Character Creation need some Love

**Since the dawn of GW2 Character Creation has never got any update/overhaul whatsoever.** Pretty much everything else have.

I took a look at my mount and found out that it has far more delicate made details than my actual character! The detailed and expressful face looks awsome. The fur patterns among the new mounts are stunning. Even the horns in the Jackalope skin looks better than anything we charr have.

The furs in the mounts can usually be dyed in 3 channels (pattern, base color and chest). To get that as a charr would be a dream!

**Humans got an update to character Creation with PoF. I don't feel like waiting for another expansion to get that for charr (and the other races probably agree with me).**

**I'd like** (for charr since I only play that race) **:**

* **New horn designs**

* **New fur patterns with 3 choosable colors.**

* **Claws that matches the horn's color.**

* **New faces that are not locked behind Makeoverkits.**

* **New hairstyles that are not locked behind Makeover kits.**

What would **YOU** like for u'r favourite race?

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > @Frostfang.5109 said:

> > But it would be nice with something new - after 5 years....

>

> we do....in makeover kits. Which is really just your dilemma. There isn't an mmo that does what you want.

> The only thing that does need an update are the sliders/age

There are no new horns or fur patterns even there.

But, to say there has been _no_ updates to character creation just isn't true. _All_ races have received new hairstyles, new faces, new hair colors, new accessory colors, etc.

What you are really commenting on is that you want new horns/patterns/etc. for Charr, which is fine; no need to say nothing has happened in 5 years, though.

> @Frostfang.5109 said:

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > @Frostfang.5109 said:

> > > But it would be nice with something new - after 5 years....

> >

> > we do....in makeover kits. Which is really just your dilemma. There isn't an mmo that does what you want.

> > The only thing that does need an update are the sliders/age

>

> There are no new horns or fur patterns even there.

Just the same as there are no asura ears or patterns and Norn tattoos. You very rarely see any of that. It has no selling point, unlike hair and faces. Its not as important as you make it out to be

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> But, to say there has been _no_ updates to character creation just isn't true. _All_ races have received new hairstyles, new faces, new hair colors, new accessory colors, etc.

>

> What you are really commenting on is that you want new horns/patterns/etc. for Charr, which is fine; no need to say nothing has happened in 5 years, though.

Ok lets correct myself. No racial features. Only humans got that.

Non-humans are definitely overdue for some new options to get parity with the extensive, high-quality and freely available update that humans got for PoF. There were very valid both in-game and out-of-game reason why the introduction of Elonian features was needed and overdue, but at the same time it widened the gap between humans and the rest. And humans were undeniably the devs' pets when it comes to customization even before that, given the amount of human-themed gear compared to everyone else.

Half a dozen new equally high-quality faces (distinct ones, not three copies of the same one just with slight variations) and hairstyles for the non-humans would go a long way.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> I do agree.

> I see the total makeover/hairstyle as something to redo your character, but would be nice to have all the option at the moment of the creation!

or atleast after a time that they get added to the creation, so that the newest are still only available through the kits, but they become available after the next batch of costumization options have been released

The reason humans got an update is that ANet had to create new assets for the Crystal Desert. They had two choices:

* Be fair to the four other races and leave out the assets (for humans).

* Be kind to humans and release those assets for character creation.

They aren't putting resources into character creation; they just decided that it would be a waste to not offer (for free) what was already available in the game.

I'm all in favor of updating character creation to fit the current game, but let's try not to justify on the basis of the new faces from PoF for humans only.

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > @Frostfang.5109 said:

> > But it would be nice with something new - after 5 years....

>

> we do....in makeover kits. Which is really just your dilemma. There isn't an mmo that does what you want.

> The only thing that does need an update are the sliders/age

There are plenty of MMO's that add new hairs / faces to the character creator. Off the top of my head, FFXIV adds tons of new hairs / faces for free all the time. Also, I think WoW added a lot of new hairs to their base creation (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

There should be base upgrades, however - there were for humans. I totally agree with the OP. There should be more updated models for the character creator. A few new hairstyles, maybe 1 or 2 new faces. Definitely a couple new body builds (I'm looking at you human female regular body that looks like it's hiding a family of skritt as soon as they put on a skirt). I don't mind there being premium face / hairs / etc behind kits, but they should offer a couple new options in the character creator every once and a while.

Also, that's not to say what we do have isn't done well. The artists put in an enormous amount of work and time and it shows. However, after 5 years, for sure there should be some attention added to the base components of this game, including the character creator.

@"TheUndefined.1720" ..... I play WoW, and yes, they did have new hairdos added to the in-game barbershops, but they stopped doing that just after Cataclysm is released. With the release of Warlords of Draenor, they had released new character models. With the new models, NO new hairstyles were added.

EDIT: However, during character creation itself, there have NEVER been new hairstyles added. Not in ANY expansion.

I think the character creator itself could use a few more options, such as the ability to save your appearance. I agree that we should have a few new default options, but I also really wish they would do some other things like make more hair unisex and, for example, add the syvlari women's body types to the human femme selection as I hate the body type selection for humans.

The only complaint I have about character creation is that so few Sylvari faces are viable. Most are so awful that if you make more than a couple of Sylvari toons you'll end up duplicating. Color options help, but why not improve some of those designs?

I also like your idea of 3-channel Charr patterns.