Let us restart instances.

The "continue" option is starting to annoy me, because I'm never given the option **not** to continue. The new story instances have multiple achievements scattered throughout that can all fail instantly, and you need to do the entire instance from the start in order to do these achievements. So, if your FPS flatlines because that bug STILL isn't fixed, and you get struck by lightning at the start of the instance, you don't get the option to try again. You have to waste an untold amount of time going through the entire story just so you can go back and do the achievements.

At PoF launch I could rig it by swapping story steps and selecting to abandon progress, but Daybreak is designed purposefully to prevent you from abandoning progress. I don't give a darn about the story, what I care about is the fact that various items and services that are locked behind achievements and I am not given the option to attempt these achievements. Add a "restart" option to all instances.

> @IndigoSundown.5419 said:

> While you're at it, add checkpoints so the seemingly large number of people who DC in story instances don't have to repeat the instance from the beginning.

Isn't that what BRA is talking about?

If it were so easy to restart the instances - just log out and then go back - there would be no point to his request. Don't the Daybreak instances have a sort of "save points" so you return back to the check point you left, even if you disconnect or are thrown away from the map?

> @Erasculio.2914 said:

> > @IndigoSundown.5419 said:

> > While you're at it, add checkpoints so the seemingly large number of people who DC in story instances don't have to repeat the instance from the beginning.

>

> Isn't that what BRA is talking about?

>

> If it were so easy to restart the instances - just log out and then go back - there would be no point to his request. Don't the Daybreak instances have a sort of "save points" so you return back to the check point you left, even if you disconnect or are thrown away from the map?

>

I believe what he is asking for is to not have to do the entire story chapter to get achievements, not the ability to save progress in instances. I believe checkpoints would help with some aspects of his request, but they would not remove the requirement to walk through any story elements to get to the instance if one is going for an achievement after completing the chapter. For instance, in doing achievements for a chapter like Night of Fires that would require someone to be in the end instance, the player would need to talk to NPC's and complete tasks in the over-world on restarting the chapter.

Edit: I have not done Daybreak yet, but if ANet is at least going to put in checkpoints going forward, I will be happy for that.

I was kind of freaked out during the last story step in this update, because I was fighting some enemies with my Thief and got stuck inside some terrain. I couldn't get out and thought I'd have to redo half the mission. Luckily, I was able to use Shadowstep to get myself out eventually, but it was touch and go there.

> @Ohoni.6057 said:

> I was kind of freaked out during the last story step in this update, because I was fighting some enemies with my Thief and got stuck inside some terrain. I couldn't get out and thought I'd have to redo half the mission. Luckily, I was able to use Shadowstep to get myself out eventually, but it was touch and go there.

Not everyone has an ability like shadowstep that can pull themselves out of a terrain glitch. My ranger got stuck inside a wall in an earlier story of HoT. I tried everything in my bag of tricks including dodging but nothing worked, so the only thing I could do was close the game down in order to try and free my character from the wall. It worked, but I had to start all over just to completed the instance, even though I had done 1/2 of it already.