Max 16FPS on lowest settings with good system

Heyho,

I got a problem; GW2 is running at max 16fps. The computer im trying to play this on got an i5 6500, 16GB of ram, a r9 390 8gb and its installed on ssd.

But even on the lowest possible settings and resolution, it gets 10-16 fps at max. Drivers are the newest, I checked temps of cpu and gpu, its all ok. But why is the game so slow? It should be a decent system for GW2, shouldnt it?

On a way less powerful laptop the game runs way smoother, so what is going on here?

What settings are you trying to run it on?

Because this game can actually be pretty graphics intensive.

Personally, because I am totally a sucker for pretty, I run on:

Resolution: Windowed Fullscreen

Animation: High

Antialiasing: FXAA

Environment: High

LOD Distance: Medium

Reflections: All

Textures: High

Render Sampling: Native

Shadows: High

Shaders: High

Postprocessing: High

Character Model Limit: High

Character Model Quality: High

As for what is ticked and unticked

+ Ambient Occlusion

Best Texture Filtering

+ Depth Blur

+ Effect LOD

+ High Res Character Textures

+ Light Adaptation

Vertical Sync

If you are having trouble, I would untick High Res Character Textures because that only makes everything even more detailed and graphics intensive.

You can probably also lower the Character Model Limit, because maybe having lots of high detailed characters around is also causing issues.

Funnily enough, something that improved my frames, particularly in World Bosses and HUGE group things where I suffered the most, turning down the sound quality was actually a huge help. This is because the game tries to render the highest possible sound quality for every person around you and if you don't have a dedicated and powerful sound card, the rest of your computer is forced to work hard. In the end it just ends up sounding like a loud mess anyway and turning down the sound quality hardly changes anything because the sound still seems to be really great where I moved it to the middle.

You could also change post processing to low, because the difference between High and Low is negligible. Completely turned off, you lose the colour filter that sort of enhances each map and just makes it feel more realistic.

This probably isn't too much help and I am sorry about that, but I haven't really had a lot of issues with FPS in the game so far. Mine sits at around 85 to 90 most of the time so long as there isn't 50 people all spamming a boss or something.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> What settings are you trying to run it on?

> Because this game can actually be pretty graphics intensive.

>

> Personally, because I am totally a sucker for pretty, I run on:

> Resolution: Windowed Fullscreen

>

> Animation: High

> Antialiasing: FXAA

> Environment: High

> LOD Distance: Medium

> Reflections: All

> Textures: High

> Render Sampling: Native

> Shadows: High

> Shaders: High

> Postprocessing: High

> Character Model Limit: High

> Character Model Quality: High

>

> As for what is ticked and unticked

> + Ambient Occlusion

> Best Texture Filtering

> + Depth Blur

> + Effect LOD

> + High Res Character Textures

> + Light Adaptation

> Vertical Sync

>

> If you are having trouble, I would untick High Res Character Textures because that only makes everything even more detailed and graphics intensive.

> You can probably also lower the Character Model Limit, because maybe having lots of high detailed characters around is also causing issues.

>

> Funnily enough, something that improved my frames, particularly in World Bosses and HUGE group things where I suffered the most, turning down the sound quality was actually a huge help. This is because the game tries to render the highest possible sound quality for every person around you and if you don't have a dedicated and powerful sound card, the rest of your computer is forced to work hard. In the end it just ends up sounding like a loud mess anyway and turning down the sound quality hardly changes anything because the sound still seems to be really great where I moved it to the middle.

>

> You could also change post processing to low, because the difference between High and Low is negligible. Completely turned off, you lose the colour filter that sort of enhances each map and just makes it feel more realistic.

>

> This probably isn't too much help and I am sorry about that, but I haven't really had a lot of issues with FPS in the game so far. Mine sits at around 85 to 90 most of the time so long as there isn't 50 people all spamming a boss or something.

>

Everything on lowest settings possible. Like really, everything, except resolution. Going lowest res gives 1 FPS more. Thats the thing, its really everything set to lowest. On this rig, i expect more FPS :( Cant play like this. Also unticked things like High Res Textures and so on. Its really weird.

> @Solaris.2489 said:

> I used to have this problem, 17 fps everywhere. It turned out I had the 32 bit version of gw2 which does not function correctly with 64 bit windows. Installing the 64 bit gw2 client solved it and I have 60 fps everywhere except LA (30ish fps) on highest settings.

This. Definitely make sure you are running the correct version corresponding to your OS. 32-bit client for 32-bit OS, 64-bit client for 64-bit OS.