We have a serious problem with an individual trolling right now

stoldark.8704

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > Mark my words, anet if you intervene here you never stop intervening in wvw fights do not cave like you did in Spvp you will permanently destroy wvw.

>

> How would intervening in this instance destroy WvW?

Just your normal everyday scare tactic to try to get someone to look the other way when digging around looking for bad apples.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > > Mark my words, anet if you intervene here you never stop intervening in wvw fights do not cave like you did in Spvp you will permanently destroy wvw.

> > >

> > > How would intervening in this instance destroy WvW?

> >

> > Because anytime anything goes wrong some one is going to come to the forums and cry to anet about how they intervened here and won't intervene in there fights, inducing rage and tears about special treatment. I've seen this happen to many times in mmos, its not Anet job to police anything other then people scamming or hacking thats it, griefing, trolling, being kicked out of raids hurt feelings is not for the company to regulate you cannot fix player attitudes, all they can do is make the game and hope people play in ways friendly to other players.

> >

> > And if they are not playing in ways friendly to other players, its up to the community of gw2 to solve it period, not the devs.

>

> I guess the main issue here is building countless siege in keeps in places where it is useless, dropping multiple blueprints on the commanders siege, and dropping friendly siege on friendly forces. Many would qualify that as griefing.

>

> Trash talking, trolling in map chat, dropping siege prints on opponents is not what I have seen them say. IF that is their intent, I would agree with you. There are player fixes for that.

>

> I guess 'griefing' can be considered subjective, as someone pulling tactics so they can't be used when 'needed' might be one persons definition of fun, and another may define it as griefing.

Aaaaannnnnndddd. That was in late..

Thanks @"Chris Cleary.8017"

> @Klypto.1703 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > Mark my words, anet if you intervene here you never stop intervening in wvw fights do not cave like you did in Spvp you will permanently destroy wvw.

> >

> > How would intervening in this instance destroy WvW?

>

> Just your normal everyday scare tactic to try to get someone to look the other way when digging around looking for bad apples.

Its basically this, the vast majority of the playerbase does not look at the game from an objective lens because they are the player and not the creator, also the range of Intelligence of the people who play is quite wide as well, devs should pay attention to the community but never outright listen to them because 8/10 its likely the wrong opinion.

I find that the games that pander to the fans instead of completing there vision for the game tend to fail, the devs need to maintain the game integrity at all cost because the players do not have the games interests in mind they have there own interests and there own feelings in mind take a look at the pvp forums and the screams for nerfs that aren't needed.

play alot seen it done about three times'ish (across 5 years) where someone has done it over hours/days, it must be pretty boring even if you are fuming.

player tombstoning every night! nice to see anet taking a 'high view' on this and offering to look at cases if people are really bothered, can't fault it.

> @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as "@Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

Actually it was @"apharma.3741" , not @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

The second person was summarizing and didn't mention TOS. They were also looking for clarification from @"Chris Cleary.8017" .

In response to your question, the behaviors listed both in the OP and yours are unrelated.

Someone else entirely threw in the siege burials which was never listed as a problematic behavior.

> > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as "@Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

>

> Actually it was @"apharma.3741" , not @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

>

> The second person was summarizing and didn't mention TOS. They were also looking for clarification from @"Chris Cleary.8017" .

>

> In response to your question, the behaviors listed both in the OP and yours are unrelated.

>

> Someone else entirely threw in the siege burials which was never listed as a problematic behavior.

>

just want to make it clear i only go to wvw for dailies more or less terribly boring mode for me, i just find it way to silly people want to ban trolls a stample of mmorpgs since the start.

> @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as "@Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

> >

> > Actually it was @"apharma.3741" , not @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

> >

> > The second person was summarizing and didn't mention TOS. They were also looking for clarification from @"Chris Cleary.8017" .

> >

> > In response to your question, the behaviors listed both in the OP and yours are unrelated.

> >

> > Someone else entirely threw in the siege burials which was never listed as a problematic behavior.

> >

>

> just want to make it clear i only go to wvw for dailies more or less terribly boring mode for me, i just find it way to silly people want to ban trolls a stample of mmorpgs since the start.

Team chat trolls can be blocked, people sabotaging my server (BG) is actually funny, people siege burying me is a complement. The only thing I think people have some gripe about is people throwing siege down constantly on a commanders build sites. And I define constantly as hours... not 20-30 minutes. But even then, map hop. Kick him from squad and communicate that way in squad chat.

So... I should look to gank you when your doing dailies? :#

> > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > > if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as "@Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

> > >

> > > Actually it was @"apharma.3741" , not @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

> > >

> > > The second person was summarizing and didn't mention TOS. They were also looking for clarification from @"Chris Cleary.8017" .

> > >

> > > In response to your question, the behaviors listed both in the OP and yours are unrelated.

> > >

> > > Someone else entirely threw in the siege burials which was never listed as a problematic behavior.

> > >

> >

> > just want to make it clear i only go to wvw for dailies more or less terribly boring mode for me, i just find it way to silly people want to ban trolls a stample of mmorpgs since the start.

>

> Team chat trolls can be blocked, people sabotaging my server (BG) is actually funny, people siege burying me is a complement. The only thing I think people have some gripe about is people throwing siege down constantly on a commanders build sites. And I define constantly as hours... not 20-30 minutes. But even then, map hop. Kick him from squad and communicate that way in squad chat.

>

> So... I should look to gank you when your doing dailies? :#

well you can try but how this is going you are going to be banned for griefing xd. and quite honestly if im on my mesmer you wont be able to touch me.

> @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > > > > if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as "@Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

> > > >

> > > > Actually it was @"apharma.3741" , not @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

> > > >

> > > > The second person was summarizing and didn't mention TOS. They were also looking for clarification from @"Chris Cleary.8017" .

> > > >

> > > > In response to your question, the behaviors listed both in the OP and yours are unrelated.

> > > >

> > > > Someone else entirely threw in the siege burials which was never listed as a problematic behavior.

> > > >

> > >

> > > just want to make it clear i only go to wvw for dailies more or less terribly boring mode for me, i just find it way to silly people want to ban trolls a stample of mmorpgs since the start.

> >

> > Team chat trolls can be blocked, people sabotaging my server (BG) is actually funny, people siege burying me is a complement. The only thing I think people have some gripe about is people throwing siege down constantly on a commanders build sites. And I define constantly as hours... not 20-30 minutes. But even then, map hop. Kick him from squad and communicate that way in squad chat.

> >

> > So... I should look to gank you when your doing dailies? :#

>

> well you can try but how this is going you are going to be banned for griefing xd. and quite honestly if im on my mesmer you wont be able to touch me.

You'd kill me. See? Free kills for the ded player daily.

> @"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

> > Unfortunetly nothing can be done without videos , because when support looks up data it shows as if the player engaged combat and drops siege data doesnt show where or how was the siege placed

>

> That's not true at all. I'll see if I can dig into this tomorrow and handle the worst offenders myself.

Alrite thanks for clarifying ,tip of the hat to you guys i've worked on a few games myself and can appreciate the hard work that most players think goes ignored.

Boy i cant remember where the outdated system i mentioned was in.

Papa Evon bless.

I don't see this is a prob for the forms this is the sort of thing that should be put on a Report ticket not to be posted here in order to get attention for your drama. this is the if you are serious about your problem Right-click the person who is the problem and Report. there is no need to waste devs time and players time with some nonproductive personal ignorance . its simple to file a ticket .

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Could you elaborate? Do you mean it's not as widespread as people seem to believe? or perhaps you mean that the individuals committing "pattern trolling" aren't at it for all that long? It's clear that many in this thread (and in /map & /team) think it happens often; is that just a case of confirmation bias?

> >

> What I'm seeing is that while there maybe individual instances of players "trolling" or what players may perceive as "trolling" there were only a few players actively and continually being malicious.

>

> A single instance of someone tossing down a few crummy sieges isn't something that is entirely malicious, continually doing so as your main objective is.

Very helpful; thanks for replying so quickly.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> this whole thread is just silly you people are talking about banning people because they hurt someones felling in wow with sieges xd.

It's not about people's feelings. The OP's example was someone who was reported to be spending literal hours doing things to waste siege, affecting the ability of commanders to implement their strategies. That's "griefing", i.e. going out of one's way to prevent other people from playing the game legit.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

If you're going to quote me, please have the courtesy to get the context and quote correct, especially since these forums make it trivial to get quotes and context. I have said nothing close to what you have claimed.

Ganking is a legit way of getting kills: if you're better than average, you can wait at the WvW dailies that attract PvE players and get in your daily kills or build up participation credit. It's clever play, well within the rules, even if it's a bit meanspirited. There's no "right to claim a shrine," especially since allowing your opponents to do so gives their side points.

In contrast, dropping the wrong siege on a gate prevents people _on your own side_ from progressing.

> > @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> > if that is the case can i have every player who likes to pretend he is naruto and gank others while they try and do dailies be banned in wvw ? they are infringing on my rights to enjoy the game as "@Illconceived Was Na.9781" mentioned earlier with the tos thing.

>

> Actually it was @"apharma.3741" , not @"Illconceived Was Na.9781"

>

> The second person was summarizing and didn't mention TOS. They were also looking for clarification from @"Chris Cleary.8017" .

>

> In response to your question, the behaviors listed both in the OP and yours are unrelated.

>

> Someone else entirely threw in the siege burials which was never listed as a problematic behavior.

>

Yep and I am not sure if either of us mentioned banning, I know I said actionable offence but that can be anything from a lock out to a polite ANet person appearing next to you saying, please stop. I know one of my friends who was farming toxic spores while playing his XBox spontaneously moved 2000 range for no reason and he just moved himself back before asking in chat what happened. Was an invis dev testing someone was there lol, lots of ways to sort things out, sometimes just knowing you’re being watched is enough to deter many players from actively trolling.

What I don't understand is why the Report System didn't include an option for Griefing reports. It should be added, if not since the beginning, inmediately. Every MMO gets trolls and griefers, and they can be reported prolly, but Arenanet didn't, and this is a problem since time ago.

It's mandatory to do something about this problem asap.

>

> A single instance of someone tossing down a few crummy sieges isn't something that is entirely malicious, continually doing so as your main objective is.

>

Are you being serious when saying this? So you're suggesting that a player who wastes almost 800 supplies in a keep for useless siege until emptying it, and throwing fake siege for avoiding people to build the right now ISN'T something malicious?

Now I see why World versus World is buried in the well.

> @"Cambeleg.7632" said:

> What I don't understand is why the Report System didn't include an option for Griefing reports. It should be added, if not since the beginning, inmediately. Every MMO gets trolls and griefers, and they can be reported prolly, but Arenanet didn't, and this is a problem since time ago.

>

> It's mandatory to do something about this problem asap.

It probably makes little difference which pull down we use to /report. If you use "verbal abuse," they are also going to double check the character name etc, because they know that people don't always choose the most apt option. I think it would be better to have a shorter list and include a text field as part of the report.

> I dug into this a bit, and it looks like there's only a few players with what I would consider "pattern trolling" and one that stood out among them all that was on Baruch Bay. I've handed out a few actions, but I'm not entirely sure I would classify this as a serious issue from an individual player trolling perspective. I would ask that WvW players to continue to report players they believe are behaving maliciously and push comes to shove, you can PM me on the forums or report to exploits@arena.net.

I'm just curious. The Player Conduct Reports reads as such:

Choose a reason to report: Name.1234

* Botting

* Inappropriate Character Name

* Spamming

* Verbal Abuse

* Scamming

* Selling Gold

* LFG System Abuse

What option would you select in a case like this?

> @"Mighty Cole.7849" said:

> > @"Chris Cleary.8017" said:

> > I dug into this a bit, and it looks like there's only a few players with what I would consider "pattern trolling" and one that stood out among them all that was on Baruch Bay. I've handed out a few actions, but I'm not entirely sure I would classify this as a serious issue from an individual player trolling perspective. I would ask that WvW players to continue to report players they believe are behaving maliciously and push comes to shove, you can PM me on the forums or report to exploits@arena.net.

>

> I'm just curious. The Player Conduct Reports reads as such:

> Choose a reason to report: Name.1234

> * Botting

> * Inappropriate Character Name

> * Spamming

> * Verbal Abuse

> * Scamming

> * Selling Gold

> * LFG System Abuse

>

> What option would you select in a case like this?

>

Botting. Goes to the same people that investigate griefing.