Solo OW: Rev vs Scrapper

With the help of a kind player, I managed to sort out my engineer and now have a really badass chargineer scrapper.

While the person was helping me get the HP's, they mentioned that another option for the type of gameplay that I was looking for was Revenant.

I really prefer the bruiser, facetanking, almost immortal gameplay. I understand that this normally comes at the cost of lower dps, and I am fine with that.

So my question is aimed at the people who have played both scrapper and revenant(herald it would seem)... What is better/easier at solo open world? With my current life situation, and I can only play casually, so playing with other people is hard to do at the best of times.

For hand health reasons, I've found the Rev to be much easier than the scrapper. With the changes to battle scars it is now easier than ever. Just run a power herald in full berserker gear with Glint + Jalis and the Thrill of Combat trait. You'll gain about 300 health per second by just attacking, +150 per target with vengeful hammers (max 450 additional), and an additional 150 per second with regeneration. Getting 600 health per second is enough to out-heal most encounters in the game.

Using a similar build (before the battle scars buff), I once face-tanked the Clockheart from the Twilight Arbor Aether Path. It is pretty good at playing solo, but it doesn't upscale well for organized groups.

In short - Condi Herald is far more flexible.

It depends on what you mean for "solo open world". Without Champions - Scrapper or Rev, it doesn't matter and depends on your playstyle prefference. I really like Scrapper playstyle - fast (due to direct damage) and strong (full-berserker), and it is my second main character. But if "solo open world" for you is whole content with Champions (or Bounty) solo - no options, Condi Herald.

In other words, Scrapper is excellent choice for short distance, Condi Herald - both short and long.