Thoughts on Nov. 7 profession changes?

mes.4607

I'd give it a D

Problems with it:

* Nerfed Revenant, despite Revenant already being mediocre

* Didn't nerf Revenge Counter, which is more of a problem than Full Counter and on top of that nerfed base warrior's resistance potential. Now more than before you need to bring Revenge Counter and Spellbreaker if you're playing warrior in PvP. Nerfing Revenge counter (-1s Resistance and removing Condition Copy) instead of doing what they did (except keeping the CD increase to Full Counter) would do a lot more for balance since it wouldn't have nerfed core warrior to hell, and Spellbreaker wouldn't dominate the PvP scene while not being totally broken.

* Scourge's main two problems weren't smoothed out. (Nefarious Fervor's tiny CD and the Sand Savant still lets the necro have 3 charges of shade, so the shade cannot be kited)

* Soulbeast dagger is still the worst weapon in the game.

* Mirage was buffed despite being strong.

* The things they did with ele that change literally nothing but there are a lot of them, and they spent time and energy making them that they could've spent fixing broken things like ele's dependance on water magic, or doing a sick dunk because then they'd have something to be actually proud of.

The reason it's not an F:

* Spellbreaker won't be dominating PvP now

* deadeye got some fixes

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Hooglese.4860 said:

> I'd give it a D

>

> Problems with it:

> * Nerfed Revenant, despite Revenant already being mediocre

> * Didn't nerf Revenge Counter, which is more of a problem than Full Counter and on top of that nerfed base warrior's resistance potential. Now more than before you need to bring Revenge Counter and Spellbreaker if you're playing warrior in PvP. Nerfing Revenge counter (-1s Resistance and removing Condition Copy) instead of doing what they did (except keeping the CD increase to Full Counter) would do a lot more for balance since it wouldn't have nerfed core warrior to hell, and Spellbreaker wouldn't dominate the PvP scene while not being totally broken.

> * Scourge's main two problems weren't smoothed out. (Nefarious Fervor's tiny CD and the Sand Savant still lets the necro have 3 charges of shade, so the shade cannot be kited)

> * Soulbeast dagger is still the worst weapon in the game.

> * Mirage was buffed despite being strong.

> * The things they did with ele that change literally nothing but there are a lot of them, and they spent time and energy making them that they could've spent fixing broken things like ele's dependance on water magic, or doing a sick dunk because then they'd have something to be actually proud of.

>

> The reason it's not an F:

> * Spellbreaker won't be dominating PvP now

> * deadeye got some fixes

Uhm Revenge Counter was nerfed on top of the Full Counter Nerfs....

>Revenge Counter: Reduced the number of conditions transferred from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW only.

I wish that ben would show up during patches to explain to us in depth the reasoning behind their changes, what they expect to happen, and what they are looking out for.

I'm not uncomfortable with the patch but the lack of information regarding what their intentions are is what makes me weary.

> @ArthurDent.9538 said:

> > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > I'm actually thinking herald might make it back into the meta. We can 1v1 firebrand, or at least the couple I've encountered since patch. Maybe it wasn't the buffs, but lucky to fight bad fb. Time will tell.

> >

> > But I do feel Herald is stronger now than it was yesterday in this new meta.

>

> We could always 1v1 bunk firebrands, it just takes a long time to whittle them down through the constant healing. The problem is they are always in team fights right next to a scourge which will tear you to shreds without your own bunker firebrand but rev + firebrand is still a decisively losing match-up against scourge + firebrand.

If a firebrand is being killed by anyone 1 v 1 by anyone but scourge, that firebrand is a total noob, and very very very bad player.

> @Alatar.7364 said:

> I am a long time Anet Apologist, but this....

> Everything, and I mean **Everything** is wrong with this Balance patch and the PvP is now 90% Unplayable.

> I feel a Major let down, it is just a Company, but I feel **literally** betrayed.

> None if this makes sense... It' lost

>

I mean come on. After how many times are you guys going to act surprised. At this point it should just be common.

> @reukies.6418 said:

>

> > > @brannigan.9831 said:

> > > I would have given the patch an A - if they would have nerfed Scourge some instead of pretending its ok so without it I'd give it a B. Excellent nerfs to warrior and thief.

> >

>

> What scourge, PVE? They needed a buff. PvP? They got "fixed" which were heavy nerfs.

>

> Don't get me wrong, they are still top teir in PvP, just like SB still are with the nerfs, but no where near OP. People just need to get used to the don't enter their shades and just range them down idea when VS a scourge.

>

SB got melt down easily and no way as threatening as b4.

Scourge remains insane and spammy though.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @Alatar.7364 said:

> > I am a long time Anet Apologist, but this....

> > Everything, and I mean **Everything** is wrong with this Balance patch and the PvP is now 90% Unplayable.

> > I feel a Major let down, it is just a Company, but I feel **literally** betrayed.

> > None if this makes sense... It' lost

> >

>

> I mean come on. After how many times are you guys going to act surprised. At this point it should just be common.

This is the _first_ time I publicly complain about Balance Patch, for me it is the first time this really went way too far. Save that comment for someone else.

> @Alatar.7364 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > @Alatar.7364 said:

> > > I am a long time Anet Apologist, but this....

> > > Everything, and I mean **Everything** is wrong with this Balance patch and the PvP is now 90% Unplayable.

> > > I feel a Major let down, it is just a Company, but I feel **literally** betrayed.

> > > None if this makes sense... It' lost

> > >

> >

> > I mean come on. After how many times are you guys going to act surprised. At this point it should just be common.

>

> This is the _first_ time I publicly complain about Balance Patch, for me it is the first time this really went way too far. Save that comment for someone else.

How can you say that? This is all clearly the dedicated work since PoF launched mid season and was made with all the effort to ensure that we have another untouched by balance PvP where we can be just happy and giddy.

I personally feel the elementalist trait change was the true pinnacle of this balance patch.

> @Falan.1839 said:

> Scourge still broken, FB still op. The changes on Warr, Thief and Ele are okay imo. Overall rather bad, I mean even this forum understood that scourge is the biggest problem in PvP balance right now (next to SB) and still it doesn't get touched at all...

Holosmith joins the OP party too.

You gotta see them in action, that burst is insane and consistently high.

Spellbreaker: the nerf was ok. Still viable, probably a bit OP, but at least a bit weaker now. May need further nerfing.

Scourge: most broken class this game has ever saw and got no nerfs.

Firebrand: OP and needed more nerfs.

Deadeye and renegade: still bad or situational at best.

Weaver: ok

Engi: stop buffing holo dmg. The dmg is already too high. It needs dmg nerf and survivability/utility buffs.

Mesmer: axe buffs ok, mobility still needs a nerf.

Ranger: biggest change is in pve druid.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Spellbreaker: the nerf was ok. Still viable, probably a bit OP, but at least a bit weaker now. May need further nerfing.

> Scourge: most broken class this game has ever saw and got no nerfs.

> Firebrand: OP and needed more nerfs.

> Daredevil, renegade: still bad or situational at best.

> Weaver: ok

> Engi: stop buffing holo dmg. The dmg is already too high. It needs dmg nerf and survivability/utility buffs.

> Mesmer: axe buffs ok, mobility still needs a nerf.

> Ranger: biggest change is in pve druid.

>

I don't think that holo damage needs a nerf. It's supposed to be high risk, high reward...nobody else is risking hitting themselves for 8k if they mess up, so I think that having decent damage is fair, especially since engineers are the only ones without a good ranged damage option.

Before the Mad King release and everyone was expecting a balance patch. And ANet had to post that there wouldn't be a balance patch with Mad King.. They were like "oh boy, guess we better put something together quick...." and that's the patch.

Of course, this patch is as good as all the others. So maybe I'm being too hard on them.

> @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

> I hoped for some general survivability improvements for Elementalist (Health and armor). But it looks like I'll have to live with death.

Ele survivability is already really good though taking Water trait line is still mandatory. I'm actually expecting it to get nerfed because it has enough cleanses to survive quite some time in a 1v1 against Anet's lovechild, the Scourge, while waiting for an ally to +1. Totally gets rekt by power reaper though but worry not, most classes get rekt by power reaper too.