Why it's so hard to get to legend.

Interpretor.3091

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish anet would give us a guide on what they expect from players to get to legend. Is multiclassing necessary? Is forcing the teamfight win with the lower rated players mandatory? To me it just kind of seems like rng, roll the dice to see who can win enough games in a row. I bet there is actually no difference in skill level from people plat 3 and higher.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @Interpretor.3091 said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > If we all play spellbreaker we all go Legendary. Hashtag warrior nooby no need real-skillz

> >

> > Not even gonna validate this garbage and horrible troll attempt with a response.

>

> But you did just that lol.

LMAO yeah, fair enough. I'm garbage at the forums man.

> @Interpretor.3091 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > @Interpretor.3091 said:

> > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > If we all play spellbreaker we all go Legendary. Hashtag warrior nooby no need real-skillz

> > >

> > > Not even gonna validate this garbage and horrible troll attempt with a response.

> >

> > But you did just that lol.

>

> LMAO yeah, fair enough. I'm garbage at the forums man.

Remember the first fact of Gw2 and the Forums, the Forums are more competive than the actual game.

> > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > The best part is that your first loss pretty much invalidade your past 3 matches and still leave you at a -1 defict.

> > >

> > > Yep, game eventually punishes you hard for winning too much lol. And to put it into perspective, that loss has Ryan on the other team. Who is currently top 15 consistently (same ranks as me right now).

> >

> > The reason you are getting punished is the two people on the other team who's rating is way below yours are lowering the rating of the team you lose to.

>

> What avout the two people on my team whos rating is also low and is largly the reason we lost the game?

They won't lose as many points since they have a lower rating.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > > @Interpretor.3091 said:

> > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > If we all play spellbreaker we all go Legendary. Hashtag warrior nooby no need real-skillz

> > > >

> > > > Not even gonna validate this garbage and horrible troll attempt with a response.

> > >

> > > But you did just that lol.

> >

> > LMAO yeah, fair enough. I'm garbage at the forums man.

>

> Remember the first fact of Gw2 and the Forums, the Forums are more competive than the actual game.

TRUFF!!!!

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > > @Interpretor.3091 said:

> > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > If we all play spellbreaker we all go Legendary. Hashtag warrior nooby no need real-skillz

> > > >

> > > > Not even gonna validate this garbage and horrible troll attempt with a response.

> > >

> > > But you did just that lol.

> >

> > LMAO yeah, fair enough. I'm garbage at the forums man.

>

> Remember the first fact of Gw2 and the Forums, the Forums are more competive than the actual game.

Lol so true

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > > > Its because you dont multiclass, but hey you got 2 raptor loot boxes so its all worth it in the end.

> > >

> > > Last time I checked practically none of the people that get legend multiclass.

> >

> > 1. Steelrage (CHRONO)

> > 2. tehmaverick (Mirage?)

> > 3. Moobs (Zeromis, POWER MIRAGE)

> > 4. Ambi (Thief)

> > 5. Arken (Firebrand)

> > 6. controlfreak (Firebrand)

> > 7. tsawr (Firebrand?/DH/thief?)

> > 8. Vacheron (?)

> > 9. Chaith (Holosmith)

> > 10. Ryan (Firebrand)

> >

> > Currently most of the top 10 are Guard/Firebrand mains. Shows how strong Firebrand support is in conquest right now...

>

>

hahaha you know ranked is fucked when tehmaverick is #2 LOL

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > > Its because you dont multiclass, but hey you got 2 raptor loot boxes so its all worth it in the end.

> >

> > Last time I checked practically none of the people that get legend multiclass.

>

> 1. Steelrage (Mirage)

> 2. tehmaverick (Mirage?)

> 3. Moobs (Firebrand/Dragonhunter?)

> 4. Ambi (Thief)

> 5. Arken (Firebrand)

> 6. controlfreak (Firebrand)

> 7. tsawr (Firebrand?/DH/thief?)

> 8. Vacheron (?)

> 9. Chaith (Holosmith)

> 10. Ryan (Firebrand)

>

> Currently most of the top 10 are Guard/Firebrand mains. Shows how strong Firebrand support is in conquest right now...

Damn bro where are all those scourge? ? Who cares, nerf em! Not firebrand. Don't disable firebrand or get all up-in arms about them. Its all scourge.

I mean, we all knew how much the devs love mesmer and guard already.

> @TheDevice.2751 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > Its because you dont multiclass, but hey you got 2 raptor loot boxes so its all worth it in the end.

> > >

> > > Last time I checked practically none of the people that get legend multiclass.

> >

> > 1. Steelrage (Mirage)

> > 3. Moobs (Firebrand/Dragonhunter?)

> > 4. Ambi (Thief)

> > 5. Arken (Firebrand)

> > 8. Vacheron (?)

> > 10. Ryan (Firebrand)

> >

> > Currently most of the top 10 are Guard/Firebrand mains. Shows how strong Firebrand support is in conquest right now...

>

> kitten bro where are all those scourge? ? Who cares, nerf em! Not firebrand. Don't disable firebrand or get all up-in arms about them. Its all scourge.

>

> I mean, we all knew how much the devs love mesmer and guard already.

Fooooo, sthap already. Everyone who has clues knows Scrouge is overtuned.

Mirage is annoying, but not even close to Scrouge, while Firebrand is just a support. Obviously, supported Scrouges beat not supported ones...

> @TheDevice.2751 said:

>

> kitten bro where are all those scourge? ? Who cares, nerf em! Not firebrand. Don't disable firebrand or get all up-in arms about them. Its all scourge.

>

Oh there's a handful of Scourges in the top 25.

Doesn't change the fact that Scourge is bad for the game and should be nerfed to the ground and rebuilt as something that doesn't prevent Melee builds like Scrapper/Herald/Reaper from queuing up.

> @TheDevice.2751 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > >

> >

> > 1. Steelrage (Mirage)

> > 3. Moobs (Firebrand/Dragonhunter?)

> > 4. Ambi (Thief)

> > 5. Arken (Firebrand)

> > 8. Vacheron (?)

> > 10. Ryan (Firebrand)

> >

>

>

All the firebrands got to top ten by making their team's scourge invincible.

> @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> I wish anet would give us a guide on what they expect from players to get to legend. Is multiclassing necessary? Is forcing the teamfight win with the lower rated players mandatory? To me it just kind of seems like rng, roll the dice to see who can win enough games in a row. I bet there is actually no difference in skill level from people plat 3 and higher.

Generally speaking, by the end of the season in order to earn a "Legendary" rank, you need to be in the top 10-15 players, by whatever means you can figure out.

> @Loop.8106 said:

> Meh, hit legend today on core guardian. 22-4 in games.

Technically not possible. You need to have 45 games at the moment to be placed as "legendary," as seen in the image:

![](https://i.imgur.com/o3FGiiN.jpg "")

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @TheDevice.2751 said:

> >

> > kitten bro where are all those scourge? ? Who cares, nerf em! Not firebrand. Don't disable firebrand or get all up-in arms about them. Its all scourge.

> >

> > I mean, we all knew how much the devs love mesmer and guard already.

>

> Oh there's a handful of Scourges in the top 25.

>

> Doesn't change the fact that Scourge is bad for the game and should be nerfed to the ground and rebuilt as something that doesn't prevent Melee builds like Scrapper/Herald/Reaper from queuing up.

^ Second this. The only reason I can beat Scourges 1v1 as a Warrior is because of all of my resistance. (Healing Signet, Zerker Stance, Featherfoot Grace, Full Counter). Warriors don't even run Endure Pain as a utility in PvP because we need all of the resistance to counter Scourge condi burst and constant application. I pity anyone who isn't a Warrior who wants to play meele atm.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> >

> > kitten bro where are all those scourge? ? Who cares, nerf em! Not firebrand. Don't disable firebrand or get all up-in arms about them. Its all scourge.

> >

>

> Oh there's a handful of Scourges in the top 25.

>

> Doesn't change the fact that Scourge is bad for the game and should be nerfed to the ground and rebuilt as something that doesn't prevent Melee builds like Scrapper/Herald/Reaper from queuing up.

makes it impossible for any melee like the 1s you listed and even current 1s to fight against them. I single handle can't be on a scourge ass for more then a few seconds before he or she start spamming shades on themselves that can cover a radius bigger then my dodge skill can evade. It's just kitten broken against any melee, even spell breakers have a hard time regardless of the amount of immunity they get.

However i still play Reaper but only with my duo Fire Brand Friend, other wise it's pointless to even bother.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> Generally speaking, by the end of the season in order to earn a "Legendary" rank, you need to be in the top 10-15 players, by whatever means you can figure out.

in eu last season there were 92 people with legendary

https://gw2armory.com/leaderboards/pvp/eu

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> Technically not possible. You need to have 45 games at the moment to be placed as "legendary," as seen in the image:

wrong, you are just not on the board without minimum game requirement, your tag and division still are legendary

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > > @huehuehueh.5106 said:

> > > > > Its because you dont multiclass, but hey you got 2 raptor loot boxes so its all worth it in the end.

> > > >

> > > > Last time I checked practically none of the people that get legend multiclass.

> > >

> > > 1. Steelrage (Mirage)

> > > 2. tehmaverick (Mirage?)

> > > 3. Moobs (Firebrand/Dragonhunter?)

> > > 4. Ambi (Thief)

> > > 5. Arken (Firebrand)

> > > 6. controlfreak (Firebrand)

> > > 7. tsawr (Firebrand?/DH/thief?)

> > > 8. Vacheron (?)

> > > 9. Chaith (Holosmith)

> > > 10. Ryan (Firebrand)

> > >

> > > Currently most of the top 10 are Guard/Firebrand mains. Shows how strong Firebrand support is in conquest right now...

> >

> >

>

> All the firebrands got to top ten by making their team's scourge invincible.

^^