Should mounts be added to wvw ?

MarkoNS.3261

It's an interesting concept, but with all of the mounts I can think of situations in which they'd be broken. Both raptor and jackal could just race around the map and essentially be impervious to enemies as an enemy would need to be unmounted to attack but then they'll get away. Springer would be OP for obvious reasons, as would griffin. Skimmer is probably the most balanced but it'd be mostly pointless and the lag of all the points would nullify any positive impact it may have.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously not.

We do have to build our character in order to have low, medium or high mobility ( except revenants which only has low mobility ) and trade for it.

Having mounts will mean to kill some classes.

Also WvW is, since beta, laggy.

And i wouldn't risk to have way more lag just because of mounts.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> They are not going to be able to cowardly flee away instantly like they are asking to...

Lol. No. You are doing them too much credit assuming they want increased mobility. They want to play wvw, but are sad no one can see their awesome gemstore skins. They just want to fill my camera with their awesome griffons and fiery raptors.

They want to pip farm on expensive skins and force the zerg to notice how great they look. The whole screen is already the visual equivalent of corned beef hash; adding more opportunity for vanity spam is the real danger here.

I said maybe because something needs to happen to save the game mode. There are other games that have mounted combat and are also a very popular feature, I'm just not sure how they would implement it, or how the community would receive it. I want nothing but success for wvw. It is a game mode that I am extremely passionate about and would like to see it get back on track without anymore derailments.