Remove shield gens

Mrs Qurly.9372

> @Cerby.1069 said:

> Being able to toss disables onto generators if you are standing within the bubble would (or like right next to the gen) solve the friggin problem. Sadly anet lacks the programming power to do anything useful.

There are some mobs in the expansion maps that actually does that. Can’t range outside of its bubble, but can hit when inside. Not saying it’s not a coupled feature that can be applied quickly to anything, just saying it does seem to have that capability.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> Shield generators removed the only way that small groups could fend off blobs trying to karma-train.

Now, you know why PORTABLE CANONS are needed : they were useful to take out shields on ramed gates : in 3hits aoe canons would hit shields under self protected bubble : this was the main reason why portable canons should have been implemented IG and people with half a brain knew it. Keep shields bring back portable canons. TYVM

You can still kill siege inside a bubble. You just have to commit suicide to damage the siege. Instead of standing on the walls and waving at the enemy whilst the wall/gate goes down. Act fast, rather than stand there and wait.

It seems the real issue is people are afraid of having their pixels hurt......

> @Lahmia.2193 said:

> Keep for both or remove totally. Else you'll just get a defensive power creep.

No. Defensive Power Creep is nonsense that doesn't exist.

I think shield gens should remain because there's no point deleting them from the game when they're already in. It would be wasteful.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @DemonSeed.3528 said:

> > f2p/core/pof users can't use them anyway. I was surprised they did not introduce a pof only siege.

>

> They can't? I'm pretty sure the only thing you cannot get is their mastery but you can use the siege itself.

Trust me, they can't. My core account couldn't until I upgraded to hot, and my other account with POF only can't either. You can deploy/build/refresh but if you try interact you only get the skills but are unable to use any of them. Shield gens have only been a hot exclusive thing just like gliding. I guess this is why they decided not to add a pof-only siege (or maybe they will) as this would even further the disparity between all. On another note they should probably work on giving shield gen participation for those defending.

In the current state... if you are trying to take a tower .. especially tier 3.. arrow carts inside the tower will be dominate since there is really no protection besides catapult bubbles, and those don't even last that long. Without shield gens, you would just be under heavy AC fire.

Most people having trouble with shield gens need to learn how to counter them. Even a self shielding gen can be disabled, if you throw the disabler just outside the bubble. This is a job for your stealth professions. Stop trying to claim they are unfair when you haven't even bothered to learn how to properly deal with them.

The last thing we want is for things to be easier to defend. T3 structures, especially those with a shitton of siege, are cancer and not fun.

Offensive bubbles are one of maybe two viable options for breaking through an upgraded structure in under an hour -- the other being lucky enough to ninja down a wall or two. Well placed defensive siege is just simply not destroyable.

Incidentally I've seen catapults disabled from the inside of their bubbles -- not sure if that works on shield gen bubbles. I'm all for active counterplay.

~ Kovu

> @Kovu.7560 said:

> The last thing we want is for things to be easier to defend. T3 structures, especially those with a shitton of siege, are cancer and not fun.

> Offensive bubbles are one of maybe two viable options for breaking through an upgraded structure in under an hour -- the other being lucky enough to ninja down a wall or two. Well placed defensive siege is just simply not destroyable.

>

> Incidentally I've seen catapults disabled from the inside of their bubbles -- not sure if that works on shield gen bubbles. I'm all for active counterplay.

>

> ~ Kovu

I concede that if a fortification is difficult to assault when it is defended by very few players, the attacking side can feel extremely frustrated.

This said, we must face reality and the reality is that a proper bubble rotation using two superior shield generators close to a gate are nigh impossible to destroy when defended by the large attacking force*.

* **The problem is that the bubbles from superior shield generators are able to include themselves. Meaning that disabling the shield generators isn't an option. This is bad design and should be looked at** (when testing, please place shield generators next to a tower, I think the people operating them are placing the bubble part way up the wall or somesuch).

It's not the worst thing in WvW because when a giant enemy zerg comes to your structures, it's usually game, set and match anyway and they don't usually set up shield generators unless they expect to cap it before a defending zerg arrives.

*unless literally everybody in the large force is completely asleep. This very occasionally happens and is important that I therefore add this caveat.