Gw2 recommend CPU

What do you mean with that you have not isntalled a GPU. You need a GPU to have visual output on a monitor. Even if it is just a simulated GPU that runs on the CPU. Perhaps you mean an onboard GPU?

In any case to run GW2 smoothly you do need a GPU. The official minimum for PoF is NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS, ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, Intel Iris 5100 or better (512MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

I know it runs on less, but do not expect miracles then.

I suppose updating your cpu wouldn't hurt.

Idk about the ping. But you should just get a gpu. While the game heavily focuses on high frequency CPU cores, but having a gpu will handle some misc. stuff happening on your game/computer that could be dragging your FPS down as well. Unfortunately this is a probably a bad time to get a new gpu due to mining and supply issues. So try buying last generation stuff.

If you are using the Intel graphics on your i5 3470 then your FPS is about right. Although GW2 is CPU intensive, a stand alone GPU will still help relieve stress from the CPU. Is your system a custom build? If not, most likely you will be unable to run a higher end CPU or GPU due to the low wattage most manufacturer made pcs ship with.

The on board GPU from the newer i5 is not going to be a large gain, and you would be looking at new motherboard, RAM and CPU, when for less than that you can just get a REAL GPU and see much, much larger gains in FPS.

GPU/CPU also has nothing to do with ping as that is network related and is a problem to it self.

You also don't need some crazy GPU, a simple mid or even lower mid range card will be miles ahead of the one on the i5. Example would be the GTX 1050, which can be had for around 100-120 bucks, is around 2,000-3,000% faster than the GPU on the i5 you have.

For GW2 on FullHD a GTX1050 is perfectly fine, however if you are are also playing other games (or maybe plan to) that are not as old if would suggest at least a GTX1050Ti. By the way both these cards are available as low profile cards (half height) for slimline cases, and the GTX1050Ti is the fastest low profile card on the market.

> @TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

> The on board GPU from the newer i5 is not going to be a large gain, and you would be looking at new motherboard, RAM and CPU, when for less than that you can just get a REAL GPU and see much, much larger gains in FPS.

>

> GPU/CPU also has nothing to do with ping as that is network related and is a problem to it self.

>

> You also don't need some crazy GPU, a simple mid or even lower mid range card will be miles ahead of the one on the i5. Example would be the GTX 1050, which can be had for around 100-120 bucks, is around 2,000-3,000% faster than the GPU on the i5 you have.

Actually the igpu of the the 8th gen compared to 3rd gen would be around twice as fast, which is a considerable leap... And 2000-3000% on GTX1050 is a fantasy. Notebookcheck actually got GW2 benchmarks on old HD4000 (who knew lol) and a tested GTX1080 laptop is only 1000% faster at ultra settings and thats about twice as fast as a GTX1050 I'd wager. Your 2000%+ only apply in specific games his machine get like... 3 fps or something.

A newer cpu is a considerably leap in itself too. I went from an 3570K to an 8700K with the same GTX1060 and it is noticably faster in WvW zerging where the older CPU croaked. And GW2 doesnt exactly use those threads to begin with. But of course, thats a new machine otherwise entirely, so its expensive.

Either way, yes if OP has room for a GPU in the case then get a GPU first, lol.