PoF areas: Impossible to rest for one second...

> @"DeadTreeJig.6714" said:

> After the initial rush of getting mounts and doing the first act of the story, I spend almost no time in PoF. It's like the OP said, it's not that I can't take the mobs on, it's that after a while it becomes a tedious chore. For now I'm back in Tyria doing the personal story for my alts. I'll head back into PoF once I forget why I left.

>

Yes, I was in there constantly doing the first act and getting the initial 4 mounts (I did not get the top level masteries for them yet in case I need the points later). Now though I probably spend more time in my guild hall gathering than in all the rest of the core POF zones.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to have completed maps on all of my characters. I recently finished Core Tyria and the Heart of Maguuma on my Revenant. I'm currently working through the Crystal Desert with him now. I find myself "abusing" the log out / log in trick all of the time in the Crystal Desert, unlike the other two regions. I do this because this is the least irritating way (for me) to complete my goal. It's not about difficulty. I have no problems clearing the mobs. It's simply tedious doing it over and over and over and over again.

> @"Shining One.1635" said:

> I like to have completed maps on all of my characters. I recently finished Core Tyria and the Heart of Maguuma on my Revenant. I'm currently working through the Crystal Desert with him now. I find myself "abusing" the log out / log in trick all of the time in the Crystal Desert, unlike the other two regions. I do this because this is the least irritating way (for me) to complete my goal. It's not about difficulty. I have no problems clearing the mobs. It's simply tedious doing it over and over and over and over again.

Oh look, another stupid sand eel that for some reason noticed me from 50 miles away and brings 5 other sand eels with it...again. Joy!

Going back to the OP's original message (and skipping the arguments), part of the problem with being "in combat" is that the leash range on the mobs is a bit far. Similar to how their aggro range is substantial.

I think this goes *against* the intention of the new maps being more exploration friendly. It's hard to really explore when you're fighting all the random mobs. If you stop for a few seconds to look around, suddenly a Hydra.

I'm ok with it, as it adds some challenge. The leash range is ok, but it would be nice if the aggro range on trash mobs was reduced by about 25%. This applies mostly to the mobs in Crystal Oasis and Elon Riverlands. Desert Highlands isn't quite as bad, and The Desolation seems to have been designed so that the challenge is more about the terrain than the mobs. I haven't explored Vabbi enough to say much about it.

I've been running across PoF with several characters and honestly I cannot understand how people are having problems there. I mean, ok, HoT on launch was borderline nightmare, but this? Most mobs barely slow me down, and its almost always easy to avoid them using mount skills. The only truly irritating mobs I can think of are Jaracanda packs, those things seem designed to be annoying.

One and only real issue I see is how ranged mobs shooting form elevation can sometimes keep me in combat forever, effectively preventing mounting, so I can't hit them due to obstructed and can't bunny up to get them. Sometimes it leaves me kind of stuck in a hole. Happened a few times, but it's a minor complaint across so many playing hours.

If anything, Vabbi seems to have too few enemies/events outside of Brand, and no one ever goes into the Brand anymore.