Teleports to Lion's Arch free?

I thought this would be nice too, but then what use would the [special Access Passes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invitation_to_%22Lily_of_the_Elon%22) be? Especially since these are gemstore items.

Teleporting to the mists then to LA is a valid argument for making TPs to LA free, but that would seriously make special access passes worthless and there'll be much table-flipping from those who purchased them (and they're not exactly cheap). They would both be one-stop direct hubs (with no connecting ~~flights~~ loading screens/worlds) and there would be no incentive to buy the passes because teleporting to LA would be more convenient - moreso than paying 1000 gems for just about the same service. The only difference would be that the services are spread out.

I should probably add: I suspect that being able to jump to the mists then LA to avoid paying TP fees was more of an oversight than an intended feature ;)

I'd be all over this suggestion if the passes didn't exist :(

> @BlinkandDie.7652 said:

> I know it's a really small thing, but I think this would be a really nice QoL change.

>

> Since you can teleport to the mists then to lions arch for free.

But surely then you'd want free teleportation to the major cities because you can TP free from LA....then you want to TP to the first WP in the map because you can simply walk out of the main gates......and then surely you should be able to jump to any WP because you could walk there for free......

There is a way to get to LA for free and a way that costs.....if you don't like the costs then take the pain of multiple jumps.

You can get to lions arch from the mists, and from the guild hall once the guild unlocks the portal. There really doesnt need to be more sources than that. Making it even more convenient, let alone free, may cause an even greater inbalance in city populations. I like being able to go to various capitals and not seeing ghost towns.

> @Khailyn.6248 said:

> You can get to lions arch from the mists, and from the guild hall once the guild unlocks the portal. There really doesnt need to be more sources than that. Making it even more convenient, let alone free, may cause an even greater inbalance in city populations. I like being able to go to various capitals and not seeing ghost towns.

How do you get there from the mists? I guess you mean the PvP Lobby?

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @Khailyn.6248 said:

> > You can get to lions arch from the mists, and from the guild hall once the guild unlocks the portal. There really doesnt need to be more sources than that. Making it even more convenient, let alone free, may cause an even greater inbalance in city populations. I like being able to go to various capitals and not seeing ghost towns.

>

> How do you get there from the mists? I guess you mean the PvP Lobby?

There and any of the WvW maps have a portal to LA at spawn.

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @Khailyn.6248 said:

> > > You can get to lions arch from the mists, and from the guild hall once the guild unlocks the portal. There really doesnt need to be more sources than that. Making it even more convenient, let alone free, may cause an even greater inbalance in city populations. I like being able to go to various capitals and not seeing ghost towns.

> >

> > How do you get there from the mists? I guess you mean the PvP Lobby?

>

> There and any of the WvW maps have a portal to LA at spawn.

Guess I'm going to the PvP lobby from now on to get to Lion's Arch.

> @BlinkandDie.7652 said:

> I know it's a really small thing, but I think this would be a really nice QoL change.

>

> Since you can teleport to the mists then to lions arch for free.

Interesting idea, but it seems pointless to me. I don't see it as QoL, because I can still simply click the same UI icons and go, for an almost unnoticeable difference in finance. WP costs are frankly negligible, set against your likely gold, once you're out of the early levels of your very first character. Even at L80, getting to LA is almost always under 3s. In fact, from the furthest point on the map I could find right now (Market Ruins WP in Vabbi), it's still under 6s. And if I WP to LA more than twice a session at all, let alone from Vabbi, that's probably the exception rather than the rule.

So I REALLY have no problem with being charged that; set in context, it's pretty much pocket-lint. Especially as there is (as you point out) a free (and, in my experience, pretty rapid) way of achieving the same result, if shelling out single-digit silver REALLY upsets you. Whereas, personally, I don't believe for a moment that I'd notice the financial difference if it WERE free - and I recognise that ANet may have good other reasons for NOT doing it (such as, as has been suggested elsewhere in the thread, not encouraging everyone to routinely head for LA in preference to other cities, for some utterly trivial perceived "benefit").

> @costepj.5120 said:

> If you want QoL, buy the Mistlock Sanctuary pass. My best purchase ever :)

And I happen to KNOW that you're hearing this from a player who'd almost always rather run across multiple maps than spend the money to WP... =)

Mind you - for the cost of the MS pass, you could WP from Vabbi to to LA once or twice - and roughly another 4000 times on top of that, at today's prices. Which is probably a LITTLE over the top if you regard saving 3s as a QoL improvement. And even if it WERE actually available on the Trading Post right now - which it isn't. But it has other benefits, of course - and to each their own. (Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matic - now THAT's a QoL item no account should be without.)