I bought some RNGnimals

I know I railed against these RNG animals but I figured what the hell some if them are awesome and even the plane ones have dye channels.

I also like to admit when I change my mind and own up to being dramatic.

That being said I have some observations.

The fancy skins are worth being monetized how ever there are some skins which should have been included in game for vendors such as the barbed tail sting ray which has 3 lousy dye channels and one slight alteration to the tail, I think I should be compensated 400 gems for that one. The Tawny Springer has a slight change in fur patterns and looks like it might only have 2dye channels, another blatant rip off.

The other 3,skins I got were worth the gems.

Kudos on bringing back the Menezies VS, I scooped that right up and I wonder if that's a clue to season 4 content.

Tawny is actually pretty good. It has four channels - 1/2 the pattern, the other half, the mane/tuft, and the eyes. Since my Springer collection consists of base, Tawny, Spooky, and Primal, almost all my alts are on Tawny hares with varying naturalistic fur hues. (Charred works surprisingly well btw). Primal is horrid -- I really like some of the other flaming/starry skins once they are dyed rationally but I'm very sad I got Primal instead of Windy, springer-wise. I have a good spread of styles over the other four mounts, I just tanked on Springer and won't spend any more on RNG since while there were very good odds on the 14 I bought I'd get ones I liked, now I'm down to just one I'd really want (Windy) and another I'd be happy if I got (Clouded Corvus). Then some sure-I'll-take-it ones, and a couple waste-of-money ones (all per my own tastes, I'm sure there are those who think Lop is the best).

Give your Skimmer a chance, the right dyes can really pop on any of them. I've been assigning mount skins to alts based on character personalities; some of them want something more basic, some want colorful, so I've been running the gamut on looks.

That said, yes, it would have been very nice for the basic pattern differentials to come from in-game content rather than random chance. That way I'd be sure to get all the realistic looks.

> @Donari.5237 said:

> Tawny is actually pretty good. It has four channels - 1/2 the pattern, the other half, the mane/tuft, and the eyes. Since my Springer collection consists of base, Tawny, Spooky, and Primal, almost all my alts are on Tawny hares with varying naturalistic fur hues. (Charred works surprisingly well btw). Primal is horrid -- I really like some of the other flaming/starry skins once they are dyed rationally but I'm very sad I got Primal instead of Windy, springer-wise. I have a good spread of styles over the other four mounts, I just tanked on Springer and won't spend any more on RNG since while there were very good odds on the 14 I bought I'd get ones I liked, now I'm down to just one I'd really want (Windy) and another I'd be happy if I got (Clouded Corvus). Then some sure-I'll-take-it ones, and a couple waste-of-money ones (all per my own tastes, I'm sure there are those who think Lop is the best).

>

> Give your Skimmer a chance, the right dyes can really pop on any of them. I've been assigning mount skins to alts based on character personalities; some of them want something more basic, some want colorful, so I've been running the gamut on looks.

>

> That said, yes, it would have been very nice for the basic pattern differentials to come from in-game content rather than random chance. That way I'd be sure to get all the realistic looks.

Was Clouded Corbusier the swirling cloud one for the Jackyl, if so I got lucky?

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @Donari.5237 said:

> > Tawny is actually pretty good. It has four channels - 1/2 the pattern, the other half, the mane/tuft, and the eyes. Since my Springer collection consists of base, Tawny, Spooky, and Primal, almost all my alts are on Tawny hares with varying naturalistic fur hues. (Charred works surprisingly well btw). Primal is horrid -- I really like some of the other flaming/starry skins once they are dyed rationally but I'm very sad I got Primal instead of Windy, springer-wise. I have a good spread of styles over the other four mounts, I just tanked on Springer and won't spend any more on RNG since while there were very good odds on the 14 I bought I'd get ones I liked, now I'm down to just one I'd really want (Windy) and another I'd be happy if I got (Clouded Corvus). Then some sure-I'll-take-it ones, and a couple waste-of-money ones (all per my own tastes, I'm sure there are those who think Lop is the best).

> >

> > Give your Skimmer a chance, the right dyes can really pop on any of them. I've been assigning mount skins to alts based on character personalities; some of them want something more basic, some want colorful, so I've been running the gamut on looks.

> >

> > That said, yes, it would have been very nice for the basic pattern differentials to come from in-game content rather than random chance. That way I'd be sure to get all the realistic looks.

>

> Was Clouded Corbusier the swirling cloud one for the Jackyl, if so I got lucky?

I think he means this griffon mount.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clouded_Corvus

All the ridiculous over-dramatization aside, when I decided to buy some adoption tickets myself, I told myself that I would only buy 10 lisences and leave it there. My main goal was the Jackalope skin for my springer but didn't get it after 10 tries, but I did get some interesting skins like the fire pinion griffon and the oceanic ray skimmer (along with ALL THE SKIMMER SKINS!). Since I did actually like the options I got, I went ahead and tried a few more times and got my Jackalope after 3 more tries.

The only thing about the adoption lisences I'd personally change is picking which mount to get a skin on. Even if you're trying for a specific skin, most of the ones you might end up with are still really nice and will get some definite use.

I've purchased 15 of these skins so far. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase. The extra dye channels and varied styles from plain to outlandish offer something you can adapt to just about any look. As that was more important to me than any one particular skin, I wasn't as bothered by the gambling aspect. For me, a new skin was pretty much a win regardless. On the other hand, I ended up buying so many in part because I wanted a few choices in each category and RNG didn't favor me with that. They did get me a bit with the gambling design, but I got what I wanted out of it. So I can't say I'm disappointed.

The only complaint I have is that some of the skins are too similar to the base skins. I think it would have been a better idea to offer such skins in game. Unfortunately, as a player that opts to regularly support ANet via the cash shop and "ultimate edition" expansion purchases, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I know this is a business and you need to make money, but I think you do your customers a great disservice by putting literally ALL of the nice things in the cash shop while your "content rich" expansion offers practically nothing that players can actually play the game and earn.

In my view, you could have offered the skins players would be less likely to want (i.e. the skins that look just like the base skins) in the game and given players like myself a reason to actually play it. I still would have purchased skins from the cash shop like I always do, but I wouldn't be left wondering why your expansion looks like a bare skeleton while the cash shop is overflowing. You need to understand that while the skins are a good value, increasingly your game overall is not. Think about that.