Resplendent Avialan raptor Feedback

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glider AND backpack = 700.

Mount that serves a ver similar purpose = 2,000.

Anet showing it didn't listen again = par for the course.

When anet charged more for the wedding outfit because it was different per race, you know... Fair enough, players don't like it but ok.

But all races use the mout in the same manner, and we don't even get any piece we can show off constantly? Yeap, completely ignorable.

It's not RNG, so that's good. I still think a 400/600/800 or 400/800/1200 model would be received very well. It allows for a standard/enhanced/deluxe skin stratification and pricing structure that's on par with gliders. 2000 gems just doesn't fit. We can compare it to mount costs in other games, but it's never an exact comparison. These are skins, not mounts.

The existing RNG adoption system can stick around with this pricing model too. It allows you a chance at any skin, always new, from the limited pool of options and at the base price. For those that shrug off RNG, that's not unfair. I like @"Rauderi.8706"'s point. If you're going to price singles at 2000 gems, people may as well save up and work their way through the adoption licenses over the next few months or several years (disposable income dependent). Then again... maybe that's the point. :astonished:

I hope they start releasing some simpler reskins with 3-4 dye slots at a 600 or 800 gem price point. They could even pull from the ones locked behind the adoption licenses as special adoption campaigns (save the animals!). That would be met with a lot of cheers.

I think if it has looked more like a Lord of Change and not had the peacock tail I may have been tempted, almost my style but just missed. I'm sure some will like it though.

2000 gems is a lot for a single skin of a single mount, would be interesting to know how many sell. Hoping there is some more budget friendly stuff released.

Why are people so angry? Just don't buy it. I can't honestly get why you're raging over it NOW after the ugly Mecha Ram.

Now we have an ugly Turkey/chicken/Peacock that can't tell if it's doing a threatening look/mating dance (feathers up in the air on the head) or if it's just all calm and natural (feathers are buttcape street-sweeper mode in the back).

Simply don't buy it and speak with your wallet if you do like it. Maybe a sale/discount/price change will come?

Or maybe the whole deal of "Well a few of you already bought it so we don't want to discourage those early adopters of the new mount skin so we won't change it... but we won't do it again......... okay we will as the 1st Mecha Ram worked and no one said Skritt".

> @Nikal.4921 said:

> I have seen **one (1)** Forged Warhound in-game since that mount skin was released. They can't have sold many. I have to think there's some other reason for introducing 2000 gem mount skins than making money selling them.

That's because items with this kind of pricing is not aimed towards average players like you and me. They are aimed at the so-called "whales" which are the very, very small minority of players that freemium economies prey upon. They're not meant for us.

Well.. hate to say we told ya so to all those whining about the adopt licence system.. you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each safe in the knowledge that you would never get duplicates and an increasing chance to get the skin you most desired out of the packs.

Now it seems increasingly likely that all were going to see is a constant stream of high price skins of no better quality than what the packs offered...

2000 gems for a single skin is simply crazy silly, so yeah like others have said... I will do my talking with my wallet.

Enjoy!

> @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

>you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

No that is blatantly false.

We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

Nice trying to blame the players for Anet's terrible business practices as of late though. Super class act, man. This insane pricing is in no way or form the "fault" of the playerbase.

We 'whiners' who complained about the RNG adoption licenses have nothing to do with this latest release of one 2000 gem skin. It was planned and created long before we complained about those. ANet will have to look at its sales figures to see if the 2000 gem skins sell enough to make them worthwhile. I hope for a Wintersday pack like the Spooky Day pack of 5 skins for 1600 gems.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Nikal.4921 said:

> > I have seen **one (1)** Forged Warhound in-game since that mount skin was released. They can't have sold many. I have to think there's some other reason for introducing 2000 gem mount skins than making money selling them.

>

> That's because items with this kind of pricing is not aimed towards average players like you and me. They are aimed at the so-called "whales" which are the very, very small minority of players that freemium economies prey upon. They're not meant for us.

It's not aimed at whales. It's just aimed at people that spend more money on the game than you. Not everyone that spends more money on than you is a whale. Not even close.

Also your "prey upon" comment was offensive to people the people that buy ANet's products. Many of these people have money because they are smart. This is just how they enjoy spending their money.

In my opinion, I don't see how GW2 could be all that attractive to whales. There just isn't that much to spend money on. It's kind of small potatoes in my opinion.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> >you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

>

> No that is blatantly false.

>

> We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

>

> Nice trying to blame the players for Anet's terrible business practices as of late though. Super class act, man. This insane pricing is in no way or form the "fault" of the playerbase.

>

>

The mount adoption license is not gambling. Gambling implies that something of value could be won. Nothing of value could be won with the mount adoption. Nothing recieved was worth even 1 penny.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Nikal.4921 said:

> > > I have seen **one (1)** Forged Warhound in-game since that mount skin was released. They can't have sold many. I have to think there's some other reason for introducing 2000 gem mount skins than making money selling them.

> >

> > That's because items with this kind of pricing is not aimed towards average players like you and me. They are aimed at the so-called "whales" which are the very, very small minority of players that freemium economies prey upon. They're not meant for us.

>

> It's not aimed at whales. It's just aimed at people that spend more money on the game than you. Not everyone that spends more money on than you is a whale. Not even close.

>

> Also your "prey upon" comment was offensive to people the people that buy ANet's products. Many of these people have money because they are smart. This is just how they enjoy spending their money.

1) It is clearly a luxury item aimed at whales. Painfully so. 2000 Gems (i.e 30 US dollars+) for a single mount skin? Yeah. Don't even try to argue otherwise. As many other people have mentioned, they've only seen one or two of these mounts in the game since they have been released. Whalebait.

2) I don't give a crap about who I "offend" frankly. Offense is always taken, not given. That is simply how freemium economies work - it preys on the whales to support itself. Look it up yourself - I'm merely stating the factual and obvious, here. Don't shoot the messanger (or try and silence him with your "SO OFFENSIVE!"-garbage).

I think it's beautiful. But I don't like the tail. For 2000 gems i'd need to love it to buy it. And to be fair, it's not just a cheap reskin with new dye channels. It looks like a brand new mount that's built on the raptor base.

You guys asked for this so this is what you get. A higher price but you know what you are getting. No RNG involved.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Nikal.4921 said:

> > > I have seen **one (1)** Forged Warhound in-game since that mount skin was released. They can't have sold many. I have to think there's some other reason for introducing 2000 gem mount skins than making money selling them.

> >

> > That's because items with this kind of pricing is not aimed towards average players like you and me. They are aimed at the so-called "whales" which are the very, very small minority of players that freemium economies prey upon. They're not meant for us.

>

> It's not aimed at whales. It's just aimed at people that spend more money on the game than you. Not everyone that spends more money on than you is a whale. Not even close.

>

> Also your "prey upon" comment was offensive to people the people that buy ANet's products. Many of these people have money because they are smart. This is just how they enjoy spending their money.

>

> In my opinion, I don't see how GW2 could be all that attractive to whales. There just isn't that much to spend money on. It's kind of small potatoes in my opinion.

He says, offending anyone that doesnt have money. Sorry my kid needed surgery and I decided to pay for it rather than let her suffer and die, I guess. Makes me hella dumb. Youre right.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @Nikal.4921 said:

> > > > I have seen **one (1)** Forged Warhound in-game since that mount skin was released. They can't have sold many. I have to think there's some other reason for introducing 2000 gem mount skins than making money selling them.

> > >

> > > That's because items with this kind of pricing is not aimed towards average players like you and me. They are aimed at the so-called "whales" which are the very, very small minority of players that freemium economies prey upon. They're not meant for us.

> >

> > It's not aimed at whales. It's just aimed at people that spend more money on the game than you. Not everyone that spends more money on than you is a whale. Not even close.

> >

> > Also your "prey upon" comment was offensive to people the people that buy ANet's products. Many of these people have money because they are smart. This is just how they enjoy spending their money.

>

> 1) It is clearly a luxury item aimed at whales. Painfully so. 2000 Gems (i.e 30 US dollars+) for a single mount skin? Yeah. Don't even try to argue otherwise.

>

> 2) I don't give a crap about who I "offend" frankly. Offense is always taken, not given. That is simply how freemium economies work - it preys on the whales to support itself. Look it up on the Google machine.

$20.00 is no where near whale range. $20 is less than I make in half and hour. Someone that spends $100.00 a month on a game is not a whale. They barely get noticed by companies.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > >you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

> >

> > No that is blatantly false.

> >

> > We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

> >

> > Nice trying to blame the players for Anet's terrible business practices as of late though. Super class act, man. This insane pricing is in no way or form the "fault" of the playerbase.

> >

> >

>

> The mount adoption license is not gambling. Gambling implies that something of value could be won. Nothing of value could be won with the mount adoption. Nothing recieved was worth even 1 penny.

Hahaha, no. It is gambling in every sense of the word. Technically and legally it isn't gambling (because the law is slow to catch up) but... yeah, we all know it is gambling.

The fact that you're getting a crappy "Win every time!"-consolation price doesn't make it any less so. It is like those carneval games where they have all the big and impressive stuffed toys all over their stand, only for your "Win every time!" prize is a little keychain.