Is the "Portal to Tyria " broken?

Daddicus.6128

> @Daddicus.6128 said:

> I'm trying to use the portal to Tyria at the center of the Mistlock Sanctuary (MS). However, it says "you do not have access to this map".

>

> Is this a known bug? Or, a one-off?

>

> I did log out from inside the MS. Maybe that broke something?

I'm not having any trouble with it. Did you have trouble with all the destinations? Or just one?

> @Sojourner.4621 said:

> It only remembers your last location through a single play session. If you log off in MS, yeah it won't remember where to send you back to.

It remembers when you log off. I park the occasional character there when I quit out of the game. When I go back in it remembers the last map I was on.

Actually, earlier in this thread I mention that I tried numerous permutations of back-and-forth between the same places (instances, WvW, Guild Hall, etc.) Generally, it works properly. Even after logging out and shutting down the game. Even after a reboot.

But, rarely (it seems), you can get left in limbo. It has happened twice to me so far (about 2 weeks apart, from my first post Nov 30 to yesterday).

So, I think it's a bug, but it will be devilishly hard for the devs to hunt it down. (Intermittent bugs are always the worst to chase.)

I reported it in-game both times, but I suspect those will get written off as one-time glitches unless more data is brought forward.

The fact that it DOES work most of the time implies that it SHOULD work, so it truly is a bug. But, how on earth do we document it so ANet has a snowball's chance in that fiery place to figuring it out?

Yeah, you can go back to the guild hall from an instance by using the guild panel. I did that many times while testing out the permutations. I also did other instances where they made sense (home instance and WvW). They seem to mostly work seamlessly with the Mistlock Sanctuary. But, on occasion, you can't get back to the map you originally left.

• 2 years later...

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> If you teleport to Mistlock from an instance (say, guild hall or home instance or story) and then try to use the Return to Previous Map portal choice, or double-click the MS key, you will get that response. Or at least I do. I just assumed it doesn't work with instances at all, just regular maps.

Just adding to this conversation for the record; it looks a bug, pure and simple. It happened to me just now with a character I'd had on the Matriarch's platform in VB. Used my MS Passkey to get into Mistlock; tried to use the portal to take me back to the platform and got the message. In between the two I'd been playing on a different character, and had logged in to the first character a couple of times without taking it out of Mistlock - but I have lots of characters, I regularly swap between them during sessions, and I normally leave them parked in Mistlock (sometimes for weeks). I suspect that it had simply lost track of my correct "previous location" - I've seen that before once or twice, when I've used "too many" portals, scrolls and the like in quick succession. Although it's only happened once or twice, and I regularly use the following complex sequence without problem: Start in Rata Sum; Enter Home instance and loot; Enter Guild Hall (without first exiting Home Instance) and loot; Use Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey (without first exiting Guild Hall) and manage my inventory; Swap to other characters and play some more; Log out; Log in after reset on my first character again; Use portal to Tyria (ending up back at the correct location in Rata Sum).