PoF Mini drop locations, need hints from Anet

So as most people know by now, all PoF minis you can receive as a drop are very very rare. to the point the wiki still has no known drop locations for some yet nor found at all (not in the API = noone found it yet).

The most troubling ones are the following:

Mini Mordant Crescent (I buy ordered one for 270g 6c on 27.10.2017, which appears to be the only one that got sold at all: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/83331-Mini-Mordant-Crescent)

Mini Fire Djin (tradeable, not on TP nor in API, so noone found it yet)

Mini Eearth Djin (tradeable, not on TP nor in API, so noone found it yet)

Mini Water Djin (tradeable, not on TP, but recently appeared in the item API, so the first person might have found it)

Mini Air Djin (tradeable, not on TP nor in API, so noone found it yet)

Mini Awakened Canid Champion (tradeable, not on TP nor in API, so noone found it yet)

Considering the rarity of PoF minis, continuing to randomly search for them seems to be fruitless. And also considering the djin events get done regulary by zergs I am doubtful that those drop the djin minis. Can you drop us some good hints which content to do to find these?

ANet's practice is to never comment on stuff like drop rates or sources. They like things to be discovered by players and to avoid accidentally setting the wrong expectations.

The closest they have done recently is when @"LinseyMurdock.4165" said that everything we needed for the strange rock was already in the game... and that ended up with people overhyping themselves and then blaming Linsey/ANet for allowing their imaginations to overwhelm the actual posts.

I expect that some of the first discoverers will not say a word, hoping to corner the market, however briefly (an attitude with which I think you've expressed some sympathy), but eventually word will leak out. (As Ambrose Bierce said, "two can keep a secret as well as one, if the other is dead.") It hasn't been that long.

The other possibility is that the drops are bugged, similar to some from Shadow Behemoth back in the day.

PS it could be that only specific djinni drop minis, so perhaps that's why they aren't being found by the zergs.

All named djins are part of bounty trains and collections, so if one of those drops them, then the droprate must be lower than precursor for noone to find them yet.

I also have 2 accounts parked at the earth djin JP in the crystal oasis, it has 3 large chests. So far no luck (obviously considering the PoF mini droprates).

There is nothing to discover if the droprate is literally as bad as doing the event 100 years straight will not guarantee the drop.

Just take the Mini Junundu wurm. It is account bound and comes from an event where you can only loot 2 chests per day per account. So far I only saw one confirmed drop about it on reddit. When I do the meta with 50+ noone ever reports getting this mini, so it is save to assume that to get this mini you are in for decades or centuries of doing this event daily. People thought tequatl and tr wurm skins are bad? This is like 100 times worse.

Farming any PoF mini is impossible due to the low droprate. So keeping the location for yourself makes little sense (unless you want to be the only one with the mini). But 4 of the 6 above listed minis have not been found at all yet, so it is not people trying to keep it secret. As for the other 2 it is likely that only 1 or 2 dropped of each so far, so chances are high that a random person not even knowing what treasure they found got them.

I don't think your estimated numbers match up. People do TD meta every day and I've never seen someone get the aura, but clearly, people do. It took a while before enough dropped to populate the TP (and since then, of course, the demand is high enough that we won't see any supply on the TP for ages, if ever).

So, no, it's not safe to assume the rates based on how long and how many people have been doing the events.

That doesn't mean that ANet shouldn't double check that (a) the items are in the drop tables as expected and (b) there isn't some other issue holding them back.

And I think you would be the first person to understand why someone might want to be the only one with a particular mini or other type of skin.

Considering the blue Choya mini drops from the choya stampede event, it can be literally any event containing said enemy.

Bounties are the last place to look, imo. They are too obvious and they are already tied to other rewards.

The best place is to look for events with chests. The Deadhouse has a chest, The dwarven ruins have a chest (water djinn are there) Temple of Atar is very fire djinn oriented and has a chest. The torch puzzle next to the palace of nahbkha has a huge chest.

I also don't think there need to be hints. PoF is exploration oriented. If you want to find these drops you need to do them with large amount of people. Unfortunately, no one seems to be interested in that except for Bounties.

People are so zerg oriented that normal events, get ignored. As long as that mentality doesn't change, good luck with that.

> @FrizzFreston.5290 said:

> Considering the blue Choya mini drops from the choya stampede event, it can be literally any event containing said enemy.

>

> Bounties are the last place to look, imo. They are too obvious and they are already tied to other rewards.

>

> The best place is to look for events with chests. The Deadhouse has a chest, The dwarven ruins have a chest (water djinn are there) Temple of Atar is very fire djinn oriented and has a chest. The torch puzzle next to the palace of nahbkha has a huge chest.

>

> I also don't think there need to be hints. PoF is exploration oriented. If you want to find these drops you need to do them with large amount of people. Unfortunately, no one seems to be interested in that except for Bounties.

>

> People are so zerg oriented that normal events, get ignored. As long as that mentality doesn't change, good luck with that.

I think we can savely exclude any evets that get done regularily, eg any stuff that is part of an achievement. Dozens of squads still do those every day and it would be strange if not a single of them would have dropped by now.

Blue choya dropping from the choya stampede is not even weird. It seems to be the most prominent event related to choya, so it would be my first guess when looking for it.> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I don't think your estimated numbers match up. People do TD meta every day and I've never seen someone get the aura, but clearly, people do. It took a while before enough dropped to populate the TP (and since then, of course, the demand is high enough that we won't see any supply on the TP for ages, if ever).

>

> So, no, it's not safe to assume the rates based on how long and how many people have been doing the events.

>

> That doesn't mean that ANet shouldn't double check that (a) the items are in the drop tables as expected and (b) there isn't some other issue holding them back.

>

> And I think you would be the first person to understand why someone might want to be the only one with a particular mini or other type of skin.

It is save to assume the droprate based on how long it took them to appear in the API (if appeared at all) and how often they get traded on the TP. And it is strange that Anet makes these miniatures so rare, that my old rare minis look like common trash in comparison. You really have to wonder why they did this after making all old prestigious minis pretty much worthless over time. Anet being consistently inconsistent again I guess.

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> I also have 2 accounts parked at the earth djin JP in the crystal oasis, it has 3 large chests. So far no luck (obviously considering the PoF mini droprates).

Just to be clear, those 3 chests are account bound right? like open them once per account per day? that was the conclusion I came to but someone on the forum claimed to have opened them 3 different times on the same account, so I'm still wondering what exactly is the situation with those chests.

> @Vavume.8065 said:

> > @Malediktus.9250 said:

>

> > I also have 2 accounts parked at the earth djin JP in the crystal oasis, it has 3 large chests. So far no luck (obviously considering the PoF mini droprates).

>

> Just to be clear, those 3 chests are account bound right? like open them once per account per day? that was the conclusion I came to but someone on the forum claimed to have opened them 3 different times on the same account, so I'm still wondering what exactly is the situation with those chests.

>

yes, once per account per day like any interactable open world loot chest in PoF. The loot is decent for the tiny amount of work. The Mini earth djin might drop there, guess it will take a long time to find out considering how few people are doing the JP compared to the legendary awakened hoarder, which drops this insanely expensive mini: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/83689-Mini-Awakened-Abomination

> @Vavume.8065 said:

> > > > @Malediktus.9250 said:

>

> > yes, once per account per day like any interactable open world loot chest in PoF.

>

> They are not all like that, there are chests that are once per character per day in PoF also.

Well these JP ones are account bound for sure, so are the ones from Junundu Rising meta and others. Also bleached bones etc.

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > I also have 2 accounts parked at the earth djin JP in the crystal oasis, it has 3 large chests. So far no luck (obviously considering the PoF mini droprates).

>

> Wait, what?! There are jumping puzzles on PoF maps? :o

>

> Where do I find them, like the one you are talking about?

I am talking about this one:

most people do not know about the puzzles in PoF, because Anet did not make any achievements for them and they are usually easy to miss

> @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> I just want to know about the canid champion mini

Is there any event or location involving a canid champion? I sadly have not noticed one.

Anyhow it is just a mini awaked canid with a different armor, so not even that outstanding :(

There is a glorious chest guarded by two fire djins at the Temple of Atar PoI in crystal oasis. Might be worth looting daily? It is account bound

Ok so here are my suspections so far:

Mini Air Djin: Fourth room of the Derelict Delve puzzle, glorious chest guarded by AIr Djin

Mini Fire Djin: Temple of Atar, Crystal Oasis, glorious chest guarded by two Fire Djin OR hidden chest near 2 fire djins in the fire elemental room in Derelict Delve puzzle

Mini Earth Djin: Sanctum of Nabkha, JP in Crystal Oasis, 3 glorious chests guarded by earth Djins

Mini Water Djin: Possibly the chest at the end of the Hall of Ascension JP, guarded by two Air Djins, but the chest does not look special or large. Other possibility: When you fly the master griffon adventure in desert highlands you come past a glorious chest near Elutherius, which is a legendary water djin

Mini Awakened Canid Champion: No idea

Mini Mordant Crescent: no clue, there are so many events involving mordant crescents, but given the rarity it must be a rarely done event

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Lady Deedra.3126" said:

> > Mini Awakened Canid Champion appeared on trading post today. Not sure if its related to the LS4E1 or just coincidence.

>

> I know the guy who got it. I will see what they say tonight. They pinged it to me last night when he did.

Tell them gz (and caution them about blowing it all on mount skins ;) ).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Lady Deedra.3126" said:

> > > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > > Mini Awakened Canid Champion appeared on trading post today. Not sure if its related to the LS4E1 or just coincidence.

> >

> > I know the guy who got it. I will see what they say tonight. They pinged it to me last night when he did.

>

> Tell them gz (and caution them about blowing it all on mount skins ;) ).

The first one sold for 200g on trading post, so I doubt he will get many skins. There were also one at 1420g and 1450g and now 5000g. Not sure if it is the same one that got bought and relisted again and again in hope of quick profit.

> @"Lady Deedra.3126" said:

> > Mini Awakened Canid Champion appeared on trading post today. Not sure if its related to the LS4E1 or just coincidence.

>

> I know the guy who got it. I will see what they say tonight. They pinged it to me last night when he did.

Any news on this? Considering how many of these are on TP now, I assume that it is a drop from somewhere in the Palawadan meta. Right in the first event of the meta chain are two canid champions with unique names.

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > @"Lady Deedra.3126" said:

> > > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > > Mini Awakened Canid Champion appeared on trading post today. Not sure if its related to the LS4E1 or just coincidence.

> >

> > I know the guy who got it. I will see what they say tonight. They pinged it to me last night when he did.

> Any news on this? Considering how many of these are on TP now, I assume that it is a drop from somewhere in the Palawadan meta. Right in the first event of the meta chain are two canid champions with unique names.

ot gonna lie, I totally forgot to ask. Been a crazy week. Ill ask in the morning.