100 gp to get one poi? Really?

I've gotten all the exploration stuff in all 5 zones of the Crystal Desert...except one poi. It would seem that one is inside a mission that I cannot enter...even as part of a squad...because my guild hasn't paid to claim it. So I went to Lion's Arch to do so, but the guy wants 100gp to claim it!!! **_WTF???_** So if I want this poi, I have to cough up 100gp? Someone please tell me I'm missing something. Please.

FTR, the poi is in Purling Deep in the Domain of Vabbi.

Just to kindly remind everybody about Wiki. It is so easy to type name of the location in search field, click enter, and get all required information. See extract of the page concerning Lair of Zommoros:

*quote*

Getting there:

Head north from The Promenade in the Garden of Seborhin. The entrance is through a crack in the mountain. Leaning against the wall near the entrance to the vault is enough to unlock the Point of Interest. To get inside, it's required that at least 3 players stand near Explorer Flynn when the Event shield (tango icon).png [Group Event] Assist Explorer Flynn through the djinn's cave and help him recover djinn artifacts (80) event starts.

*unquote*

@ OP, next time, give a try to Wiki. This is really a good support, especially for info about how to reach locations. I keep using Wiki almost on a daily basis. I also use Dulfy a lot for info about achievements. I really like those two sites.

> @Graymalkyn.8076 said:

> I've gotten all the exploration stuff in all 5 zones of the Crystal Desert...except one poi. It would seem that one is inside a mission that I cannot enter...even as part of a squad...because my guild hasn't paid to claim it. So I went to Lion's Arch to do so, but the guy wants 100gp to claim it!!! **_WTF???_** So if I want this poi, I have to cough up 100gp? Someone please tell me I'm missing something. Please.

>

> FTR, the poi is in Purling Deep in the Domain of Vabbi.

I love how you say gp. You must be oldskool rpger.

> @Mea.5491 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > Gold pieces.

> >

> > All super geezer old rpgs on computer I know used that, or cp. I think it's a dungeons and dragons thing.

>

> Ah, thanks for the info! My first thought was "maybe it means gold points" lol.

Anytime! I need post like these to make me look good after I make belligerent posts in PvP section ;)

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Mea.5491 said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > I love how you say gp. You must be oldskool rpger.

> >

> > And I'm sitting here wondering what gp means, lol.

>

> Gold pieces.

>

> All super geezer old rpgs on computer I know used that, or cp. I think it's a dungeons and dragons thing.

Don't worry, there are still some of us old school gamers alive to know what you meant.. Dungeons @ Dragons.. the mother of all that is role play, now where is my D20... AAACCK cant find them!. Oh well guess I will just have make my humour check the modern way../roll D20 ... FAILED AGAIN! :(

> @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > > @Mea.5491 said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > I love how you say gp. You must be oldskool rpger.

> > >

> > > And I'm sitting here wondering what gp means, lol.

> >

> > Gold pieces.

> >

> > All super geezer old rpgs on computer I know used that, or cp. I think it's a dungeons and dragons thing.

>

> Don't worry, there are still some of us old school gamers alive to know what you meant.. Dungeons @ Dragons.. the mother of all that is role play, now where is my D20... AAACCK cant find them!. Oh well guess I will just have make my humour check the modern way../roll D20 ... FAILED AGAIN! :(

I have been into D&D since I was 13 none of my friends knew what it was. In high school all my friends were jocks, no one to talk to about fantasy stuff.

I am 32 now amd have never actually played Dungeons and dragons, despite owning a pile of source material, beastiaries, character creation sheets, and miniatures.

Is it too late to find people? Where do these people hang out?

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > @Mea.5491 said:

> > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > I love how you say gp. You must be oldskool rpger.

> > > >

> > > > And I'm sitting here wondering what gp means, lol.

> > >

> > > Gold pieces.

> > >

> > > All super geezer old rpgs on computer I know used that, or cp. I think it's a dungeons and dragons thing.

> >

> > Don't worry, there are still some of us old school gamers alive to know what you meant.. Dungeons @ Dragons.. the mother of all that is role play, now where is my D20... AAACCK cant find them!. Oh well guess I will just have make my humour check the modern way../roll D20 ... FAILED AGAIN! :(

>

> I have been into D&D since I was 13 none of my friends knew what it was. In high school all my friends were jocks, no one to talk to about fantasy stuff.

>

> I am 32 now amd have never actually played Dungeons and dragons, despite owning a pile of source material, beastiaries, character creation sheets, and miniatures.

>

> Is it too late to find people? Where do these people hang out?

https://geekandsundry.com/finding-a-dd-group-how-do-you-want-to-do-this/

Google is your friend. ;)

> @IndigoSundown.5419 said:

> > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > @Mea.5491 said:

> > > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > > I love how you say gp. You must be oldskool rpger.

> > > > >

> > > > > And I'm sitting here wondering what gp means, lol.

> > > >

> > > > Gold pieces.

> > > >

> > > > All super geezer old rpgs on computer I know used that, or cp. I think it's a dungeons and dragons thing.

> > >

> > > Don't worry, there are still some of us old school gamers alive to know what you meant.. Dungeons @ Dragons.. the mother of all that is role play, now where is my D20... AAACCK cant find them!. Oh well guess I will just have make my humour check the modern way../roll D20 ... FAILED AGAIN! :(

> >

> > I have been into D&D since I was 13 none of my friends knew what it was. In high school all my friends were jocks, no one to talk to about fantasy stuff.

> >

> > I am 32 now amd have never actually played Dungeons and dragons, despite owning a pile of source material, beastiaries, character creation sheets, and miniatures.

> >

> > Is it too late to find people? Where do these people hang out?

>

> https://geekandsundry.com/finding-a-dd-group-how-do-you-want-to-do-this/

>

> Google is your friend. ;)

Hahah thanks man!

nostalgia.. luv it.

I just dusted out my old monster manual and dungeon masters guide :)

I started played it when I was about 12-13 as well.. and have been a DDO player since early Beta in UK then switched to US when Turbine shut the UK lights off. GW1 and DDO were my game fix for many years, too many to mention. But when GW2 went into Beta my DDO days dwindled... which after 12 years playing meant GW2 had a hook which snared me and has done ever since.