Guild Wars 2 - The Complete Season 1 Movie

DreamyAbaddon.3265

**An (Enhanced Edition) of Guild Wars 2 The Complete Season 1 Movie with all the cutscenes, dialogues, and lore narrations for all who have missed it and want to continue playing with season 2 in mind.** **I could not have made this movie without the footage from the original content creators. Please check out the movie credits and support original content creators and their channels.**

**Credits Start @ 03:17:10**

Enjoy!

If you feel like donating to me directly for my time putting this movie together you can check out my patreon here:

https://www.patreon.com/DreamyAbaddon

Enhanced Edition adds new Soundtracks to some scenes and polished transitions to some scenes.

**(Sound Tracks added:)**

Scene 12:51 - New Soundtrack added

Scene 22:02 - New Soundtrack added

Scene 32:11 - New Soundtrack added

Scene 01:13:15 - New Soundtrack added

Scene 01:15:05 - New Soundtrack added

Scene 01:52:44 - New Soundtrack added

Scene 02:39:52 - Three New Soundtracks

Scene 02:47:52 - New Soundtrack added

**(Scene Adjustments:)**

Swapped Chapter 7 & 8 for better continuity for storytelling.

**(Audio Adjustments:)**

Chapter 10 music value was slightly raised.

Great work there. Thanks a lot.

Sad ArenaNet themselves didn't make a decent recap of everything.

> @castlemanic.3198 said:

> I'm glad this was brought over from the previous forums, hopefully a mod or dev can sticky this because this is too useful to let it slide to the forum's abyss.

>

> I just wish it was playable in some way, new players feel alienated because they have no idea how important season 1 is to what happens after Zhaitans death.

The temporary nature of LW1 was the biggest mistake they made. The game would be much more successful nowadays hadn't they decided removing content was a good idea.

> @Lonami.2987 said:

> The temporary nature of LW1 was the biggest mistake they made. The game would be much more successful nowadays hadn't they decided removing content was a good idea.

i'm not sure about how much more successful if it was replayable, but it would have had a definite increase in the ability of newer players to understand what is going on (because they could experience first hand and understand it in their own way instead of the very flimsy character who improperly describes the impact of scarlet upon the world).

There's also a strong hint of hindsight is 20/20 regarding this aspect, as at the time i personally thought it would be amazing to see the world change, but ultimately the lack of replayability (and the way i missed out on some releases as well) changed that opinion.

It should definitely be a priority for Anet to, at some point, make season 1 replayable, not only for veterans but especially for new players (who would continue on to purchase living world seasons and expansions to see where the story goes hopefully).

there's too much info lost to make a cohesive narrative jump between the end of the personal story and the beginning of season 2.

Thank you for reposting this here. It's a lovely video, very well done and I very much enjoyed watching it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to experience most of the events between PS to LS2. I especially liked the introduction to each of the LS2 characters, which I hadn't seen beforehand.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Thank you for porting this fine work to the new forums, DreamyAbaddon!

>

> It's a very valuable asset, and I'm glad you made a post about it.

=) It's good thing I can edit my post whenever I want so that I could update the video link if I upload a newer improved edit. I'm kind of a perfectionist. lol

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Thank you for porting this fine work to the new forums, DreamyAbaddon!

>

> It's a very valuable asset, and I'm glad you made a post about it.

A more valuable asset would all that lost content be, if it would become reintegrated back into the game, cause then we wouldn't need this here...

What a Game is a game, where you need to look its content outside of the Game in a Forum, instead of watching and playing that Content actualy in the Game.

Just saying.

Awww and i watched it just like a week ago...

> @DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:

> I was there during season 1 but I didn't get into the story until much later. That's why I made this movie. I wanted a coherent story experience..

Same. It was quite a blur at that time. This video is great for refreshing memory. Something like i just finished re-playing season 2 for second time and this time solo. First time was years ago with my friend and it was a blur too then. Now i could finally understand what's really going on and why things are they way they are now.

> @castlemanic.3198 said:

> > @Lonami.2987 said:

> > The temporary nature of LW1 was the biggest mistake they made. The game would be much more successful nowadays hadn't they decided removing content was a good idea.

>

> i'm not sure about how much more successful if it was replayable, but it would have had a definite increase in the ability of newer players to understand what is going on (because they could experience first hand and understand it in their own way instead of the very flimsy character who improperly describes the impact of scarlet upon the world).

>

> There's also a strong hint of hindsight is 20/20 regarding this aspect, as at the time i personally thought it would be amazing to see the world change, but ultimately the lack of replayability (and the way i missed out on some releases as well) changed that opinion.

>

> It should definitely be a priority for Anet to, at some point, make season 1 replayable, not only for veterans but especially for new players (who would continue on to purchase living world seasons and expansions to see where the story goes hopefully).

>

> there's too much info lost to make a cohesive narrative jump between the end of the personal story and the beginning of season 2.

Nice comments, I agree. I also wish that Gaile would sticky it.

It's always bittersweet to see the world change when new players won't be able to experience the events leading up to it. On the other hand, it's interesting to me personally to see these results from LW1 and wonder exactly how they happened since I wasn't here during that time. Leaves a bit of mystery in the mix.

Granted, I could just watch this movie and learn, but I kind of enjoy learning piece-by-piece from the characters and environment. Having played the remaining seasons, I've got a decent idea of the whole story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...