What potential upcoming feature are you most excited about?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > @Cirrion.8951 said:

> > Build Management and Underwater combat would be great, but I can't see an overhaul of underwater content coming outside of an expansion that focuses on that. It wouldn't make sense to redo underwater combat without any high-level underwater content.

>

> A living story episode could focus on underwater content and it would be enough to warrant it, at least I feel so.

>

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

>

> > * **UNDERWATER COMBAT** : Nope. They shouldn't focus on underwater combat cause it sucks. And also thinking about ad underwater expansion makes me sick. Underwater exploration could be a thing, but a very small part of the game. Hope they will never pur any resource into underwater combat developing again.

>

> Wouldn't the point of changing it be so that it DOESN'T suck anymore? I really don't understand the whole "don't improve this because it sucks" mentality that people have around underwater combat.

>

>

Not worth the risk.

Being optimist after the core fail is not allowed.

To me at least.

> @Loboling.5293 said:

> > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > They really need to disable the poll function on this forum. It seems the recent trend when starting a discussion is to add a poll to it. Oddly enough polls were discouraged in the old forum. All these poll threads don't accomplish much of anything and ends up with a thread like this where people post, "This is to help guide A-Net to develop sections of the game most players want," and then add heavily biased poll options. I seriously doubt Anet is going to look at the results of this poll, or all the others similar to it, to decide what to develop next.

>

> I'd love your advice on a less biased poll. I don't see a problem with players discussing things they would like added to the game. Please give me some ideas. If everyone puts in some effort, I'm sure we can make the next expansion even better than the previous two.

You can'tmake an unbiased poll for this question, because you'll only put up topics that have been heavily commented on, topics that you would like to see. Note all of the polls on "What race do you want to bring to the game lel?", most of them don't have an option for "None, the game has enough races", but they all have about 5 or 6 absolutely stupid options ("I want to be a fucking quaggan. Make me a skeleton! Lets play as rock gazelles"). Polls are inherently biased by the person making it

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > > @Cirrion.8951 said:

> > > Build Management and Underwater combat would be great, but I can't see an overhaul of underwater content coming outside of an expansion that focuses on that. It wouldn't make sense to redo underwater combat without any high-level underwater content.

> >

> > A living story episode could focus on underwater content and it would be enough to warrant it, at least I feel so.

> >

> > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> >

> > > * **UNDERWATER COMBAT** : Nope. They shouldn't focus on underwater combat cause it sucks. And also thinking about ad underwater expansion makes me sick. Underwater exploration could be a thing, but a very small part of the game. Hope they will never pur any resource into underwater combat developing again.

> >

> > Wouldn't the point of changing it be so that it DOESN'T suck anymore? I really don't understand the whole "don't improve this because it sucks" mentality that people have around underwater combat.

> >

> >

>

> Not worth the risk.

> Being optimist after the core fail is not allowed.

> To me at least.

They recently stated they needed to do better on underwater content. That suggests they may be looking at improvements and given we have a deep sea dragon, some underwater content should be expected somewhere down the line.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> You can'tmake an unbiased poll for this question, because you'll only put up topics that have been heavily commented on, topics that you would like to see. Note all of the polls on "What race do you want to bring to the game lel?", most of them don't have an option for "None, the game has enough races", but they all have about 5 or 6 absolutely stupid options ("I want to be a kitten quaggan. Make me a skeleton! Lets play as rock gazelles"). Polls are inherently biased by the person making it

Sure, but that is a good thing. You just reminded me I wish I had added additional races to my poll. If the poll is influenced only by things that have been heavily talked about. (which is what I tried to do) Then only the things most wanted are placed on the poll. So when A-Net is trying to decide on where to allocate resources, they can know what the majority of players are looking forward to. I'm sure A-Net wishes they could add all this stuff, but they can't do everything. That is what polls like this are for.

I asked for how to make it less biased, because I thought you found something wrong with it. I love your idea for including an extra race and I think you're right they should include an option for "no new races are needed". Feedback is important, both between players and with the developers to keep this game developing in a way that will please the majority playing. (which means more money, and more development)

The developers will keep adding things to this game, so long as it's profitable to do so. So if we don't give them feedback, they may put a lot of effort into things that won't be enjoyed.

Thinking over your point some more, I can sort of see your worry. The thing that makes a game like guild wars 2 magical is the diversity of it. There are so many fun ways to spend your time, and even the environment is diverse, npc dialog, events, static quests. It allows something for everyone to enjoy; and if we focus too heavily on a single thing. (which may be the outcome of a poll like this) We could lose some of the magic that makes this game great. Since it is, after all, an artistic expression. And artists need room to create. If that is your point, I can agree to it, but generally speaking, I still believe player polling can do a lot of good for the game.

> @Randulf.7614 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> > > > @Cirrion.8951 said:

> > > > Build Management and Underwater combat would be great, but I can't see an overhaul of underwater content coming outside of an expansion that focuses on that. It wouldn't make sense to redo underwater combat without any high-level underwater content.

> > >

> > > A living story episode could focus on underwater content and it would be enough to warrant it, at least I feel so.

> > >

> > > > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > >

> > > > * **UNDERWATER COMBAT** : Nope. They shouldn't focus on underwater combat cause it sucks. And also thinking about ad underwater expansion makes me sick. Underwater exploration could be a thing, but a very small part of the game. Hope they will never pur any resource into underwater combat developing again.

> > >

> > > Wouldn't the point of changing it be so that it DOESN'T suck anymore? I really don't understand the whole "don't improve this because it sucks" mentality that people have around underwater combat.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not worth the risk.

> > Being optimist after the core fail is not allowed.

> > To me at least.

>

> They recently stated they needed to do better on underwater content. That suggests they may be looking at improvements and given we have a deep sea dragon, some underwater content should be expected somewhere down the line.

They admitted the should have done a better job, which is different.

Currently is not that underwater combat isn't good.

It's the worst thing ever seen.

Making a new one would be an unknown.

And don't mention a whole expansion based on a renowed underwater combat system (and no jump, no hidden routes, no obstacles, nothing fun ).

I'd like to explore underwater sometimes, but that's it.

Only exploration.

Even if the underwater combat system would be balanced i couldn't enjoy playing gw2 underwater.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> I sincerely hope ANet can come up with more interesting new developments than the ones in this poll.

Me too. Although, I would love to have build management be made easier while I enjoy that content. hehe

If you happen to think of something, please post it. Maybe once the moderators respond to me and fuse the two polls. (silly me, but I can't delete a thread without a moderator for some reason) Down the line, we can make a new poll that will include all suggestions here.

As polls go, the inclusion of Other (please specify) in this one goes a long way towards allowing a greater range of expression. There will always be people who see only specific options who will opt out because they don't want any of those options. This can skew results. However, as far as it goes, discussion of possible future features in GW2 does not, strictly speaking, require a poll. The poll results will be of less value to ANet than the ideas expressed.

The caveat with polls in general is that they are of limited value. The results are likely to be skewed by poll design. The more complex (e.g., descriptive) the poll options are, the greater the possibility they will influence the results. A simple, "Do you like this idea, yes or no?" is more likely to generate a truer snapshot of opinion than anything more complex. The reasons they work better for things like election outcomes (though not always) are that the decisions are simple (do you favor candidate X or Y) and the polling organization is generating a large sample size using some method to obtain a cross-section of opinion. While this poll is sampling some forum users, the sample size is going to be quite small.

While I would welcome Build Templates, I don't see that coming as a big feature in an XPac. I believe that UW combat is about as likely to see an update as explorable dungeons. Dueling? I'm not opposed to it with some limits, but I suspect the current options (PvP custom arenas, informal dueling in WvW and guild halls) is as far as ANet will go due to the duelphobia that always arises whenever the possibility is mentioned. Housing? Not my cup of tea. I like Shirlias idea of implementing it as a gem store attraction.

So, I chose Other. I'd like to see ANet revisit the Underworld, Tomb of the Primeval Kings (the other side of the portal), Fissure of Woe and Domain of Anguish. If lore means that these places are inaccessible, there's always the possibility of at least touching on them as fractals.

> @IndigoSundown.5419 said:

> So, I chose Other. I'd like to see ANet revisit the Underworld, Tomb of the Primeval Kings (the other side of the portal), Fissure of Woe and Domain of Anguish. If lore means that these places are inaccessible, there's always the possibility of at least touching on them as fractals.

>

>

Ok, can I change my answer? Lol, I miss these areas terribly.

I would definitely be most excited for build saving, if it were to ever come about. It would be a game-changer (pardon the pun) not only for accessibility to various content without the tedium of carrying and swapping gear, but a fantastic boon (again, pardon the pun) to experimenting with builds, and it would also be highly advantageous for role-playing without losing combat abilities as happens with various town-clothes tonics.

I don't pvp so that option isn't of any interest to me, and I'm not sure how underwater combat could be made to work but given Anet's ingenuity with mounts I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can find a new and innovative way.

In terms of player housing, DR's home instance already feels pretty homely. I don't need my own house to feel at home. I'd be most excited if - as a first step - the home instances allowed placing nodes where I want. That would be a big step forward. And beyond that, if you could access your bank from the home instance.

Or, if I was going all out, if I could access my personal nodes in the Lily Of Elon. That place already has everything else I want. It just needs my nodes, visible only to me, and (even better) placeable where I want. That way, I'd never have to go into my home instance. I'd be amongst other players all the time, which is the point of the game. The home instance would remain for those times when you want to invite someone in there to share your nodes.

Why do these polls at time never have a simple "None of the above" option?

Like honestly... not everyone would be interested in any of that.

**Build Management (swap gear, traits and utilities on the click of a button)**

PvP does it and Legendary Gear too.

**Underwater combat improvements (Let's fix this so we can have an expansion dedicated to underwater zones)**

I rather underwater mount 1st. Even then, I rather not even deal with underwater parts unless I have to. Dedicating an expansion to that I would assume would have not that great of a sale.

**PvP Dueling (Allowing two players to engage in combat (to one hp) anywhere in the world; duel requests)**

I rather lick a Risen.

**Player Housing (So solo players can sort of have their own guild hall)**

Which they can Bloody Red Dye do already by having their own guild hall to decorate.

Absolutely looking forwards to possibly seeing official build template support in the future.

> @dusanyu.4057 said:

> None of the above.

> Option 1 Just becuse we had it in GW1 (For PvP reasons) does not mean we need it in GW2 for PvE Reasons.

What makes you think build templates in GW1 were there for PvP reasons? They very much were a PvE thing just as much as a PvP thing. People saved builds for various different missions. Additionally anyone who did running utilized templates to save their runner build and a normal build.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > **Build Management (swap gear, traits and utilities on the click of a button)**

> > PvP does it and Legendary Gear too.

>

> It is not the same, you can't swap your build with a button, you need to swap everything one by one.

> And Legendary gear isn't enough either

"slightly" can with arcdps if you want to use that though.

> @Mewcifer.5198 said:

> One of my favorite things coming to GW2 was that underwater combat was different. I wasn't just swinging a sword and using the same weapons/abilities that I was using on ground. It really made GW2 unique. I really wish anet would make an effort to redo the underwater skills so people can stop hating underwater combat so much. I also hope that if/when they do this it also comes with an underwater mount that can make traversing underwater areas a little faster than swimming.

>

> (Also, just a nudge, the title should be "What upcoming features would you be most excited about?" As it is now, it implies that the thread is about promised features, not potential suggested ones)

I voted for build management but underwater could certainly use some love. For example, you have access to precisely 0 skills if you are swimming on the surface. Or if you use a keyboard to move navigating in water (including the initial dive into it) is just .... wrong. I did not select it because I want to see those things (especially the latter) fixed and I have a feeling once they touch it once they will not revisit it for a long time. Without keyboard movement fixed a pack centered on underwater combat would be a nightmare.

Now that we have two packs we can extrapolate a bit of what will make the cut. Basically it looks like it has to meet two criteria:

Will this add to the core game ..... without breaking it too badly?

Is this something that can be monetized via the gem store?

Houses make the cut easily. Swapping builds if they think there will be a market for more builds or something. I am not quite sure how they would do it with underwater (skins maybe). PVP is the one I can least see how it would meet either criteria.

Excelsior.

Usually I use Rifle and Daggers when sh..t hit the fan and I have to go berserk.

But I'd like to use Pistols more often but finding those in my cluttered inventory is so annoying I don't do it.

Also nice if possible: Displaying several weapons at once (back and sides).

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Why do these polls at time never have a simple "None of the above" option?

> Like honestly... not everyone would be interested in any of that.

Sadly I made this poll twice, the first one missing the other option, and it happens to be the one that took off. I wrote a moderator to fuse the two threads, but no response so far. Also annoying, you can't edit a poll once it's made. So I couldn't add the other option once it was made, I had to make a whole new poll.

Anyway, I fully agree, but sadly, since this is the one of the two that took off, I think those who hold other opinions should post their opinions, and down the line we'll be able to make a new poll, which includes all ideas.