Anomalies in 100cm Ark bugged?

zealex.9410

During the 80, 50 and 30% phases (or what ever the % was) u know the split phases, yeah during those the anomaly mechanic depending on how fast or slow u pushed ark would spawn. Now it just spawns and does nothing. Is it like bugged or this was intented? If its intented then feelsbad. The split phase is so forgiving (time wise) and stuff like the anomaly made it exciting.

It is one of three bugs with cm100 now. After the initial anomaly spawn, the corporeal reassignment attack only works once, and then stops working until after he phases.

The other anomaly bug is when the corporeal reassignment attack works, but the anomaly doesn't spawn. Ever. You have to sit there and take the attack. Once you get this bug, the instance is ruined, and you need a couple of tempests to rebound the doom attack.

The third bug is that Arkk will sometimes get hung up between animations. Normally Arkk has mini phases where he switches from using the cannon and using the hammer. He switches between these two depending on several things, but sometimes the switch will hang, and he'll just stand there doing nothing for 10 seconds or so. This doesn't seem like much, but he almost always gets hung up after activating the PDF attack, in which case a good team can DPS him down without having to really fight against his attacks.

If the anomaly bugs you are not out of options. The fight is still perfectly doable by having the person with the bomb /gg and then the other 4 people power rez him,

If the person with the bomb gg's nobody else in the group takes damage.

Fight is trivial until the floors start lighting up.

If a person has to /gg during that time, just have that person /gg and wait till you push him to change phase again to rez that person.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> It is one of three bugs with cm100 now. After the initial anomaly spawn, the corporeal reassignment attack only works once, and then stops working until after he phases.

>

> The other anomaly bug is when the corporeal reassignment attack works, but the anomaly doesn't spawn. Ever. You have to sit there and take the attack. Once you get this bug, the instance is ruined, and you need a couple of tempests to rebound the doom attack.

>

> The third bug is that Arkk will sometimes get hung up between animations. Normally Arkk has mini phases where he switches from using the cannon and using the hammer. He switches between these two depending on several things, but sometimes the switch will hang, and he'll just stand there doing nothing for 10 seconds or so. This doesn't seem like much, but he almost always gets hung up after activating the PDF attack, in which case a good team can DPS him down without having to really fight against his attacks.

>

>

I've got a fix coming for the first one, but I'm having trouble reproducing the second. If I can't figure out what is causing it I might try some safeguard or something... Id rather the bomb go away if there is no anomaly than the anomaly not spawn while there is a bomb...

The third will require a rewrite of his AI which I just haven't had time for :/

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> I've got a fix coming for the first one, but I'm having trouble reproducing the second.

This is completely unverified, but my friend gave me an explanation. He said this happens when you wipe at <30% (it might not happen always, just sometimes) and Arkk's state partially fails to reset. The game thinks anomalies shouldn't spawn, but the bombs still keep spawning. Of course this is just a theory, but it might be a lead.

I'd try wiping in Arkk's last phase and then re-trying the fight.

> @Tarasicodissa.7084 said:

> > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > I've got a fix coming for the first one, but I'm having trouble reproducing the second.

> This is completely unverified, but my friend gave me an explanation. He said this happens when you wipe at <30% (it might not happen always, just sometimes) and Arkk's state partially fails to reset. The game thinks anomalies shouldn't spawn, but the bombs still keep spawning. Of course this is just a theory, but it might be a lead.

> I'd try wiping in Arkk's last phase and then re-trying the fight.

I've been told that as well, I failed to repro it once but I may have not had the correct conditions. I'll try with that in mind.

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > @Tarasicodissa.7084 said:

> > > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > > I've got a fix coming for the first one, but I'm having trouble reproducing the second.

> > This is completely unverified, but my friend gave me an explanation. He said this happens when you wipe at <30% (it might not happen always, just sometimes) and Arkk's state partially fails to reset. The game thinks anomalies shouldn't spawn, but the bombs still keep spawning. Of course this is just a theory, but it might be a lead.

> > I'd try wiping in Arkk's last phase and then re-trying the fight.

>

> I've been told that as well, I failed to repro it once but I may have not had the correct conditions. I'll try with that in mind.

Yesterday, I wiped at 8%, and the bug didn't happen. I think we got to the last phase several times again, though I don't remember exactly how many times. Then we wiped at 1%, and this bug happened. Not sure what the rule is, but take this as another data point.

That's happen to us last sat.

Anomaly at last boss behave strangely.

It appears during orb phase but no bomb .. it appears after cc. Although no bomb it's good enough to cause a lil (a lil only) panic lol

Btw.. I hv only started 100cm again after playing only 3 times at launch due to the lag issue for me.. but recently tried again and found the lag seems to be not as bad now and game play is manageable.. did the dev do something for us the trouble oceanic players in EU server :p if so Id like to thank you very much for that. I will be working on lnhb tittle :)

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> It is one of three bugs with cm100 now. After the initial anomaly spawn, the corporeal reassignment attack only works once, and then stops working until after he phases.

>

> The other anomaly bug is when the corporeal reassignment attack works, but the anomaly doesn't spawn. Ever. You have to sit there and take the attack. Once you get this bug, the instance is ruined, and you need a couple of tempests to rebound the doom attack.

>

> The third bug is that Arkk will sometimes get hung up between animations. Normally Arkk has mini phases where he switches from using the cannon and using the hammer. He switches between these two depending on several things, but sometimes the switch will hang, and he'll just stand there doing nothing for 10 seconds or so. This doesn't seem like much, but he almost always gets hung up after activating the PDF attack, in which case a good team can DPS him down without having to really fight against his attacks.

>

>

mmm. now every time someone /gg (it looks like), he bugs and doesn't appear at all. i did notice the hang up bug. arkk keeps turning around but doesn't do any attack for the good 15s or so. it really speeds up the run. lol.

my first lfg group, arkk was 8% health, but i tried to rez a dps and accidentally got the fear, failed to distort. lol. so that person died, while 2 of us got feared off the platform, landed alright. but we died instantly. we were like o.o what the? we think it's another bug when landing. pls reproduce and fix it if you can, Anet. cuz that was rather annoying.

last 2 persons standing, someone just /gg, so the healing ele panic and fell 3 times. lol. smashed the 4th time and just die so we could reset. that's when anomaly bugs. that group disbanded so i just went about my dailies and rejoined another one later.

just like the previous attempt, i start to notice once you /gg, the bug appears. with or without arkk reaches below 30% health. after we consult others that we did not see anomaly after someone /gg cuz he needed to switch his utilities. we were forced to /gg all to reset. when we do reset, our first phase is already bugged out.

the druid dropped, we then started a lil switching, our condi berserker switched to healing ele. with distort and rebound at the right time, we ignore the attack completely. mili seconds too soon or too late and it's very messy. it's still a very punishing bug. so pls fix Anet =/

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > after 3 months this fractal is full of bug... it was really ready when you release it.... testing is soo overrated....

>

> This is the single prominent MMO that doesn't have a PTR (public test realm). You beta test things on release.

it's soo fun paid a game to be a beta tester....

> @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > > after 3 months this fractal is full of bug... it was really ready when you release it.... testing is soo overrated....

> >

> > This is the single prominent MMO that doesn't have a PTR (public test realm). You beta test things on release.

>

> it's soo fun paid a game to be a beta tester....

Welcome to every game on steam nowdays.

> @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> after 3 months this fractal is full of bug... it was really ready when you release it.... testing is soo overrated....

We did test it a lot. The problem wasn't lack of testing but flaws in the engineering of his scripts, which made it very fragile and prone to breakage from bugfixes or timing issues.

Anyways... I found a few suspicious problems in the scripts that I was able to fix without rebuilding it. After the 11/7 patch, let me know if you are still seeing this bug, or others, as I mentioned above... >_>