Weaver is still garbage.

mysticsicness.7598

I didn't realize Druid was the PoF ranger elite spec.

Weaver has really scary ranged burst. It surpasses power mesmer and doesn't require setup. Weaver sword though... it's a jack of all trades with the right build, but it needs primordial stance and a really good rotation and knowledge of the class.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @mysticsicness.7598 said:

> After playing around with Avatar amulet I can clearly see why Weaver fails. Every profession has something it does that is ridiculously strong when played correctly.

>

> Mirage: Mobility and Confusion stacking

> Scourge: Condi Pressure/Boon Removal

> Spellbreaker: Mobility, Damage, Sustain

> Firebrand: The new Super Bunker

> Thief: Mobility and +1 potential

> Holosmith: Insane burst and dodge 2 win mine spam (spits in the face of evasive arcana)

> Druid: Sustain, Mobility, Support

>

> Weaver is balanced if all the devs wanted was a slightly stronger version of original GW2. There is nothing spectacular or dare I say "broken" about it. It simply cannot compete with any of the above professions.

>

>

...and also harder to master compering to the most of this list.

Swapping from half attunement to full attunement should have no cooldown. That would make weaver way more fluid.

On D/D for example. The most important skills are on 4 and 5. Sometimes you need ride the lighting or earthquake and waiting 4s to get to the right attunement makes the ele miss the momento to use the needed skill.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> I didn't realize Druid was the PoF ranger elite spec.

>

> Weaver has really scary burst ranged burst. It surpasses power mesmer and doesn't require setup. Weaver sword though... it's a jack of all trades with the right build, but it needs primordial stance and a really good rotation and knowledge of the class.

The stance for the crappy condibuild?

Overall i played with s/d weaver and against, its just crap. They just getting one time pressured and they need to use all evades in a row, riptide and blast combo to die after. Its a new, but weaker version of cele d/d post Hot, not more. However, you can know the class as good as you want, how should a team utilize it? Its not bunky enough for beeing a decent sidetank, its not acting strong enough as +1, its bad as supporter. I dont see any role in a roster of great players to make a team better.

Maybe the other classes still have better or even more broken mechanics/builds/specs, but at the moment i whould not prefer to play sword.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> I didn't realize Druid was the PoF ranger elite spec.

>

> Weaver has really scary ranged burst. It surpasses power mesmer and doesn't require setup. Weaver sword though... it's a jack of all trades with the right build, but it needs primordial stance and a really good rotation and knowledge of the class.

Neither is thief (and rev wasnt even on the list). Weaver does not NEED primordial stance at all. Weaver NEEDS to ditch primordial stance because its a 180 range gimmick utility. Condition is not even on the table for weaver anymore. I am telling you, that even with a good rotation, and knowledge of the class, that elementalist simply cannot hang in current pvp.

Its not only garbage , but super frustrating to play. You are forced into retarded water tree which is pure shit , but only viable option with current condy meta , but even that doesnt help much. Primordial is only way of doing somewhat damage , but even guy with a half brain can condy clean eles burst , cause it applys only 1 condition. Oh and did I mentioned full counters to sword weaver , like , mesmer , holo and those dont even have to be good to kill you. Rest classes you need to outplay hard to actually beat , which takes good 30sec - 60sec. All in all garbage giving it : **2/10**

> @mysticsicness.7598 said:

> > @Derps.7421 said:

> > Fresh air weaver very very very strong spec and does well against everything minus thief and intep mirage.

>

> That is factually wrong. Until we get videos of Phanta running around on Fresh Air Weaver destroying other meta builds, you are wrong. No evidence supports your claim.

Yeah.. Phanta going around destroying other meta builds that's Fresh Air Ele. Sword/Dagger weaver does ok against other meta builds, lacks the punch usually

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @mysticsicness.7598 said:

> > > @Derps.7421 said:

> > > Fresh air weaver very very very strong spec and does well against everything minus thief and intep mirage.

> >

> > That is factually wrong. Until we get videos of Phanta running around on Fresh Air Weaver destroying other meta builds, you are wrong. No evidence supports your claim.

>

> Yeah.. Phanta going around destroying other meta builds that's Fresh Air Ele. Sword/Dagger weaver does ok against other meta builds, lacks the punch usually

How did fresh air ele become viable all of sudden?

- It's a 900 range burst build that relies on high CD short duration effects blocks (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstoppable_Union and I delete any fresh air I encounter during matches, forcing some to not even leave their respawn as they would get send back easily with me sniping from 1200 range and you only have obsidian flesh to stop me...for 3s..and I have much more defense that you will ever have - last time I played I basically made @Maxater my personal toy for all match, totalising 12 kills just on him as he was playing fresh air ele)

- has no stealth ( you must massively outplay any thief..so be like @"Phantaram.1265" or use your time decorating the respawn point)

- has no crazy unblockable dmg ( dh can easily outsustain you, so does a chronomancer)

- It's just a +1 build with little above average dmg on a sunny day ( a +1 role much more easily executed on virtually any other spec in game)

- It has never been played into a serious tournament for more than couple of time back in 2013 by @Zoose

- too much effort for the result

I think people tend to confuse personal bias with factual utility of the spec....the total lack of eles in pvp respect to everybody else, speaks volumes about the validity of the entire class **very high risk with mediocre reward if you are very talented with fast reaction time**

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @mysticsicness.7598 said:

> > > > @Derps.7421 said:

> > > > Fresh air weaver very very very strong spec and does well against everything minus thief and intep mirage.

> > >

> > > That is factually wrong. Until we get videos of Phanta running around on Fresh Air Weaver destroying other meta builds, you are wrong. No evidence supports your claim.

> >

> > Yeah.. Phanta going around destroying other meta builds that's Fresh Air Ele. Sword/Dagger weaver does ok against other meta builds, lacks the punch usually

>

> How did fresh air ele become viable all of sudden?

>

> - It's a 900 range burst build that relies on high CD short duration effects blocks (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstoppable_Union and I delete any fresh air I encounter during matches, forcing some to not even leave their respawn as they would get send back easily with me sniping from 1200 range and you only have obsidian flesh to stop me...for 3s..and I have much more defense that you will ever have - last time I played I basically made @Maxater my personal toy for all match, totalising 12 kills just on him as he was playing fresh air ele)

> - has no stealth ( you must massively outplay any thief..so be like @"Phantaram.1265" or use your time decorating the respawn point)

> - has no crazy unblockable dmg ( dh can easily outsustain you, so does a chronomancer)

> - It's just a +1 build with little above average dmg on a sunny day ( a +1 role much more easily executed on virtually any other spec in game)

> - It has never been played into a serious tournament for more than couple of time back in 2013 by @Zoose

> - too much effort for the result

>

> I think people tend to confuse personal bias with factual utility of the spec....the total lack of eles in pvp respect to everybody else, speaks volumes about the validity of the entire class **~~very high risk with mediocre reward if you are very talented with fast reaction time~~**

Still will get dumped on by any engy , cause corona hits through evade haha lol

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> - It's a 900 range burst build that relies on high CD short duration effects blocks (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstoppable_Union and I delete any fresh air I encounter during matches, forcing some to not even leave their respawn as they would get send back easily with me sniping from 1200 range and you only have obsidian flesh to stop me...for 3s..and I have much more defense that you will ever have - last time I played I basically made @Maxater my personal toy for all match, totalising 12 kills just on him as he was playing fresh air ele)

> - has no stealth ( you must massively outplay any thief..so be like @"Phantaram.1265" or use your time decorating the respawn point)

> - has no crazy unblockable dmg ( dh can easily outsustain you, so does a chronomancer)

> - It's just a +1 build with little above average dmg on a sunny day ( a +1 role much more easily executed on virtually any other spec in game)

> - It has never been played into a serious tournament for more than couple of time back in 2013 by @Zoose

> - too much effort for the result

>

> I think people tend to confuse personal bias with factual utility of the spec....the total lack of eles in pvp respect to everybody else, speaks volumes about the validity of the entire class **very high risk with mediocre reward if you are very talented with fast reaction time**

Fresh Air ele became good when SCOURGE and SPELLBREAKER were introduced, which they fare very well against in small scale.

Soulbeast vs. Fresh Air Ele, two of the rarest and fringe viable professions, I wonder if they've even both ran into each other yet?

Core Fresh Air is a super good solo queue build, it does very well in a meta where there are tons of Scourges and Spellbreakers spam. Nobody said anything about a serious tournament, no Eles will be found there.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @Derps.7421 said:

> > > Fresh air weaver very very very strong spec and does well against everything minus thief and intep mirage.

> >

> > That is factually wrong. Until we get videos of Phanta running around on Fresh Air Weaver destroying other meta builds, you are wrong. No evidence supports your claim.

>

> Sword/Dagger weaver does ok against other meta builds, **lacks the punch usually**

This. If only Sword can get something that does any actual burst that can pressure enemies.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> Swapping from half attunement to full attunement should have no cooldown. That would make weaver way more fluid.

Sounds interesting.

> @bluri.2653 said:

> > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > hey at least u got some buffs, deadeye got bug fixes and a nerf xD

>

> Dont worry we have full potential now

It is so bad it is funny. I have to thank Anet though, they finally made me not care about match outcome so now i enjoy playing core build.

As for topic, i don't think weaver is that bad, i have seen people doing well on them, the issue is more of certain offenders being overtuned and needing some nerfing.

@"Maxater.9756" > @Kyon.9735 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @mysticsicness.7598 said:

> > > > @Derps.7421 said:

> > > > Fresh air weaver very very very strong spec and does well against everything minus thief and intep mirage.

> > >

> > > That is factually wrong. Until we get videos of Phanta running around on Fresh Air Weaver destroying other meta builds, you are wrong. No evidence supports your claim.

> >

> > Sword/Dagger weaver does ok against other meta builds, **lacks the punch usually**

>

> This. If only Sword can get something that does any actual burst that can pressure enemies.

>

> > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > Swapping from half attunement to full attunement should have no cooldown. That would make weaver way more fluid.

>

> Sounds interesting.

Can you effectively 1v1 any other proper bunkerish skirmisher defending a point?...**no you can't!** All you do is riptide away 90% of the time and given that this tactic keeps you alive long enough ( more than insta death ) the sword weaver is considered ok ...exactly what are you accomplishing?

-paid full price expansion to play a core ele with no dmg but with sword with couple dodges...yeah that's so bloody amazing, what an investment!

- you're a subpar skirmisher/roamer..,nobody is afraid of you , your dmg ( primordial stance or not) will kill no competent player ( above silver)

- yeah riptide animation is cool...sadly you can't kill anything with animations alone

It's 2017..4 years spent with the current "balance" team and people still assume an ele would get respectable dmg and sustain in the same spec...maybe like a druid..or maybe like a spellbreaker...hmmm...yeah gl with that...

Listen here my children If anet ( a miracle happens ) gives sword weaver a proper pressure toolkit...**can you guess what the same balance patch would contain alongside the buffs?**

-say goodbye to riptide ( some 10s increase because...or maybe 50% dmg on evasion time..or some other excuse to nerf it to the ground)

-say goodbye to earthen vortex

-ops now you have a core with sword doing dmg..but has no sustain....well you asked for dmg right?

For balance reasons and design integrity we can't have builds with dmg and sustain in the same package......yeah chronomancer, mirage, spellbreaker, core warrior, holosmith, druid ect etc...don't count, we all know why these classes can have the cake and eat it too right?...I know you all do, you are smart guys and can surely do 1+1

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @Arheundel.6451 said:

>

> > - It's a 900 range burst build that relies on high CD short duration effects blocks (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstoppable_Union and I delete any fresh air I encounter during matches, forcing some to not even leave their respawn as they would get send back easily with me sniping from 1200 range and you only have obsidian flesh to stop me...for 3s..and I have much more defense that you will ever have - last time I played I basically made @Maxater my personal toy for all match, totalising 12 kills just on him as he was playing fresh air ele)

> > - has no stealth ( you must massively outplay any thief..so be like @"Phantaram.1265" or use your time decorating the respawn point)

> > - has no crazy unblockable dmg ( dh can easily outsustain you, so does a chronomancer)

> > - It's just a +1 build with little above average dmg on a sunny day ( a +1 role much more easily executed on virtually any other spec in game)

> > - It has never been played into a serious tournament for more than couple of time back in 2013 by @Zoose

> > - too much effort for the result

> >

> > I think people tend to confuse personal bias with factual utility of the spec....the total lack of eles in pvp respect to everybody else, speaks volumes about the validity of the entire class **very high risk with mediocre reward if you are very talented with fast reaction time**

>

> Fresh Air ele became good when SCOURGE and SPELLBREAKER were introduced, which they fare very well against in small scale.

>

> Soulbeast vs. Fresh Air Ele, two of the rarest and fringe viable professions, I wonder if they've even both ran into each other yet?

>

> Core Fresh Air is a super good solo queue build, it does very well in a meta where there are tons of Scourges and Spellbreakers spam. Nobody said anything about a serious tournament, no Eles will be found there.

>

>

Super good in soloq...when it basically lose to every other "fringe" spec out there like soulbeast, revenant....that's a hell of a gamble you take there

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

>

> Super good in soloq...when it basically lose to every other "fringe" spec out there like soulbeast, revenant....that's a hell of a gamble you take there

Go to the 5 hour mark and just focus on how well Core Fresh Air Ele avoids damage and kites Scourges and Spellbreakers while dealing great damage. It's very effective. I think Phanta last season went like... 28 and 2 with it during Scourge and Spellbreaker spam? Listen to Phanta's commentary on the first few games at the 5 hour mark.

But I agree with the original idea Weaver is still not useful at something yet.

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> @"Maxater.9756" > @Kyon.9735 said:

> > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > @mysticsicness.7598 said:

> > > > > @Derps.7421 said:

> > > > > Fresh air weaver very very very strong spec and does well against everything minus thief and intep mirage.

> > > >

> > > > That is factually wrong. Until we get videos of Phanta running around on Fresh Air Weaver destroying other meta builds, you are wrong. No evidence supports your claim.

> > >

> > > Sword/Dagger weaver does ok against other meta builds, **lacks the punch usually**

> >

> > This. If only Sword can get something that does any actual burst that can pressure enemies.

> >

> > > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > > Swapping from half attunement to full attunement should have no cooldown. That would make weaver way more fluid.

> >

> > Sounds interesting.

>

> Can you effectively 1v1 any other proper bunkerish skirmisher defending a point?...**no you can't!** All you do is riptide away 90% of the time and given that this tactic keeps you alive long enough ( more than insta death ) the sword weaver is considered ok ...exactly what are you accomplishing?

> -paid full price expansion to play a core ele with no dmg but with sword with couple dodges...yeah that's so bloody amazing, what an investment!

> - you're a subpar skirmisher/roamer..,nobody is afraid of you , your dmg ( primordial stance or not) will kill no competent player ( above silver)

> - yeah riptide animation is cool...sadly you can't kill anything with animations alone

>

> It's 2017..4 years spent with the current "balance" team and people still assume an ele would get respectable dmg and sustain in the same spec...maybe like a druid..or maybe like a spellbreaker...hmmm...yeah gl with that...

>

> Listen here my children If anet ( a miracle happens ) gives sword weaver a proper pressure toolkit...**can you guess what the same balance patch would contain alongside the buffs?**

> -say goodbye to riptide ( some 10s increase because...or maybe 50% dmg on evasion time..or some other excuse to nerf it to the ground)

> -say goodbye to earthen vortex

> -ops now you have a core with sword doing dmg..but has no sustain....well you asked for dmg right?

>

> For balance reasons and design integrity we can't have builds with dmg and sustain in the same package......yeah chronomancer, mirage, spellbreaker, core warrior, holosmith, druid ect etc...don't count, we all know why these classes can have the cake and eat it too right?...I know you all do, you are smart guys and can surely do 1+1

**So negative** bro, is this supposed to be sarcasm? It ain't helping at all.

Sword Weaver has good sustain but lacks something to be able to put a decent amount of pressure to anything with an average condi cleanse. One guy states the obvious then you go loco.

Anet balancing has been abysmal over the past years, yeah I get that point. But Weavers asked for sword buffs like faster autos because of obvious reasons, **we got it**. Now it's clear as daylight that it isn't enough. Unless they tone down overtuned specs, the only thing you can ask for is to buff the spec. Now look at spellbreaker. It was definitely overtuned but they managed to nerf it to an arguably balanced state. Now they need to nerf other overtuned specs like FB, Scourge, etc.

Now, your main gripe is that if Sword damage gets buffed then its sustain needs to get nerfed. That's obviously the **correct way of balancing** technically speaking. But before we get there, sword needs to actually get buffed to the point that having that kind of sustain at the same time is OP. Who knows, Anet might even find a balance between offense and sustain comparable to a druid and warrior.

An argument on how long that will take is a whole different matter though.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > Weavers bought the xpac to play sword.

>

> I'm pretty sure they bought it to play a new spec, not a new weapon. And just like mentioned on another post, others of the new spec weapons aren't good either (Mirage Axe, Holosmith Sword, Soulbeast Dagger...)

I was planning to buy PoF purely for sword ele 'battlemage' but was completely underwhelmed during the preview test, and thief got rifle lol. If sword isn' t good then weaver is useless to me personally. Sucks because I even geared an ele in full ascended in preparation..

I bought PoF and resumed playing GW2 again after a 2 year break when I saw weaver. After a month of PvP/WvW I've given up on weaver and just started playing spellbreaker in PvP. I've even had far more success with core s/d thief than weaver. Currently my ele is just used for daily fractals and farming pips in WvW as it is my only character that is fully geared. sc/f core performs under average as a dps, tempest is completely outclassed by firebrand as a support, there is just no reason to play ele.

Edit: On a side note, weapon choice does not matter, they all suck for PvP. Staff zerker is viable for zergs in WvW, sc/f can 1 shot people but has too many weaknesses for me to bring into a game vs competent players.

> @ChivalrousKnight.7201 said:

> I bought PoF and resumed playing GW2 again after a 2 year break when I saw weaver. After a month of PvP/WvW I've given up on weaver and just started playing spellbreaker in PvP. I've even had far more success with core s/d thief than weaver. Currently my ele is just used for daily fractals and farming pips in WvW as it is my only character that is fully geared. sc/f core performs under average as a dps, tempest is completely outclassed by firebrand as a support, there is just no reason to play ele.

>

> Edit: On a side note, weapon choice does not matter, they all suck for PvP. Staff zerker is viable for zergs in WvW, sc/f can 1 shot people but has too many weaknesses for me to bring into a game vs competent players.

It seems like weaver is a hipster spec. When you want to be something else but good or viable :D

> @Interpretor.3091 said:

> Hey look at it this way, I don't even know how to play against or even beat a weaver because I have probably played against 5 of them total so...I guess you can use that to your advantage? :D

Only problem is going into fight you are in disadvantage :D

So I got PoF to play core ele and not Weaver?

That's absolute trash.

Glad a friend bought it for me this time because I would have been blazing. Ele is just in a damn dumpster right now. The hell I wanna play core ele? It's boring. Incredible boring. And anyone that has a brain can Dodge it's burst so incredibly easy I don't believe for a second that is 'super good'. Nah, a decent or competent player dunks on fresh air core eles, who are you even trying to fool at this point.