How happy are you with Guild Wars 2 right now?

I am mostly unhappy with this game at the moment. The lack of buffs for Rifle for Deadeye and the mount lootbox has put a sour taste in my mouth about the game. I am stuck here for the time being until I can find another non-p2w game that has a gunslinger class that allows both dual pistols and rifle like the Deadeye offers.

I am also tired of GW2 being melee centric with A-net not buffing ranged weapons to where they should be just because it might effect the over abundance of melee only builds. There is nothing wrong with ranged weapons being powerful, but it doesn't matter at this point. It's all deaf ears.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm mostly happy.

What I want to think this game is perfect:

* New zones to have larger meta events

* Guilds need more love -- guild vs. guild PvP/Activities, more missions, extra levels, more crafting, and perks/buffs for playing together, etc.

* Fun PvP modes like those I used to enjoy in WoW -- 10v10 Warsong Gulch (capture the flag), 15v15 Arathi Basin (control points), and so on.

* The person who voices Norn Females to never do VA for this game again.

* Build/Skill/Weapon/Armor Templates

* Marriage w/ Spousal Skills

What I like:

* This game is the most economical game on earth. There is a low investment for entry, the expansions are priced very well (now, not during HoT days), and there isn't a subscription fee.

* The gem store is great and I like that I can convert Gold to Gems.

* The music is amazing

* I really enjoy the art style of the UI, environments and character models

* Combat is really fun. Loving my new megaburn Firebrand.

* The lack of level increases and the concept of 'horizontal progression'

* Mounts are more than just speed boosts

* Lots of customization options for your character model and armors

* Underwater combat is pretty good

* Jumping Puzzles and all the other random discoveries you can make -- whether it's just a small cave with some bandits, a floating sand highway with a chest at the end, or some complex jumping puzzle that requires problem-solving and precise jumps... the level of exploration in this game is off the charts. I tell friends to play it like Skyrim -- just pick a direction and head that way. You'll be bound to find something interesting.

* The QoL improvements and features are great. I feel like this game tries to respect my time as a player.

* The Achievement UI and Collections

> @Fawx.9064 said:

> > @Vayne.8563 said:

> > > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > > I was in the mostly happy category this time last week, but the Mount Skins thing put me in a bad mood. I still think most of the game is in a good place, which is why I didn't want to say that I was "mostly unhappy," but they NEED to do something about the 30 skins locked behind the gambling box before I would consider giving them any more money.

> >

> > See I don't get this at all. A company makes a bad decision. It's ONE bad decision. It doesn't effectively change the game because a couple of weeks ago none of these mount skin exists. And it changes the entire game for people, even though they were playing happily without those skins, even though they don't need those skins to play the game, and even though more skins will be coming in the future.

> >

> > The game is the same game. The company either made a mistep, or people are expecting too much from a five year old game with declining monthly revenues that wants to keep providing content.

> >

> > Last week I was mostly happy and this week I don't like how they're selling mount skins so it's all gone to kitten. This, to me, is a perspective issue.

> >

>

> Here is the thing. It has nothing to do with the skins. It has to do with the fact that in 1 day we went from 5 mount skins, released with a festival, to 36 mount skins, all available in the cash shop only.

>

> It would be nice to be rewarded for completing content instead of being rewarded for farming gold.

>

> Some of those skins are kitten lazy re-textures. They could have easily have been added as collections/achievements.

>

> In releasing the mount pack, Anet made their stance very clear. We will not get mount skins by playing the game. We will get mount skins by farming gold or swiping a card.

>

> Inbefore “farming is playing” - don’t be thick. They aren’t the same thing.

And we didn't get glider skins by playing the game either. So?

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> > @Fawx.9064 said:

> > > @Vayne.8563 said:

> > > > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > > > I was in the mostly happy category this time last week, but the Mount Skins thing put me in a bad mood. I still think most of the game is in a good place, which is why I didn't want to say that I was "mostly unhappy," but they NEED to do something about the 30 skins locked behind the gambling box before I would consider giving them any more money.

> > >

> > > See I don't get this at all. A company makes a bad decision. It's ONE bad decision. It doesn't effectively change the game because a couple of weeks ago none of these mount skin exists. And it changes the entire game for people, even though they were playing happily without those skins, even though they don't need those skins to play the game, and even though more skins will be coming in the future.

> > >

> > > The game is the same game. The company either made a mistep, or people are expecting too much from a five year old game with declining monthly revenues that wants to keep providing content.

> > >

> > > Last week I was mostly happy and this week I don't like how they're selling mount skins so it's all gone to kitten. This, to me, is a perspective issue.

> > >

> >

> > Here is the thing. It has nothing to do with the skins. It has to do with the fact that in 1 day we went from 5 mount skins, released with a festival, to 36 mount skins, all available in the cash shop only.

> >

> > It would be nice to be rewarded for completing content instead of being rewarded for farming gold.

> >

> > Some of those skins are kitten lazy re-textures. They could have easily have been added as collections/achievements.

> >

> > In releasing the mount pack, Anet made their stance very clear. We will not get mount skins by playing the game. We will get mount skins by farming gold or swiping a card.

> >

> > Inbefore “farming is playing” - don’t be thick. They aren’t the same thing.

>

> And we didn't get glider skins by playing the game either. So?

I agree with your point. Before HoT I don't recall many, if any, outfits for playing... and we didn't get harvesting tools or copper-fed/silver-fed salvage kits. Really there isn't much in the cash shop that we can earn by playing... is there?

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> > @Fawx.9064 said:

> > > @Vayne.8563 said:

> > > > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > > > I was in the mostly happy category this time last week, but the Mount Skins thing put me in a bad mood. I still think most of the game is in a good place, which is why I didn't want to say that I was "mostly unhappy," but they NEED to do something about the 30 skins locked behind the gambling box before I would consider giving them any more money.

> > >

> > > See I don't get this at all. A company makes a bad decision. It's ONE bad decision. It doesn't effectively change the game because a couple of weeks ago none of these mount skin exists. And it changes the entire game for people, even though they were playing happily without those skins, even though they don't need those skins to play the game, and even though more skins will be coming in the future.

> > >

> > > The game is the same game. The company either made a mistep, or people are expecting too much from a five year old game with declining monthly revenues that wants to keep providing content.

> > >

> > > Last week I was mostly happy and this week I don't like how they're selling mount skins so it's all gone to kitten. This, to me, is a perspective issue.

> > >

> >

> > Here is the thing. It has nothing to do with the skins. It has to do with the fact that in 1 day we went from 5 mount skins, released with a festival, to 36 mount skins, all available in the cash shop only.

> >

> > It would be nice to be rewarded for completing content instead of being rewarded for farming gold.

> >

> > Some of those skins are kitten lazy re-textures. They could have easily have been added as collections/achievements.

> >

> > In releasing the mount pack, Anet made their stance very clear. We will not get mount skins by playing the game. We will get mount skins by farming gold or swiping a card.

> >

> > Inbefore “farming is playing” - don’t be thick. They aren’t the same thing.

>

more than 10 characters.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

So Anet dropped the ball twice ?

I mean what more do you want to say about it. There's a distinct lack of long term goals, be it Armor/Skins etc... that can be earned via playing.

At the end of the day, it's a game. The shop being poorly utilized to ship content that could be put into the game doesn't excuse the game having a very poorly managed endgame.

Having played five characters at release to 80, all of which I deleted on returning to the game, I can't help but compare the game the way it was to the way it is now. I currently have three level 80 characters, one level 78 character, one level 67 character, and one new character I just started (Revenant class that I wanted to try) and I keep being disappointed with the state of the game. Not the bugs (there really aren't that many), but the dumbing down of the game that has obviously occurred to push players into "endgame"... except there is no endgame.

The game appears to be tailored currently for twelve-year old kids in grandma's basement using the credit card filched out of mommy's purse.

I'd be happier if they brought back Gem Store armor skins more often and if we finally got less buttcapes because every new PoF armor has a kitten buttcape... I've been wearing the same stuff for 5 years. :( Also, I want new map-wide meta events and player housing. Other than that, I'm happy because HoT metas and SW are not dead, my Engi build is not ruined by Anet (yet) so I got that going for me which is nice...

Mostly happy, but still frustrated.

I love Elona. Nightfall was my favorite area of the first GW cause our character had friends travelling with them for the first time. The Sunspears we're a desert version of the Musketeers and I adored it. I feel like this expansion did really well with the lore and showing the consequences of the first get storyline.

As far as frustration, really wish the mount skin situation was done better. Really needs a combo of really nice pricy ones, good mid ground cost ones (about glider skin prices), and cheaper random (still specific to mount type). Plus there should be at least one 4 dye slot one that can be earned in game from doing achievements (can be super hard task that must be done on that mount, hard is good).

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> I am currently only logging in to do the dailies, then log out again. Has been like that for a while. If it wasn't for the habit, I wouldn't log in at all. Very bored with the game.

This.

I log in to collect my daily bouncy-chest and see if any noobs want help learning fractals (one of the only things I still like doing). Otherwise, I'm out in under 10 mins. Has been this way for months now.

> @Erasculio.2914 said:

> We are in a pivotal moment of Guild Wars 2's history - a few weeks after the release of the game's second expansion, which has received pretty good reviews and appears to have a better reception by the playerbase than the first expansion. Despite ArenaNet's shenanigans with the mount skins, it appears to be a successful time for them. With that in mind, IMO it's a great time to see how happy the forum community is with the game. So, without further ado...

I used to be really happy with this game. When I started playing, it was the game about "play your own way" and I really liked it. I enjoyed the Living World but was sad that when a section was finished it went away so if I missed it I could never experience it. Anet changed that which was great by me.

I started getting unhappy with Dry Top and the platforming. I was EXTREMELY unhappy with HoT for the platforming, confusing maps, and punishing mobs. I was relieved when LW season 3 started as I liked those maps much better. I was VERY unhappy with the whole Balthazar story. I thought it was far fetched and felt forced. I continue to be unhappy with what Anet has done with the Gods. These beings who cared enough about Humans to bring them to a whole new planet and live there with them now abandoned Humans without warning them about destroying the dragons, doing something better about locking up a maniacal Balthazar so someone couldn't accidentally unlock him, doing something about Dhuum who is likely also to escape, etc. I really liked the PoF maps except for the metas.

So while I loved GW2 at the beginning, there has been a series of disappointments after Dry Top. The PoF maps started to bring my estimation of GW2 back up, but now 30 out of 36 mount skins being locked in a lootbox, and the knowledge that Anet will be adding more lootboxes have practically negated my goodwill from the PoF maps.

The one-two-three punch of the the "balance" patch doing exactly nothing to make deadeye/rifle more user-friendly and/or competitive in PVE, the mount loot box scam, and then the Anet official response of "We didn't think you guys would be this mad about how much we tried to extort out of you, but we're leaving the system as-is because it's your fault that you can't appreciate what we've done, but we'll try not to gouge you like this again in the immediate future" has hit me pretty hard.

Deadeye's rifle was the thing I was most looking forward to (besides mounts) and it feels unusable in PVE. Then the move to RNG monetization and exploitation of the playerbase by making people buy random skins that they don't want and won't use in the hopes of randomly buying the thing they actually want completely killed my desire to play. I've logged in a little the past week, mostly just to knock out some dailies or triple trouble for easy gold, but I'm now struggling to do even that. I've been considering firing my XIV subscription back up, there's a whole new expansion pack I can dabble with (and apparently it has content worth repeating) and I at least know exactly what I'm getting for my money.

I had been playing at least an hour or two every single night prior to the balance+scam patch, but, yeah, the wind is completely gone from my GW2 sails now.

i was between mostly happy and more or less happy... wouldve chosen mostly happy if the mounts fiasco didnt left me with such a bad aftertaste.

the maps are great to explore and just wander and i get a lot of fun playing the classes and the elite specs (both hot and pof). Also find fashion wars 2 quite compelling.

On the other hand i hate playing inventory wars 2, but with pof we got some sincere upgrades to the inventory that have made it way more enjoyable. really hope that unidentified items manage to make their way into other sections of the game like HOT and vanilla.

I´m... not too hot on the main instanced plotline and the "commander" is my number one personal enemy, but i have enjoyed a lot the maps stories and the events stories , ironically i think that i prefer the time gated events of hot rather than the repeat every few minutes events of pof, and i really enjoyed the storytelling in the metas in HOT. but im loving doing the gryphon quests and enjoying the characters and events (have been taking them slowly, considering the big gold grind)

now that i feel a better grip on some particular classes and finally got myself a configuration which i can use action camera and have the whole skills keys in a a confortable manner, i'm missing a good and convenient way to store builds and armor skins.

I also wish they would do an overhaul to emotes, new playable races, fix underwater combat and fix god damn hair eating hats withouth having to resort to a wig (swaggering hat), more gamemodes for sPvP (but with the flop of conquest... hard) and more major cities (amoon is cool though). but i can understand that the time is short and the resources arent wow. I also would love some more new festivals with the quality level of halloween, but thats also ton of work.

I wonder if small but resource consuming projects as hair and hats, overhauling emotes, and capes and cloaks could be done by parallel teams run by resources from crowdfundings in a way that doesnt drain resources from the main team. i know i would pay some dollars (Underline COUPLE, im not as rich as some of the pro mounts sounded ) to be able to have stuff like hoods and long hair, and a crowfunding means that such an overhaul could be easily implemented into vanilla withouth a paywall...

on the other hand what really bugged me me of the mounts is that outside of a timed expensive package (halloween mounts) and a REALLY expensive unique mount, we dont have alternative to the rng. at least not right now. and since unless you pay A LOT you dont have a way to know how much it gonna cost a mount you are satisfied with, this doesnt feels like a upfront deal but a shady business which i simply dont enjoy. At least with black lion chests and dyes you have alternatives (there are

As long as Gold for gems at a reasonable exchange rate exists (both conditions are important), I'm happy. The thing with mount skins loot-boxes was that it made said exchange rate hard to evaluate for this gem item specifically, I saw a lot of people evaluate the price of those skins but the truth is it's impossible to evaluate it, because random lul. Reaction was overblown though, but it's internet, what did I expect?

But still, I'm really satisfied with the development of the game since Living World Season 3 : steady flow of content, not too fast, not too slow, with maps to explore. Story could be better but ho well, seeing the Commander kicking every villain's kitten one by one is kinda fun.

I am mostly happy. Of course there are several things I do not like much or would like to see modified. That's normal. I will not start the list of them. I will just explain rapidly.

I am a veteran player with a busy real life. Thanks to my limited playing time, the amount of things I still have to do is enormous. When I open my hero box, I keep being amazed at the amount undone tasks and their variety, still ahead of me. The second effect of my lack of time is that I need to set priorities: I select what I prefer! So, all in all, I very rarely do something I do not like (only if mandatory to my progression, what remains sporadic). As weird as it can sound, I am in a certain way protected by my lack of time! =)

As for what I do not like, I would say that there are mainly two types of things:

- Game content: Of course, there are things I dislike. But, since I select to do only what I like, and let the rest aside, it does not disturb me.

- Game play: I am mostly annoyed by little things, that seem peanuts at first look, but become irritating in the day to day playing because constantly there. Two examples (non exhaustive): That leaves don't turn transparent and obstruct view (in reality, we would push them away right?) and that pets are never really turned off and respawn at every map travelling and/or every jump with damage upon landing. I would expect them to respawn only for combat.

Aside of those two points, there are other things I do not like, like the gambling aspect of certain BL items and such. But for me, those things are not mandatory to game play, so if I don't like, I simply don't touch, as easy as that. Typically, I will not bang my head on the table for a skin.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > I was in the mostly happy category this time last week, but the Mount Skins thing put me in a bad mood. I still think most of the game is in a good place, which is why I didn't want to say that I was "mostly unhappy," but they NEED to do something about the 30 skins locked behind the gambling box before I would consider giving them any more money.

>

> See I don't get this at all. A company makes a bad decision. It's ONE bad decision. It doesn't effectively change the game because a couple of weeks ago none of these mount skin exists. And it changes the entire game for people, even though they were playing happily without those skins, even though they don't need those skins to play the game, and even though more skins will be coming in the future.

>

> The game is the same game. The company either made a mistep, or people are expecting too much from a five year old game with declining monthly revenues that wants to keep providing content.

>

> Last week I was mostly happy and this week I don't like how they're selling mount skins so it's all gone to kitten. This, to me, is a perspective issue.

>

> A company does thousands of things right, does a handful of things wrong and the community is ready to bring out the pitchforks. I'm really glad I'm not a game developer.

It's not "One bad decision" - There's a lot wrong with the game - missed potential, irritations, and just a lot of garbage in general, and the Mount Skin fiasco, and whatever the hell the developers were thinking going with it all tarnish the game.

Glider skins don't get the same amount of hate because every single one of them is an outrageous novelty - the basic glider, as ugly and simple as it is, is unique in its design (Should have had another dye channel, though). The 30 new mount skins from the box, however, are grounded in the world (Mostly), and could have been a way to put Guild Wars 2's prestige on the WoW/FFXIV end of the MMO spectrum, instead of the "Free to Play Garbage" end.

For me, the whole mount thing of last week is still a little on the fresh side. That's unlikely to change, because it's the first time I had such a visceral reaction to one of Anet's actions (previously I've been Grr! and Rawr! over how players treat other players, but never had that with Anet themselves), and on top of that they messed around with my Reaper shroud (Yes! It's mine! My preciousss!) at the same time, so my good will is rather lessened that perhaps it could've been. It'll take time and Anet steering to the correct course to see if that good will comes back (and shroud as it was. Wah).

When I used to work in the complaints section of a telephone/broadband service company, we used to do these little things called "good will gestures" when it was recognised we'd kittened up, and we wanted to retain the customer. Now, I don't demand cash throw-outs, or a supplemental gems or whatever; instead I expect Anet to make better customer-focused decisions in the future, and not caving into industry pressures over unsavoury practices like loot boxes. As in, it's quite possible to make a profit without exploiting the customer in any way. Only then would I move up to the mostly happy box from the so-so box.

In addition, there's so much more they could do to make the game more disabled player-friendly. I know on my end more forgiving story combat (or, I don't know, putting reaper shroud back as it was. Wah) or even better, the ability to finely tune just how much whizz-bang-flash noise I want on my screen would be a godsend (as an photo-sensitive epileptic person, I can say it'd be as good as giving the game back to me in certain circumstances, e.g. bounties, south lane of Dragon's Stand, Cathedral of Zephyrs meta event and so on). I urge Anet to reach out to disabled players to make this work.

And more armours in-game, either through basic crafting or regular drops. I'm not asking for all the crazy spikes and over-designed stuff here, just simple items with parity between genders, and a varied yet thoughtful approach.

There's more stuff that gets my goat, but I still logged in yesterday to do a little gentle map completion (core world only*, tbh), and I had fun doing that. This game is still the game for me in that sense. It is hard when it feels like almost every new addition moves away from that, however.

* for some reason, HoT (and some parts of the PoF) maps affect my eyes quite badly - I have dry eyes, and those maps make them even more dry! I think it's because of all the concentrating and perhaps I'm not blinking as much as I need to. Technically, I don't find the mobs difficult and I love the maps, but if I go to them and play too long, I may end up with headaches, rather painful eyes and having to take a few days "off" from the game (and any other game), just to give my eyes a chance to recover. Core maps don't do this, so it makes it more relaxing and arguably healthy for me. I have a full stock of eye drops and eye gel just in case I get an itch for the Auric Basin meta, mind. =)

Their attempts to shake up the meta by continuously nerfing popular classes and builds instead of working towards bringing every other class on par in strenght and utility with said popular classes doesnt really please me. I really wanted to like holosmith and renegade but instead of giving some quality of life buffs and unique utility to them better nerf warrior some more and make druid a might stacking bot. Im tired of having to waste gold 3 times a yea9r to change my builds because they cant balance the game.

Also im still waiting for lw season 4 announcement. I remember them saying they wouldnt take a long break like with lw3. They would calculate how long it would take the average person to finish pof story so they can release content without spoilers they said. I say 2 months is more than enough since the story was small and half the quests where fetching stuff and doing busywork on the map like collecting info by doing renown hearts or hearing vlast memories and stuff. PoF has 0 replayability for their maps and metas that dont have unique rewards like HoT

Im mostly unhappy.

There are less and less rewards to be earned ingame cosmetically, as a consequence of having the gem store shoved down our throats. I like cosmetic only gemstore policy, but not when it directly affects what we can earn in game. (core mount dye channels. Only 3 armor sets in pof ect)

The story is a mess. Inconsistencies all over and written entirely from a human perspective with mostly unlikable characters IMO. Also STILL no S1 which leaves a huge hole.

The gem store sales tactics of RNG lootboxes are getting worse and worse and I cant afford to buy the things i like, nor do I want to gamble for them.

Dungeons are still dead content and fractals are releasing FAR too slow. Since this is the main content I enjoy it really kills my enjoyment of the game. Content I enjoyed in the past like festival of the four winds and SAB have also been abandoned leaving just open world. This gets frequent updates but the actual content is shallow and has no replay-ability.

PVP is also a mess with far too few resources dedicated to it to ever have a hope of turning it into something decent. WVW is still enjoyable but gets no development.

Balance patches are far too infrequent and are honestly amateurish and make anet look bad imo.

They also have shown 0 williness to fix ANY of these issues and most seem to only be going to get worse. While I really enjoy some parts of the game which keeps me still playing, overall these core problems make me feel GW2 is just disappointing.