Thanks for Halloween 2017

I've been playing for a little over 2 years and for various reasons I was never able to play during Halloween. It was a blast, I the achievements are great. I've got all kinds of new mini's, skins , weapons and stuff. One of my favorite things was following the Mad King around Lions Arch as he tells those awful jokes. Steve was both awesome and annoying, especially in a small group. My son and I were battling Steve together from different rooms in the house on discord. Afterward my wife asked what all the yelling was about, as soon as she heard the words "giant skeleton with a chainsaw" she packed her bags and left. Okay, she didn't leave but she did have that "why did I marry a man-child" look in her eyes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> @DeadTreeJig.6714 said:

> I've been playing for a little over 2 years and for various reasons I was never able to play during Halloween. It was a blast, I the achievements are great. I've got all kinds of new mini's, skins , weapons and stuff. One of my favorite things was following the Mad King around Lions Arch as he tells those awful jokes. Steve was both awesome and annoying, especially in a small group. My son and I were battling Steve together from different rooms in the house on discord. Afterward my wife asked what all the yelling was about, as soon as she heard the words "giant skeleton with a chainsaw" she packed her bags and left. Okay, she didn't leave but she did have that "why did I marry a man-child" look in her eyes.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Congrats on the Clock Tower. I have yet to try, remembering that in past years, I've failed so dismally. :D (And please, no one show me the video of the 4-year-old little one mastering the Wintersday JP -- it just makes me sad. ;) )

I've tried the Clocktower for the past four years and never made it as far as half-way. This year I went in with a plan: I'd spend 30 minutes every day actively working to get better and to complete it. And last night, after spending well over the 30 minute goal each day, I finally completed it . Believe me, I am not a JP aficionado. I have no natural talent. But I can say that with perseverance and determination it is possible. :) It was definitely a feeling of accomplishment.

• ArenaNet Staff

Inspiration indeed, Aye. Thanks for giving me some good ideas!

> @Aye.8392 said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Congrats on the Clock Tower. I have yet to try, remembering that in past years, I've failed so dismally. :D (And please, no one show me the video of the 4-year-old little one mastering the Wintersday JP -- it just makes me sad. ;) )

>

> I've tried the Clocktower for the past four years and never made it as far as half-way. This year I went in with a plan: I'd spend 30 minutes every day actively working to get better and to complete it. And last night, after spending well over the 30 minute goal each day, I finally completed it . Believe me, I am not a JP aficionado. I have no natural talent. But I can say that with perseverance and determination it is possible. :) It was definitely a feeling of accomplishment.

> Congrats on the Clock Tower. I have yet to try, remembering that in past years, I've failed so dismally. :D (And please, no one show me the video of the 4-year-old little one mastering the Wintersday JP -- it just makes me sad. ;) )

She's five now, and there's a new video out of her doing the clock tower. I'm considering moving off the grid in response.

• ArenaNet Staff

I... probably didn't need to read that. ~lol~

> @Taelac.7036 said:

> > Congrats on the Clock Tower. I have yet to try, remembering that in past years, I've failed so dismally. :D (And please, no one show me the video of the 4-year-old little one mastering the Wintersday JP -- it just makes me sad. ;) )

>

> She's five now, and there's a new video out of her doing the clock tower. I'm considering moving off the grid in response.

> @Taelac.7036 said:

>

> She's five now, and there's a new video out of her doing the clock tower. I'm considering moving off the grid in response.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> > >

> > I used a key from map completion of TD and a chest I had in my bank. I got that skin. I felt extremely lucky...then I sold it lol.

> >

> >

>

> That's my boy.

Blasphemy! I've had this skin since the first Halloween. I can't imagine being without it.

![](https://i.imgur.com/DWRyjLQ.jpg "")

• ArenaNet Staff

That is one impressive piece of weaponry! It's a wonder the char can lift it!

> @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> > > >

> > > I used a key from map completion of TD and a chest I had in my bank. I got that skin. I felt extremely lucky...then I sold it lol.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That's my boy.

> Blasphemy! I've had this skin since the first Halloween. I can't imagine being without it.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/DWRyjLQ.jpg "")

>

>

>

> That is one impressive piece of weaponry! It's a wonder the char can lift it!

>

> > @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > > @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> > > > >

> > > > I used a key from map completion of TD and a chest I had in my bank. I got that skin. I felt extremely lucky...then I sold it lol.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's my boy.

> > Blasphemy! I've had this skin since the first Halloween. I can't imagine being without it.

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/DWRyjLQ.jpg "")

> >

> >

> >

>

>

The charr isn't holding the sword, it's a sword holding a charr!

> That is one impressive piece of weaponry! It's a wonder the char can lift it!

>

> > @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > > @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> > > > >

> > > > I used a key from map completion of TD and a chest I had in my bank. I got that skin. I felt extremely lucky...then I sold it lol.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's my boy.

> > Blasphemy! I've had this skin since the first Halloween. I can't imagine being without it.

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/DWRyjLQ.jpg "")

> >

> >

> >

>

>

I am suprised it can be swung without ripping the Charr's arms off or knocking them flat on the ground

> @dusanyu.4057 said:

> > That is one impressive piece of weaponry! It's a wonder the char can lift it!

> >

> > > @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > > > @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> > > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> > > > > >

> > > > > I used a key from map completion of TD and a chest I had in my bank. I got that skin. I felt extremely lucky...then I sold it lol.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That's my boy.

> > > Blasphemy! I've had this skin since the first Halloween. I can't imagine being without it.

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/DWRyjLQ.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> I am suprised it can be swung without ripping the Charr's arms off or knocking them flat on the ground

I am not built quite as weakly as you are.

Thanks for fing nothing. This is just a recycle of the 2012 events with ALL the same problems. Clock Tower is still impossible for some of us and we are being unfairly penalized for being unable to do poorly designed jumping puzzles like this. The achievement SHOULD NOT BE TIED TO A JUMPING PUZZLE NOT EVERYONE CAN DO. That and the fing skeleton from the Labrynth that is impossible to run away from show that some of the devs should not be making video games if they hate players that much and don't know what FUN means.

> @Thelgar.7214 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > Heard -- frequently! -- in The Labyrinth: "I want Steve's weapon!" :D

> > > >

> > > I used a key from map completion of TD and a chest I had in my bank. I got that skin. I felt extremely lucky...then I sold it lol.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That's my boy.

> Blasphemy! I've had this skin since the first Halloween. I can't imagine being without it.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/DWRyjLQ.jpg "")

>

Now, imagine this guy charging at you in PvP and WvW. What is your first thought? ;)

> @Ellisande.5218 said:

> Clock Tower is still impossible for some of us and we are being unfairly penalized for being unable to do poorly designed jumping puzzles like this.

> the fing skeleton from the Labrynth that is impossible to run away from

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I have several thoughts on this but I'll get an infraction if I voice them

> @Ellisande.5218 said:

> Thanks for fing nothing. This is just a recycle of the 2012 events with ALL the same problems. Clock Tower is still impossible for some of us and we are being unfairly penalized for being unable to do poorly designed jumping puzzles like this. The achievement SHOULD NOT BE TIED TO A JUMPING PUZZLE NOT EVERYONE CAN DO. That and the fing skeleton from the Labrynth that is impossible to run away from show that some of the devs should not be making video games if they hate players that much and don't know what FUN means.

Can I have your stuff?

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > LAST DAY

> > Candycandycandycandeeeeee

>

> Be sure to hoard those bags to punish people who dont know [Touch of Madness] is a thing!

>

>

I sold everything(precursors, mats...)for keys in hopes of ghastly shield skin.

I start farm again this evening. I regret everything!

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > LAST DAY

> > > Candycandycandycandeeeeee

> >

> > Be sure to hoard those bags to punish people who dont know [Touch of Madness] is a thing!

> >

> >

>

> I sold everything(precursors, mats...)for keys in hopes of ghastly shield skin.

>

> I start farm again this evening. I regret everything!

Omfg rip

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > LAST DAY

> > > > Candycandycandycandeeeeee

> > >

> > > Be sure to hoard those bags to punish people who dont know [Touch of Madness] is a thing!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I sold everything(precursors, mats...)for keys in hopes of ghastly shield skin.

> >

> > I start farm again this evening. I regret everything!

>

> kitten rip

Thank you. Melandru bless you.

My final thanks, for all the phat lewtz this year. I look forward to this event more than anything else in the game. I was really happy with this year's events and being able to walk away with my inventory and wardrobe stuffed.

Mad Memoires

Mad Memoires: Complete Edition

Mad Memoires: Complete Ignition

Mad Memoires: Complete Superstition

Lunatic Acolyte Set

Lunatic Noble Set

Lunatic Templar Set

Miniature Gustav the Candy Corn Elemental

Mini Bradford the Skeleton Ghost

Miniature Gourdon

Mini Failed Attempt

3 Mad King's Gifts (Haunted Weapon Skins - haven't chosen yet)

Touch of Madness

Antonina

Sikandar

Phospholuminescent Infusion

Mini Spooky Mounts Pack

Grasping Phantom Glider