Anet, please revert the Reaper's Shroud uptime!

Xiiro.2340

> @Xiiro.2340 said:

> The damage buffs are nice, but the life force duration of Reaper's Shroud is way to short now!

YEAH Anet fail to understand that necro do not have other kind of defense but the shroud and taht force us to use it to deal damage instead of defend ourself is just death sentence. Also beacouse all our damage spike is easily avoidable by classes who have many dodges (thief/mesmer) or many blocks (guardian/warriors) ... so to sum up they took the Reaper class and turned it into a useless shit.

So which do you want less damage with similar stats to other professions which leads to your death anyways or an actually shot to brawl down and kill other professions at the cost of some defense ?

You cant have both.

I think the added damage is the right step if anything i dont see them needed to kill the increased cost on reapers. Maybe if it proves that its a bit too much they can give reaper a bit more damage but not the other around no steps backwards please.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> Hey Anet do you read us or we do need to sign a petition to be listened?

>

>

I think there is a note about petitions in the chart that you've signed when you registered in the game/forum. It's not tolerated and may lead you to be banned. Just so you don't make a mistake.

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > Hey Anet do you read us or we do need to sign a petition to be listened?

> >

> >

>

> I think there is a note about petitions in the chart that you've signed when you registered in the game/forum. It's not tolerated and may lead you to be banned. Just so you don't make a mistake.

i do make a pool then, is that allowed?

> @Aetatis.5418 said:

> basically its their game.... just saying, if you make too much trouble, there will be consequences - just read the ToS or whatever it is called for the forums (not saying i like it tho...)

the ones making trouble are Anet with their totally illogical decisions, i am a paying customer and i am not breaking any forum rule so i do not see the problem to contest their decisions. Also i am a paying customer who is not satisfied and i am being ignored, we want to talk also about this? or do i have to spend any money on gems till i got an answer? we can also go this way no problem about. I have always been spending in the past 1.900 days beacouse i was having fun but now i see no reason to spend even a single euro

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > basically its their game.... just saying, if you make too much trouble, there will be consequences - just read the ToS or whatever it is called for the forums (not saying i like it tho...)

>

> the ones making trouble are Anet with their totally illogical decisions, i am a paying customer and i am not breaking any forum rule so i do not see the problem to contest their decisions. Also i am a paying customer who is not satisfied and i am being ignored, we want to talk also about this? or do i have to spend any money on gems till i got an answer? we can also go this way no problem about. I have always been spending in the past 1.900 days beacouse i was having fun but now i see no reason to spend even a single euro

i do agree with you. i am unhappy aswell - but i "try" to stay reasonable and i "try" to make the changes work despite the fact that i am kitten bad doing so.

oh and: i want my shroud back

actually... i blame myself for writing down on the forums, that it is still possible to stay in shroud for a very long time (pre nov. 7, but after the vital persistence nerf) if you spec for it. i feel like that is something (maybe not my post, but somebody elses similar post on reddit or whatever) somebody in the development read and based their decisions on.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > basically its their game.... just saying, if you make too much trouble, there will be consequences - just read the ToS or whatever it is called for the forums (not saying i like it tho...)

>

> the ones making trouble are Anet with their totally illogical decisions, i am a paying customer and i am not breaking any forum rule so i do not see the problem to contest their decisions. Also i am a paying customer who is not satisfied and i am being ignored, we want to talk also about this? or do i have to spend any money on gems till i got an answer? we can also go this way no problem about. I have always been spending in the past 1.900 days beacouse i was having fun but now i see no reason to spend even a single euro

You aren't being ignored ... you just aren't being given any EXCEPTIONAL treatment. Do you think your rants and posts are any more important or insightful than anyone elses? You seem to forget that your relationship with Anet is a very simple customer of a service provider ... you don't like that service, don't use it. Anet doesn't care if you spend a single euro because their business model takes this into account. If they cared about you sticking around from month to month, you would be charged a monthly fee to play it.

There is a big difference between providing feedback (negative or positive) and just being ... an annoyance. Based on some of the 'facts' and analysis you have provided, you really need to up your feedback game.

There is something I realized today ... Anet actually did fix a significant problem with Necro class; a conceptual problem with the fact that there was actually little difference between the 'feel' of Core Necro and Reaper. They correctly identified that RS did not feel like the devastating melee juggernaut they told us it should be ... a significantly different feel than the alternate ghostly form we get with DS. They told us so and now that I have had time to play the new RS, it feels 'right'. You see, it's not about how long you stay in shroud or your DPS numbers or anything like that .. it's about achieving a concept ... Reaper finally does that. Everyone always has a microcosmic view of balance ... but Anet doesn't. This is just another example of that.

>

> There is something I realized today ... Anet actually did fix a significant problem with Necro class; a conceptual problem with the fact that there was actually little difference between the 'feel' of Core Necro and Reaper. They correctly identified that RS did not feel like the devastating melee juggernaut they told us it should be ... a significantly different feel than the alternate ghostly form we get with DS. They told us so and now that I have had time to play the new RS, it feels 'right'. You see, it's not about how long you stay in shroud or your DPS numbers or anything like that .. it's about achieving a concept ... Reaper finally does that. Everyone always has a microcosmic view of balance ... but Anet doesn't. This is just another example of that.

For me it doesnt feel like a juggernaut. For me a juggernaut should do dmg, and still be alittle bit tank. With the changes they traded the not juggernaut dmg from before the patch, and gave it not juggernaut tankyness. So a mix of both would be nice. Then it would be a juggrrnaut. And not just a juggernaut baby

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > > basically its their game.... just saying, if you make too much trouble, there will be consequences - just read the ToS or whatever it is called for the forums (not saying i like it tho...)

> >

> > the ones making trouble are Anet with their totally illogical decisions, i am a paying customer and i am not breaking any forum rule so i do not see the problem to contest their decisions. Also i am a paying customer who is not satisfied and i am being ignored, we want to talk also about this? or do i have to spend any money on gems till i got an answer? we can also go this way no problem about. I have always been spending in the past 1.900 days beacouse i was having fun but now i see no reason to spend even a single euro

>

> You aren't being ignored ... you just aren't being given any EXCEPTIONAL treatment. Do you think your rants and posts are any more important or insightful than anyone elses? You seem to forget that your relationship with Anet is a very simple customer of a service provider ... you don't like that service, don't use it. Anet doesn't care if you spend a single euro because their business model takes this into account. If they cared about you sticking around from month to month, you would be charged a monthly fee to play it.

>

> There is a big difference between providing feedback (negative or positive) and just being ... an annoyance. Based on some of the 'facts' and analysis you have provided, you really need to up your feedback game.

>

> There is something I realized today ... Anet actually did fix a significant problem with Necro class; a conceptual problem with the fact that there was actually little difference between the 'feel' of Core Necro and Reaper. They correctly identified that RS did not feel like the devastating melee juggernaut they told us it should be ... a significantly different feel than the alternate ghostly form we get with DS. They told us so and now that I have had time to play the new RS, it feels 'right'. You see, it's not about how long you stay in shroud or your DPS numbers or anything like that .. it's about achieving a concept ... Reaper finally does that. Everyone always has a microcosmic view of balance ... but Anet doesn't. This is just another example of that.

you are right, but i do truly belive that shut up and do nothing won t lead to nothing, so i will keep up till we get attention

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

> RS did not feel like the devastating melee juggernaut they told us it should be [..] it's about achieving a concept ... Reaper finally does that.

>

I think you are wrong, Reaper doesn't feel devastating in melee but Condi Reaper DID before they nerfed SoS/VP. Sorry you missed it :)

> @Svarty.8019 said:

> > > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > RS did not feel like the devastating melee juggernaut they told us it should be [..] it's about achieving a concept ... Reaper finally does that.

> >

> I think you are wrong, Reaper doesn't feel devastating in melee but Condi Reaper DID before they nerfed SoS/VP. Sorry you missed it :)

>

to much nert at same time mate, now it is useless, i could understand the deathly chill nerf OR the life force nerf, but not both together! now it is a useless class in any game mode.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> go dodge on a WvW zerg and let me know how long you survive

Maybe don't engage a full zerg alone? Maybe uh. Necro received a 30% damage buff on all shroud skill, kill someone before they kill you. That's easy.

Want to know who got destroyed this patch? Spellbreaker. Now it dies in like 10 seconds against condis.

Want to know who wasn't even touched? Scourge. It's still a cancer in pvp.

> @"Almost in War.9326" said:

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > go dodge on a WvW zerg and let me know how long you survive

>

> Maybe don't engage a full zerg alone? Maybe uh. Necro received a 30% damage buff on all shroud skill, kill someone before they kill you. That's easy.

> Want to know who got destroyed this patch? Spellbreaker. Now it dies in like 10 seconds against condis.

> Want to know who wasn't even touched? Scourge. It's still a cancer in pvp.

>

>

What have to do Scourge with Shroud's lf degen?

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > go dodge on a WvW zerg and let me know how long you survive

>

> Maybe don't engage a full zerg alone? Maybe uh. Necro received a 30% damage buff on all shroud skill, kill someone before they kill you. That's easy.

> Want to know who got destroyed this patch? Spellbreaker. Now it dies in like 10 seconds against condis.

> Want to know who wasn't even touched? Scourge. It's still a cancer in pvp.

>

>

i will not comment on the "kill someone beafore they kill you" beacouse it is so stupid it is not even worth reply while i do agree about the Scourge, plus i add that also in WvW is a cancer and that zergs are made by lie 80% ranged spammers which most part are scourges.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> i will not comment on the "kill someone beafore they kill you" beacouse it is so stupid it is not even worth reply while i do agree about the Scourge, plus i add that also in WvW is a cancer and that zergs are made by lie 80% ranged spammers which most part are scourges.

Then you are partially not dumb. That's a surprising thing for a necro player, honestly.

I too play necro, a lot, but guys seriously. You are not Anet's least favorite class. Stop whining and screaming all the time. You are broken in both pvp and wvw.

Look at the Revenant, the new Spellbreaker, Soulbeast...

Sometimes you just have to adapt. Things change. 4% would have been better? Maybe, and maybe they'll go 4% in a next update, who knows. Just stop with this attitude.

>

>

> > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > i will not comment on the "kill someone beafore they kill you" beacouse it is so stupid it is not even worth reply while i do agree about the Scourge, plus i add that also in WvW is a cancer and that zergs are made by lie 80% ranged spammers which most part are scourges.

> Then you are partially not kitten. That's a surprising thing for a necro player, honestly.

> I too play necro, a lot, but guys seriously. You are not Anet's least favorite class. Stop whining and screaming all the time. You are broken in both pvp and wvw.

> Look at the Revenant, the new Spellbreaker, Soulbeast...

>

> Sometimes you just have to adapt. Things change. 4% would have been better? Maybe, and maybe they'll go 4% in a next update, who knows. Just stop with this attitude.

>

I can not sorry. I truly belive that do nothing lead to nothing so i try what i can in order to change what i think it is wrong.

> @ZDragon.3046 said:

> So which do you want less damage with similar stats to other professions which leads to your death anyways or an actually shot to brawl down and kill other professions at the cost of some defense ?

>

> You cant have both.

>

> I think the added damage is the right step if anything i dont see them needed to kill the increased cost on reapers. Maybe if it proves that its a bit too much they can give reaper a bit more damage but not the other around no steps backwards please.

That is a false dichotomy BECAUSE WE CAN HAVE BOTH.

Fix a problem isn't like trying to overhaul taxes. When you overhaul the tax code you still need to bring in enough money to pay the bills. So the only thing you can do is slightly shift how much person is paying while leaving the ultimate amount of taxes being collected unchanged. If you reduce the amount of taxes the poor pay then you must increase the taxes the rich pay. If you reduce the taxes that corporations pay then you must increase the taxes that individuals pay.

When fixing a problem with a character class in a video game, you have to look at the problem and then ONLY change the source of the problem as you must assume that everything else is in balance and should not be changed as changing something else at the same kind creates a new problem. This results in a see saw approach where you are constantly changing everything because you are a big dumb idiot who doesn't know how to fix a character class in a video game.

If our problem was that we didn't have enough damage to kill something then the solution would to ONLY INCREASE DAMAGE AND LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE UNCHANGED.