A thought regarding Jormag/Primordus

Ezdagor.7985

I think one or two people have also brought that up on this sub-forum. Its an interesting idea but I'm not sure it'd work with how the All is supposed to function, we still need a minimum of four ED's to keep Tyria from being destroyed and I'm not currently inclined to think that a composite ED will allow us to circumvent that requirement.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> I think one or two people have also brought that up on this sub-forum. Its an interesting idea but I'm not sure it'd work with how the All is supposed to function, we still need a minimum of four ED's to keep Tyria from being destroyed and I'm not currently inclined to think that a composite ED will allow us to circumvent that requirement.

To be fair, there's still so much we don't know about The All and it feels like something they could easily modify by expanding on what we know. I mean, all we know right now is just a primitive understanding of a machine built by a moral Asura. And research done by another. - Well, and technically Glint and her prophecy.

But the exalted lore person in Eye of The North seemed to be pretty vague on the prophecy stating that Glint didn't have much information on what happened after Aurene's ascension. I think that's kind of hinting at the possibility that there could be more involved. Maybe not.

But - with the introduction of Jormag and Primordus being each other's opposites, and Zhaitan and Mordremoth seemingly being opposing, could it be that the balance in the All is more like a magnetic pole?

I.e. 3 positive dragons and 3 negative dragons. When we eliminated Zhaitan the scales were uneven, the power went to Mordremoth. We killed Mordremoth and the power was divided amongst the remaining dragons. Kralk was immediately replaced by Aurene.

So at this moment, if either Jormag or Primordus dies we'll have an imbalance in that polarity again. But what happens if they BOTH die. Sure we'll have a crap ton of magic released and Aurene and DSD will wind up getting supercharged, but with them being on opposing ends of the scale is that enough to keep the All from collapsing and Tyria from unraveling?

I just feel like we have so little information on The All that they could really devise the story however they wanted to make it fit. I could honestly see Aurene becoming the one elder dragon that contains all (TEMPORARILY) with a living season following End of Dragons that deals with her gifting magic and domains to other forces, i.e. Spirits of the Wild, the Pale Tree, etc.

But I'm hoping we'll have a bit more clarification on some of this after Braham's debut next week with the Vision of the Past. The lore in general in these DRM's hasn't really left much room for discussion or really felt like they advanced the plot much if we're actually dealing with ANY elder dragon this saga.

Well, assuming to Taimi's simulation, destroying the two dragons simultaneously would result in Tyria's destruction, so it doesn't seem to be that there's some balancing factor between them that allows the All to remain balanced if both are removed simultaneously. Unless there's some factor that the simulation didn't allow for, of course.

How Aurene's ascension might change that, however, is unknown. We _seem_ to be getting an indication that the Spirits of the Wild might be able to absorb or otherwise contain the released energies somehow: "the Wild together can direct the fall". What that actually means, however, seems to be a matter for the upcoming release(s).