More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"PopeUrban.2578" said:

> Transmutation charges are permanent. They do a thing, one time, and the effect is permanent. Same deal as painting a house or whatever.

That's clearly not the definition I was using, so what's the point in your statement?

In case you genuinely were confused, some how, I do not pay real money for things that I use, and then it is gone, even if the service it rendered has a permanent impact. It is better than a consumable that has a temporary effect and then wears off, but even so, if you apply your own reasoning to that, then a temporary XP boost still has the "permanent" effect in that you keep however many XP you earned while it was active.

>I used to be fine with Anet selling skins in the gems store until they spent two expansions proving they can't responsibly balance ingame rewards with gem store rewards in a way that doesn't actively sabotage their own ingame rewards.

I don't really see it as an imbalance, so much as that they don't seem to like making armor sets that only 1/3 of the characters can wear, and prefer to go with Outfits. I believe the big picture solution is to overhaul the existing skins so that they can all be mixed and matched, which I understand would be a significant process, but one which I feel is necessary regardless.

>Since we're talking about radical changes to the game that will never come to pass, my radical change is stop selling literally the thing you expect players to value as loot, run a cash shop based completely on QOL items, and actually run the game like a "buy to play" game.

It's difficult though, since QoL items would either be consumables (and again, /vomit), or they are things where the players buy what they need, and then no longer need that thing. For example, once you have all the character slots, bank tabs, shared slots, etc. that you feel you need, then you have nothing left to buy, and they can't just keep inventing new things that players will need, without creating artificial demand for them, which never feels good. What items do you feel that they should be offering that they currently aren't?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Transmutation charges are permanent. They do a thing, one time, and the effect is permanent. Same deal as painting a house or whatever.

>

Yah but then the skin is on there for as long as you like, unless you are constantly playing "dress up" they can't be that big a sale item, I have well over 100 of them, and I don't think I ever bought any.

Not to mention Mike O already said small ticket items are not money makers due to the gold/gem sales, and given the volume of Outfits I see, which are free to swap around.. yah.. Not seeing those transmutation charges keeping the hamsters fed.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> It's difficult though, since QoL items would either be consumables (and again, /vomit), or they are things where the players buy what they need, and then no longer need that thing. For example, once you have all the character slots, bank tabs, shared slots, etc. that you feel you need, then you have nothing left to buy, and they can't just keep inventing new things that players will need, without creating artificial demand for them, which never feels good. What items do you feel that they should be offering that they currently aren't?

Fun idea:

You're charging people to access content. Rely more on that for monetization and less on "optional" microtransactions that necessarily erode the basic functional design of the game. Do what warframe does and simply sell shortcuts to stuff obtainable ingame, and make your cash shop currency the only usable trade currency. Don't wanna go unlock all those hero points? buy a hero point unlocker. Don't wanna actually walk to the next town over? Buy a waypoint unlocker. If your microtransaction shop is specifically designed to allow people to pay money to play the game less, be honest about it. Actually allow people to pay you money to play the game less. Wanna trade for a new item someone is selling? Buy some gems, or go actually loot something of value and sell it for some gems.

You know, concentrate the value around things obtained ingame in stead of concentrating the value around things purchased from the cash shop.

Then your directive is to actually add more stuff to the game, because you're monetizing primarily stuff you've made avaliable by playing it, and giving every single player a reasonable amount of earning potential in stead of the current system where your "free" player's earning potential is drastically reduced specifically to get people to buy overpriced stuff in the gem store.

It works. Warframe has had a consistantly high concurrent player base since launch and remains one of the top 20 most played games on steam, pushes out free updates regularly, and manages to do all that without creating a game that feels like you can't get anything without grinding for two weeks. They're doing that with a free to play game. Take that approach and apply it to a game with a paid expansion model to account for the more expensive content development of GW2... and you've got a game that makes money by effectively monetizing and treating fairly the majority rather than the minority of your audience.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

>

> Not to mention Mike O already said small ticket items are not money makers due to the gold/gem sales

And, this is how misinformation gets spread. What he said was:

"Mount skins are style items, and style items have some unique challenges. They’re subject to individual taste, so except for the very flashiest items, individual style items will have limited sales. Also, GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that. What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game. And the whole point of these items is to support the game."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18347/mike-obrienss-new-response-to-high-priced-mount-skins/p1

As you can see, no mention of the gold/gems exchange.

The connection of this statement to the exchange was supplied by posters, unless you've got a link. Please, get it right.

> You're charging people to access content. Rely more on that for monetization and less on "optional" microtransactions that necessarily erode the basic functional design of the game. Do what warframe does and simply sell shortcuts to stuff obtainable ingame, and make your cash shop currency the only usable trade currency. Don't wanna go unlock all those hero points? buy a hero point unlocker.

Personally, I do not mind this, but "pay to win" is a bit of a minefield, and would be much riskier than the loot crates would have been any time outside of fall 2017.

Also, you have to REALLY trust devs on something like that, because the corruption factor is automatic. Want people to buy Heropoint unlocks? Make obtaining them the normal way MUCH more annoying than most players would enjoy. Want to people to buy WP unlocks? Make it a real slog to reach them on foot. The temptation is very strong and very subtle to NOT make the game as fun as it could be, because if players aren't annoyed then they aren't paying.

>You know, concentrate the value around things obtained ingame in stead of concentrating the value around things purchased from the cash shop.

But they already tried that. You've always been able to convert gems to gold and buy things off the TP, and plenty of quality rewards have been on the TP. The profits they got from that are probably not zero, but also apparently not enough. And if they expanded the process, then you get two issues, one, you increase the "gamble" aspect, by making your RNG your primary source of income, and two, you end up with a situation where high skill players prey upon the low skill players, by earning items they cannot and putting them on the TP, same as the raid-selling issues.

> @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @Cerberus.4315 said:

> > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > Gonna go with no.

> > > > The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

> > >

> > > owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

> >

> > and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its prestige and wow factor would be 0. **_Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it. _**

> >

> > Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

>

> You mean like non raiders buying raids ?

I'm terrible in raids, I get kicked from every group I've ever been with because I suck at them.

I got the hint, so I avoid them.

> @"Lemondrop.5216" said:

> > @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > @Cerberus.4315 said:

> > > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > Gonna go with no.

> > > > > The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

> > > >

> > > > owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

> > >

> > > and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its prestige and wow factor would be 0. **_Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it. _**

> > >

> > > Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

> >

> > You mean like non raiders buying raids ?

>

> I'm terrible in raids, I get kicked from every group I've ever been with because I suck at them.

> I got the hint, so I avoid them.

I was simple pointing out to TexZero that his point about Legendary armors being "in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it" was faulted by the fact that someone can buy raid clears with no effort on their part. It was in no way meant to put down anyone on either side of that.

edit** I agree with you, raids are not for everyone, just like wvw and spvp are not for everyone. So why can't we have an alternate method to obtain legendary armor. I don't need them to be easy to get and I don't want them to have the prestigious skins of raids.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > @UnDeadFun.5824 said:

> > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > > > > I miss the old Guild Wars 1 approach to gear. Best-in-slot gear was very easy to attain from multiple sources. Of course, you still had the prestige items that required some effort. The only differences were the skins.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I think there should be more paths to legendary functionality, but the various modes should have their own skins/effects.

> > > >

> > > > That's the problem. Functionality is not what this is about. They want the skins that are locked behind certain content.

> > >

> > > Please don't start lumping everyone all together, not all of us want that. I would like to see other ways to obtain the functionality. Leave to prestige skins where they are.

> > >

> > > *edit: I do not want anything to be an easy hand out either.

> >

> > Apparently you haven't read the entire thread and they claim to speak for the majority.

> > In your context an entire new set for OWPvE would give you that but this thread is about wanting another path to the Envoy armor in Raids.

>

> To be fair, the OP never said skins. Just the legendary armor itself. Whether he means the skins as well or just the functionality and stats, is unknown. He hasn't explicitly stated what he would be happy with or said anything in my mind that implied either.

>

> This thread is about wanting more paths to legendary armor. Most agree that more paths would be fine to legendary armor. The argument is more on the lines of functionality only or functionality & skin.

Just to clarify... The request was for paths to all legendary gear (weapons, armor, trinkets, back) in all modes (owpve, raids, dungeons, fractals, wvw and spvp).

So if a player wanted to focus on doing raids to earn Nevermore, they could. If a player wanted to stick with wvw for a while, because that’s what they are having fun with, they could earn legendary trinkets... This is about adding all legendary gear to reward tables within each mode, so players can spend their gameplay time doing what they find enjoyable... And that’s always good for business.

Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Seera.5916" said:

> > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > @UnDeadFun.5824 said:

> > > > > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > > > > @"Shining One.1635" said:

> > > > > > I miss the old Guild Wars 1 approach to gear. Best-in-slot gear was very easy to attain from multiple sources. Of course, you still had the prestige items that required some effort. The only differences were the skins.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think there should be more paths to legendary functionality, but the various modes should have their own skins/effects.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's the problem. Functionality is not what this is about. They want the skins that are locked behind certain content.

> > > >

> > > > Please don't start lumping everyone all together, not all of us want that. I would like to see other ways to obtain the functionality. Leave to prestige skins where they are.

> > > >

> > > > *edit: I do not want anything to be an easy hand out either.

> > >

> > > Apparently you haven't read the entire thread and they claim to speak for the majority.

> > > In your context an entire new set for OWPvE would give you that but this thread is about wanting another path to the Envoy armor in Raids.

> >

> > To be fair, the OP never said skins. Just the legendary armor itself. Whether he means the skins as well or just the functionality and stats, is unknown. He hasn't explicitly stated what he would be happy with or said anything in my mind that implied either.

> >

> > This thread is about wanting more paths to legendary armor. Most agree that more paths would be fine to legendary armor. The argument is more on the lines of functionality only or functionality & skin.

>

> Just to clarify... The request was for paths to all legendary gear (weapons, armor, trinkets, back) in all modes (owpve, raids, dungeons, fractals, wvw and spvp).

>

> So if a player wanted to focus on doing raids to earn Nevermore, they could. If a player wanted to stick with wvw for a while, because that’s what they are having fun with, they could earn legendary trinkets... This is about adding all legendary gear to reward tables within each mode, so players can spend their gameplay time doing what they find enjoyable... And that’s always good for business.

>

> Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

You have fun however you want unless you're telling me making legendaries is the only fun the game has to offer.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

>

> But how would you make happy a player that liked the look of Envoy armor and wanted some for himself, but did not enjoy raiding?

I like Envoy armor.

The only thing I like to do ingame is ERP in Salma District.

It would make me happy to get Envoy Armor for ERPing in Salma District.

It's the same logic.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear for every mode (owpve, fractals, spvp, wvw, dungeons) so players can play how they want.

>

> Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

Why didn't you also post something about actual Legendary items?

The original intent for Legendary Weapons was for players that excelled at all forms of play.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

> From there, you’ll need to collect ore, wood, and high-level trophies. You’ll complete dungeons, battle in World vs. World, collect karma, and visit the Temple of Balthazar.

It ignored Structured PVP, but all other forms of content were there. And now we reached a point in 2017 to demand Legendary items for each type of content, going against everything the Legendary tier used to stand for.

Very cute... Guess you people missed the “Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment” part, and how it relates to my remarks. Also, this game is like the 5th place earner among the other NC Soft games... Anet can’t afford to not make changes that will make more players happier...

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Very cute... Guess you people missed the “Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment” part, and how it relates to my remarks. Also, this game is like the 5th place earner among the other NC Soft games... Anet can’t afford to not make changes that will make more players happier...

Being fun from moment to moment doesn't mean "earn legendary by just goofing around". And the game IS fun from moment to moment, if you don't find it fun, then stop playing. And no getting a legendary != fun.

> @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> > @"Lemondrop.5216" said:

> > > @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > @Cerberus.4315 said:

> > > > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > > Gonna go with no.

> > > > > > The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

> > > > >

> > > > > owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

> > > >

> > > > and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its prestige and wow factor would be 0. **_Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it. _**

> > > >

> > > > Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

> > >

> > > You mean like non raiders buying raids ?

> >

> > I'm terrible in raids, I get kicked from every group I've ever been with because I suck at them.

> > I got the hint, so I avoid them.

>

> I was simple pointing out to TexZero that his point about Legendary armors being "in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it" was faulted by the fact that someone can buy raid clears with no effort on their part. It was in no way meant to put down anyone on either side of that.

>

> edit** I agree with you, raids are not for everyone, just like wvw and spvp are not for everyone. So why can't we have an alternate method to obtain legendary armor. I don't need them to be easy to get and I don't want them to have the prestigious skins of raids.

That’s like 20K gold to get the first 150 LI; less if you only do the cheaper wings over a longer period of time. Not too many players can afford that so the majority of players who obtain armor will have done it by actually participating in the raids.

His argument about legendary armor needing effort/dedication isn’t negated just because there’s a few edge cases where there are people who grinded the gold or bought with a credit card.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> >

> > Not to mention Mike O already said small ticket items are not money makers due to the gold/gem sales

>

> And, this is how misinformation gets spread. What he said was:

>

> "Mount skins are style items, and style items have some unique challenges. They’re subject to individual taste, so except for the very flashiest items, individual style items will have limited sales. Also, GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that. What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game. And the whole point of these items is to support the game."

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18347/mike-obrienss-new-response-to-high-priced-mount-skins/p1

>

> As you can see, no mention of the gold/gems exchange.

>

> The connection of this statement to the exchange was supplied by posters, unless you've got a link. Please, get it right.

While the Gold/Gem sale was speculation on the part of myself (and others), that does not change the fact that Mike O himself said.. **Small Ticket items are not money maker**.

So.. No matter how you want to slice it.. small items (IE: transmutation charges) are not keeping the Hamsters fed, and that's direct from Anet.

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> >

> > But how would you make happy a player that liked the look of Envoy armor and wanted some for himself, but did not enjoy raiding?

>

> I like Envoy armor.

> The only thing I like to do ingame is ERP in Salma District.

> It would make me happy to get Envoy Armor for ERPing in Salma District.

>

> It's the same logic.

Sounds like you might be made out of straw there, and you know the problem with strawmen. . .

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> The original intent for Legendary Weapons was for players that excelled at all forms of play.

They never required any degree of "excellence" though. The WvW requirements were fairly effortless to grind out.

>And now we reached a point in 2017 to demand Legendary items for each type of content, going against everything the Legendary tier used to stand for.

Yes, it's called "evolution."

>Being fun from moment to moment doesn't mean "earn legendary by just goofing around". And the game IS fun from moment to moment, if you don't find it fun, then stop playing. And no getting a legendary != fun.

That's your opinion. I do have fun playing the game, but I have less fun than I could be because I can't meaningfully progress towards certain goals I have in the game. They could make the game *more* fun by providing those paths. I should not have to choose between "having less fun because I'm doing an activity I don't enjoy" or "having less fun because I can never get certain items I want."

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> That's your opinion. I do have fun playing the game, but I have less fun than I could be because I can't meaningfully progress towards certain goals I have in the game. They could make the game *more* fun by providing those paths. I should not have to choose between "having less fun because I'm doing an activity I don't enjoy" or "having less fun because I can never get certain items I want."

>

That's your opinion but it's unlikely to ever happen. Instead, they will add new rewards to go after with every release, to keep you with enough goals.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> I should not have to choose between "having less fun because I'm doing an activity I don't enjoy" or "having less fun because I can never get certain items I want."

yah, I feel you, but you know, they will never get it, because they only way they can have fun, is if they can have items that you and others can't.

It's just the way they think. You can't reason against it, or make them understand that it will hurt the game in the long run.. because they can only think about themselves and feeding their ego.

Love your perseverance on this however! Keep up the good fight!

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > I should not have to choose between "having less fun because I'm doing an activity I don't enjoy" or "having less fun because I can never get certain items I want."

>

> yah, I feel you, but you know, they will never get it, because they only way they can have fun, is if they can have items that you and others can't.

>

> It's just the way they think. You can't reason against it, or make them understand that it will hurt the game in the long run.. because they can only think about themselves and feeding their ego.

>

> Love your perseverance on this however! Keep up the good fight!

What is physically stopping you from doing Raids, sPVP, or WvW? You have three options, two of which are extremely casual and are simply timegated, and take no skill at all. If you show up and play the mode, you get it eventually!

Yes, there should be rewards for people who exclusively do things. No, you should not be given the very end-end-endgame goal rewards for simply doing nothing but playing.

This is an MMO, not a 4th grade spelling bee where everyone gets a participation reward.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > >

> > > Not to mention Mike O already said small ticket items are not money makers due to the gold/gem sales

> >

> > And, this is how misinformation gets spread. What he said was:

> >

> > "Mount skins are style items, and style items have some unique challenges. They’re subject to individual taste, so except for the very flashiest items, individual style items will have limited sales. Also, GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that. What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game. And the whole point of these items is to support the game."

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18347/mike-obrienss-new-response-to-high-priced-mount-skins/p1

> >

> > As you can see, no mention of the gold/gems exchange.

> >

> > The connection of this statement to the exchange was supplied by posters, unless you've got a link. Please, get it right.

>

>

> While the Gold/Gem sale was speculation on the part of myself (and others), that does not change the fact that Mike O himself said.. **Small Ticket items are not money maker**.

>

> So.. No matter how you want to slice it.. small items (IE: transmutation charges) are not keeping the Hamsters fed, and that's direct from Anet.

My correction was not connected to the revenue-generation aspect of smaller-ticket items, but to the misinformation you are spreading. It's fine to speculate, but your statement read as if it were fact.

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > >

> > > > Not to mention Mike O already said small ticket items are not money makers due to the gold/gem sales

> > >

> > > And, this is how misinformation gets spread. What he said was:

> > >

> > > "Mount skins are style items, and style items have some unique challenges. They’re subject to individual taste, so except for the very flashiest items, individual style items will have limited sales. Also, GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that. What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game. And the whole point of these items is to support the game."

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18347/mike-obrienss-new-response-to-high-priced-mount-skins/p1

> > >

> > > As you can see, no mention of the gold/gems exchange.

> > >

> > > The connection of this statement to the exchange was supplied by posters, unless you've got a link. Please, get it right.

> >

> >

> > While the Gold/Gem sale was speculation on the part of myself (and others), that does not change the fact that Mike O himself said.. **Small Ticket items are not money maker**.

> >

> > So.. No matter how you want to slice it.. small items (IE: transmutation charges) are not keeping the Hamsters fed, and that's direct from Anet.

>

> My correction was not connected to the revenue-generation aspect of smaller-ticket items, but to the misinformation you are spreading. It's fine to speculate, but your statement read as if it were fact.

Either way.. those stone are not money makers.. **which was the whole point of the discussion**.. Now if you are done derailing it.. lets let them get back to that.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

>

> >

> > Yes, it's called "evolution."

>

> It's called pointless entitlement.

>

It can be both.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > That's your opinion. I do have fun playing the game, but I have less fun than I could be because I can't meaningfully progress towards certain goals I have in the game. They could make the game *more* fun by providing those paths. I should not have to choose between "having less fun because I'm doing an activity I don't enjoy" or "having less fun because I can never get certain items I want."

> >

>

> That's your opinion but it's unlikely to ever happen. Instead, they will add new rewards to go after with every release, to keep you with enough goals.

But again, rewards are not fungible. The rewards people want are the rewards people want. It's not about them providing a sufficient "quantity" of rewards, if those rewards do not appeal to the people they are available to. You seem to not care what you get,. so long as it's difficult to get. Most people do not think that way. If you have a pool of players, and you offer two tracks, A and B, that each offer different rewards, some players will like both tracks and both rewards, some will like neither, but there will be plenty of people who prefer the activities of track A over B, and vice versa, and there's plenty of people who will prefer the reward that A offers over B's, and vice versa, and there's absolutely NO way to sync those two state up, there is guaranteed to be plenty of players who will not be able to earn their preferred reward through their preferred activity, and that means that their enjoyment of the game *will* be compromised.

That benefits no one.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> What is physically stopping you from doing Raids, sPVP, or WvW? You have three options, two of which are extremely casual and are simply timegated, and take no skill at all. If you show up and play the mode, you get it eventually!

Again, nothing is physically stopping me, and that has never been my argument, but if I *were* to do those thing, I would be enjoying the game *less* than if I did not.

Players should not have to choose.