Black Lion Salvage Kits

FOX.3582

> @Cyprien.4208 said:

> .... I hardly get any. Just the day before yesterday I got one from daily box and I've been waiting for a long time and even used tons of keys before and not got a single one.

>

> I could use your luck.

Which is an argument for those that have extras being able to sell them to other players.

Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

I wish they were tradeable. In the beginning, I had so many that I didn't know what to do with. Then I learned the best things to salvage from them and now I have maybe 2 left? I don't usually have much spare money to get gems to buy more. I would buy some from the people that have a stash of them in a heartbeat.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @Cyprien.4208 said:

> > .... I hardly get any. Just the day before yesterday I got one from daily box and I've been waiting for a long time and even used tons of keys before and not got a single one.

> >

> > I could use your luck.

>

> Which is an argument for those that have extras being able to sell them to other players.

>

> .

> __________

> Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

> ___________

This! +1 =)

> @FOX.3582 said:

> https://image.ibb.co/kORKM5/screen.png

>

> Arenanet, please do something with those things. Some of us got stacks and stacks and stacks! Make them trade able or something? I don't want to throw them away because they're worth a lot of gems if you want to buy them from the Gemstore. But on the other hand, I can't find good use of them. :(

> Wheeelp!

You could go on a salvage spree and keep going until there is none left. Just salvage anything with them and maybe hold on to one or two stacks.

That way you have at least some stuff to sell for a few silver (or maybe more if you get lucky).

> @Blude.6812 said:

> I'd be happy if they could stack into one pile in your bank (ditto for blade shards--they will stack in your storage inventory but not in you personal bank)

Blade Shards stack up to 250 in the bank, just like everything else stackable.

BLSK can't stack since they have charges. No item with charges stack.

A good middle ground could be creating 100-charge BLSK from combining 4 full kits in MF. They could then even make a 250-charge one by combining two 100-charge with two regular.

If you can't find a good use for BL salvage kits, you aren't trying very hard.

* Do things that accumulate rares (all sorts of content) and salvage with BL kits (instead of selling)

* Buy rares for under 25s and salvage those.

* Buy exotics that have sigils/runes worth at least as much as the cost -- you're essentially getting free ecto (GW2 Shinies & GW2 Efficiency both have tools to make finding such exotics a snap).

* Salvage rares for your friends. Give them ~70 ecto per 80 rares and keep the rest. Or offer to recover sigils/runes for your friends.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @Blude.6812 said:

> > I'd be happy if they could stack into one pile in your bank (ditto for blade shards--they will stack in your storage inventory but not in you personal bank)

>

> Blade Shards stack up to 250 in the bank, just like everything else stackable.

> BLSK can't stack since they have charges. No item with charges stack.

>

> A good middle ground could be creating 100-charge BLSK from combining 4 full kits in MF. They could then even make a 250-charge one by combining two 100-charge with two regular.

MF would be a great way to lighten the load. I have 1 character who has 160 slots and half are filled with BLSK and the other half is skins that unlock on receipt of the item.

> @Cyprien.4208 said:

> .... I hardly get any. Just the day before yesterday I got one from daily box and I've been waiting for a long time and even used tons of keys before and not got a single one.

>

> I could use your luck.

Don't worry, as soon as you don't need them, they will rain from the sky. After I finished making the ascended gear that I wanted (needed globs of dark matter, and used BLSK on exotics), they started dropping all over when I was done. I have about 7 of them sitting in the bank now.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> If you can't find a good use for BL salvage kits, you aren't trying very hard.

> * Do things that accumulate rares (all sorts of content) and salvage with BL kits (instead of selling)

> * Buy rares for under 25s and salvage those.

> * Buy exotics that have sigils/runes worth at least as much as the cost -- you're essentially getting free ecto (GW2 Shinies & **GW2 Efficiency both have tools** to make finding such exotics a snap).

> * Salvage rares for your friends. Give them ~70 ecto per 80 rares and keep the rest. Or offer to recover sigils/runes for your friends.

I looked on gw2efficiency and didn't see that. Where is the salvaging tool for that app?

Do NOT tell anyone I told you this, but you can use them on Globs of Ectoplasm to produce tons of luck you can consume to increase your accoun'ts luck, and crystalline ore that often sell for more than the ectos.

You can also buy items that are less expensive than their upgrades, salvage them and sell the upgrades.

But I do agree that it is kind of annoying how you can't stack them. I always wondered why gathering tools and kits have a number of uses instead being stacking consumables that get consumed per use.

> @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> Do NOT tell anyone I told you this, but you can use them on Globs of Ectoplasm to produce tons of luck you can consume to increase your accoun'ts luck, and crystalline ore that often sell for more than the ectos.

> You can also buy items that are less expensive than their upgrades, salvage them and sell the upgrades.

>

> But I do agree that it is kind of annoying how you can't stack them. I always wondered why gathering tools and kits have a number of uses instead being stacking consumables that get consumed per use.

Thanks for that info, I never realised you could actually salvage ectos down!

I just had a read on the ecto salvage research page on the wiki and it's quite interesting. It seems even with using mystic salvage kits to salvage a stack of ectos the return in Crystalline Dust is favourable enough to generally at least break even on the value of the ectos salvaged (in fact the top 7 results on the table make a bit of profit if my maths are right). And the essence of luck return does indeed seem to be bucket loads as you say!

([https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm/salvage_research](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm/salvage_research "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm/salvage_research")