About the new fractal

Rennie.6750

New fractal is ok.

Excuses take place only at 1st(hardly 2nd) run.

Boss is a little bit tanky, but the fight overall is good and keep you tight with the mechanics.

I prefer that instead of staying in one spot and either heal or dps for some minutes.

Sorry but i can't say the same for Mai fract which is boring as kitten after changes(another topic, another story).

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> New fractal is ok.

> Excuses take place only at 1st(hardly 2nd) run.

> Boss is a little bit tanky, but the fight overall is good and keep you tight with the mechanics.

> I prefer that instead of staying in one spot and either heal or dps for some minutes.

> Sorry but i can't say the same for Mai fract which is boring as kitten after changes(another topic, another story).

Havent tried it but i cant see it being more boring than the original. Surely it cant be more tedious thats for sure.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > New fractal is ok.

> > Excuses take place only at 1st(hardly 2nd) run.

> > Boss is a little bit tanky, but the fight overall is good and keep you tight with the mechanics.

> > I prefer that instead of staying in one spot and either heal or dps for some minutes.

> > Sorry but i can't say the same for Mai fract which is boring as kitten after changes(another topic, another story).

>

> Havent tried it but i cant see it being more boring than the original. Surely it cant be more tedious thats for sure.

About Mai?

Oh my friend is boring as kitten now.

I really dislike it a lot after changes...

> @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Seteruss.4058" said:

> > > New fractal is ok.

> > > Excuses take place only at 1st(hardly 2nd) run.

> > > Boss is a little bit tanky, but the fight overall is good and keep you tight with the mechanics.

> > > I prefer that instead of staying in one spot and either heal or dps for some minutes.

> > > Sorry but i can't say the same for Mai fract which is boring as kitten after changes(another topic, another story).

> >

> > Havent tried it but i cant see it being more boring than the original. Surely it cant be more tedious thats for sure.

>

> About Mai?

> Oh my friend is boring as kitten now.

> I really dislike it a lot after changes...

I mean before she was a dps golem with bad pathing. Literally most broken boring encounter. But like hey i guess ppl enjoyed a more relaxed stand still and aa fight.

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"Bugabuga.9721" said:

> > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > Today I skipped correctly to the first sandbinder using stealth, no mob was aggroed. I begun fighting the sandbinder but apparently the aggro range of the veteran mobs (especially since they are lvl 83) is so huge they just came and killed me at the sandbinder - which felt very unfair and unrewarding. It's like disrespecting the effort. Something should be done about the aggro ranges, leash ranges.

> >

> > I presume you're expected to actually be "in the very back" of the area where first sandbinder is. And also hope there won't be a tentacle or rabbit spawned from convergence, or you're out of luck and have to move back where rest of mobs re-aggroes (or have whole party with you to be able to kill it relatively fast).

>

> Mist convergence doesn't work out-of combat.

> If you skipped everything on stealth and begin fighting sandbinder in melee range, the mobs outside the arena catch aggro despite being far away - that's what I'm talking about.

Eh? I'm pretty sure that "in combat" is relative. You can be out of combat but still get mossman spawn in bloomhunder before carrying whisps. Or do you mean that it only spawn when anything aggroes?

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> Honey, the mossman in swampland is fractal specific - he stalks you there even without instability :) the mossman from mists convergence can only appear if someone is in combat.

Um.... no :) You get bonus mossman at the beginning of the Bloomhunger fractal and it _will_ have swirly icon on him. Why have only one mossman when you can have two? (and he will throw the axe, and it will hit you, and your speed will be reduced because hey, hamstrung is soooo useful for bloomhunger)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistlock_Instability:_Mists_Convergence

> Effects also occur in the fractal they actually belong in e.g. an additional Mossman may spawn during the Mossman encounter in Swampland Fractal.

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> What I've gathered so far:

>

> 1. Some people think it's too hard.

> 2. Some people thing it's too easy/boring.

> 3. Some people think it's too long.

> 4. Some people think it's good length.

> 5. Some people like the trash skips.

> 6. Some people hate the trash skips.

> 7. Many people think it's visually noisy.

> 8. Some people like the visuals.

>

> It's still really soon, I'm interested to see how feedback evolves over time, as it has with previous fractals. I'll of course be watching our metrics for info on average playtime and failure/success rate.

I think the developers who ve created that fractal mechanic smoke too much weed.

> @"Bugabuga.9721" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > Honey, the mossman in swampland is fractal specific - he stalks you there even without instability :) the mossman from mists convergence can only appear if someone is in combat.

> Um.... no :) You get bonus mossman at the beginning of the Bloomhunger fractal and it _will_ have swirly icon on him. Why have only one mossman when you can have two? (and he will throw the axe, and it will hit you, and your speed will be reduced because hey, hamstrung is soooo useful for bloomhunger)

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistlock_Instability:_Mists_Convergence

> > Effects also occur in the fractal they actually belong in e.g. an additional Mossman may spawn during the Mossman encounter in Swampland Fractal.

okay, but the second mossman can't spawn if you're not in combat xD thats entirely my point.

Done to new fractal the third time yesterday. I find tht it is

1) easy clear for organised and exp pug.

2) chaos for random pug

3) too long if clearing everything from start, if full clearing is skipped and with efficient play, it's probably not so bad.

4) final encounter - pretty cool .. quite interesting but too fancy. Too much effects.. too many things going on..

I am likely to skip this fractal until ppl post more video of speed clear for this and more pug in general figure out the fast clear way other wise it's a headache to random pug this :p .

I don't know I think it's too early to judge still... Wait for few more weeks

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Done to new fractal the third time yesterday. I find tht it is

> 1) easy clear for organised and exp pug.

> 2) chaos for random pug

> 3) too long if clearing everything from start, if full clearing is skipped and with efficient play, it's probably not so bad.

> 4) final encounter - pretty cool .. quite interesting but too fancy. Too much effects.. too many things going on..

>

> I am likely to skip this fractal until ppl post more video of speed clear for this and more pug in general figure out the fast clear way other wise it's a headache to random pug this :p .

> I don't know I think it's too early to judge still... Wait for few more weeks

>

>

Its sad when you had your third playthrough like a month plus since its release. But hey thats weekly rotation to you.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > Done to new fractal the third time yesterday. I find tht it is

> > 1) easy clear for organised and exp pug.

> > 2) chaos for random pug

> > 3) too long if clearing everything from start, if full clearing is skipped and with efficient play, it's probably not so bad.

> > 4) final encounter - pretty cool .. quite interesting but too fancy. Too much effects.. too many things going on..

> >

> > I am likely to skip this fractal until ppl post more video of speed clear for this and more pug in general figure out the fast clear way other wise it's a headache to random pug this :p .

> > I don't know I think it's too early to judge still... Wait for few more weeks

> >

> >

>

> Its sad when you had your third playthrough like a month plus since its release. But hey thats weekly rotation to you.

Well.. not sad bcos I had a wonderful month of family vacations and couldn't play much games. :) the patch and wing 5 update came on a time that's really sux.

My first run was to check it out. Second run was to complete all the new fractal ap, and I did (I really like the achievements as it is easy to do) ...After that I took a break from fractal and raids for a month for family vacation :)

• 2 months later...

Okay my update to this. It is complicated I would say the fail rate got down a bit but the difficulty didn't its still harder then 75 on T3 and even the first T4 fractals.

In reality that means you need at least 2-5 tries for the boss and sometimes it still fails completely only in rare cases you can rush through it with random groups.

So on T3 my difficulty rating looks still like this : Nightmare < Mai Trin < Observatory < Twillight random influxes may change it^^

If someone ask me what the main problem? It is you can't get people up again if more then one is downed especially in the Balthazar phase . .. If you could pull them under a shield with help of an item which is in the Arena an Ele with water traits could revive 3 players at once.

Like I mentioned somewhere else for people who ' farming' fractals this fractals as only recommended is too much in T3 and not worth it then same goes for Observatory in T3. I'm very sure Arena will see a drop in players who do this every time one of them is recommended. My impression is both a very often recommended so either normalize how often they are or increase the reward e.g a random fractal weapon ( the progress of my fractal weapon collection is super slow and that with four precursors found )