Give Rush the same treatment as Ride the lightning

xDudisx.5914

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Instead of a fixed 20s cd. Make it 30s, but half of it (15s cd) when it hits a target.

>

> This keeps the weapon mobility for fighting and reduces the run away like a chicken mentality.

Some insane Salt present here.

Anyway, You are a few years late, Warrior is no more the mobile guy.

The new chicken is Mirage, Impossible to catch even for thieves, on top of stealth and instant cast skills.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Instead of a fixed 20s cd. Make it 30s, but half of it (15s cd) when it hits a target.

>

> This keeps the weapon mobility for fighting and reduces the run away like a chicken mentality.

same goes for DH f1 f2 thanks, f2 sure hit enemy to have same cooldown as well

i would gladly take any nerf even delete gs as a whole, as long as you gut DH, the most cheese build HoT ever created

Lol no. The biggest issue of Rush is that it does not hit targets more than 50% of the time because justANETthings. It is great for mobility (also engage and disengage) and it can be avoided very easily (by even standing still ... ). Did you get oneshotted from Rush in WvW/PvP or what?

EDIT: for the run away part: lol, just lol...

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > Instead of a fixed 20s cd. Make it 30s, but half of it (15s cd) when it hits a target.

> >

> > This keeps the weapon mobility for fighting and reduces the run away like a chicken mentality.

>

> same goes for DH f1 f2 thanks, f2 sure hit enemy to have same cooldown as well

> i would gladly take any nerf even delete gs as a whole, as long as you gut DH, the most cheese build HoT ever created

Yes, the idea is to make all long movement skills have less CD when hitting the target. Rush was just the first example that came to my mind. They should also apply to DH.

> @cryorion.9532 said:

> Lol no. The biggest issue of Rush is that it does not hit targets more than 50% of the time because justANETthings. It is great for mobility (also engage and disengage) and it can be avoided very easily (by even standing still ... ). Did you get oneshotted from Rush in WvW/PvP or what?

> EDIT: for the run away part: lol, just lol...

I have no problem fighting any warrior. It is just a suggestion to make long movement skills have a shorter CD when using to close gaps and longer CD when using to run away. I picked rush because was the first skill that came to my mind that works pretty much as lightning flash.

@xDudisx.5914

Again, you'll have to make it capable of hitting targets reliably before making the skill's value contingent on landing a hit.

Anet's tried to do this a couple of times, but nothing's really stuck. I've followed a target before, used Rush, the target kept running in the same direction without changing course or speed, and my toon ran *past* him, then swung at the air. I've also used it on a target about 300 away and my toon ran *away* from the target, then swung in the air. The skill is just too unreliable at hitting targets to make the change you want.

Also, warrior's about middle of the pack for mobility. Maybe slightly higher than middle, but most classes don't have too much trouble keeping up with the warrior unless the warrior is deliberately playing hit and run. Even then, it's still catchable for a lot of builds.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Well if hitting is a problem they could make it have 15s CD with a target and 30s CD without a target.

I'm not personally opposed to that, but it may not be possible and it may make your problem a little worse (e.g. rushing to ambients, etc).

But I understand the frustration.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Well if hitting is a problem they could make it have 15s CD with a target and 30s CD without a target.

>

>

Ok same treatment, i got it.

Ele got 20 weapon skills + 4 attunment skills, war got 10 + 2 burst skills, so rush follow ride the lightening treatment, just reduce the cd to 10 when hitting a target, keep the current cd if it hit nothing.

End of story