The Hard Truth in wvw

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> =) why assume it will end bad when it was good before.

Because the development teams and publisher of GW2 have completely changed their mindsets, and tactics for monetizing the gamemode. Thus the proliferation of server stacking K-Training guilds. And the mass reduction of most if not all fight oriented guilds and players.

>

> fight for your server. for your allies. and money source for anet is from the pve guys.

Nice joke here. Like myself there are many who don't even have a server. We are just mercenaries fighting for other players servers.

>

> players do not transfer every week.

No they don't much any more since many of them opened their eyes. To glimpse the truth of the matter. Also ANet has pretty much locked most of the host servers leaving players to bandwagon to nameless servers.

A tournament would do nothing to reinforce players to mass organize a bandwagon to one or two of the nameless servers in order to stack it for a nearly free win. Should a tournament occur in the future which the current WvW system in place. You can expect mass transfers from the likes we haven't seen in a while.

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> open up the closed servers.

No. None of your points offer much value towards this notion at all.

> =) he who is skilled will adapt and make things work.

No. The ability to adapt has limitations. Untill you can personally adapt your body to lift a 77 Chevrolet long bed pick up over your head with those noodly arms of yours, the player base cannot adapt to the current meta to a level that will demonstrate a universal enjoyment of it among the player base.

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> While there are build diversity, which includes sigils runes food composition using the meta. Player skill is > than others, which is how it ought to be.

>

> So people qq about scourge pirateship boons spams, warrior scourge etc. its the team that plays behind it that.makes it effective.

>

> factor it the raid lead skill and his strategy as well as how responsive the team is. include isp, connection computer specs.

>

> some will always be better than others.

>

> so you cant really balance wvw based on playtime or population alone or points.

>

> allow transfers.

>

> return wvw tournaments and let the game begin.

I was looking for the "Hard Truth" but I found a bunch of subjective stuff that was haphazardly trying to support open servers and tournaments. RIP my 15 seconds I'll never get back.

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> While there are build diversity, which includes sigils runes food composition using the meta. Player skill is > than others, which is how it ought to be.

>

> So people qq about scourge pirateship boons spams, warrior scourge etc. its the team that plays behind it that.makes it effective.

>

> factor it the raid lead skill and his strategy as well as how responsive the team is. include isp, connection computer specs.

>

> some will always be better than others.

>

> so you cant really balance wvw based on playtime or population alone or points.

>

> allow transfers.

>

> return wvw tournaments and let the game begin.

'Too Many High Hopes'

'Too Many Disappointments'

that's the hard truth Sovereign

> @coglin.1496 said:

> > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > open up the closed servers.

>

> No. None of your points offer much value towards this notion at all.

>

>

> > =) he who is skilled will adapt and make things work.

>

> No. The ability to adapt has limitations. Untill you can personally adapt your body to lift a 77 Chevrolet long bed pick up over your head with those noodly arms of yours, the player base cannot adapt to the current meta to a level that will demonstrate a universal enjoyment of it among the player base.

>

>

>

>

yes it does.

yes i is limited to the fame mechanics which has nothing to do with that analogy.

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > @Svarty.8019 said:

> > > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > > > @Offair.2563 said:

> > > > What is it with you and your obsession with tourneys. Every donkey knows its pointless in current setup and does more harm then good.

> > >

> > > To give wvw a purpose. =)

> > We already have THAT purpose. Tournaments were a proven fail, the only good thing that came out of them was the limited use finishers that should have been re-used by Anet imo.

>

> for now there is no meaning to wvw.

>

> tourneys were the best time wvw had. =)

The meaning is to win the week, and tournaments won't come back because Anet said tournaments forced a noticeable number of players to quit the game entirely due to burnout.

Players did play long hours during the tourneys but that's not what drove a lot away. It was all the glaring imbalances and lag (that people noticed and became irritated with during the tourneys) that turned people off after the first tourney. It was real frustrating when you are about to cap SMC or (insert objective) and lag comes in and no skills happens for minutes then you find out your dead and it just so happened the lag gods favored one of the other sides., and when that happens over and over in a competition people get real upset. Most of the people that quit the game cause of lag are long gone but I remember that being a big factor and causing double digits of players from a couple guilds I played for to quit. So yes technically Anet is correct in saying that tourneys resulted in player loss but that isn't the WHOLE truth. :)

> @Crazy.6029 said:

> Players did play long hours during the tourneys but that's not what drove a lot away. It was all the glaring imbalances and lag (that people noticed and became irritated with during the tourneys) that turned people off after the first tourney. It was real frustrating when you are about to cap SMC or (insert objective) and lag comes in and no skills happens for minutes then you find out your dead and it just so happened the lag gods favored one of the other sides., and when that happens over and over in a competition people get real upset. Most of the people that quit the game cause of lag are long gone but I remember that being a big factor and causing double digits of players from a couple guilds I played for to quit. So yes technically Anet is correct in saying that tourneys resulted in player loss but that isn't the WHOLE truth. :)

And yet we've witnessed more players quit WvW during the first year of HoT. Then in all of the WvW tournaments combined. It's pretty clear that balance, automatic wins and loses. Was the reason most players ever leave WvW mostly balance issues.

I expect yet another WvW exodus with in the next as summer 2018 nears. Players can only take but some much abuse for so long. Before they start weighing the options.

And in this case from a RvR/PvP player standpoint. the only thing that GW2 has going for it. Is that you can effortlessly be good as other players. Because GW2 has very little gear and skill requirements. You can stop playing GW2 come back in like 2 years pick up the latest expansion and be just as good as when you left. That and the fact GW2 is F2P/ borderline P2W in WvW. Due to the way ANet runs the server status/transfer system.

> @Crazy.6029 said:

> Players did play long hours during the tourneys but that's not what drove a lot away. It was all the glaring imbalances and lag (that people noticed and became irritated with during the tourneys) that turned people off after the first tourney. It was real frustrating when you are about to cap SMC or (insert objective) and lag comes in and no skills happens for minutes then you find out your dead and it just so happened the lag gods favored one of the other sides., and when that happens over and over in a competition people get real upset. Most of the people that quit the game cause of lag are long gone but I remember that being a big factor and causing double digits of players from a couple guilds I played for to quit. So yes technically Anet is correct in saying that tourneys resulted in player loss but that isn't the WHOLE truth. :)

we still have those without the tourney. :/ so why not return tourneys hehe

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > winning the week has no meaning now.

> >

> > players quit now for whatever reason. players rest then come back

>

> So to fix this, you're going to get them to quit permanently. K.

or the opposite. they will play more because it has meaning by tournaments. Glory of being no.1 =)

> @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > > winning the week has no meaning now.

> > >

> > > players quit now for whatever reason. players rest then come back

> >

> > So to fix this, you're going to get them to quit permanently. K.

>

> or the opposite. they will play more because it has meaning by tournaments. Glory of being no.1 =)

And how do you suppose some server become number one, when?

- Their servers are lock and still have 2 to 3 times less coverage than other servers.

- They are faced with the outnumbered buff 50% of the week in WvW.

- They are a link server.

I understand what you are trying to do. Get one last hooray for your ego. But at the moment the current structure and mechanics of WvW just don't support your ideal.

Wvw will keep losing people as long as anet keeps buffing classes instead of having a power creep/nerf. While I fully agree skill>class, I'd like to mention that meta came in to a place where most classes doesnt really require any brain to use if you ar in blob, THAT IS NOT COMPETITIVE .

Having tourneys back at this point would just encourage bandwagoning even more, more people will quit their servers to secure win on high tiers which is probably not healthy.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > > > @Sovereign.1093 said:

> > > > winning the week has no meaning now.

> > > >

> > > > players quit now for whatever reason. players rest then come back

> > >

> > > So to fix this, you're going to get them to quit permanently. K.

> >

> > or the opposite. they will play more because it has meaning by tournaments. Glory of being no.1 =)

>

> And how do you suppose some server become number one, when?

>

> - Their servers are lock and still have 2 to 3 times less coverage than other servers.

> - They are faced with the outnumbered buff 50% of the week in WvW.

> - They are a link server.

>

> I understand what you are trying to do. Get one last hooray for your ego. But at the moment the current structure and mechanics of WvW just don't support your ideal.

not for my ego, but for wvw.

global reset. before tourney starts all will have no server. from there, choose.

sure some servers will be stacked but thats just how it is.

> @Cyczer.7834 said:

> Wvw will keep losing people as long as anet keeps buffing classes instead of having a power creep/nerf. While I fully agree skill>class, I'd like to mention that meta came in to a place where most classes doesnt really require any brain to use if you ar in blob, THAT IS NOT COMPETITIVE .

>

> Having tourneys back at this point would just encourage bandwagoning even more, more people will quit their servers to secure win on high tiers which is probably not healthy.

competition drives people. of course you want to win. =)

alliances will happen. meetings will yake place. plans will be made. in short, servers vs servers vs servers.