HOLY SHIT THEY DID IT.....

Zoltreez.6435

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Justine.6351 said:

> Now wait for the tears about how squishy the reaper is going to be. I hope it works out for people but I'm pretty sure reapers are still going to be driven out of wvw by scourge.

Yah my thoughts exactly...power reaper was viable in wvw ...just. But with the changes to shroud up time there isn't going to be time to actually hit much as well as becoming an easy target. Oh well, was hoping to go back to reaper but meh looks like scourge wins hands down.

The dmg in Reaper Shroud is fantastic, none can argue against that or they simply doing stuff wrong, but the decay of shroud is bad. This Shroud decay makes me miss the old 7sec Speed of Shadows even more, really could have made it work as a burst Reaper with that. ...still Iam gonna try some more.

> @Svarty.8019 said:

> > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > I shed a tear out of my left eye, the increases , I can´t take it, they listened.

>

> They gave with one hand, took away with the other and people only saw the positive. Humans are kitten.

Exactly ... people you need to test this to see the OVERALL DPS impact ... it's not the miracle everyone thinks it is and you just paid through the nose for it ...

Ironically, the 10% DPS buff to Cold Shoulder that everyone was crapping on is a better DPS buff that what you see in this patch.

i really have to say i was surprised by the changes. the reaper get a lot more dmg. it would be nice to test it and i think the amount of bonus dmg is great enough to think "MAYBE, MAYBE". BUT the dmg before the patch of reaper was already very high (perspective of a wvw`ler), problem was that reaper wasnt able to hit enemies with his dmg, and thats the bad news: he is still not able to hit enemies. every enemy can outplay you easily. how you want to bring this dmg from reaper shroud to the enemy? i really dont know the answer...

on the other side, the bugfixe of Dhuumfire pushed the scourge a little bit. AND warrior get nerfed.

finally in my opinion ITS THE BEST BALANCE PATCH I EVER SAW. because scourge get pushed a bit like they promised. warrior get nerfed, so this hardcounter of scourge lost his brainless perma resistance. reaper get buffed strongly and some masteries got a rework. a good patch for necromancers...

Power Reaper does about the same DPS as it did pre-patch after some tests(which is still terribly low). It is decent enough considering the removal of GotL removed 10% from everyone's DPS.

The big difference is that going Shroud isn't a DPS loss, it's not a DPS increase either. But at least it's not punishing you for going Shroud to defend yourself anymore. Power Reaper is still trash for Raids. But it's a good patch anyway.

> @Aktium.9506 said:

> Power Reaper does about the same DPS as it did pre-patch after some tests(which is still terribly low). It is decent enough considering the removal of GotL removed 10% from everyone's DPS.

>

> The big difference is that going Shroud isn't a DPS loss, it's not a DPS increase either. But at least it's not punishing you for going Shroud to defend yourself anymore. Power Reaper is still trash for Raids. But it's a good patch anyway.

I thumbs this ... because weeks ago, people were calling for 30% increases in power reaper damage and saying Cold Shoulder buff was garbage ... and now those very people are applauding these changes as the best patch they have seen for an equivalent amount of DPS buffs as Cold Shoulder while giving up a whole bunch of choice and sustain. Just WOW. Those guys get what they deserve. Glad I'm not affected.

> @Zero.3871 said:

> i really have to say i was surprised by the changes. the reaper get a lot more dmg. it would be nice to test it and i think the amount of bonus dmg is great enough to think "MAYBE, MAYBE". BUT the dmg before the patch of reaper was already very high (perspective of a wvw`ler), problem was that reaper wasnt able to hit enemies with his dmg, and thats the bad news: he is still not able to hit enemies. every enemy can outplay you easily. how you want to bring this dmg from reaper shroud to the enemy? i really dont know the answer...

>

> on the other side, the bugfixe of Dhuumfire pushed the scourge a little bit. AND warrior get nerfed.

>

> finally in my opinion ITS THE BEST BALANCE PATCH I EVER SAW. because scourge get pushed a bit like they promised. warrior get nerfed, so this hardcounter of scourge lost his brainless perma resistance. reaper get buffed strongly and some masteries got a rework. a good patch for necromancers...

Scourge DPS went from 27k to 27.5k, big increase indeed. Power Reaper's DPS was increased by MAYBE 15% considering that shroud runs out twice as fast now.

Interesting...they used exciting words and phrases like increase damage to make people froth, knowing when in that state you miss some other stuff. Stuff thats important. This all creates build diversity which peaks our interest and curiosity for a while. Its the usual magicians sleight of hand. Shuts us all up for a while atleast.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> how is the power burst for wvw?

Pretty damn good.

I was testing a bit with Strength Runes, with the new "Awaken the Pain"-trait, which boosts might-power.

At a point when I was at 25 stacks of might I had 3,8k power, lol. It did hit like a truck.

The degeneration of LF seems a bit too high, tho :anguished:

Buff to second chain in autoattack also was nice.

Gravediggers hit from 5-12k, depending on situation and type of target ofc.

I tried to compensate LF-degen with the refreshed Signets of Suffering-trait and Signet of Undeath for 3% LF-regen while in combat, also while in shroud, but IDK, seems like it didnt do much.

> @mompen.7952 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > how is the power burst for wvw?

>

> Pretty kitten good.

>

> I was testing a bit with Strength Runes, with the new "Awaken the Pain"-trait, which boosts might-power.

> At a point when I was at 25 stacks of might I had 3,8k power, lol. It did hit like a truck.

> The degeneration of LF seems a bit too high, tho :anguished:

> Buff to second chain in autoattack also was nice.

>

> Gravediggers hit from 5-12k, depending on situation and type of target ofc.

>

> I tried to compensate LF-degen with the refreshed Signets of Suffering-trait and Signet of Undeath for 3% LF-regen while in combat, also while in shroud, but IDK, seems like it didnt do much.

That's unfortunate, so wells are still the way to go?

I'll definitely be buying strength runes, what about for the 2nd Sigil, Force and Strength there as well?

> @Amenon.9126 said:

> > @Zero.3871 said:

> > i really have to say i was surprised by the changes. the reaper get a lot more dmg. it would be nice to test it and i think the amount of bonus dmg is great enough to think "MAYBE, MAYBE". BUT the dmg before the patch of reaper was already very high (perspective of a wvw`ler), problem was that reaper wasnt able to hit enemies with his dmg, and thats the bad news: he is still not able to hit enemies. every enemy can outplay you easily. how you want to bring this dmg from reaper shroud to the enemy? i really dont know the answer...

> >

> > on the other side, the bugfixe of Dhuumfire pushed the scourge a little bit. AND warrior get nerfed.

> >

> > finally in my opinion ITS THE BEST BALANCE PATCH I EVER SAW. because scourge get pushed a bit like they promised. warrior get nerfed, so this hardcounter of scourge lost his brainless perma resistance. reaper get buffed strongly and some masteries got a rework. a good patch for necromancers...

>

> Scourge DPS went from 27k to 27.5k, big increase indeed. Power Reaper's DPS was increased by MAYBE 15% considering that shroud runs out twice as fast now.

yeah, thats the reason i wrote: "(perspective of a wvw`ler)". you have other rotations there. but its good that reaper found finally into the powerspace. but lets test him before we enter the final report^^

well i have to say grats! you dodged the bullet and continue to be the most dominant prof in pvp.

2 necors in the same team = 95% chace to win.

i sacrifice a chicken every time I sit down to queue to ask the gods to place me in the team that has the 2 necros.

If im on the oposite team i alt tab to netflix and wait it out.