Is there a Trick to Get the Story Achievements?

Blage.5610

Hello

I have been trying to get some of the achievements while doing the Hearth of Thorns story but even though i do what is required i don't get some of the achievements even though I met the criteria. Is there something I am missing?

For example today I am at Act 2 and did the trials in Tarir. I did not die in Trial of Strength which is the only criteria and should reward me with "Never Say Die" but it did not. In Trial of Wits I did not kill any sparks and it should have awarded me "No More Time" achievement but again i did not get it. And finally in teamwork trial i did not revive any of the Pact soldiers(which took like an hour) but i did not receive "Leave It to Me" achievement. However I got the "Predatory Prey" achievement for killing every enemy in the trial. I don't understand why i am getting some of the achievements and not getting the rest. What am I doing wrong?

I recommend checking the wiki and Dulfy to verify that you are doing everything correctly, and then, if you are still certain you should be getting them, start a help ticket.

A lot of the achieves can be a little tricky; a description of "don't die" might include not getting into a downed state, for example, while others include every member of your party if you aren't playing alone. Between the wiki and dulfy's guides you shouldn't have any further trouble.

I have found something like this from 2 years ago in this [link](https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Not-getting-credit-for-my-achievements/first#post4786271 "link")

"Not a bug. Can only earn these on a second playthrough on a character that has gone through it before."

Is this correct? Some achievements can be unlocked at first playthrough while some can't? If so Is there any way to distinguish?

> @Blage.5610 said:

> I have found something like this from 2 years ago in this [link](https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Not-getting-credit-for-my-achievements/first#post4786271 "link")

>

> "Not a bug. Can only earn these on a second playthrough on a character that has gone through it before."

>

> Is this correct? Some achievements can be unlocked at first playthrough while some can't? If so Is there any way to distinguish?

This isn't the case with these achievements, as I did the story for the first time last night and received all the ones mentioned, except for the last one because I didn't have an hour to waste.

> @Blage.5610 said:

> I have found something like this from 2 years ago in this [link](https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Not-getting-credit-for-my-achievements/first#post4786271 "link")

>

> "Not a bug. Can only earn these on a second playthrough on a character that has gone through it before."

>

> Is this correct? Some achievements can be unlocked at first playthrough while some can't? If so Is there any way to distinguish?

Should only be season 2 affected by this. It isnt a bug, more an outdated design decision. To know whether you can qualify for an achievement, when you enter the instance, a yellow icon appears above your skill bar which disappears if you fail. If you hover your mouse over the icon, it will tell you which achievement is eligible.