Whats the point of armor repairs in gw2 anymore?

> @LiewKW.6410 said:

> To prevent repeated rezzing and body throwing at bosses.

Doesn't this just take away from the fun of the game though? People are going to rez constantly for world bosses and dynamic events regardless all the time. Why penalize people afterwords to go finding an armor repair just for having fun? They're going to do it regardless (die rez and keep playing) so its not deterring anything.

The question is, if they are going to remove it, how they intend to make it right for

- Endless Repair

- Repair single use items

?

After they have an answer for this questione they can move far and remove it, and finally make gw2 a triple A mmo

( though it's a modest time sink for em, so i really doubt that they are going to modify it ).

I liked it well enough when it cost coin to repair. I also liked it in GW1 that it wasn't something you had to worry about. This in-between thing we currently have is... confusing.

Perhaps some additional form of death penalty / resurrection sickness that proccs on multiple deaths in short time to avoid body throwing? _~shrug~_

> @Dashiva.6149 said:

> I liked it well enough when it cost coin to repair. I also liked it in GW1 that it wasn't something you had to worry about. This in-between thing we currently have is... confusing.

>

> Perhaps some additional form of death penalty / resurrection sickness that proccs on multiple deaths in short time to avoid body throwing? _~shrug~_

If you were Vanquishing dying was absolutely something you worried about. The death penalty was more severe in GW and cost valuable consumables to undo.

> @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> > @Dashiva.6149 said:

> > I liked it well enough when it cost coin to repair. I also liked it in GW1 that it wasn't something you had to worry about. This in-between thing we currently have is... confusing.

> >

> > Perhaps some additional form of death penalty / resurrection sickness that proccs on multiple deaths in short time to avoid body throwing? _~shrug~_

>

> If you were Vanquishing dying was absolutely something you worried about. The death penalty was more severe in GW and cost valuable consumables to undo.

>

Oh for sure, _dying_ was certainly something you worried about, repairing equipment not so much.

> @Menadena.7482 said:

> In general PVE it is more an annoyance than anything. Where I really would love to see it change is story instances, I have only seen an anvil in one of them (POF chapter 1) so it is not uncommon to end an instance totally naked.

This..this is quite irritating.

Although it was quite amusing running in my undies filled with the power of the egg.

I have repair canisters....i never think of carrying them to use xD

Maybe that irritation of not having repair anvils in story instances is the entire point to incentivize you to... you know... not die. Kind of like having to respawn at an unlocked WP rather than automatically being revived 30 seconds later where you died. It’s simply a penalty to incentivize better play.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> Maybe that irritation of not having repair anvils in story instances is the entire point to incentivize you to... you know... not die. Kind of like having to respawn at an unlocked WP rather than automatically being revived 30 seconds later where you died. It’s simply a penalty to incentivize better play.

I already have an incentive not to die...I want to complete the instance..and the more you die..the longer it takes.

Losing all my armor doesn't make we want to die less. It doesn't even make a difference. (As in the carrying the egg instance in HOT story...)

It just meant, I finished armorless.

It's more likely an attempt to sell repair canisters for gems

> @Taygus.4571 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > Maybe that irritation of not having repair anvils in story instances is the entire point to incentivize you to... you know... not die. Kind of like having to respawn at an unlocked WP rather than automatically being revived 30 seconds later where you died. It’s simply a penalty to incentivize better play.

>

> I already have an incentive not to die...I want to complete the instance..and the more you die..the longer it takes.

>

> Losing all my armor doesn't make we want to die less. It doesn't even make a difference. (As in the carrying the egg instance in HOT story...)

> It just meant, I finished armorless.

>

> It's more likely an attempt to sell repair canisters for gems

Yes, it does losing armor makes you lose stats which can cause longer fights so as you said you do have a reason not to die and having armor broken.

I would had agree with you it was to sell repair canisters if they still charged for repairs and if it wasn’t so simple to repair. Dungeons / Fractals you simply can exit and repair then go back in as long one person stay.

I however do think the removal of the extra click to repair should be changed.