Sensory overload

Halan.8951

The reset isn't instant Cryshal...

It gives you 2 hours after it's available. Anyway turn on npc chat if you feel like you missed something. You don't need to keep it on forever, just if you feel like you need it for intense situations like that. Because you're so very very wrong about asking for the old style back. The old style is so bad that it's hard to convince some to even finish the Zhaitan story. The pacing is horrible, and if a third speaker is there it will constantly switch what side each person was talking on. It was just too jarring and wonky.

I actually liked how that part of the episode looked, but I have a good video card, maxed visual settings, and I'm not prone to things like light sensitivity and epilepsy.

This suggestion would probably come as a royal pain to the devs, but it'd be nice if there were a slider to fix this sort of thing. (Which would first require properly identifying the components of "this sort of thing".) SOMETHING to let people tone things down as needed.

> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> I ran into this as a problem too. With so much *purple* everywhere, I couldn't tell a crystal from anything else, and that was before I started finding them on rooftops and corners. :anguished:

> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> I ran into this as a problem too. With so much *purple* everywhere, I couldn't tell a crystal from anything else, and that was before I started finding them on rooftops and corners. :anguished:

Wondering... could 2nd players see them? I did the story with a friend and I didn't do mine.

I couldn't find crystals and I still couldn't. He found them after about 5 minutes, but I saw nothing.

> @Halan.8951 said:

> And I think that dialogue screen of original Personal Story was much better for storytelling (you could relax a bit and focus on what characters say), not those small speech bubbles in the world, especially when they happen together with everything else, and you can't pay attention to them.

So much this.

Even with dedicated NPC chat tab it's problem, that's how bad it is now. Like with all this hell breaking loose i see that captain Rahim has speech icon floating on top of him, no ones attacking me and trash mobs are pretty far away so i decide to go talk to him (i play for the story afterall) and of course few seconds later i see mobs running out of nowhere and start attacking me... few moments later captain decided to run off too... so i was left there with dialog menu open on top of me fighting trash mob with captain gone and... what was i talking about... oh.. hmm.. wait there are more mobs running here

This is bad design, Anet.

> @Irreverent.3594 said:

> > @Halan.8951 said:

> > And I think that dialogue screen of original Personal Story was much better for storytelling (you could relax a bit and focus on what characters say), not those small speech bubbles in the world, especially when they happen together with everything else, and you can't pay attention to them.

> So much this.

> Even with dedicated NPC chat tab it's problem, that's how bad it is now. Like with all this hell breaking loose i see that captain Rahim has speech icon floating on top of him, no ones attacking me and trash mobs are pretty far away so i decide to go talk to him (i play for the story afterall) and of course few seconds later i see mobs running out of nowhere and start attacking me... few moments later captain decided to run off too... so i was left there with dialog menu open on top of me fighting trash mob with captain gone and... what was i talking about... oh.. hmm.. wait there are more mobs running here

>

> This is bad design, Anet.

I thought I was the only one.... I really wanted to know what he said but the enemy and NPC AI said "NO" which was disappointing. He ran off and I had trash to handle.

I too play for story, it's why I reply things on my alts. I want story. I want to explore. I want to experience it again. I want a challenge or a meaty story or both that it feels good to repeat. I feel those experiences should be at the core of story missions - not flashy graphics or playing into the hardcore crowd or making the mechanics of something horrendous.