Thoughts on Nov. 7 profession changes?

mes.4607

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical balance patch.

I don't see how this will change anything.

The op classes remain op,and already powerful classes got more buffs.

Enjoy one more season of one shots and crazy spam.

Go go GW2 PvP!Better than ...errr...well give me some time,I'll think of something.

P.S Epic Renegade buffs,gg the class is now OP. :bleep_bloop:

> @mrauls.6519 said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > Warrior: good.

> >

> > DP thief: deleted

> >

> > Everything else: literally nothing.

>

> How was DP thief deleted?

Anet did the daring move of nerfing their main trait in Daredevil.

Unhindering Combatant.

Now thieves won't sit there and jam there thumb on the Dodge key, now they are just like everyone else ;3

Gotta deal with the fact they won't pump themselves up with endurance and actually have to think when they Dodge now.

Not happy. I don't know how hard it is to nerf the right things but it makes me angry to see them repeatedly miss the mark.

* Unhindered combatant needed changes, but that is a counter-intuitive mechanic. The only one that behaves like that in the entirety of gw2. Wouldn't it be easier to just add an ICD for the condi removal part? Why go out of your way to do this? It's the opposite of a lazy fix, it's going out of your way to implement a completely new system that could be fixed just by adding a 5 second ICD for the condi removal part.

* Holosmith received buffs across the board. LMFAO.

* Warrior has reduced uptime in stability, and about the same on resistance (little less perhaps). Also FC cooldown nerfs. I think they'll be balanced.

* Reaper was overbuffed. There's a difference between increasing the damage by 30% for one skill and doing it for EVERY SINGLE SHROUD SKILL, including autoattacks. Executioner Scythe already could pull off upwards of 8k damage, now it's gonna get just stupid.

* Scourge received... no nerfs? Am I seeing this right?

* Mirage had bug fixes and that's it. Expect this class to dominate pvp.

* Firebrand seems to have been buffed? At least scourge was kept overtuned to keep these immortal bunkers in check. That's good right?

* I don't care about ranger or revenant.

* Elementalist only received autoattack buffs on sword and a couple of worthless conjure changes that nobody cares about. I'll take it though over shatterstone buffs and random nerfs.

Overall happy with this patch, kinda sad my Rev took some hits now my Power Rev build is a lot less consistent but will require testing before I say Power Rev is completely dead yet, but my old build is for sure.

The War Nerfs seem good, glad Weaver Sword got some live but idk if just pure damage increases are what it needed, I’m indifferent on the Holosmith and Soulbeast changes.

With the buffs to Reaper and Nerf to Daredevil a certain someone(s) will stop the Woe is Reaper and Nerf Daredevil posts in almost all threads, it probably won’t though based on history.

> @mrauls.6519 said:

> How was DP thief deleted?

It wasn't, but people love their hyperbole. Dash got the most puzzling nerf:

_"Unhindered Combatant: Breaking inhibiting conditions with this trait now causes the thief to lose all endurance regeneration for 4 seconds. Direct endurance gains will still apply the full amount. Swiftness granted by this trait will now occur at the end of the dodge."_

Tried this shit in-game, it's bonkers : everyone and their mothers have chill, immo and cripple that they can spam with their eyes closed. So basically, if you are in a fight, it's pretty much half of the time no endurance recharge. I do not know if it stacks.

My overall feel is pretty much "this is so bizarre". I can see the reasons behind, but then I just wonder at the methodology. E.g. dash thief, why not reduce the distance traveled or remove the impairing condition cleanse from the trait? This is so much worse than other options, in my opinion. Take holo, mirage and spellbreaker notes, these range from meaningless over the top buffs, to ???, to abysmal nerfs.

Have fun in this season.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> * Holosmith received buffs across the board. LMFAO.

> * Reaper was overbuffed. There's a difference between increasing the damage by 30% for one skill and doing it for EVERY SINGLE SHROUD SKILL, including autoattacks. Executioner Scythe already could pull off upwards of 8k damage, now it's gonna get just stupid.

> * Scourge received... no nerfs? Am I seeing this right?

> * Firebrand seems to have been buffed? At least scourge was kept overtuned to keep these immortal bunkers in check. That's good right?

I really don't understand why Firebrand got buffed...like wtf...they were imo already high tier.

Reaper didn't get over buffed, it is no where as good as it sounds.

Scourge got PvE buffed for obvious reasons, no idea if they are good enough to put it in raid meta yet though. But at the moment, scourge doesn't need more PvP nerfs. It does still melt people if they are being stupid, but countering them is easy af right now.

BUT because FB got buffed the way it did, Scourge is gonna be really good. Running into FB+Scourge is gonna be a nightmare.

> I really don't understand why Firebrand got buffed...like kitten...they were imo already high tier.

What buff? Main fb exlusive mechanic - quickfire - was halved. Quickness application seems nerfed. Mantras were improved but it's still clunkfest. Nothing else touched from core or HoT spec. What buffs cus I don't see them, please explain.

> @Ysmir.4986 said:

> > @mrauls.6519 said:

> > How was DP thief deleted?

>

> It wasn't, but people love their hyperbole. Dash got the most puzzling nerf:

> _"Unhindered Combatant: Breaking inhibiting conditions with this trait now causes the thief to lose all endurance regeneration for 4 seconds. Direct endurance gains will still apply the full amount. Swiftness granted by this trait will now occur at the end of the dodge."_

> Tried this kitten in-game, it's bonkers : everyone and their mothers have chill, immo and cripple that they can spam with their eyes closed. So basically, if you are in a fight, it's pretty much half of the time no endurance recharge. I do not know if it stacks.

>

> My overall feel is pretty much "this is so bizarre". I can see the reasons behind, but then I just wonder at the methodology. E.g. dash thief, why not reduce the distance traveled or remove the impairing condition cleanse from the trait? This is so much worse than other options, in my opinion. Take holo, mirage and spellbreaker notes, these range from meaningless over the top buffs, to ???, to abysmal nerfs.

>

> Have fun in this season.

It really is terrible. Say you get crippled by a random necro axe 3 proc that wasn't even targeting you, then you dodge a pewpew thief unload on you. What this means is that you have no endurance regen for the next 4 seconds, EVEN if your intention was not to remove the cripple with your dodge. People can even throw soft CC abilities to intentionally deprive the thief from any endurance regen. S/d can just spam dancing daggers on them, I will be sure to chill them as an ele every 4 seconds if possible.

Words fail to explain the reasoning behind this change.

POWA REAPA BUFFS

YEEESSSSSS

I'm also pleasantly surprised that Anet had the balls to nerf Unhindered Combant. Guess d/p thief isn't immune to nerfs after all.

> @Shampanix.3928 said:

> > I really don't understand why Firebrand got buffed...like kitten...they were imo already high tier.

>

> What buff? Main fb exlusive mechanic - quickfire - was halved. Quickness application seems nerfed. Mantras were improved but it's still clunkfest. Nothing else touched from core or HoT spec. What buffs cus I don't see them, please explain.

Because Support Firebrand is nigh unkillable for anything not a scourge?

The nerfs to quickfire and quickness mean nothing because that's not what bunker firebrand runes anyways.