Sublime Armor

Mthe mystery.4615

I don't recommend any full pve-player to farm this armor. It could take you years. I play WvW regulary and i'm still not 2000 yet. If you think this mode is for you, then go ahead. If not, then completely forget about it. Everything in WvW is slower than any other mode. Like getting rewards, gold, archivement, etc. Getting sublime armor takes longer than crafting several legendary weapons.

> @Kirnale.5914 said:

> I don't recommend any full pve-player to farm this armor. It could take you years. I play WvW regulary and i'm still not 2000 yet. If you think this mode is for you, then go ahead. If not, then completely forget about it. Everything in WvW is slower than any other mode. Like getting rewards, gold, archivement, etc. Getting sublime armor takes longer than crafting several legendary weapons.

Yeah. Which is kinda messed up when you think about it. Raiders get a fully animated special armor in like 3 months of raiding. WvW gets a normal ascended nothing special skin that can be upgraded to legendary and in about a few years of playing only WvW - you can make it "kinda glow"...

Lol what? :sweat_smile:

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @Kirnale.5914 said:

> > I don't recommend any full pve-player to farm this armor. It could take you years. I play WvW regulary and i'm still not 2000 yet. If you think this mode is for you, then go ahead. If not, then completely forget about it. Everything in WvW is slower than any other mode. Like getting rewards, gold, archivement, etc. Getting sublime armor takes longer than crafting several legendary weapons.

>

> Yeah. Which is kinda messed up when you think about it. Raiders get a fully animated special armor in like 3 months of raiding. WvW gets a normal ascended nothing special skin that can be upgraded to legendary and in about a few years of playing only WvW - you can make it "kinda glow"...

>

> Lol what? :sweat_smile:

Don't you dare disparage my beautiful dyable glow tentacles!

> @dagneyandleo.6378 said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > @Kirnale.5914 said:

> > > I don't recommend any full pve-player to farm this armor. It could take you years. I play WvW regulary and i'm still not 2000 yet. If you think this mode is for you, then go ahead. If not, then completely forget about it. Everything in WvW is slower than any other mode. Like getting rewards, gold, archivement, etc. Getting sublime armor takes longer than crafting several legendary weapons.

> >

> > Yeah. Which is kinda messed up when you think about it. Raiders get a fully animated special armor in like 3 months of raiding. WvW gets a normal ascended nothing special skin that can be upgraded to legendary and in about a few years of playing only WvW - you can make it "kinda glow"...

> >

> > Lol what? :sweat_smile:

>

> Don't you dare disparage my beautiful dyable glow tentacles!

Well no, but you had to work way harder for those than a raider would. It doesn't seem that WvW is equal here. :lol:

I mean i'm making a legendary WvW armor too, i neither have time nir the desire to suffer through raids for that version. Thought about it but the horrible communty and the fact i can't 100% have time at a certain day of the week for raids is why i chose the WvW route. It takes longer but at least i can log in whenever and just do WvW.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @"Mthe mystery.4615" said:

> > > > So is it even worth going for if I hate WvW?

> > >

> > > No

> > >

> > > I like Wings of Ascension but I don't suffer through sPvP (Which I hate) for it. You shouldn't do what you do not enjoy.

> >

> > So you're saying I should never make another legendary weapon because playing wvw for any length to time makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a soup spoon?

> >

> > Honestly, suffering through that gift of battle track is bad enough...I couldn't imagie playing wvw long enough to unlock that sublime mistforged armor.

>

> Yep. Like doing map completion for a lot of us. Get over it, or don't do it. Complaining about it doesn't help you get it.

Maybe so, but if no one complained about anything, nothing would ever change. Besides, 99% of a legendary weapon is made in pve. Then you have this one outlier called a gift of battle, only obtainable through wvw. wvw players don't need to play pve to make their legendary back piece, why should I need to play wvw to make my legendary weapon?

And if you're going to throw that gift of exploration at me again as a reason to "suck it up," how about a compromise? Pve players get their pve method for obtainign a gift of battle, and you wvw players get a reward track for your gift of exploration. Besides, map completion can't be any more boring than playing pirates in EB.

> @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > > @"Mthe mystery.4615" said:

> > > > > So is it even worth going for if I hate WvW?

> > > >

> > > > No

> > > >

> > > > I like Wings of Ascension but I don't suffer through sPvP (Which I hate) for it. You shouldn't do what you do not enjoy.

> > >

> > > So you're saying I should never make another legendary weapon because playing wvw for any length to time makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a soup spoon?

> > >

> > > Honestly, suffering through that gift of battle track is bad enough...I couldn't imagie playing wvw long enough to unlock that sublime mistforged armor.

> >

> > Yep. Like doing map completion for a lot of us. Get over it, or don't do it. Complaining about it doesn't help you get it.

>

> Maybe so, but if no one complained about anything, nothing would ever change. Besides, 99% of a legendary weapon is made in pve. Then you have this one outlier called a gift of battle, only obtainable through wvw. wvw players don't need to play pve to make their legendary back piece, why should I need to play wvw to make my legendary weapon?

>

> And if you're going to throw that gift of exploration at me again as a reason to "suck it up," how about a compromise? Pve players get their pve method for obtainign a gift of battle, and you wvw players get a reward track for your gift of exploration. Besides, map completion can't be any more boring than playing pirates in EB.

Nice analogy BTW. Well done.

It's the time. 6 -8 hours for the GoB, vs 16+hours for exploration....

maybe a track for GoE could work. I don't like it, getting road of GoB...

> @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > > @"Mthe mystery.4615" said:

> > > > > So is it even worth going for if I hate WvW?

> > > >

> > > > No

> > > >

> > > > I like Wings of Ascension but I don't suffer through sPvP (Which I hate) for it. You shouldn't do what you do not enjoy.

> > >

> > > So you're saying I should never make another legendary weapon because playing wvw for any length to time makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a soup spoon?

> > >

> > > Honestly, suffering through that gift of battle track is bad enough...I couldn't imagie playing wvw long enough to unlock that sublime mistforged armor.

> >

> > Yep. Like doing map completion for a lot of us. Get over it, or don't do it. Complaining about it doesn't help you get it.

>

> Then you have this one outlier called a gift of battle, only obtainable through wvw. wvw players don't need to play pve to make their legendary back piece, why should I need to play wvw to make my legendary weapon?

Aside from the gift of exploration (which you mentioned), there's also the matter of gold and mats, which means wvw players either need to go into pve or else they need to put in far more time in game than pve players (or they can spent lots of money in the gem store for gold).

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> > @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > > > @"Mthe mystery.4615" said:

> > > > > > So is it even worth going for if I hate WvW?

> > > > >

> > > > > No

> > > > >

> > > > > I like Wings of Ascension but I don't suffer through sPvP (Which I hate) for it. You shouldn't do what you do not enjoy.

> > > >

> > > > So you're saying I should never make another legendary weapon because playing wvw for any length to time makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a soup spoon?

> > > >

> > > > Honestly, suffering through that gift of battle track is bad enough...I couldn't imagie playing wvw long enough to unlock that sublime mistforged armor.

> > >

> > > Yep. Like doing map completion for a lot of us. Get over it, or don't do it. Complaining about it doesn't help you get it.

> >

> > Then you have this one outlier called a gift of battle, only obtainable through wvw. wvw players don't need to play pve to make their legendary back piece, why should I need to play wvw to make my legendary weapon?

>

> Aside from the gift of exploration (which you mentioned), there's also the matter of gold and mats, which means wvw players either need to go into pve or else they need to put in far more time in game than pve players (or they can spent lots of money in the gem store for gold).

I missed his gem of a comment about being able to get our back piece through WvW only...

I don't know about you, but that gift of fortune would take me over 3 years alone in WvW to come up with the mats, laurels and echo to make it.

You don't need Eotm for it, I'm almost 2k without Eotm, and there are lots of veterans that play more than me and have over 2k rank, but have never stepped into Eotm.

The only thing you need is to play and actually enjoy this gamemode. Sublime armor shouldn't be "farmed", it should become "natural reward" for those who enjoy this gamemode. Same as why I am getting archivement chests through time. If one disliked this gamemode, then don't bother.

If you dislike this gamemode, because you had a bad first experience (like me waaaay back then, when zergs didn't existed yet, and I got ganked all the time, made me hate this "unfair" mode), then try to play again and join a zerg or roaming group, it's not a harsh pvp environment where only the best players play. You may like one of the aspects: Large scale battles, small scale battles, duels, playing for points (PPT), defending stuff(safe play), scouting(for the sake of your server), GvG, or just plain annoying enemies by 24h attacking the same objective. Lot's of people enjoy it with TS/Discord, because you only need to listen, and not speak, making it overall less boring and more coordinated without a microphone.

> @Kirnale.5914 said:

> You don't need Eotm for it, I'm almost 2k without Eotm, and there are lots of veterans that play more than me and have over 2k rank, but have never stepped into Eotm.

> The only thing you need is to play and actually enjoy this gamemode. Sublime armor shouldn't be "farmed", it should become "natural reward" for those who enjoy this gamemode. Same as why I am getting archivement chests through time. If one disliked this gamemode, then don't bother.

> If you dislike this gamemode, because you had a bad first experience (like me waaaay back then, when zergs didn't existed yet, and I got ganked all the time, made me hate this "unfair" mode), then try to play again and join a zerg or roaming group, it's not a harsh pvp environment where only the best players play. You may like one of the aspects: Large scale battles, small scale battles, duels, playing for points (PPT), defending stuff(safe play), scouting(for the sake of your server), GvG, or just plain annoying enemies by 24h attacking the same objective. Lot's of people enjoy it with TS/Discord, because you only need to listen, and not speak, making it overall less boring and more coordinated without a microphone.

There's still not many choices or variety in armor so of course people want to farm for something that's kind of comparably as awesome as pve armor. It's that or pve instead for stuff.

> @Lalainnia.3598 said:

> The only ppl that will really be able to get this atm were the ones that got to do the old Eotm stuff when it gave crazy exp towards ranks otherwise forget about it or make it a long very long term goal for yourself.

Nah, I started gw2 dec 21 2k15 and wvw in late January 2k16. I hit 2k quite a while back and am about to hit 3k anytime soon this next week or so. Working on my other alt account to sublime armor now, and it's only rank 25 atm lol. It's quite doable but just need to invest the time and motivate yourself. The other way is to just have fun and forget about it or set shorter goals each time. Gotta be efficient with your time to reap max gains. I'm not doing it with any boosters on my other account but I probably will, just need the guild enhancement ones is good enough for me.

> @Lalainnia.3598 said:

> The only ppl that will really be able to get this atm were the ones that got to do the old Eotm stuff when it gave crazy exp towards ranks otherwise forget about it or make it a long very long term goal for yourself.

I hardly touched EotM and I'm almost rank 4k mostly from Roaming in WvW... It's all about time spent in game and what you do with it.... I usually tag towers and keeps when I'm passing by and I get credit when those get flipped by other people, so I end up gaining more wxp than the people that only run around looking for fights and wouldn't spare a few seconds to kill some guards by a structure.