People are using Tag to Block Siren's Landing Shrine

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> Even if LFG is empty guesting different servers on character select screen can often result in putting you into different map. This whole thread is a non-issue. The author created the problem for himself. Commander wasn't probably aware that he's interrupting your game until you messaged him. Somehow, I don't believe that message was polite. If you just played instead of whining, this would have never happened. There is nothing to fix.

Actually, I've seen people do it deliberately. Whether the OP did or did not make the problem worse isn't the point; the question is only whether ANet is aware that this _can_ happen and, if so, how much time is it worth to them to do something about it. Theoretically, it might be 'cheap' to adjust, preventing this from becoming a more noticeable issue.

I've seen this behavior lately in bounty trains. One commander will lead but someone gets mad or salty for some reason and they put up their tag. The one with the other tag usually sits on the waypoint that the train needs and just sits there. Sometimes they will purposely follow the train to the next waypoint to disrupt the flow.

> @Jinroh.4251 said:

> I've seen this behavior lately in bounty trains. One commander will lead but someone gets mad or salty for some reason and they put up their tag. The one with the other tag usually sits on the waypoint that the train needs and just sits there. Sometimes they will purposely follow the train to the next waypoint to disrupt the flow.

You know... I got the solution... and a question.

Blocking someone.

Why is it after someone is blocked I can still see them and they see me? If someone is blocked, they should be removed from each other's view completely.

I've seen this being available in games over a decade ago. Blocking idiots and trolls and such and keeping them out of people's games would easily fix this problem.

The only ones that would be stuck in this situation are the ones not willing to block (or not knowing how to).

> @Jinroh.4251 said:

> I've seen this behavior lately in bounty trains. One commander will lead but someone gets mad or salty for some reason and they put up their tag. The one with the other tag usually sits on the waypoint that the train needs and just sits there. Sometimes they will purposely follow the train to the next waypoint to disrupt the flow.

You mean in PoF? Interesting (and a little sad). I didn't realize that use of WPs could be blocked.

What's wrong with some people in this thread?

What's with the "if you do this instead of doing this, you'd be there already" ? You guys are saying as if the airport service was down and flight delayed for 5 days, you should have swim or ride a boat over to the next country instead of waiting for 5 days, you'd be there already.

Please.

This is a post that constructively tells us and anet that there is currently such issue of inconvenience that people could exploit to further inconvenience the people in the future. This is so that changes will be made so this issue will not happen again.

> @Alchofas.8243 said:

> What's wrong with some people in this thread?

>

> What's with the "if you do this instead of doing this, you'd be there already" ? You guys are saying as if the airport service was down and flight delayed for 5 days, you should have swim or ride a boat over to the next country instead of waiting for 5 days, you'd be there already.

>

> Please.

>

> This is a post that constructively tells us and anet that there is currently such issue of inconvenience that people could exploit to further inconvenience the people in the future. This is so that changes will be made so this issue will not happen again.

This is not about delaying airport for 5 days. This is about someone not being able to use WP. I think the scale and consequences for both cases are to big to compare them.

So I finally been to Siren's Landing for the 1st time yesterday and I can see if let's say multiple trolls block the teleporters, then I would have an issue.

IF for some reason a troll let's say covered up Balthazars... I don't see the problem in just going to Lyssa and heading East as it wouldn't take too long to get there with Mounts.

Might take a min or 2, but not too bad.

Don't think there's a report option for this type of action, so I guess your best bet might be to make a support ticket if it hampers with your gameplay?

I don't know. Like I said, only been there since yesterday so I don't know too much.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> So I finally been to Siren's Landing for the 1st time yesterday and I can see if let's say multiple trolls block the teleporters, then I would have an issue.

> IF for some reason a troll let's say covered up Balthazars... I don't see the problem in just going to Lyssa and heading East as it wouldn't take too long to get there with Mounts.

> Might take a min or 2, but not too bad.

>

> Don't think there's a report option for this type of action, so I guess your best bet might be to make a support ticket if it hampers with your gameplay?

> I don't know. Like I said, only been there since yesterday so I don't know too much.

You know the gathering essence event could take less than 1 min to finish and the event usually start all together right? This is why ppl use pearl to unlock shrines.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @Alchofas.8243 said:

> > What's wrong with some people in this thread?

> >

> > What's with the "if you do this instead of doing this, you'd be there already" ? You guys are saying as if the airport service was down and flight delayed for 5 days, you should have swim or ride a boat over to the next country instead of waiting for 5 days, you'd be there already.

> >

> > Please.

> >

> > This is a post that constructively tells us and anet that there is currently such issue of inconvenience that people could exploit to further inconvenience the people in the future. This is so that changes will be made so this issue will not happen again.

>

> This is not about delaying airport for 5 days. This is about someone not being able to use WP. I think the scale and consequences for both cases are to big to compare them.

This does trouble ppl a lot because the shrine restoration event took little to complete and you need to do all of them to get the full reward.

> @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Alchofas.8243 said:

> > > What's wrong with some people in this thread?

> > >

> > > What's with the "if you do this instead of doing this, you'd be there already" ? You guys are saying as if the airport service was down and flight delayed for 5 days, you should have swim or ride a boat over to the next country instead of waiting for 5 days, you'd be there already.

> > >

> > > Please.

> > >

> > > This is a post that constructively tells us and anet that there is currently such issue of inconvenience that people could exploit to further inconvenience the people in the future. This is so that changes will be made so this issue will not happen again.

> >

> > This is not about delaying airport for 5 days. This is about someone not being able to use WP. I think the scale and consequences for both cases are to big to compare them.

>

> This does trouble ppl a lot because the shrine restoration event took little to complete and you need to do all of them to get the full reward.

I would like to point out that this thread promotes such behaviour and may encourage more trolls to act like this.

> Don't think there's a report option for this type of action

It's there. I think it's the "I'm bumhurt" option under "Gameplay." Seriously though (about a not-serious issue) -- 1) the game isn't broken, 2) you can still get to the area (you just can't get there as fast as you'd like), and 3) it's just a game. I don't even know what the support staff would to do resolve this issue. He's not doing anything wrong -- the UI is just working against you.

Maybe that should be your complaint in the suggestion form -- Commander tags overlay on the Map UI elements. A resolution could be to swap the layers but then commanders teleporting to a new WP wouldn't be seen unless they move. On second thought, yea, I'm back to this being a non-issue.

> @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > Don't think there's a report option for this type of action

> It's there. I think it's the "I'm kitten" option under "Gameplay." Seriously though (about a not-serious issue) -- 1) the game isn't broken, 2) you can still get to the area (you just can't get there as fast as you'd like), and 3) it's just a game. I don't even know what the support staff would to do resolve this issue. He's not doing anything wrong -- the UI is just working against you.

>

> Maybe that should be your complaint in the suggestion form -- Commander tags overlay on the Map UI elements. A resolution could be to swap the layers but then commanders teleporting to a new WP wouldn't be seen unless they move. On second thought, yea, I'm back to this being a non-issue.

>

>

This area's event is designed to let people travel quickly around so they could finish the 4 shrines at once. With ppl blocking it, it cost much more effort to finish the daily or get full reward. This is annoying and harming other people's way of playing. Why shouldn't it be pointed out and fixed?

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > So I finally been to Siren's Landing for the 1st time yesterday and I can see if let's say multiple trolls block the teleporters, then I would have an issue.

> > IF for some reason a troll let's say covered up Balthazars... I don't see the problem in just going to Lyssa and heading East as it wouldn't take too long to get there with Mounts.

> > Might take a min or 2, but not too bad.

> >

> > Don't think there's a report option for this type of action, so I guess your best bet might be to make a support ticket if it hampers with your gameplay?

> > I don't know. Like I said, only been there since yesterday so I don't know too much.

>

> You know the gathering essence event could take less than 1 min to finish and the event usually start all together right? This is why ppl use pearl to unlock shrines.

Not saying it's right, but it's one of the reasons I don't want to miss a chance on certain events I tend to usually wait in that area until certain events I'm waiting on pop up.

Not the best solution obviously, but unless/until there's a fix to this to make the teleporters a higher priority than the tags or somehow a way to report it... I will say there's no other way.

> @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> Because you said it yourself -- it takes you more effort to finish your daily. You can still finish your daily though... you just don't want to put the effort into it. Instead, you'd rather some support staff (who is busy handling real issues) to address this non-issue because you're being lazy.

This isn't the effort it required, it's due to ppl's trolling.

It's like if ppl could block the WP and let you run all the way there, or keep kick you out of the teq instance to let you fail the battery phase to make the fight much harder.

More than being lazy, siren's landing has a bad concept though it's a nice map.

1. Events near free WP every 40/45 mins

2. Allows players to tag and then move to the others ( this is a bad gw2 concept instead ).

That said is more beingh smart than being lazy ( you could also stay afk at 1 shrine and gather chests for free every X minutes if you only would ).

> Not saying it's right, but it's one of the reasons I don't want to miss a chance on certain events I tend to usually wait in that area until certain events I'm waiting on pop up.

> Not the best solution obviously, but unless/until there's a fix to this to make the teleporters a higher priority than the tags or somehow a way to report it... I will say there's no other way.

I post it to ask for the fix and possible way to report such behavior, it's totally reasonable and I can't believe some ppl are against it.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> More than being lazy, siren's landing has a bad concept though it's a nice map.

>

> 1. Events near free WP every 40/45 mins

> 2. Allows players to tag and then move to the others ( this is a bad gw2 concept instead ).

>

> That said is more beingh smart than being lazy ( you could also stay afk at 1 shrine and gather chests for free every X minutes if you only would ).

>

Weren't you one of the ones about the dead upscaling crap in the other topic?

You do know the more people near let's say a gathering/contribution area, the longer those events go on.

I rather people contribute like 2 or 3 items and leave to get the credit and just let the few others that stay behind finish it off. Better/quicker that way.

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > More than being lazy, siren's landing has a bad concept though it's a nice map.

> >

> > 1. Events near free WP every 40/45 mins

> > 2. Allows players to tag and then move to the others ( this is a bad gw2 concept instead ).

> >

> > That said is more beingh smart than being lazy ( you could also stay afk at 1 shrine and gather chests for free every X minutes if you only would ).

> >

>

> Weren't you one of the ones about the dead upscaling crap in the other topic?

> You do know the more people near let's say a gathering/contribution area, the longer those events go on.

> I rather people contribute like 2 or 3 items and leave to get the credit and just let the few others that stay behind finish it off. Better/quicker that way.

Are you asking me instead of checking before make an assumption?

Here's my reply ( the last one in the thread ).

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13904/a-dont-waypoint-when-dead-fee/p6

Here i am just saying ( as i always did though i like the map iteself ) that it's a tricky map which allows player to gain without doing anything.

That's why is full of pet users afk near wps and other stuff.

But since it's allowed ( there were many discussions about ) to play that way, wouldn't be smart not to do it.

> > @Samnang.1879 said:

> > go to a diff shrine and walk there... i mean this is such a 1st world prob

>

> Then it's very easy to miss out the shrine event, the daily requires you to finish the collection event, the champion one doesn't count.

i see. well i hope anet fix this issue, and also fix the spawning npc merchants on chests/interactable items.

The whole point of those shrines is to allow quick travel and you actually have to pay to unlock them. Whenever people can do something that removes for other players the one aspect of a feature that's the entire point, something isn't right. I find it quite astonishing that people would argue against the need to fix this.