More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> >

> > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

>

> Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

>

> Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

Is this understandable to you?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > >

> > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> >

> > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> >

> > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

>

> I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

>

> The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

>

> Is this understandable to you?

Nobody is ? Did you see the post above ?

There's quite a few post in this thread where people who "want more paths" are using that as a justification for getting it from easier content.

As is there's 3 very well balanced paths to Legendary Armor. One for each mode of play, they each take roughly equal dedication (WvW being a slight outlier).

If that's not good enough for you, then there's nothing more anyone can say that will satiate your desires.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> > >

> > > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> > >

> > > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

> >

> > I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

> >

> > The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

> >

> > Is this understandable to you?

>

> Nobody is ? Did you see the post above ?

>

> There's quite a few post in this thread where people who "want more paths" are using that as a justification for getting it from easier content.

> As is there's 3 very well balanced paths to Legendary Armor. One for each mode of play, they each take roughly equal dedication (WvW being a slight outlier).

> If that's not good enough for you, then there's nothing more anyone can say that will satiate your desires.

All you are doing is inserting your assumptions about the potential paths from "easier content"... Also, this request is about paths to all legendary gear for all modes.

Thanks

> @Tails.9372 said:

> > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > So, an OW PvM legendary would be... Open World Bosses, JP's, and... a questline?

> JPs have nothing to do with OW PvM so scratch that. Just do something similar to what WvW does: add a reward track for participating in events and give the players a general currency for completing big meta events & killing epic / legendary creatures.

>

> > Pretty sure every legendary requires you to play WvW and sPvP...

> Not really, WvW players don't have to concern themselves with anything but WvW content if they want to get their legendary armor set (same with sPvP).

>

> > I would say though that there are some achieves you can skip in instance content if you want to focus on Open World

> Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It depends on the episode.

>

> >and the instance achievements are probably some of the easiest achievements in getting Aurora

> It depends, they're in general neither harder nor easier than the rest. Like I said it's mixed.

>

Your shifting the goalpost tho doing PvM player vs monster.

Its a PvE legendary player vs envoirment so that can mean jump puzzle and map complete aswell.

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > >

> > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> >

> > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> >

> > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

>

> I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

>

> The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

>

> Is this understandable to you?

That's the thing, Ohoni is asking for open world and there is nothing currently in game that requires hard work or dedication about being successful in open world PvE that's measurable and wouldn't cause more problems than it solves (if you measure how many successful DS metas someone runs then everyone and their mother will want to be a commander of that and then watch the map chat become toxic as multiple commanders all try to command at the same time...). And every time ANet tries to put in harder things, the community asks for it to be nerfed and ANet obliges. Open world PvE is easy compared to raids, PvP and the PvP aspects of WvW.

> @Linken.6345 said:

> Your shifting the goalpost

Not really I was always talking about PvM and this thread is about "all legendary gear for every mode" which would include OW PvM. Also, as I mentioned earlier it is perfectly reasonable to differentiate between subcategories given that this is alredy what they are doing for some areas of PvP and PvM.

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> > >

> > > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> > >

> > > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

> >

> > I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

> >

> > The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

> >

> > Is this understandable to you?

>

> That's the thing, Ohoni is asking for open world and there is nothing currently in game that requires hard work or dedication about being successful in open world PvE that's measurable and wouldn't cause more problems than it solves (if you measure how many successful DS metas someone runs then everyone and their mother will want to be a commander of that and then watch the map chat become toxic as multiple commanders all try to command at the same time...). And every time ANet tries to put in harder things, the community asks for it to be nerfed and ANet obliges. Open world PvE is easy compared to raids, PvP and the PvP aspects of WvW.

By that logic, we should remove all gen 1 and 2 legendary weapons, and aurora, from open world pve and put them in raids... because ya know... those owpve "easy" mode areas don't require any "hard work and dedication"... We should also make it a bannable offense to sell, and buy, raid runs because letting players stand there isn't "hard work or dedication" either. Right?

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> > @Seera.5916 said:

> > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> > > >

> > > > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> > > >

> > > > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

> > >

> > > I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

> > >

> > > The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

> > >

> > > Is this understandable to you?

> >

> > That's the thing, Ohoni is asking for open world and there is nothing currently in game that requires hard work or dedication about being successful in open world PvE that's measurable and wouldn't cause more problems than it solves (if you measure how many successful DS metas someone runs then everyone and their mother will want to be a commander of that and then watch the map chat become toxic as multiple commanders all try to command at the same time...). And every time ANet tries to put in harder things, the community asks for it to be nerfed and ANet obliges. Open world PvE is easy compared to raids, PvP and the PvP aspects of WvW.

>

> By that logic, we should remove all gen 1 and 2 legendary weapons, and aurora, from open world pve and put them in raids... because ya know... those owpve "easy" mode areas don't require any "hard work and dedication"... We should also make it a bannable offense to sell, and buy, raid runs because letting players stand there isn't "hard work or dedication" either. Right?

Last time I checked, I had to do some dungeons to make a legendary and if I wanted to make my own precursor, I have to do some fractals. And I have to do WvW.

And did you actually read my replies to Ohoni? Raids aren't cheap to buy runs of because you're paying for the time of 9 other people. That takes dedication to farm that gold enough times to get the necessary currency.

And did you read what I said: nothing in game currently that's MEASURABLE.

And I said open world PvE was easy compared to the other modes or other aspects of the same mode. The maps have gotten harder, but the AI still has the enemies stand in lava fonts. Real players in PvP and WvW would most likely get out of the area (not necessarily burn a dodge, however). And raids require the coordination and skill that is too much for open world.

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > @Seera.5916 said:

> > > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

> > > >

> > > > I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

> > > >

> > > > The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

> > > >

> > > > Is this understandable to you?

> > >

> > > That's the thing, Ohoni is asking for open world and there is nothing currently in game that requires hard work or dedication about being successful in open world PvE that's measurable and wouldn't cause more problems than it solves (if you measure how many successful DS metas someone runs then everyone and their mother will want to be a commander of that and then watch the map chat become toxic as multiple commanders all try to command at the same time...). And every time ANet tries to put in harder things, the community asks for it to be nerfed and ANet obliges. Open world PvE is easy compared to raids, PvP and the PvP aspects of WvW.

> >

> > By that logic, we should remove all gen 1 and 2 legendary weapons, and aurora, from open world pve and put them in raids... because ya know... those owpve "easy" mode areas don't require any "hard work and dedication"... We should also make it a bannable offense to sell, and buy, raid runs because letting players stand there isn't "hard work or dedication" either. Right?

>

> Last time I checked, I had to do some dungeons to make a legendary and if I wanted to make my own precursor, I have to do some fractals. And I have to do WvW.

>

> And did you actually read my replies to Ohoni? Raids aren't cheap to buy runs of because you're paying for the time of 9 other people. That takes dedication to farm that gold enough times to get the necessary currency.

>

> And did you read what I said: nothing in game currently that's MEASURABLE.

>

> And I said open world PvE was easy compared to the other modes or other aspects of the same mode. The maps have gotten harder, but the AI still has the enemies stand in lava fonts. Real players in PvP and WvW would most likely get out of the area (not necessarily burn a dodge, however). And raids require the coordination and skill that is too much for open world.

So farming gold is the “hard work and dedication” that makes standing in a raid, and letting players carry someone, acceptable in your book? Do you also feel the same way about using the good ol’ credit card (because someone has to work irl to pay it off) or work the bltc (which takes time, mental energy and being trade savvy) for gold to pay for standing in a raid?

I see, so all those meta events and legendary requirements don’t require coordination and skill and effort and time? Let me guess, all the collections aren’t worthy as effort in your book either?

If we redesigned the legendary system according to your logic, then it’s pretty clear all legendary gear should only be available in raids, and to make sure each player puts in the “real” effort, we ban buying and selling raids. Sound good?

Edit- it’s pretty interesting how you think a player farming gold for raid carries is applying a real and superior effort over another player who plays the game achieving specific goals...

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> All you are doing is inserting your assumptions about the potential paths from "easier content"... Also, this request is about paths to all legendary gear for all modes.

>

> Thanks

Not really, as i already stated and you can read here in this thread people want it in easier content.

Additionally we have paths to legendary gear in all modes. There's 3 core pillars when it comes to this game PvE, sPvP, and WvW. Each one has their own path to legendary.

It just happens people in this thread really like to shift the goalpost and deny that raiding is PvE because its not something they want to do, which is fundamentally flawed logic.

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > @Seera.5916 said:

> > > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

> > > >

> > > > I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

> > > >

> > > > The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

> > > >

> > > > Is this understandable to you?

> > >

> > > That's the thing, Ohoni is asking for open world and there is nothing currently in game that requires hard work or dedication about being successful in open world PvE that's measurable and wouldn't cause more problems than it solves (if you measure how many successful DS metas someone runs then everyone and their mother will want to be a commander of that and then watch the map chat become toxic as multiple commanders all try to command at the same time...). And every time ANet tries to put in harder things, the community asks for it to be nerfed and ANet obliges. Open world PvE is easy compared to raids, PvP and the PvP aspects of WvW.

> >

> > By that logic, we should remove all gen 1 and 2 legendary weapons, and aurora, from open world pve and put them in raids... because ya know... those owpve "easy" mode areas don't require any "hard work and dedication"... We should also make it a bannable offense to sell, and buy, raid runs because letting players stand there isn't "hard work or dedication" either. Right?

>

> Last time I checked, I had to do some dungeons to make a legendary and if I wanted to make my own precursor, I have to do some fractals. And I have to do WvW.

>

> And did you actually read my replies to Ohoni? Raids aren't cheap to buy runs of because you're paying for the time of 9 other people. That takes dedication to farm that gold enough times to get the necessary currency.

To quote an expert on the subject:

["The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment. . . "](

)

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> Edit- it’s pretty interesting how you think a player farming gold for raid carries is applying a real and superior effort over another player who plays the game achieving specific goals...

Priorities, right?

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > All you are doing is inserting your assumptions about the potential paths from "easier content"... Also, this request is about paths to all legendary gear for all modes.

> >

> > Thanks

>

> Not really, as i already stated and you can read here in this thread people want it in easier content.

> Additionally we have paths to legendary gear in all modes. There's 3 core pillars when it comes to this game PvE, sPvP, and WvW. Each one has their own path to legendary.

> It just happens people in this thread really like to shift the goalpost and deny that raiding is PvE because its not something they want to do, which is fundamentally flawed logic.

Stop assuming owpve content = easy path (requirements) created by the devs. Get it now? Understand?

Who cares about “core pillars”? The request was specific in my op... and for a reason... (and for larger reasons than what is stated because... deeper thinking about topics leads to good places and conversations).

“Each one has their own path to legendary”... What does that have to do with my op?

That last part is meaningless to this topic.

> @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > @Seera.5916 said:

> > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > > @Seera.5916 said:

> > > > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > > > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > > > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > > > > If it’s open world then it better be a time-gated grindfest so that people have to put in a tremendous amount of effort towards it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, because heaven forbid that people should be able to have FUN in games, right?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because heaven forbid a luxury and prestige item retain those via hard work and dedication, right ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also isn't the fun you had along the way making it part of the fun you had in games ?

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m going to comment on this because you keep equating other potential paths, in other modes, as easy... Nobody is asking for easy, or devoid of “hard work and dedication”, that’s an assumption on your part and a huge flaw in your argument.

> > > > >

> > > > > The request was having additional paths to legendary gear... and most of us know the dev team would still be using similar time frames of effort to earn each piece of gear and the same material requirements.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is this understandable to you?

> > > >

> > > > That's the thing, Ohoni is asking for open world and there is nothing currently in game that requires hard work or dedication about being successful in open world PvE that's measurable and wouldn't cause more problems than it solves (if you measure how many successful DS metas someone runs then everyone and their mother will want to be a commander of that and then watch the map chat become toxic as multiple commanders all try to command at the same time...). And every time ANet tries to put in harder things, the community asks for it to be nerfed and ANet obliges. Open world PvE is easy compared to raids, PvP and the PvP aspects of WvW.

> > >

> > > By that logic, we should remove all gen 1 and 2 legendary weapons, and aurora, from open world pve and put them in raids... because ya know... those owpve "easy" mode areas don't require any "hard work and dedication"... We should also make it a bannable offense to sell, and buy, raid runs because letting players stand there isn't "hard work or dedication" either. Right?

> >

> > Last time I checked, I had to do some dungeons to make a legendary and if I wanted to make my own precursor, I have to do some fractals. And I have to do WvW.

> >

> > And did you actually read my replies to Ohoni? Raids aren't cheap to buy runs of because you're paying for the time of 9 other people. That takes dedication to farm that gold enough times to get the necessary currency.

>

> To quote an expert on the subject:

>

> ["The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment. . . "](

)

>

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > Edit- it’s pretty interesting how you think a player farming gold for raid carries is applying a real and superior effort over another player who plays the game achieving specific goals...

>

> Priorities, right?

Yeah, seems so. Didn’t know gold farming was a superior form of dedication and effort in the game, over anything related to owpve gameplay.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

>easier content

It's actually impossible to go easier than the WvW set unless you want everyone to have the sets unlocked by default which is something no one here is asking for so what are you talking about with "people just want to have it easier"? Also, there is no such thing as "the tree pilars" as A-Net clearly differentiates between multiple parts of PvM (raids, fractals...) and PvP (WvW, sPvP...). With your logic we have to remove one of the legendary sets and one of the legendary backpacks cause guess what, both sPvP and WvW are ultimately "PvP" and we don't want do have multiple sets for the same thing now do we?

> @Tails.9372 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> >easier content

> It's actually impossible to go easier than the WvW set unless you want everyone to have the sets unlocked by default which is something no one here is asking for so what are you talking about with "people just want to have it easier"? Also, there is no such thing as "the tree pilars" as A-Net clearly differentiates between multiple parts of PvM (raids, fractals...) and PvP (WvW, sPvP...). With your logic we have to remove one of the legendary sets and one of the legendary backpacks cause guess what, both sPvP and WvW are ultimately "PvP" and we don't want do have multiple sets for the same thing now do we?

>

>

No fractals, dungeons, raids and openworld is pve and in all of them you fight monsters there is no PvM (that is something you have come up with yourself to exlude jump puzzles, harvesting materials, map completing etc)

Some of them are instanced and for a set number of people.

> @Linken.6345 said:

>there is no PvM (that is something you have come up with yourself to exlude jump puzzles, harvesting materials, map completing etc)

Nope, I'm not the one who invented this term and I call it PvM because that's what it is. Gameplay wise stuff like JPs are fundamentally different from any kind of general content in this game even more so then PvM vs PvP, it's pretty much its own thing. So making a clear cut destinction is only logical.

Ok.. waa waa waa.. we all want some kind of legendary loot to make us feel special.. there I said it.

With that out if the way, lets talk about making these items accessible to everyone, yet.. not abundantly so.

I propose, what we do is make it so that when a character gets to 1000 hours of played time , they get a soul bound legendary weapon they have access to (IE: They would need to own the expansion to get G2 options)

At every 1000 hours after that (on the same character), they could select another soul bound legendary item, IE: Back, Trinket, Armor, Etc.

Now, I am sure many would be like.. "Oh that's too easy" but lets get real.. to get 1000 in a year, is putting in 20 hours a week , that's a Part Time Job, that's a serious commitment to this game, and even then, people who had been here since day 1, and put in around 6K hours in 5 years, there is a good chance they were not all the same character, so at best they would have a few extra legendary weapons, and maybe few items.

So it would not overwhelm the game with the items, and players would need to put in the time to earn them, a 1000 hours played time is no joke, even if they were bad at the game, they were persistent about it.

Also this way, anyone could get a legendary item doing whatever they wanted, as long as they logged in and played the game.

Apparently, people missed that AFK scripting (IE: Running a Macro to prevent getting kicked from the game while AFK) to gain something from the game is a **ban-able offence**.

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> Stop assuming owpve content = easy path (requirements) created by the devs. Get it now? Understand?

> Who cares about “core pillars”? The request was specific in my op... and for a reason... (and for larger reasons than what is stated because... deeper thinking about topics leads to good places and conversations).

> “Each one has their own path to legendary”... What does that have to do with my op?

> That last part is meaningless to this topic.

> Also, this request is about paths to all legendary gear for all modes.

This is what you literally just said. We already have it, thus you're asking for more is clearly a grab at getting it from methods you find easier.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> It just happens people in this thread really like to shift the goalpost and deny that raiding is PvE because its not something they want to do, which is fundamentally flawed logic.

They're also content that's explicitly not intended for the majority of players, as stated directly by a dev:

>@"Crystal Reid.2481" said:

> We won't be adding a different difficulty tier at this time. Raids need to continue to remain the most challenging content in the game, and they aren't designed to be accessible by everyone from a skill perspective.