Life Force refill in patch...

Swagger.1459

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> If this “Event failure now refills astral force for Celestial Avatar and life force for Death Shroud.” doesn’t apply to wvw and spvp... it should apply to wvw and spvp when you respawn after dying.

How about not? I can appreciate 25% but 100% ? Between that idea and the new Underworld being locked behind a raid I'm wondering if I should just go back to gw1.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > If this “Event failure now refills astral force for Celestial Avatar and life force for Death Shroud.” doesn’t apply to wvw and spvp... it should apply to wvw and spvp when you respawn after dying.

>

> How about not? I can appreciate 25% but 100% ? Between that idea and the new Underworld being locked behind a raid I'm wondering if I should just go back to gw1.

Honestly the way people act about the Underworld, I think that's the best idea. And I don't mean that in a sarcastic skritt off, kinda way. I mean people will likely not be satisfied by another incarnation of the Underworld or FoW. Given the game modes anet creates at the moment, they would either be: a map meta event, a fractal or (as it has been with the Underworld) a raid. And this wouldn't be accepted by the majority of oldcore gw1 players.

It's annoying to have to go smash some defenseless chickens and rabbits in order to have some form of defense for the start of fights. It's pretty mandatory to do this when roaming on power Reaper, you die in seconds if you have no life force and a Mesmer or Thief tries to gank you.

Other than shroud (which we need to build up), we have no "oh god, don't hurt me for a few seconds" skills that other roaming classes usually run with (Ranger signet of stone and evades. Mesmer evades, blurs and stealth. Thief evades and stealth. Warrior stances and blocks. Engineer tiny elixer and stealth. Rev evades, blocks and Glint heal. Ele mist form. Guardian blocks, medi-Elite.)

I'd love to have full shroud on respawn if only to save me the time and effort I use to fill it when I die.

> @"psizone.8437" said:

> It's annoying to have to go smash some defenseless chickens and rabbits in order to have some form of defense for the start of fights. It's pretty mandatory to do this when roaming on power Reaper, you die in seconds if you have no life force and a Mesmer or Thief tries to gank you.

>

> Other than shroud (which we need to build up), we have no "oh god, don't hurt me for a few seconds" skills that other roaming classes usually run with (Ranger signet of stone and evades. Mesmer evades, blurs and stealth. Thief evades and stealth. Warrior stances and blocks. Engineer tiny elixer and stealth. Rev evades, blocks and Glint heal. Ele mist form. Guardian blocks, medi-Elite.)

>

> I'd love to have full shroud on respawn if only to save me the time and effort I use to fill it when I die.

Bingo. Or atleast on respawn provide us with a minor trait that 360 surrounds us with ambients so we can insta hit for defense sake. Bah that just sounds stewpid but thats why we get focussed asap b4 we can charge both our defense and now major offense bar up. Bugger

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > If this “Event failure now refills astral force for Celestial Avatar and life force for Death Shroud.” doesn’t apply to wvw and spvp... it should apply to wvw and spvp when you respawn after dying.

>

> How about not? I can appreciate 25% but 100% ? Between that idea and the new Underworld being locked behind a raid I'm wondering if I should just go back to gw1.

How about it passively regenerates like thief Initiative? Oh no, it would be OP on necro but isn't on the thief... er... balance much?

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Josh.4016" said:

> > Give us life force on scepter for the love. Every other main hand weapon gains life force.

>

> Ooo, but Quaggan would remind you that Scepter has life generation skill and it's tied to **Feast of Corruption** (#3).

Correct, but if the mob dies to quickly, or you happen to turn at the wrong angle the life force is not gathered and it's a long cool down. Compound that with no viable alternative to weapon swap to that is condition based.

> @"HardRider.2980" said:

> In wvw - it's too easy to regain your LF so it shouldn't be there

Easy but time consuming.

Why not just cut out the hassle? It's especially annoying if you need to run to defend something after you've died and you don't have time to top up your life force.

> @"psizone.8437" said:

> > @"HardRider.2980" said:

> > In wvw - it's too easy to regain your LF so it shouldn't be there

>

> Easy but time consuming.

>

> Why not just cut out the hassle? It's especially annoying if you need to run to defend something after you've died and you don't have time to top up your life force.

>

>

There are many skills you can swap in and out of to gain some LF back while on route to your destination.

> @"HardRider.2980" said:

> There are many skills you can swap in and out of to gain some LF back while on route to your destination.

>

That's still more hassle, and if your destination is close to spawn you may not have time to recharge (like defending a spawn side tower in WvW).

Allowing life force to replenish on respawn would cut out the annoyance and let us get back into playing the game straight away.

> @"psizone.8437" said:

> > @"HardRider.2980" said:

>

> > There are many skills you can swap in and out of to gain some LF back while on route to your destination.

> >

>

> That's still more hassle, and if your destination is close to spawn you may not have time to recharge (like defending a spawn side tower in WvW).

>

> Allowing life force to replenish on respawn would cut out the annoyance and let us get back into playing the game straight away.

Agreed. Starting with 0s a bit much. To initiate a fight from scratch for reaper is the definition of pain.