Mirage and Holosmith damage is over the top.

kappa.2036

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @Magnito.6187 said:

> > Is this just me or...

> > The target breaking skills everyone complains about, no one uses them?

> Exactly.

>

> I'm 100% sure it's about the basic mesmer mechanic and not the target breaking, simply people found a new basis for complaining about clone spamming.

but mirage doesn't even have clone spamming , meta build doesn't have DE , and without chrono , the only source of clone are weapon skill + sword ambush .basically 3 skills .

So now people have something new to complain about since SB is nerfed. I think Mirage has a tad bit too many confusion stacks but holosmith seems fine. They have a very predictable rotation. The only thing I'd say is a problem is stealth, something needs to be done so that classes are visible immediately after hitting with a skill instead of a second afterwards.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @Wolfric.9380 said:

> > no base damage on confusion and torment .....

>

> I like this a lot actually! Leave the ticking DoT for bleeding.

>

> I know confusion used to be like this in the past, idk why it was changed.

coz people complain its brokent op in pvp and broken useless in pve . that was the time no sane mes played condi build in pvp . confusion mostly came from engi .

and people will complain even more with old confusion back .it used to do a lot more dmg when you use skill . it was way more punishing . but somehow you guys only remember the part which you can gain benefit from but forgot the rest part lol

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @Wolfric.9380 said:

> > > no base damage on confusion and torment .....

> >

> > I like this a lot actually! Leave the ticking DoT for bleeding.

> >

> > I know confusion used to be like this in the past, idk why it was changed.

>

> coz people complain its brokent op in pvp and broken useless in pve . that was the time no sane mes played condi build in pvp . confusion mostly came from engi .

> and people will complain even more with old confusion back .it used to do a lot more dmg when you use skill . it was way more punishing . but somehow you guys only remember the part which you can gain benefit from but forgot the rest part lol

>

O L D _ P E R P L E X I T Y _ R U N E S

this is what u get for half assed patches for a 3 months wait. was this every 2 weeks or maby each month it'd ba acceptable, it's not the worse patch but definately little work done for how long the wait is, this is why people aren't happy. it's because u wait 3 months. they nerf spellbreaker and rightfully so, leave condi damage untouched and there ya go. spellbreaker while still pretty good doesn't have an overwhelming presence and u learn that they were more classes hiding in the shadows with just absurd power creep.

this is why i keep saying everything(bar renegade) is out of wack even if it's balanced in the meta it's in. nerf mirage and convince that for example deadeye is garbage, it gets buff and all of a sudden that justifiable 20 k burst's aren't as funny anymore, ain't it? But this is what happens. u eventually get used to the absurd because there is somethign even more ridiculous(pre nerf spellbreaker) on top and thus when isn''t on top the bells start ringing all of a sudden, u get that eureka moment. This is why never get justification for these insane damage numbers on both power and condi. Who fucking cares if holosmith is squishy(note it's not, that's some bullshit, u could even run palladins amulet on it)

it's like pre-retcon beyonder getting nerfed and all of a sudden the cosmic entities are hot shit after all.

If they remove the base damage on confusion and torment in PVP, it's only fair to double the damage for using skills and moving.

Oh, no, right, everyone is still going to whine because they'd rather panic, run around like headless hens, and hit random buttons willy nilly in the hopes of condi cleansing.

And we're back to whining about the existence of mesmer at all. The whiners won't be happy until every mesmer option hits like a wet noodle, confusion and torment do 0 damage ever, and moa turns the caster into a moa.

> @musu.9205 said:

> but mirage doesn't even have clone spamming

Do you play mirage? It basicaly shitts clones out left and right if you spec for it.

Im not taking part in the "is mirage OP discussion" but saying that mirage cant spam clones is just plain wrong.

Deceptive Evasion gives you clones on dodge and mirage is usually specced for high dodge uptime.

Self deception gives you a clone if you have already one when you use a deception skill.

Jaunt is a deception skill. You can spam clones as mirage.

> @Mayama.1854 said:

> > @musu.9205 said:

>

> > but mirage doesn't even have clone spamming

>

> Do you play mirage? It basicaly shitts clones out left and right if you spec for it.

> Im not taking part in the "is mirage OP discussion" but saying that mirage cant spam clones is just plain wrong.

>

> Deceptive Evasion gives you clones on dodge and mirage is usually specced for high dodge uptime.

> Self deception gives you a clone if you have already one when you use a deception skill.

> Jaunt is a deception skill. You can spam clones as mirage.

>

>

>

only 3 skill create clones

sword ambush

staff 2

sword 3

meta build does not use DE

meta build does not use Self deception

you guys really dont even check the build before saying shit like this .

shrug.

and yeah im plain wrong talking to idiots with reasons

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @Mayama.1854 said:

> > > @musu.9205 said:

> >

> > > but mirage doesn't even have clone spamming

> >

> > Do you play mirage? It basicaly shitts clones out left and right if you spec for it.

> > Im not taking part in the "is mirage OP discussion" but saying that mirage cant spam clones is just plain wrong.

> >

> > Deceptive Evasion gives you clones on dodge and mirage is usually specced for high dodge uptime.

> > Self deception gives you a clone if you have already one when you use a deception skill.

> > Jaunt is a deception skill. You can spam clones as mirage.

> >

> >

> >

>

> only 3 skill create clones

> sword ambush

> staff 2

> sword 3

> meta build does not use DE

> meta build does not use Self deception

>

> you guys really dont even check the build before saying kitten like this .

> shrug.

>

> and yeah im plain wrong talking to idiots with reasons

The meta build isn't *that* good IMO.

> @Abelisk.4527 said:

> > @musu.9205 said:

> > > @Mayama.1854 said:

> > > > @musu.9205 said:

> > >

> > > > but mirage doesn't even have clone spamming

> > >

> > > Do you play mirage? It basicaly shitts clones out left and right if you spec for it.

> > > Im not taking part in the "is mirage OP discussion" but saying that mirage cant spam clones is just plain wrong.

> > >

> > > Deceptive Evasion gives you clones on dodge and mirage is usually specced for high dodge uptime.

> > > Self deception gives you a clone if you have already one when you use a deception skill.

> > > Jaunt is a deception skill. You can spam clones as mirage.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > only 3 skill create clones

> > sword ambush

> > staff 2

> > sword 3

> > meta build does not use DE

> > meta build does not use Self deception

> >

> > you guys really dont even check the build before saying kitten like this .

> > shrug.

> >

> > and yeah im plain wrong talking to idiots with reasons

>

> The meta build isn't *that* good IMO.

then offer better one . i don't think its absolute best but there are reasons behind trait choices . back to topic

you can use self deception but its not that worth in most build . you get a bit more sustain dmg but less reliable .

and mirage has to pick Ineptitude for burst or DE for clone "spam "

there is no build with both 20 stack of confusion burst and clone spam , since you are arguing for arguing sake ,you can get burst from HI + axe trait but seeker has a build in delay and it can be reflected , there won't be "instantly "condi bomb . and without EM , mirage literally dies to any slight condition .

are we back to famous 30/30/30/30/30/30 op mes build now ?coz most stuff people complaint about mirage in this thread are from core mesmer lol .

> @mrauls.6519 said:

> Holosmith is high risk, high reward. It's _balanced_

>

> Condi mirage on the other hand is out of line

But that is how ANet have made pve condi to kill sponges to work on pvp... low health classes.. i thnk Anet is ok with it, this a no brain game after all, just follow what is strong to farm rewards.

Holo is bursty, but meh even a pve player with ranger can kill it....