Some things I don't think other people will mention:

1) Nerf to sword thief

2) nerf to condi thief

3) nerf to all condi mes builds

4) break apart power mes gs burst combo

5) nerf spellbreaker survivability and CC/condi resistance

6) reduce scourge's aoe coverage

7) give necro just a bit more stab, a tiny bit

8) remove Weaver attunement swap cd, (i dont play weaver, just think the cd ruins the the fluidity of weaving attunements)

9) GREATLY nerf scrapper/holosmiths boon generation

10) Make ranger pet stats scale from the ranger's own stats

11) Make traps unable to recharge until traps have been triggered!

12) Make renegade viable for pvp.

13) Increase the size of all points in pvp to be equal to that of mid point in foefire.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Rev, reposting from another thread:

> @XxsdgxX.8109 said:

> > @Aenaos.8160 said:

> > Revenant is nicely balanced atm.

> > It's got it's powers,defensive and offensive,spread out,it has proper resource management.

> > It's a great class for PvP,and requires a brain to play.

> > This is how all classes should be.

> > it's just that all the other classes are so overpowered,and require so little skill to play optimally,that make Rev seem trash.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Agreed

>

> Yeah I'd say that Revenant is actually the most balanced class right now. Just because it actually takes brainpower to play, a high risk class with decent reward.

> However... in comparison to other classes it is actually pretty weak, but only when you put them side to side.

>

> So yeah Instead of buffing Revenant I'd instead _nerf_ everything else, but the problem is that the game is still full of overtuned specs... like, HoT and PoF included and who knows when will they do something about all that.

>

> Now, if the only way is to buff Revenants (which I'd rather not have that) then I'd ask for utility buffs or nerfs to be rolled back:

>

> **Enchanted Daggers** - Give them back the ability to not be wasted/consumed when you are blinded or if the target is blocking, immune.

>

> **Equilibrium** - Revert the damage nerf, it's actually a quite hard to use trait. _Invoking a legend triggers a burst that damages foes if your energy is above the threshold. (50+)_

>

> **Facet of Light** - The random patch it got its upkeep changed from -1 to -2 ... back to -1 energy

>

> **Precision Strike** - Give it back its damage, totally uncalled nerf that came along with the _Surge of the Mists_ -50% nerf (that staff 5 nerf alone was more than enough)

>

>

> The tricky ones, could be just one or two at a time:

>

> **Crystal Hibernation** - Give it back its full heal, it's absolutely not worth it right now unless it becomes a mobile block. Or give Envoy of Exuberance the ability to clear 2+ conditions. Although to be honest I'd rather not have that just to keep the theme of Revenant being weak to conditions still there.

> **Riposting Shadows** - Give it back its full endurance renewal on use, 50. Currently at 25.

>

> **Surge of the Mists** - Keep the WvW/PvE numbers. Which already have the double -15% damage nerfs which got it it to a pretty fair spot.

>

> **Phase Traversal** - Not necessarily a reversion to the first version but remove the CD from it or reduce the energy cost from 35 back to 20.

>

>

> > @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > Holosmith

> > - Increase CD on Holo Leap to 4 seconds

> > - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse down to 1 Stack of Stability. Double the Barrier

>

> Oh honey...

>

> Holo leap is like our only gap closer in that melee mode, and 4 seconds would only allows us to use maybe twice in an entire barrage? Also, decreasing our (only) access to stability for a measly amount of barrier? Lul!

I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.

Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

On Holo Leap:

I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

> @Devilman.1532 said:

> Weaver needs virtually a full rework back to drawing board.. Its a clunky POS. It needs all the help that other above have listed and more. Moreso tho its just a very poor design in general. Wish my auramancer was viable as I really enjoy that but as things stand its just..not.

This is just not true. Weaver does not feel clunky when you nail your fluid and strong defensive rotation of evades. If Weaver had the ability to might stack more conveniently, as it's currently not worth, it would open up lots of potential.

If you think Weaver needs a full rework back to the drawing board, what say you about Renegade's Shortbow, Legend, and F abilities? Weaver not far off from being a monster duelist.

I wish for damage, sustain, amount of condi and amount of cleanse to be halved.

For pulsing boons and pulsing corrupts to be removed.

For ice, light and shadow fields to be on par with water and fire.

For balance team to start communicating and playing the game.

And other unrealistic fantasies. :frown:

> @Sarathes.3810 said:

> I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.

> Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

>

> Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

>

> On Holo Leap:

> I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

True, Crystal Configuration: Eclipse is a no brainer for PvP.

When you gate skills behind a resource mechanic and deny access to the abilities when you're out of resources, they tend to be subjectively overpowered when compared to non-gated abilities.

1v1's aren't everything, and are easily avoided in favor of target rich environments, but keep in mind right now a properly played Holosmith's match-ups vs. properly played opponents are not great. Nothing is fodder to the Holosmith in the metagame of Scourge, Spellbreaker, Thief, Firebrand, Mirage/Chrono/Holo. Things I think are fair fights for Holosmith overall vs. well played enemies: D/P Thief, Chronomancer, Power Rev, Core War. Things that when are played optimally will probably result in you retreating: Scourge, Fresh Air Ele, any Mirage, S/D Thief, Druid will just whittle you down over a minute or two, Any Guardian (Core, Dragonhunter) these will just trade blows and overpower your Photon forge due to differences in defense, forcing your retreat is not guaranteed but probable. Holosmith will fodder-ize things like Renegade, Soulbeast.. but so does everything, kinda, RIP.

Holosmith is a spiking tool & CC bot in teamfights, and boasts some above average map presence, adequate group stealth and support. It fights on the level of Chronomancer and D/P thief but brings slightly less overall utility than Thief's guaranteed stability & protection stealing, guaranteed stealth, superior map mobility, ability to hunt thieves, and Chronomancer's Portal, Moa, healing Well.

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to where Holosmith fits in for PvP roles.. Holosmith won't get further nerfs in the Tuesday patch I'm calling it. My guess would be more nerfs to the superior fighting ability of the Scourge/Spellbreaker & Firebrand, perhaps Mirage shaves.

overall: make barrier not decay anymore (its capped on 50% hp anyway)

For necro:

Increase the shade uptime back to 20 seconds, since after the nerf youre forced to take Sand Savant atm. (maybe reduce Shade uptime when picking sand savant)

Make staff autoattack inflikt bleed

add lifeforce generation to rending curse (1% or so)(would make necro more viable in pve without changing too much in pvp/wvw)

make desert shroud more visible

increase heal on sandflare to 4500 or something like that

remove cast time on sand swell

spellbreaker

increas cooldown on full counter to 20 seconds ore remove revenge counter

increase cooldown on shield stance to 30 seconds

> @Devilman.1532 said:

> Weaver needs virtually a full rework back to drawing board.. Its a clunky POS. It needs all the help that other above have listed and more. Moreso tho its just a very poor design in general. Wish my auramancer was viable as I really enjoy that but as things stand its just..not.

Idk I'm having fun with Weaver.

> @XxsdgxX.8109 said:

> For Rev, reposting from another thread:

>

>

> > @XxsdgxX.8109 said:

> > > @Aenaos.8160 said:

> > > Revenant is nicely balanced atm.

> > > It's got it's powers,defensive and offensive,spread out,it has proper resource management.

> > > It's a great class for PvP,and requires a brain to play.

> > > This is how all classes should be.

> > > it's just that all the other classes are so overpowered,and require so little skill to play optimally,that make Rev seem trash.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Agreed

> >

> > Yeah I'd say that Revenant is actually the most balanced class right now. Just because it actually takes brainpower to play, a high risk class with decent reward.

> > However... in comparison to other classes it is actually pretty weak, but only when you put them side to side.

> >

> > So yeah Instead of buffing Revenant I'd instead _nerf_ everything else, but the problem is that the game is still full of overtuned specs... like, HoT and PoF included and who knows when will they do something about all that.

> >

> > Now, if the only way is to buff Revenants (which I'd rather not have that) then I'd ask for utility buffs or nerfs to be rolled back:

> >

> > **Enchanted Daggers** - Give them back the ability to not be wasted/consumed when you are blinded or if the target is blocking, immune.

> >

> > **Equilibrium** - Revert the damage nerf, it's actually a quite hard to use trait. _Invoking a legend triggers a burst that damages foes if your energy is above the threshold. (50+)_

> >

> > **Facet of Light** - The random patch it got its upkeep changed from -1 to -2 ... back to -1 energy

> >

> > **Precision Strike** - Give it back its damage, totally uncalled nerf that came along with the _Surge of the Mists_ -50% nerf (that staff 5 nerf alone was more than enough)

> >

> >

> > The tricky ones, could be just one or two at a time:

> >

> > **Crystal Hibernation** - Give it back its full heal, it's absolutely not worth it right now unless it becomes a mobile block. Or give Envoy of Exuberance the ability to clear 2+ conditions. Although to be honest I'd rather not have that just to keep the theme of Revenant being weak to conditions still there.

> > **Riposting Shadows** - Give it back its full endurance renewal on use, 50. Currently at 25.

> >

> > **Surge of the Mists** - Keep the WvW/PvE numbers. Which already have the double -15% damage nerfs which got it it to a pretty fair spot.

> >

> > **Phase Traversal** - Not necessarily a reversion to the first version but remove the CD from it or reduce the energy cost from 35 back to 20.

> >

> >

>

>

Lol. No, just no. Those skills were nerfed for a reason. Completely braindead damage values for what they did. 7k PS every 4 seconds. Surge evading, ccing, giving mobility and nuking on a 20 sec cd? What? Must-dodge UA + precision strike + weapon swap surge. People only have so many dodges man.

Also the enchanted daggers bit made me laugh irl. Skills that are dodged or blinded are not supposed to go on cooldown?

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @XxsdgxX.8109 said:

> > For Rev, reposting from another thread:

> >

> >

> > > @XxsdgxX.8109 said:

> > > > @Aenaos.8160 said:

> > > > Revenant is nicely balanced atm.

> > > > It's got it's powers,defensive and offensive,spread out,it has proper resource management.

> > > > It's a great class for PvP,and requires a brain to play.

> > > > This is how all classes should be.

> > > > it's just that all the other classes are so overpowered,and require so little skill to play optimally,that make Rev seem trash.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Agreed

> > >

> > > Yeah I'd say that Revenant is actually the most balanced class right now. Just because it actually takes brainpower to play, a high risk class with decent reward.

> > > However... in comparison to other classes it is actually pretty weak, but only when you put them side to side.

> > >

> > > So yeah Instead of buffing Revenant I'd instead _nerf_ everything else, but the problem is that the game is still full of overtuned specs... like, HoT and PoF included and who knows when will they do something about all that.

> > >

> > > Now, if the only way is to buff Revenants (which I'd rather not have that) then I'd ask for utility buffs or nerfs to be rolled back:

> > >

> > > **Enchanted Daggers** - Give them back the ability to not be wasted/consumed when you are blinded or if the target is blocking, immune.

> > >

> > > **Equilibrium** - Revert the damage nerf, it's actually a quite hard to use trait. _Invoking a legend triggers a burst that damages foes if your energy is above the threshold. (50+)_

> > >

> > > **Facet of Light** - The random patch it got its upkeep changed from -1 to -2 ... back to -1 energy

> > >

> > > **Precision Strike** - Give it back its damage, totally uncalled nerf that came along with the _Surge of the Mists_ -50% nerf (that staff 5 nerf alone was more than enough)

> > >

> > >

> > > The tricky ones, could be just one or two at a time:

> > >

> > > **Crystal Hibernation** - Give it back its full heal, it's absolutely not worth it right now unless it becomes a mobile block. Or give Envoy of Exuberance the ability to clear 2+ conditions. Although to be honest I'd rather not have that just to keep the theme of Revenant being weak to conditions still there.

> > > **Riposting Shadows** - Give it back its full endurance renewal on use, 50. Currently at 25.

> > >

> > > **Surge of the Mists** - Keep the WvW/PvE numbers. Which already have the double -15% damage nerfs which got it it to a pretty fair spot.

> > >

> > > **Phase Traversal** - Not necessarily a reversion to the first version but remove the CD from it or reduce the energy cost from 35 back to 20.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Lol. No, just no. Those skills were nerfed for a reason. Completely braindead damage values for what they did. 7k PS every 4 seconds. Surge evading, ccing, giving mobility and nuking on a 20 sec cd? What? Must-dodge UA + precision strike + weapon swap surge. People only have so many dodges man.

>

> Also the enchanted daggers bit made me laugh irl. Skills that are dodged or blinded are not supposed to go on cooldown?

>

>

Surge of the Mists should be unnerfed tbh. Or at least shouldn't have been nerfed this hard. It got a 50% reduction or something? It was the only heard hitting kill on the entire staff set, Anet went too far on that one.

Yes it was involved in a burst combo but to pull that off the rev had to have high energy, which means we had to chill for several seconds not doing much so we gave up pressure to use it later. It made the playstyle more complex and gave more options, not it's just "go autoattack with quickness, we nerfed all attack skills".

Oh, and my updated balance patch wishes, some are reposted:

*- Spellbreaker:

1.) Full Counter now to apply modest barrier instead of half second evade (base 1000ish)

2.) Revenge Counter's Resistance changed to 2 condition removal.

3.) Adrenal Health, Guard Counter's Protection, Revenge Counter's condition removal, now applied when hitting a foe instead of on activation of Full Counter.

4.) Featherfoot Grace's Resistance changed to remove all debilitating and movement impairing conditions (Vulnerability, Blind, Weakness, Chill, Cripple, Slow Immobilize).

5.) Lesser Balanced Stance (From Last Stand trait) is now lesser than the Balanced Stance utility, lasting 6 seconds base instead of 8. (Core Warror runs Cleansing Ire anyway)

*- Scourge:

1.) Mantle of Sand (Scourge Adept Minor) In addition to current effects of unlocking torch, punishment, shade skills, Mantle of Sand reduces the decay rate of barriers applied by the Scourge by 50%.

2.) Increased healing scaling of Barriers applied by Desert Shroud & Sand Cascade.

3.) Curses Path of Corruption trait made so each target can only be affected by this every 10 seconds. Synergy is bonkers insane with Nefarious Favor being a 6s corrupt which affects the whole field of play vs. 12s cd, single target Dark Path corrupt of Core Necromancer. Creating a downside for stacking Scourges using this mechanic is good as well.

4.) Dhuumfire changed to be more accurate to the description, only strikes from a Manifested Sand Shade (shroud skill 1) proc Dhuumfire, a Scourge cannot proc Dhuumfire in an AoE around him without the use of Sand Shades.

5.) Desert Shroud now always gives Barriers divided up on the 1st, 4th, and 7th ticks. (To proc multiple Abrasive Grit trait's condi removal & might.)

6.) Desert Empowerment trait also applying modest healing when a barrier is applied (300ish) in addition to it's current effects.

7.) Introduce barrier mechanic to Blood Magic, Adept Minor: "Mark Of Evasion" in addition to its current effects, mark of blood now applies barrier (500) to affected allies, Blood Magic users with Staff also cause barrier on allies present when Staff #2 activates

*- Firebrand: Support brought more in line with Tempest, it's best in slot by a good margin currently.

1.) Radiance Trait, Healer's Retribution - gives retaliation properly when you use a mantra heal charge. Currently borked to only give retal when you charge the mantra.

2.) Tome of Resolve Skill #1 - Chapter 1 - Desert Bloom: Healing reduced by 10%

3.) Tome of Resolve Skill #5 - Epilogue - Eternal Oasis: Outgoing healing boost on allies affected reduced from 33% to 25%, reduced conditions flipped from 5 to 4

4.) Tome of Courage Skill #5 - Epilogue - Unbroken lines - 300 Toughness duration increased from 5-8 seconds to match Resolve Tome, no longer grants stability.

*- Scrapper:

1.) Decisive Renown - Skill now has two internal CDs, one from reviving/stomping as is currently, but now one internal CD that activates this trait from using a healing skill, 15s CD.

2.) Impact Savant - The duration of all outgoing CC (Not just stuns and dazes) are increased, and the duration of all incoming CC is reduced. (Fear, Taunt, Knockdown, blowout.)

3.) Scrapper: Expert Examination - Disabling (not just stuns and dazes) a Foe applies vulnerability and weakens them.

4.) Completely unfounded Medic Gyro nerfs reverted, Reconstruction Field instant again, Medic Gyro instant again.

*- Renegade: needs buffs, omg.

1.) Make the Warband summons exactly like Sand Shades, un-targetable and un-attackable. No room for exceptions here, except possibly making them invulnerable if it's easier.

2.) Reduce the energy cost of Citadel Bombardment from 35 to 20, and increase the radius of each ordinance strike from 120 to 180 This ability IS the renegade class mechanic, it has a 3/4th second cast and takes two seconds to get the lead out, this ability should completely annihilate an immobile target, where currently the ordinances are spread very far apart and just randomly hit targets or not.

Less fleshed-out balance goals

*- Condition Rev buffs

*- Power Reaper buffs

*- Berserker buffs or nerf reversion

*- Soulbeast's Beast Mode ability buffs, Soulbeast Dagger buffs, Stance buffs.

*- Holosmith Sword rework & Exceed skill buffs.. ideally to create new unique sword/rifle 1v1 builds that can stand their ground. Backpack Regenerator reverted to pre-core spec patch where it could be taken over Low Health Elixir S for dueling/tanky builds.

*- Deadeye's Mark cast time reduced to 1/4s cast. Buffs to Cantrips.

*- Make it less troublesome for Weaver mightstacking, Weaver Sword 3rd chain auto attacks reduced in cast time.

*- Mirage's Elusive Mind now clears two conditions, but only doing so when successfully utilizing Elusive Mind's effect to break a disable.

I have been playing power Soulbeast almost exclusively since PoF, and although I can win against a bad Spellbreaker, that doesn't really mean much. I'm by no means a top-tier Ranger player, but I play at a decent skill level and thought I'd share my opinion. Some of the things that make them most frustrating for me are:

-Warrior's Sprint. They have so many ways of triggering this and with no ICD and high Stab uptime, kiting feels impossible. They make a joke out of even a well-timed Entangle, and although I could take LotP, they can just strip that too. The Wiki doesn't list it, but I'm pretty sure Aura Slicer and Breaching Strike trigger it too.

-High Resistance uptime further making a joke of things like Immobilize, Cripple, and especially Poison. A lot of warrior's sustain has to do with passive regen, and Poison helps keep that curbed a little. Well, it doesn't have much of an effect with all the Resistance they can get. This is partially because Resistance is a bit of a problematic boon. Perhaps what others have suggested about Resistance only affecting the damaging effects of conditions would be a good help.

-Last Stand. I think this one goes without saying.

-Full Counter. In my opinion, its radius is too large. Part of this has to do with me learning better pet management, but Full Counter still feels too punishing for its CD. I am not necessarily suggesting this, but I think it would personally make sense if Full Counter was a cone rather than a 360 degree AoE skill. When hearing Full Counter for the first time, I expected it to work more like GS 4 on Ranger, which actually has more counterplay involved. Ironically with the way its implemented, Full Counter, an apparently anti-magic skill for an apparently anti-magic spec, feels very magical to me. This is from a thematic standpoint now, but still, it just doesn't make sense that a skill from a purely physical class would work like this.

This is all from a 1v1 perspective. I feel like my only chance against warriors is to kite them to death, but with what I listed above, it makes doing so very hard. The little moments you're able to kite them don't allow for enough damage to actually pressure them enough. Honestly as a Soulbeast player I feel like without Unstoppable Union, it would be a hopeless matchup. I accept that part of this is due to skill, but at the moment Spellbreakers are too much of an uphill battle to call it balanced, in my experience.

Just my two cents.

(Oops, wrong post, but this still fits here I guess)

I wish to survive substantially longer than 1.5 seconds when attacked by a high-damage profession/specialization.

I would like to see this realized in the form of a general large base health and armor increase because I think damage is largely imbalanced in comparison to health/armor. Especially on professions with cloth armor.

I hope to get back to GW1 like survivability for my Elly.

PS: I'm already on Celestial. It did not help measurable in survivability while it hurts DPS.

> @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

> I wish to survive substantially longer than 1.5 seconds when attacked by a high-damage profession/specialization.

> I would like to see this realized in the form of a general large base health and armor increase because I think damage is largely imbalanced in comparison to health/armor. Especially on professions with cloth armor.

> I hope to get back to GW1 like survivability for my Elly.

Either you play Renegade or you can probably make a build switch to get some defenses.

> @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > > @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > > Holosmith

> > > - Increase CD on Holo Leap to 4 seconds

> > > - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse down to 1 Stack of Stability. Double the Barrier

> >

> > Oh honey...

> >

> > Holo leap is like our only gap closer in that melee mode, and 4 seconds would only allows us to use maybe twice in an entire barrage? Also, decreasing our (only) access to stability for a measly amount of barrier? Lul!

>

> I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.

> Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

>

> Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

The corona burst stability gives us a grand total of 2 stability, and that's if we trait for it (1 on the initial strike, 1 on the follow up explosion). That's the only stability holos get access to unless they're using juggernaut (which makes no sense). Our other stunbreaks don't provide stability. A melee class like holo w/o stability just gets knocked around like nobody's business. As it stands, corona burst is the **first** thing I have to pop when I enter forge, or I can expect to get knocked around while I'm trying to burst. Unless you're ready to nerf the absurd amount of CC in the game as well, the stability reduction is nonsensical.

And 1200 barrier is measly -- a single shot from most weapons will eliminate it, on top of its quick disappearance. Doubling that just means it might be an actually acceptable amount of barrier.

> @Sarathes.3810 said:

> On Holo Leap:

> I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

I'm ok with reducing the damage on holo leap, but not the CD. The problem is that unlike other melee classes, engineer doesn't have much in the way of "gap closers." Our utility movement skills are for escape, not distance closers (rocket boots would shoot us past the target, and superspeed is finicky). Holo leap is the only gap closer intended for that purpose, and its distance is not as impressive as it might seem -- it's a relatively slow leap.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > > > @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > > > Holosmith

> > > > - Increase CD on Holo Leap to 4 seconds

> > > > - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse down to 1 Stack of Stability. Double the Barrier

> > >

> > > Oh honey...

> > >

> > > Holo leap is like our only gap closer in that melee mode, and 4 seconds would only allows us to use maybe twice in an entire barrage? Also, decreasing our (only) access to stability for a measly amount of barrier? Lul!

> >

> > I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.

> > Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

> >

> > Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

>

> The corona burst stability gives us a grand total of 2 stability, and that's if we trait for it (1 on the initial strike, 1 on the follow up explosion). That's the only stability holos get access to unless they're using juggernaut (which makes no sense). Our other stunbreaks don't provide stability. A melee class like holo w/o stability just gets knocked around like nobody's business. As it stands, corona burst is the **first** thing I have to pop when I enter forge, or I can expect to get knocked around while I'm trying to burst. Unless you're ready to nerf the absurd amount of CC in the game as well, the stability reduction is nonsensical.

>

> And 1200 barrier is measly -- a single shot from most weapons will eliminate it, on top of its quick disappearance. Doubling that just means it might be an actually acceptable amount of barrier.

>

> > @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > On Holo Leap:

> > I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

>

> I'm ok with reducing the damage on holo leap, but not the CD. The problem is that unlike other melee classes, engineer doesn't have much in the way of "gap closers." Our utility movement skills are for escape, not distance closers (rocket boots would shoot us past the target, and superspeed is finicky). Holo leap is the only gap closer intended for that purpose, and its distance is not as impressive as it might seem -- it's a relatively slow leap.

>

>

Yeah but you have perma 2 stacks pretty much. You're pretty much immune to ccs in a 1v1.

Nerfs:

* Spellbreaker: FC/Last stand/resistance

* Scourge: corruption/cast time

* Holo: might stacking

* Firebrand: boon stacking/heal multiplier

* Mirage: condi burst (actually better than power burst lul)

Buffs:

* Soulbeast: traits/stances/beastmode pet swap

* Weaver: sword(slightly)

* Renegade: delete this and make a new elite

* Deadeye: fix the 12321312 bugs/mark cast time/cantrips/rifle rework

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> Nerfs:

> * Spellbreaker: FC/Last stand/resistance

> * Scourge: corruption/cast time

> * Holo: might stacking

> * Firebrand: boon stacking/heal multiplier

> * Mirage: condi burst (actually better than power burst lul)

>

> Buffs:

> * **Soulbeast: traits/stances/beastmode pet swap/pets/dagger/bugs/(pretty much everything except for dolyak stance)**

> * Weaver: sword(slightly)

> * Renegade: delete this and make a new elite

> * Deadeye: fix the 12321312 bugs/mark cast time/cantrips/rifle rework

>

>

>

>

Ftfy

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > Nerfs:

> > * Spellbreaker: FC/Last stand/resistance

> > * Scourge: corruption/cast time

> > * Holo: might stacking

> > * Firebrand: boon stacking/heal multiplier

> > * Mirage: condi burst (actually better than power burst lul)

> >

> > Buffs:

> > * **Soulbeast: traits/stances/beastmode pet swap/pets/dagger/bugs/(pretty much everything except for dolyak stance)**

> > * Weaver: sword(slightly)

> > * Renegade: delete this and make a new elite

> > * Deadeye: fix the 12321312 bugs/mark cast time/cantrips/rifle rework

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Ftfy

I agree traits are really bad but stances are alright, maybe some minor buffs or just a cd reduction will be fine.

Pets are also ok, they just need to fix gazelle AI. I'd love to see some changes on beastmode abilities because most of the pets on beastmode are useless.

Soulbeast is not that bad, of course if you are going to compare it against the overtuned HoT specs/spellbreaker scourge then yeah it's bad, but I feel it just needs some tweaks and a more rewarding beastmode.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > > > @Sarathes.3810 said:

> > > > > Holosmith

> > > > > - Increase CD on Holo Leap to 4 seconds

> > > > > - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse down to 1 Stack of Stability. Double the Barrier

> > > >

> > > > Oh honey...

> > > >

> > > > Holo leap is like our only gap closer in that melee mode, and 4 seconds would only allows us to use maybe twice in an entire barrage? Also, decreasing our (only) access to stability for a measly amount of barrier? Lul!

> > >

> > > I just think, that Stability shouldnt be so easily accessible than it is right now. I think a total of 2 Stacks Stability is enough. Atm Spellbreaker and good Holos are basically immune to CC. I just like to get some better Gameplay where interrupts and high CD CC Abilities actually matter instead of beeing borderline useless. One Stack instead of two makes it possible to hit some big CCs sometimes.

> > > Remember the days where you actually had to bait dogdes and Utilities that gave stability to set up your Dmg-Combos with a nice Stun or Knockdown? Stability Application shouldt be so easy and on such a low CD. I like it that you have to be scared of well timed CC instead of just not caring.

> > >

> > > Also 1200 Barrier without any Healingpower on a 6 sec CD? Its not super high, but its not measly if you are asking me. It wont make the trait useless. just less of an nobrainer of a pick.

> >

> > The corona burst stability gives us a grand total of 2 stability, and that's if we trait for it (1 on the initial strike, 1 on the follow up explosion). That's the only stability holos get access to unless they're using juggernaut (which makes no sense). Our other stunbreaks don't provide stability. A melee class like holo w/o stability just gets knocked around like nobody's business. As it stands, corona burst is the **first** thing I have to pop when I enter forge, or I can expect to get knocked around while I'm trying to burst. Unless you're ready to nerf the absurd amount of CC in the game as well, the stability reduction is nonsensical.

> >

> > And 1200 barrier is measly -- a single shot from most weapons will eliminate it, on top of its quick disappearance. Doubling that just means it might be an actually acceptable amount of barrier.

> >

> > > On Holo Leap:

> > > I find it quite ridicilous if you take the whole skill into account. HighDmg , 600 range Gapcloser, Swiftness for Allies, Leap Finisher and small AoE. You get that all (untraited!) on a 2 sec CD? Just think about that a moment and tell me its not Powercreep in its finest.

> >

> > I'm ok with reducing the damage on holo leap, but not the CD. The problem is that unlike other melee classes, engineer doesn't have much in the way of "gap closers." Our utility movement skills are for escape, not distance closers (rocket boots would shoot us past the target, and superspeed is finicky). Holo leap is the only gap closer intended for that purpose, and its distance is not as impressive as it might seem -- it's a relatively slow leap.

> >

> >

>

> Yeah but you have perma 2 stacks pretty much. You're pretty much immune to ccs in a 1v1.

Well here's what you get exactly, with 31% boon duration from surging runes and alchemy concentration trait, with each Corona Burst you get 3.5 seconds of having 1 stab stack, and 2.5 seconds of having 2 stab stacks.

With my Holo build I spam forge skills for around 12-15 seconds, getting 3 Corona Bursts, roughly 18 seconds of Stability if I start cold, because I run Enhanced Capacity Storage and use quickness to get the lead out. However, to get my heat back down to 0 I need to cool for 20 seconds. You can obviously enter the Forge again before you completely cool off, but you need to AT LEAST wait 10 seconds or you'll overheat before you can leave. 10 seconds of cooling only expels 25 heat, but 20 seconds of cooling expels 125 heat. Huge emphasis on waiting the 15-20 seconds to properly manage heat.

I think it's realistic to say there's about a 50% uptime of Stability for Holosmith, give or take, and if we consider these assumptions fair, roughly 21% overall uptime of 2 stability. So not quite perma 2 stability.