Why can't Sonder the Seller keep taking Fangs, Skulls, and Nougats?

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> I agree. We have the new armor recipes but no way to promote the ingredients.

Yeah, I wish I could have finished crafting all the pieces before time was up, but it turns out that I couldn't. Now I have two choices: sell them to a vendor and hopefully be able to catch up on my progress next year, or hold on to them and make room for them somewhere so that next year I can finish them off.

> @Vennyman.7521 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

>

> > I agree. We have the new armor recipes but no way to promote the ingredients.

>

> Yeah, I wish I could have finished crafting all the pieces before time was up, but it turns out that I couldn't. Now I have two choices: sell them to a vendor and hopefully be able to catch up on my progress next year, or hold on to them and make room for them somewhere so that next year I can finish them off.

You could just buy the refined versions off the TP after selling your unrefined versions to the vendor. That way you don't have to wait until next year.

> @Vennyman.7521 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

>

> > I agree. We have the new armor recipes but no way to promote the ingredients.

>

> Yeah, I wish I could have finished crafting all the pieces before time was up, but it turns out that I couldn't. Now I have two choices: sell them to a vendor and hopefully be able to catch up on my progress next year, or hold on to them and make room for them somewhere so that next year I can finish them off.

Vendor the fangs/skulls and buy the upgraded versions from the TP. Especially for the skulls. Converting the skulls is throwing money away.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> You could just buy the refined versions off the TP after selling your unrefined versions to the vendor. That way you don't have to wait until next year.

As a matter of principle, Sonder the Seller used to accept these year-round, and suddenly he doesn't. I could get a few silver for selling my mats and spend a few gold buying refined from the TP, but why?

First, Sonder hasn't offered to exchange bite-sized versions of candy to the super-sized versions, except for pieces of corn to cobs. Second, it's still true that you can vendor (to any other merchant) the bite-sized fangs, nougat, and skulls and then buy the super-sized versions from the TP. They drop in big enough quantities from ToTs that it's likely to be a money saver from upgrading, for a long time to come.

And that helps explain why Sonder hasn't changed to allow such conversions: Lunatic armor is barely a sink on those items; ToTs are still a major faucet. It's simply more cost effective to sell bites and use the TP to acquire the 1000-bite versions.

Speaking of costs, self-crafting non-Lunatic versions of the same stats remains cheaper, e.g. Exalted Berserker's Boots costs about 9.6 gold to craft, whereas Lunatic costs over 11g. Buying on the TP is cheaper still, except for Zerk and Apothecary. In other words, unless you need the Lunatic skins, craft Zerk & Apothecary; buy the rest from the TP.

> @Vennyman.7521 said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

>

> > You could just buy the refined versions off the TP after selling your unrefined versions to the vendor. That way you don't have to wait until next year.

>

> As a matter of principle, Sonder the Seller used to accept these year-round, and suddenly he doesn't. I could get a few silver for selling my mats and spend a few gold buying refined from the TP, but why?

No, he didn't used to accept them year round, at least not for several years now. He only took the candy corn, and as far as I know he still only takes the candy corn. And as for "why", you were saying that you'd have to wait a year to finish out your collection, and I was simply offering advice on how you could avoid waiting a year.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I believe that Rose is correct about Sonder. I've been selling mine to the vendor, but if there's a reason I shouldn't, I hope someone will post and let me know! ;)

You definitely should be doing that for skulls. Sell 1000 skulls to a merchant gets you 2g50s. Buying the upgraded skull is only around 1g. The others are slightly worse off but that is all assuming you want instant gratification. If you use buy orders you stand to profit for all of them.