> > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"huehuehueh.5106" said:

> > > > > > > > > 1. Pets melt to conditions, if you kill them both they have to wait like 45 secs without any pets

> > > > > > > > > 2. If you stand on top of a pillar or a no port with no path to location you are immune to pets

> > > > > > > > > 3. pets mindlessly follow a enemy unless told otherwise, jumping up jump puzzles forces them to go all the way around, by the time they reach you, you can just jump back down and waste their time running back (with the exception of the smokescale, they can port)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 1. You can clear condi's off your pet, heal them, and swap to stop them from dying no?

> > > > > > > > 2. So what are you going to do up there in a match?

> > > > > > > > 3. You can hotkey the commands to have them not do that. I'm sorry but having to press a few more keys instead mindlessly having pet do all the work is a good thing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 1. You can't really reliably cleanse conditions on your pet. In fact, a lot of our condition removal actually puts MORE condis on our pet.

> > > > > > > 2. Kite/LoS

> > > > > > > 3. I agree with this. Although, the pet really doesn't have any commands besides attack/recall and beast ability. So, there's not much we _can_ do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I watched that twitch video you posted. At no point in time was your pet in any imminent danger. The initial fight went the time limit until mandatory amulet switch was implemented. The initial fight you last long enough for multiple +1's if it were a real PvP match & you were actually trying to win the fight...not bunker.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ranger is a low skill class and those 3 commands can ensure you control your pet w/out having to do much else.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'd like the pets to reflect the ranger's stats. That's the proper fix moving forward. Leave the skill floor/ceiling on the class b/c we do need low skill entry classes for players

> > > > >

> > > > > At no point in time was my pet focused either. I was actually running diviners amulet and then swapped over to berserker after the time limit ran out. I don't see your point though? I play ranger well, and I frequently 1vX... but what are you trying to say?

> > > > >

> > > > > All classes are relatively low skill. That point is moot. The entire game is advertised around being easy for anyone to pick up and play. Also, how complicated would you like out pet management to be? Would you like rangers to type in a string of code each time we'd like out pet to do something? Managing the pet is already a hell of a lot more complicated than other classes if you think about it. Every other classes' class mechanics can be activated with a single button. _Talk about fire and forget._ Saying that "pets are too easy to control" is like saying that a thief should have to press 5 buttons in order to steal.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pets reflecting a ranger's stats would be absolutely amazing for us (because it would be completely broken). A properly specced ranger will have a pet that does absurd amounts damage as well as being incredibly tanky. In PvP, a damage-oriented ranger's pet will go back to post-HoT-release pet damage. If defensively-oriented, the pet will be impossible to kill and pump out insane amounts of healing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Think about it like this... people complain about smokescale's damage and tankiness when it has:

> > > > > 1500 power

> > > > > 2.2k armor

> > > > > 30% critical chance

> > > > > 150% critical damage

> > > > >

> > > > > Now imagine if it had:

> > > > > 2.5k power

> > > > > 2.8k armor

> > > > > 60% critical chance

> > > > > 200% critical damage

> > > > >

> > > > > Be careful what you wish for.

> > > >

> > > > Current damage would be the damage for glass stats and you would scale down from there. At this time you can go full bunker with that damage. What you are seeing now isn't the low end but the max of what your pet should do. So you'd have to run Zerk to keep ur current damage.

> > > >

> > > > That's balance.

> > >

> > > So we'd need full zerker to do 3k on a pet burst every 20 seconds? _Nice._

> > >

> > > Using your logic, we'd hit for about 300 every 20 seconds on a bunker build. Lmao... It's a good thing you're not in charge of balance.

> > >

> > > Smokescale and Bristleback have already received damage nerfs of over 66% on their main damage skills and you want them to be nerfed _**more**_?? Bristleback is already considered borderline usable because of the damage nerfs and smokescale is taken for the smoke field and reliability, not damage. Think a bit before you make such a ridiculous suggestion. You're saying that pets should receive a gigantic damage nerf and rangers would receive **ZERO** compensation as a result? Completely brainless.

> >

> > That pet damage injunction with Zerker damage would be good damage. Wait you thought you'd get more damage? ROFLMAO are you kidding me?

> >

> > Wow

> >

> > No words can describe the hilarity of that.

> >

> > Have a great day man

>

> If you'd use your brain a little bit, you'd make a reasonable suggestion. Logically, if pets were to scale off our stats, they would receive a damage increase if we were to go glass, and a damage decrease if we were to go bunker. NOT remain the same if we go glass, and a decrease across the board everywhere else.

>

> There's a reason why you have over 200 posts and only 150 thumbs up. People generally don't agree with what you have to say. The numbers speak for themselves.

I can instantly farm thumbs up by going to each profession forum and say "F Anet X class is the most hated class in game"

Sorry bra I only care about overall game balance and having fights determined by skill.

Truth be told I would keep the pets durability and only have the damage effected by stats since the coming flood of ranger tears would drown all known gw2 intra webz forums.

Sounds fair

I'm not gutting your class just creating a situation where you can't have your pet kill someone w/out taking damage stats. It's a fair legit change and it keeps the low skill floor intact just raises the ceiling a bit. I'm a ranger fan btw

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I just mentioned how fresh air counters longbow with focus and gs _and_ s/d with super speed.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Neat, learning stuff - non-staff Druids I literally have no idea about because Staff seems like a dumb thing for a Druid to not take.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Diccoco plays s/f really well and I've consistently lost to him on that build back when he still played, simply because fresh air completely hard counters our pet and weapons.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You're in luh wit Dicoco

> > > > > > > > > > Lightning Strike got you low low

> > > > > > > > > > Fresh air, you're like 'oh no' (oh no no please no)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah its weird. I don't really think any druid likes playing staff. Without air/blood sigils, the auto attack literally hits for next to nothing. The movement skill is on a ridiculously long cooldown. The water field is a line rather than a circle. The vines are hard-to-hit line skill shot that struggles to hit a moving target at max range. The wisp is also almost entirely useless asides from generating additional astral force.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As a ranger main, I would happily take double axes over staff. A/a has higher ranged pressure, soft cc, weakness, o.k. autos, hard cc, and projectile denial.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The only thing staff is good for is generating astral force and some additional AoE healing. Other than that, its a pretty crappy weapon.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > S/d beats staff out because of the additional evades you receive

> > > > > > > > > Gs beats staff out because of the cc, evades, movement, and burst damage

> > > > > > > > > Longbow beats staff out because of the cc, stealth, range, and burst

> > > > > > > > > etc. etc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You want short CD long range mobility on support spec? Seriously? The CD on it is already way too short for what it does and how much impact it has on match outcome (especially on foefire where you can camp edge of mid and babysit home at the same time -> can't decap that unless druid is dumb). Try to roam vs team with smart druid - you will ask to delete staff all together after that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Actually AA on staff hurts like hell for a support weapon, especially vs squishy targets. I mean look at necro staff AA or thief sb. Those are purely support weapons and their AA is non-existent basically. Also staff AA doesn't get reflected and tracks stealthed targets. It also doesn't suffer from range discrimination like thief which is forced into 900 range outside of rifle.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think you really don't understand what staff is there for. From what i reading you wish staff would deal dps of dps weapon set and have shorter CDs on utilities. For real now? Is this a joke?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Should be clear by now that he doesn't know what he's talking about, and is biased as hell.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've actually provided a lot of substance behind my posts in regards to skill usage, weapon skills, and different matchups. All of which you've failed to do time and time again. If you really believe you know more than me or can play better, 1v1 me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So far, almost everyone I've offered to 1v1 has refused... _weird huh?_

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah a lot of insightful knowledge like claiming that FA ele _hard counters druid_. Ele kitten giggle.

> > > >

> > > > I literally made an entire post about it. It's not my problem _**you**_ can't play it correctly.

> > > >

> > > > The super speed negates our pet and melee weapons. The projectile denial negates our longbow. Signet of Restoration negates our staff damage.

> > >

> > > Yeah the 200 healing from signet negates the 1-1.5k channeled damage. You need 8 abilities casted every 1.25 seconds to negate it. Not even a massive burst combo reaches 8 spell casts, and those don't happen often.

> > >

> > > The 30 seconds cd 6 and 3 secs duration reflects negate any and ALL projectile damage. I know the average druid is dumb as kitten, but some people can anticipate stuff you know? Like not shooting when the reflect is up, or reading it and switching weapons.

> > >

> > > The superspeed negates any and ALL pet damage? Also negates the melee weapon attacks? LOL.

> > >

> > > I got one too, your CA negates all damage that ele does. BOOM! See, I can exaggerate nonsense like a biased scrub too. Except it's not fully incorrect especially in menders builds.

> > >

> >

> > Staff pings barely hit 750 on average over the course of the cast time. That's basically 3 skill uses not counting regeneration. Realistically, if you're playing fresh air correctly, 3 skill uses in a short period of time is perfectly reasonable. Also, there's no reason why (logically) that an entire healing skill would be outdamaged by a single weak hitting auto attack on a weapon that's focused around support (and it isn't).

> >

> > You're also not taking into account weapon swaps (which you might forget, since eles can't weapon swap). Once an ele pops projectile reflect, there is literally no point in remaining in longbow because 4 out of the 5 skills become completely useless (in the case of swirling winds), or detrimental (due to magnetic aura or magnetic wave). Thus, we swap out of longbow to our other weaponset (generally either staff or s/x) in which the former ALSO has 2 out of the 5 skills negated by projectile denial, and the auto can be negated by signet of restoration... _or_ super speed prevents us from doing sustained damage with our melee set. Since it seems like you've only started playing the game recently, the reason why longbow druids were pushed out of the meta post-HoT was because d/f tempests would make the weapon completely useless in team fights, and hammer + bulwark gyro scrappers would make the weapon completely useless on side nodes.

> >

> > It's a well known fact that pets struggle to hit moving targets. Constant super speed (higher movement speed than swiftness), makes it _impossible_ for a pet to hit you unless it is ranged (countered by projectile denial) or has a skill like smoke assault that tracks. Even in the case of smokescale, the channeled skill does 2.6-3k damage on average and it down for another 20 seconds on meta druid. Also, yes. I don't know if you're familiar with how super speed works, but it literally let's you outrun anything that doesn't have super speed. Thus, if you have a high uptime on super speed, it becomes very difficult for anything melee to actually hit you consistently asides from a leap or teleport.

> >

> > I've provided actual numbers in my responses. _**You**_ are the one exaggerating and provided no proof or evidence in yours. CA is up every 15 seconds. Doing the average healing rotation on CA heals for 6384 health. Over 15 seconds, that's 425 damage per second which is only a 35 health difference from stage 1 on scepter auto attack on air using fresh air meta. Which, also happens to get blown out of the water on any crits. So, to explain it in a way you can understand, if you use scepter air auto on us for 15 seconds, we can pop CA, do the "meta" healing rotation and break completely even, or, if you've critically hit at all (with 63% base critical hit chance or 83% with fury, so it should happen very often), will not heal for the full amount your autos have done. Also, in that time, you can also cast a plethora of other damaging skills while simultaneously maintaining the beam or taking small breaks in its casting.

>

> I stopped reading at 750 staff autos. Not even on bunker druid it hits for that little. Superspeed isn't permanent and the reflects aren't permanent. I know it's funny to exaggerate and mass hyperbole on everything you do to defend your low IQ class, but it's time to wake up from your delusions.

>

> B I A S E D that your class can be played by literal downs people at your same level. I'm done with you lmfao. Keep posting, idc.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/189688#Comment_189688

We can't nerf ranger to uselessness, but we can raise the skill ceiling.

p.s. My nephew is playing Scourge now too so he's got 2 classes to play with us now. We are so happy for him too!

Foooo, you guys know why Druid requires much less skills nowadays? Why fights with Druids are boring and passive? It's all because of "YOU"!

Thanks to endless complains, every nice thing was removed or nerfed, and removal of Cleric forced poor Quaggan to pick completly defensive and passive trait lines to stay alive. Do you think Quaggan wants to play **Nature Magic & Wildness Survival** (?), it was much more skilled and fun to run **Beast Mastery & Marksmanship** with Greatsword, so many possible big plays went into kiting, healing and running away in stealth.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> Foooo, you guys know why Druid requires much less skills nowadays? Why fights with Druids are boring and passive? It's all because of "YOU"!

> Thanks to endless complains, every nice thing was removed or nerfed, and removal of Cleric forced poor Quaggan to pick completly defensive and passive trait lines to stay alive. Do you think Quaggan wants to play **Nature Magic & Wildness Survival** (?), it was much more skilled and fun to run **Beast Mastery & Marksmanship** with Greatsword, so many possible big plays went into kiting, healing and running away in stealth.

Preach.

That's why a lot of classes were gutted, or in the situation they are in.

People cry about the flavor of the month, it gets nerfed, and something broken comes out, people cry, gets nerf.

Big ol' cycle, yet people seemed to have not figured it out yet, or don't want to.

Could care less honestly.

As it was said before, druid is just a good pick in the meta now, last season they weren't that hot, now they are picking up in popularity to counter scourge.

Is it good to go hard counter flavor classes? No, but people do not have a choice. If the builds existed, I would've picked up an anti-meta build, but they don't have that.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> Foooo, you guys know why Druid requires much less skills nowadays? Why fights with Druids are boring and passive? It's all because of "YOU"!

> Thanks to endless complains, every nice thing was removed or nerfed, and removal of Cleric forced poor Quaggan to pick completly defensive and passive trait lines to stay alive. Do you think Quaggan wants to play **Nature Magic & Wildness Survival** (?), it was much more skilled and fun to run **Beast Mastery & Marksmanship** with Greatsword, so many possible big plays went into kiting, healing and running away in stealth.

Maybe they got gutted because they could do too many things at once? People want everything. Damage, stealth, sustain, group heals. In a balanced game, you would only be able to pick 2 of those. Of course now everyone gave up on damage because they cannot let go of the healing.

Prenerfs druid with 15k spike barrages and 8k smoke assaults, now that was fun and above all SKILLFUL!

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > Foooo, you guys know why Druid requires much less skills nowadays? Why fights with Druids are boring and passive? It's all because of "YOU"!

> > Thanks to endless complains, every nice thing was removed or nerfed, and removal of Cleric forced poor Quaggan to pick completly defensive and passive trait lines to stay alive. Do you think Quaggan wants to play **Nature Magic & Wildness Survival** (?), it was much more skilled and fun to run **Beast Mastery & Marksmanship** with Greatsword, so many possible big plays went into kiting, healing and running away in stealth.

>

> Maybe they got gutted because they could do too many things at once? People want everything. Damage, stealth, sustain, group heals. In a balanced game, you would only be able to pick 2 of those. Of course now everyone gave up on damage because they cannot let go of the healing.

>

> Prenerfs druid with 15k spike barrages and 8k smoke assaults, now that was fun and above all SKILLFUL!

Quaggan wasn't talking about pet damage, but whatever.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > Foooo, you guys know why Druid requires much less skills nowadays? Why fights with Druids are boring and passive? It's all because of "YOU"!

> > > Thanks to endless complains, every nice thing was removed or nerfed, and removal of Cleric forced poor Quaggan to pick completly defensive and passive trait lines to stay alive. Do you think Quaggan wants to play **Nature Magic & Wildness Survival** (?), it was much more skilled and fun to run **Beast Mastery & Marksmanship** with Greatsword, so many possible big plays went into kiting, healing and running away in stealth.

> >

> > Maybe they got gutted because they could do too many things at once? People want everything. Damage, stealth, sustain, group heals. In a balanced game, you would only be able to pick 2 of those. Of course now everyone gave up on damage because they cannot let go of the healing.

> >

> > Prenerfs druid with 15k spike barrages and 8k smoke assaults, now that was fun and above all SKILLFUL!

>

> Quaggan wasn't talking about pet damage, but whatever.

A nerf is a nerf.

The rangers don’t do as much damage as you think to worry about them. Honestly I have a ranger and maybe if you have one too, you would understand the flaws they have.

Rangers suck up close. The closer you get the better. Unless they are running condi. However in most pvp rangers are not running condi. They are running a healing combo. So basically they are tanky and have low dps rate. Just don’t get hit by traps. But once you get up close it’s over. Rangers can’t launch an arrow a foot away. Unless their other weapon is dagger your good. The great sword is the worst weapon for the ranger. Once they try to hit the knock out key with great sword, dodge and pretty much the ranger ends up running.

Another flaw is if they are running Druid. They are basically doing support. So as long as they are alone you are ok. But when they are with a couple, always target Druid first. Depending on class find a stun skill and smack up the Druid when he starts to run.

As much as your worried about ranger to nerf down. You don’t need to worry about them.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I just mentioned how fresh air counters longbow with focus and gs _and_ s/d with super speed.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Neat, learning stuff - non-staff Druids I literally have no idea about because Staff seems like a dumb thing for a Druid to not take.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Diccoco plays s/f really well and I've consistently lost to him on that build back when he still played, simply because fresh air completely hard counters our pet and weapons.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You're in luh wit Dicoco

> > > > > > > > > > Lightning Strike got you low low

> > > > > > > > > > Fresh air, you're like 'oh no' (oh no no please no)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah its weird. I don't really think any druid likes playing staff. Without air/blood sigils, the auto attack literally hits for next to nothing. The movement skill is on a ridiculously long cooldown. The water field is a line rather than a circle. The vines are hard-to-hit line skill shot that struggles to hit a moving target at max range. The wisp is also almost entirely useless asides from generating additional astral force.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As a ranger main, I would happily take double axes over staff. A/a has higher ranged pressure, soft cc, weakness, o.k. autos, hard cc, and projectile denial.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The only thing staff is good for is generating astral force and some additional AoE healing. Other than that, its a pretty crappy weapon.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > S/d beats staff out because of the additional evades you receive

> > > > > > > > > Gs beats staff out because of the cc, evades, movement, and burst damage

> > > > > > > > > Longbow beats staff out because of the cc, stealth, range, and burst

> > > > > > > > > etc. etc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You want short CD long range mobility on support spec? Seriously? The CD on it is already way too short for what it does and how much impact it has on match outcome (especially on foefire where you can camp edge of mid and babysit home at the same time -> can't decap that unless druid is dumb). Try to roam vs team with smart druid - you will ask to delete staff all together after that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Actually AA on staff hurts like hell for a support weapon, especially vs squishy targets. I mean look at necro staff AA or thief sb. Those are purely support weapons and their AA is non-existent basically. Also staff AA doesn't get reflected and tracks stealthed targets. It also doesn't suffer from range discrimination like thief which is forced into 900 range outside of rifle.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think you really don't understand what staff is there for. From what i reading you wish staff would deal dps of dps weapon set and have shorter CDs on utilities. For real now? Is this a joke?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Should be clear by now that he doesn't know what he's talking about, and is biased as hell.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've actually provided a lot of substance behind my posts in regards to skill usage, weapon skills, and different matchups. All of which you've failed to do time and time again. If you really believe you know more than me or can play better, 1v1 me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So far, almost everyone I've offered to 1v1 has refused... _weird huh?_

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah a lot of insightful knowledge like claiming that FA ele _hard counters druid_. Ele kitten giggle.

> > > >

> > > > I literally made an entire post about it. It's not my problem _**you**_ can't play it correctly.

> > > >

> > > > The super speed negates our pet and melee weapons. The projectile denial negates our longbow. Signet of Restoration negates our staff damage.

> > >

> > > Yeah the 200 healing from signet negates the 1-1.5k channeled damage. You need 8 abilities casted every 1.25 seconds to negate it. Not even a massive burst combo reaches 8 spell casts, and those don't happen often.

> > >

> > > The 30 seconds cd 6 and 3 secs duration reflects negate any and ALL projectile damage. I know the average druid is dumb as kitten, but some people can anticipate stuff you know? Like not shooting when the reflect is up, or reading it and switching weapons.

> > >

> > > The superspeed negates any and ALL pet damage? Also negates the melee weapon attacks? LOL.

> > >

> > > I got one too, your CA negates all damage that ele does. BOOM! See, I can exaggerate nonsense like a biased scrub too. Except it's not fully incorrect especially in menders builds.

> > >

> >

> > Staff pings barely hit 750 on average over the course of the cast time. That's basically 3 skill uses not counting regeneration. Realistically, if you're playing fresh air correctly, 3 skill uses in a short period of time is perfectly reasonable. Also, there's no reason why (logically) that an entire healing skill would be outdamaged by a single weak hitting auto attack on a weapon that's focused around support (and it isn't).

> >

> > You're also not taking into account weapon swaps (which you might forget, since eles can't weapon swap). Once an ele pops projectile reflect, there is literally no point in remaining in longbow because 4 out of the 5 skills become completely useless (in the case of swirling winds), or detrimental (due to magnetic aura or magnetic wave). Thus, we swap out of longbow to our other weaponset (generally either staff or s/x) in which the former ALSO has 2 out of the 5 skills negated by projectile denial, and the auto can be negated by signet of restoration... _or_ super speed prevents us from doing sustained damage with our melee set. Since it seems like you've only started playing the game recently, the reason why longbow druids were pushed out of the meta post-HoT was because d/f tempests would make the weapon completely useless in team fights, and hammer + bulwark gyro scrappers would make the weapon completely useless on side nodes.

> >

> > It's a well known fact that pets struggle to hit moving targets. Constant super speed (higher movement speed than swiftness), makes it _impossible_ for a pet to hit you unless it is ranged (countered by projectile denial) or has a skill like smoke assault that tracks. Even in the case of smokescale, the channeled skill does 2.6-3k damage on average and it down for another 20 seconds on meta druid. Also, yes. I don't know if you're familiar with how super speed works, but it literally let's you outrun anything that doesn't have super speed. Thus, if you have a high uptime on super speed, it becomes very difficult for anything melee to actually hit you consistently asides from a leap or teleport.

> >

> > I've provided actual numbers in my responses. _**You**_ are the one exaggerating and provided no proof or evidence in yours. CA is up every 15 seconds. Doing the average healing rotation on CA heals for 6384 health. Over 15 seconds, that's 425 damage per second which is only a 35 health difference from stage 1 on scepter auto attack on air using fresh air meta. Which, also happens to get blown out of the water on any crits. So, to explain it in a way you can understand, if you use scepter air auto on us for 15 seconds, we can pop CA, do the "meta" healing rotation and break completely even, or, if you've critically hit at all (with 63% base critical hit chance or 83% with fury, so it should happen very often), will not heal for the full amount your autos have done. Also, in that time, you can also cast a plethora of other damaging skills while simultaneously maintaining the beam or taking small breaks in its casting.

>

> I stopped reading at 750 staff autos. Not even on bunker druid it hits for that little. Superspeed isn't permanent and the reflects aren't permanent. I know it's funny to exaggerate and mass hyperbole on everything you do to defend your low IQ class, but it's time to wake up from your delusions.

>

> B I A S E D that your class can be played by literal downs people at your same level. I'm done with you lmfao. Keep posting, idc.

**You can literally get 9 seconds of super speed every 8.75 seconds.** How is it that I know your class better than you do? lol... And that's not even on weaver which has a higher access to super speed than core fresh air

Also, keep embarrassing yourself while I post more hard evidence. This is the meta druid build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYDbkQFaZxSWwhF4axykg1EAecTAnK3lLzB/TLqL1Sk+ZA-jZxHQBK7IAAgLCQCfAAib/B5VGAA

**If you (or anyone) looks at staff auto, it clearly states that it does 245 damage 3 times over the course of 1.25 seconds. If you can't add, that's equal to 735 damage across a full channel if you don't crit (with 30% critical chance, isn't often). The healing numbers I explained in my post also came from the meta build and are exactly what you'd receive after a full healing rotation.**

Thus, if you look at a scholar fresh air core ele's 17245 health, you'd have to spam staff autos for about 25 seconds to do that much damage. Not to mention you can also apply permanent weakness which further reduces that damage due to the fact that you are constantly critically hitting while in air attunement.

_**You didn't read it because it clearly proves you wrong.**_ You don't even know how hard staff autos hit, and are assuming they hit for way more than they actually do.

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"huehuehueh.5106" said:

> > > > > > > > > > 1. Pets melt to conditions, if you kill them both they have to wait like 45 secs without any pets

> > > > > > > > > > 2. If you stand on top of a pillar or a no port with no path to location you are immune to pets

> > > > > > > > > > 3. pets mindlessly follow a enemy unless told otherwise, jumping up jump puzzles forces them to go all the way around, by the time they reach you, you can just jump back down and waste their time running back (with the exception of the smokescale, they can port)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 1. You can clear condi's off your pet, heal them, and swap to stop them from dying no?

> > > > > > > > > 2. So what are you going to do up there in a match?

> > > > > > > > > 3. You can hotkey the commands to have them not do that. I'm sorry but having to press a few more keys instead mindlessly having pet do all the work is a good thing.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 1. You can't really reliably cleanse conditions on your pet. In fact, a lot of our condition removal actually puts MORE condis on our pet.

> > > > > > > > 2. Kite/LoS

> > > > > > > > 3. I agree with this. Although, the pet really doesn't have any commands besides attack/recall and beast ability. So, there's not much we _can_ do.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I watched that twitch video you posted. At no point in time was your pet in any imminent danger. The initial fight went the time limit until mandatory amulet switch was implemented. The initial fight you last long enough for multiple +1's if it were a real PvP match & you were actually trying to win the fight...not bunker.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ranger is a low skill class and those 3 commands can ensure you control your pet w/out having to do much else.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'd like the pets to reflect the ranger's stats. That's the proper fix moving forward. Leave the skill floor/ceiling on the class b/c we do need low skill entry classes for players

> > > > > >

> > > > > > At no point in time was my pet focused either. I was actually running diviners amulet and then swapped over to berserker after the time limit ran out. I don't see your point though? I play ranger well, and I frequently 1vX... but what are you trying to say?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All classes are relatively low skill. That point is moot. The entire game is advertised around being easy for anyone to pick up and play. Also, how complicated would you like out pet management to be? Would you like rangers to type in a string of code each time we'd like out pet to do something? Managing the pet is already a hell of a lot more complicated than other classes if you think about it. Every other classes' class mechanics can be activated with a single button. _Talk about fire and forget._ Saying that "pets are too easy to control" is like saying that a thief should have to press 5 buttons in order to steal.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pets reflecting a ranger's stats would be absolutely amazing for us (because it would be completely broken). A properly specced ranger will have a pet that does absurd amounts damage as well as being incredibly tanky. In PvP, a damage-oriented ranger's pet will go back to post-HoT-release pet damage. If defensively-oriented, the pet will be impossible to kill and pump out insane amounts of healing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Think about it like this... people complain about smokescale's damage and tankiness when it has:

> > > > > > 1500 power

> > > > > > 2.2k armor

> > > > > > 30% critical chance

> > > > > > 150% critical damage

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now imagine if it had:

> > > > > > 2.5k power

> > > > > > 2.8k armor

> > > > > > 60% critical chance

> > > > > > 200% critical damage

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Be careful what you wish for.

> > > > >

> > > > > Current damage would be the damage for glass stats and you would scale down from there. At this time you can go full bunker with that damage. What you are seeing now isn't the low end but the max of what your pet should do. So you'd have to run Zerk to keep ur current damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's balance.

> > > >

> > > > So we'd need full zerker to do 3k on a pet burst every 20 seconds? _Nice._

> > > >

> > > > Using your logic, we'd hit for about 300 every 20 seconds on a bunker build. Lmao... It's a good thing you're not in charge of balance.

> > > >

> > > > Smokescale and Bristleback have already received damage nerfs of over 66% on their main damage skills and you want them to be nerfed _**more**_?? Bristleback is already considered borderline usable because of the damage nerfs and smokescale is taken for the smoke field and reliability, not damage. Think a bit before you make such a ridiculous suggestion. You're saying that pets should receive a gigantic damage nerf and rangers would receive **ZERO** compensation as a result? Completely brainless.

> > >

> > > That pet damage injunction with Zerker damage would be good damage. Wait you thought you'd get more damage? ROFLMAO are you kidding me?

> > >

> > > Wow

> > >

> > > No words can describe the hilarity of that.

> > >

> > > Have a great day man

> >

> > If you'd use your brain a little bit, you'd make a reasonable suggestion. Logically, if pets were to scale off our stats, they would receive a damage increase if we were to go glass, and a damage decrease if we were to go bunker. NOT remain the same if we go glass, and a decrease across the board everywhere else.

> >

> > There's a reason why you have over 200 posts and only 150 thumbs up. People generally don't agree with what you have to say. The numbers speak for themselves.

>

> I can instantly farm thumbs up by going to each profession forum and say "F Anet X class is the most hated class in game"

>

> Sorry bra I only care about overall game balance and having fights determined by skill.

>

> Truth be told I would keep the pets durability and only have the damage effected by stats since the coming flood of ranger tears would drown all known gw2 intra webz forums.

>

> Sounds fair

>

> I'm not gutting your class just creating a situation where you can't have your pet kill someone w/out taking damage stats. It's a fair legit change and it keeps the low skill floor intact just raises the ceiling a bit. I'm a ranger fan btw

The damage has been nerfed to the point where our strongest pet burst hits for 3k on average every 20 seconds. How much further would you like that damage to be nerfed? It is already terrible. Would you like a 20 second cooldown pet burst to hit for sub 500? Because that's basically what it would be if we didn't run glass.

Like I said... _use your brain_. Pet damage has been nerfed over 66% since they first came out. General consensus is that pet damage is already weak. I'm sorry you're having trouble fighting an AI with meh damage. lol. Maybe you should try _moving_ a bit... it gives the AI a lot harder time actually hitting you.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> I was fighting a druid on close yesterday, both he and his pet were unkillable, we somehow managed to kill the druid 2v1 after what seemed like an eternity, but the pet was still full hp. Yet the druid and his pet still did some pretty decent damage. I don't like playing with AI so I don't really know, but is there a build out there that makes your pet immune to damage and condition damage? Pets can be quite sturdy, but this one wouldn't take any scratch at all.

You aren't supposed to 1v2 a druid, so that's your fault. Same reason you're not supposed to 1v2 a multitude of classes such as (literally any bunker spec) like Firebrand or menders weaver or a (point bunker/1vXer) like Spellbreaker or druid. That's literally what you should NEVER do.

Also, you know the answer to the question you asked, so don't be stupid. The thread already has enough of that. If you're in a 1v2 and trying to kill the pet, you're flat out bad and I'm not going to entertain these types of posts any more. There's also the internet, so if you were even a _little_ resourceful, you would go to metabattle and just look at the meta druid build to find your answer.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> shadowpass.4236

> Quaggan thinks your build looks like a meta build, but:

> * Bristleback is so 2015;

> * You lack Signet of Renewal and/or Runes of Dolyak for building Astral Force.

> * Sigil of Agility is really good for kitting and you don't use it on any weapon set.

>

>

The druid who is literally rank 1 on a leaderboards is running this build. Except, he opts to take longbow instead of staff because of how bad the weapon is.

* Bristleback was used at the start because of its damage. Once that was nerfed to 2.4k (which is really low), the abundance of focus Tempests and hammer + bulwark gyro Scrappers pushed bristleback to become completely unusable for a long period of time. In which people started to take wyverns instead. Now, PoF came out and there are hardly any Tempests or Scrappers to be seen (thus not as much projectile denial) and Scourge exists (which completely kills our wyverns). So, we're forced back into Bristleback which serves no purpose other than a small burst that misses at max range and has no utility.

* Signet of Renewal can be swapped out for Quickening Zephyr or Lightning Reflexes.

* Runes of the Dolyak are terrible btw and haven't been meta since just after HoT was released and CA was on a 10 second cooldown. If you play druid right, you don't need 4 different sources of astral form generation. It is overkill at that point.

* Sigil of Agility can be swapped out for either Cleansing or Purity. But that's not great in a tournament setting.

Either way, point is moot. You're just contesting build variations which doesn't actually affect any of the numbers I spoke about.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > I was fighting a druid on close yesterday, both he and his pet were unkillable, we somehow managed to kill the druid 2v1 after what seemed like an eternity, but the pet was still full hp. Yet the druid and his pet still did some pretty decent damage. I don't like playing with AI so I don't really know, but is there a build out there that makes your pet immune to damage and condition damage? Pets can be quite sturdy, but this one wouldn't take any scratch at all.

>

> You aren't supposed to 1v2 a druid, so that's your fault. Same reason you're not supposed to 1v2 a multitude of classes such as (literally any bunker spec) like Firebrand or menders weaver or a (point bunker/1vXer) like Spellbreaker or druid. That's literally what you should NEVER do.

>

> Also, you know the answer to the question you asked, so don't be stupid. The thread already has enough of that. If you're in a 1v2 and trying to kill the pet, you're flat out bad and I'm not going to entertain these types of posts any more. There's also the internet, so if you were even a _little_ resourceful, you would go to metabattle and just look at the meta druid build to find your answer.

Well I was defending our node. Some freshly respawned team mate thought it was a good idea to help, and I was kinda relieved because it was getting boring. I wasn't particularly trying to kill the pet, I just noticed that it would barely take any damage from cleaves and aoes be direct damage or conditions. I generally don't have any trouble with druid and their pet, it was the first and only one that I met that was tankier than a champ.

But you said it yourself, it is pointless to 2v1 a bunker spec. Yet it did pretty decent damage. That's the wrong part.

Sorry for keeping an eye on the pet while fighting the druid.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > I was fighting a druid on close yesterday, both he and his pet were unkillable, we somehow managed to kill the druid 2v1 after what seemed like an eternity, but the pet was still full hp. Yet the druid and his pet still did some pretty decent damage. I don't like playing with AI so I don't really know, but is there a build out there that makes your pet immune to damage and condition damage? Pets can be quite sturdy, but this one wouldn't take any scratch at all.

> >

> > You aren't supposed to 1v2 a druid, so that's your fault. Same reason you're not supposed to 1v2 a multitude of classes such as (literally any bunker spec) like Firebrand or menders weaver or a (point bunker/1vXer) like Spellbreaker or druid. That's literally what you should NEVER do.

> >

> > Also, you know the answer to the question you asked, so don't be stupid. The thread already has enough of that. If you're in a 1v2 and trying to kill the pet, you're flat out bad and I'm not going to entertain these types of posts any more. There's also the internet, so if you were even a _little_ resourceful, you would go to metabattle and just look at the meta druid build to find your answer.

>

> Well I was defending our node. Some freshly respawned team mate thought it was a good idea to help, and I was kinda relieved because it was getting boring. I wasn't particularly trying to kill the pet, I just noticed that it would barely take any damage from cleaves and aoes be direct damage or conditions. I generally don't have any trouble with druid and their pet, it was the first and only one that I met that was tankier than a champ.

>

> But you said it yourself, it is pointless to 2v1 a bunker spec. Yet it did pretty decent damage. That's the wrong part.

>

> Sorry for keeping an eye on the pet while fighting the druid.

>

>

So, I'll offer some advice. You shouldn't actually be 1v1ing a druid on their cap. But if you were defending your point, your teammates should have gone to another point. If I remember correctly, pets were dying to AoEs even faster, so Anet made them take less damage if they weren't directly targetted to try and help that. If you have a scourge or mirage, our pets completely blow up anyways because they don't have any condition clear. They _are_ more resistant to power damage though.

Also, you just probably fought a good druid depending on your division. I can fight upwards of 3-4 people as long as I have stability or they don't have a thief on me.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Harrier Firebrand that a lot of people are running now (like the Firebrand in the top 5), but it has druid level healing (consistently in an AoE due to symbols, tomes, and utilities), as well as close to 100% critical chance, massive boon support and condition clears, and does an ABSURD amount of damage on point. Like, it can burn down a menders druid in a few seconds if you stand in the damage and can outdamage healing from CA.

If you want to talk about broken, its that build. Druid is good at trolling a side node but that's about it. I don't see why everyone wants us nerfed further when we've already been completely gutted in the past.

> > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > I was fighting a druid on close yesterday, both he and his pet were unkillable, we somehow managed to kill the druid 2v1 after what seemed like an eternity, but the pet was still full hp. Yet the druid and his pet still did some pretty decent damage. I don't like playing with AI so I don't really know, but is there a build out there that makes your pet immune to damage and condition damage? Pets can be quite sturdy, but this one wouldn't take any scratch at all.

> > >

> > > You aren't supposed to 1v2 a druid, so that's your fault. Same reason you're not supposed to 1v2 a multitude of classes such as (literally any bunker spec) like Firebrand or menders weaver or a (point bunker/1vXer) like Spellbreaker or druid. That's literally what you should NEVER do.

> > >

> > > Also, you know the answer to the question you asked, so don't be stupid. The thread already has enough of that. If you're in a 1v2 and trying to kill the pet, you're flat out bad and I'm not going to entertain these types of posts any more. There's also the internet, so if you were even a _little_ resourceful, you would go to metabattle and just look at the meta druid build to find your answer.

> >

> > Well I was defending our node. Some freshly respawned team mate thought it was a good idea to help, and I was kinda relieved because it was getting boring. I wasn't particularly trying to kill the pet, I just noticed that it would barely take any damage from cleaves and aoes be direct damage or conditions. I generally don't have any trouble with druid and their pet, it was the first and only one that I met that was tankier than a champ.

> >

> > But you said it yourself, it is pointless to 2v1 a bunker spec. Yet it did pretty decent damage. That's the wrong part.

> >

> > Sorry for keeping an eye on the pet while fighting the druid.

> >

> >

>

> So, I'll offer some advice. You shouldn't actually be 1v1ing a druid on their cap. But if you were defending your point, your teammates should have gone to another point. If I remember correctly, pets were dying to AoEs even faster, so Anet made them take less damage if they weren't directly targetted to try and help that. If you have a scourge or mirage, our pets completely blow up anyways because they don't have any condition clear. They _are_ more resistant to power damage though.

>

> Also, you just probably fought a good druid depending on your division. I can fight upwards of 3-4 people as long as I have stability or they don't have a thief on me.

>

> I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Harrier Firebrand that a lot of people are running now (like the Firebrand in the top 5), but it has druid level healing (consistently in an AoE due to symbols, tomes, and utilities), as well as close to 100% critical chance, massive boon support and condition clears, and does an ABSURD amount of damage on point. Like, it can burn down a menders druid in a few seconds if you stand in the damage and can outdamage healing from CA.

>

> If you want to talk about broken, its that build. Druid is good at trolling a side node but that's about it. I don't see why everyone wants us nerfed further when we've already been completely gutted in the past.

As I said, I generally don't have much trouble with druids, I'm not complaining, they're just annoying when contesting a cap. Luckily they stealth quite a lot. Firebrand is so gonna get Tempest treatment. I don't bother with them most of the time. I wonder how people could complain about Diamond skin or Blinding ashes back in the days. Back on topic I think the druid consistently cleared the conditions from his pet because burning and bleeding wouldn't stick to it. I was just really surprised that nothing seemed to work.

> > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > I was fighting a druid on close yesterday, both he and his pet were unkillable, we somehow managed to kill the druid 2v1 after what seemed like an eternity, but the pet was still full hp. Yet the druid and his pet still did some pretty decent damage. I don't like playing with AI so I don't really know, but is there a build out there that makes your pet immune to damage and condition damage? Pets can be quite sturdy, but this one wouldn't take any scratch at all.

> > >

> > > You aren't supposed to 1v2 a druid, so that's your fault. Same reason you're not supposed to 1v2 a multitude of classes such as (literally any bunker spec) like Firebrand or menders weaver or a (point bunker/1vXer) like Spellbreaker or druid. That's literally what you should NEVER do.

> > >

> > > Also, you know the answer to the question you asked, so don't be stupid. The thread already has enough of that. If you're in a 1v2 and trying to kill the pet, you're flat out bad and I'm not going to entertain these types of posts any more. There's also the internet, so if you were even a _little_ resourceful, you would go to metabattle and just look at the meta druid build to find your answer.

> >

> > Well I was defending our node. Some freshly respawned team mate thought it was a good idea to help, and I was kinda relieved because it was getting boring. I wasn't particularly trying to kill the pet, I just noticed that it would barely take any damage from cleaves and aoes be direct damage or conditions. I generally don't have any trouble with druid and their pet, it was the first and only one that I met that was tankier than a champ.

> >

> > But you said it yourself, it is pointless to 2v1 a bunker spec. Yet it did pretty decent damage. That's the wrong part.

> >

> > Sorry for keeping an eye on the pet while fighting the druid.

> >

> >

>

> So, I'll offer some advice. You shouldn't actually be 1v1ing a druid on their cap. But if you were defending your point, your teammates should have gone to another point. If I remember correctly, pets were dying to AoEs even faster, so Anet made them take less damage if they weren't directly targetted to try and help that. If you have a scourge or mirage, our pets completely blow up anyways because they don't have any condition clear. They _are_ more resistant to power damage though.

>

> Also, you just probably fought a good druid depending on your division. I can fight upwards of 3-4 people as long as I have stability or they don't have a thief on me.

>

> I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Harrier Firebrand that a lot of people are running now (like the Firebrand in the top 5), but it has druid level healing (consistently in an AoE due to symbols, tomes, and utilities), as well as close to 100% critical chance, massive boon support and condition clears, and does an ABSURD amount of damage on point. Like, it can burn down a menders druid in a few seconds if you stand in the damage and can outdamage healing from CA.

>

> If you want to talk about broken, its that build. Druid is good at trolling a side node but that's about it. I don't see why everyone wants us nerfed further when we've already been completely gutted in the past.

....people here are simply asking for **class deleting level of nerfs** so there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

Even a weaver can duel a bunker druid and force it off point **( ofc as always this is skill dependant)** , if a weaver can 1v1 a druid...anybody can, generally people on the forum are not interested in tactics or strategies..they only want to win every single 1v1 without adaptation

> > @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I just mentioned how fresh air counters longbow with focus and gs _and_ s/d with super speed.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Neat, learning stuff - non-staff Druids I literally have no idea about because Staff seems like a dumb thing for a Druid to not take.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Diccoco plays s/f really well and I've consistently lost to him on that build back when he still played, simply because fresh air completely hard counters our pet and weapons.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're in luh wit Dicoco

> > > > > > > > > > > > Lightning Strike got you low low

> > > > > > > > > > > > Fresh air, you're like 'oh no' (oh no no please no)

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Yeah its weird. I don't really think any druid likes playing staff. Without air/blood sigils, the auto attack literally hits for next to nothing. The movement skill is on a ridiculously long cooldown. The water field is a line rather than a circle. The vines are hard-to-hit line skill shot that struggles to hit a moving target at max range. The wisp is also almost entirely useless asides from generating additional astral force.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As a ranger main, I would happily take double axes over staff. A/a has higher ranged pressure, soft cc, weakness, o.k. autos, hard cc, and projectile denial.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The only thing staff is good for is generating astral force and some additional AoE healing. Other than that, its a pretty crappy weapon.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > S/d beats staff out because of the additional evades you receive

> > > > > > > > > > > Gs beats staff out because of the cc, evades, movement, and burst damage

> > > > > > > > > > > Longbow beats staff out because of the cc, stealth, range, and burst

> > > > > > > > > > > etc. etc.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You want short CD long range mobility on support spec? Seriously? The CD on it is already way too short for what it does and how much impact it has on match outcome (especially on foefire where you can camp edge of mid and babysit home at the same time -> can't decap that unless druid is dumb). Try to roam vs team with smart druid - you will ask to delete staff all together after that.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Actually AA on staff hurts like hell for a support weapon, especially vs squishy targets. I mean look at necro staff AA or thief sb. Those are purely support weapons and their AA is non-existent basically. Also staff AA doesn't get reflected and tracks stealthed targets. It also doesn't suffer from range discrimination like thief which is forced into 900 range outside of rifle.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I think you really don't understand what staff is there for. From what i reading you wish staff would deal dps of dps weapon set and have shorter CDs on utilities. For real now? Is this a joke?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Should be clear by now that he doesn't know what he's talking about, and is biased as hell.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I've actually provided a lot of substance behind my posts in regards to skill usage, weapon skills, and different matchups. All of which you've failed to do time and time again. If you really believe you know more than me or can play better, 1v1 me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So far, almost everyone I've offered to 1v1 has refused... _weird huh?_

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah a lot of insightful knowledge like claiming that FA ele _hard counters druid_. Ele kitten giggle.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I literally made an entire post about it. It's not my problem _**you**_ can't play it correctly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The super speed negates our pet and melee weapons. The projectile denial negates our longbow. Signet of Restoration negates our staff damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah the 200 healing from signet negates the 1-1.5k channeled damage. You need 8 abilities casted every 1.25 seconds to negate it. Not even a massive burst combo reaches 8 spell casts, and those don't happen often.

> > > > >

> > > > > The 30 seconds cd 6 and 3 secs duration reflects negate any and ALL projectile damage. I know the average druid is dumb as kitten, but some people can anticipate stuff you know? Like not shooting when the reflect is up, or reading it and switching weapons.

> > > > >

> > > > > The superspeed negates any and ALL pet damage? Also negates the melee weapon attacks? LOL.

> > > > >

> > > > > I got one too, your CA negates all damage that ele does. BOOM! See, I can exaggerate nonsense like a biased scrub too. Except it's not fully incorrect especially in menders builds.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Staff pings barely hit 750 on average over the course of the cast time. That's basically 3 skill uses not counting regeneration. Realistically, if you're playing fresh air correctly, 3 skill uses in a short period of time is perfectly reasonable. Also, there's no reason why (logically) that an entire healing skill would be outdamaged by a single weak hitting auto attack on a weapon that's focused around support (and it isn't).

> > > >

> > > > You're also not taking into account weapon swaps (which you might forget, since eles can't weapon swap). Once an ele pops projectile reflect, there is literally no point in remaining in longbow because 4 out of the 5 skills become completely useless (in the case of swirling winds), or detrimental (due to magnetic aura or magnetic wave). Thus, we swap out of longbow to our other weaponset (generally either staff or s/x) in which the former ALSO has 2 out of the 5 skills negated by projectile denial, and the auto can be negated by signet of restoration... _or_ super speed prevents us from doing sustained damage with our melee set. Since it seems like you've only started playing the game recently, the reason why longbow druids were pushed out of the meta post-HoT was because d/f tempests would make the weapon completely useless in team fights, and hammer + bulwark gyro scrappers would make the weapon completely useless on side nodes.

> > > >

> > > > It's a well known fact that pets struggle to hit moving targets. Constant super speed (higher movement speed than swiftness), makes it _impossible_ for a pet to hit you unless it is ranged (countered by projectile denial) or has a skill like smoke assault that tracks. Even in the case of smokescale, the channeled skill does 2.6-3k damage on average and it down for another 20 seconds on meta druid. Also, yes. I don't know if you're familiar with how super speed works, but it literally let's you outrun anything that doesn't have super speed. Thus, if you have a high uptime on super speed, it becomes very difficult for anything melee to actually hit you consistently asides from a leap or teleport.

> > > >

> > > > I've provided actual numbers in my responses. _**You**_ are the one exaggerating and provided no proof or evidence in yours. CA is up every 15 seconds. Doing the average healing rotation on CA heals for 6384 health. Over 15 seconds, that's 425 damage per second which is only a 35 health difference from stage 1 on scepter auto attack on air using fresh air meta. Which, also happens to get blown out of the water on any crits. So, to explain it in a way you can understand, if you use scepter air auto on us for 15 seconds, we can pop CA, do the "meta" healing rotation and break completely even, or, if you've critically hit at all (with 63% base critical hit chance or 83% with fury, so it should happen very often), will not heal for the full amount your autos have done. Also, in that time, you can also cast a plethora of other damaging skills while simultaneously maintaining the beam or taking small breaks in its casting.

> > >

> > > I stopped reading at 750 staff autos. Not even on bunker druid it hits for that little. Superspeed isn't permanent and the reflects aren't permanent. I know it's funny to exaggerate and mass hyperbole on everything you do to defend your low IQ class, but it's time to wake up from your delusions.

> > >

> > > B I A S E D that your class can be played by literal downs people at your same level. I'm done with you lmfao. Keep posting, idc.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/189688#Comment_189688

> >

> > We can't nerf ranger to uselessness, but we can raise the skill ceiling.

> >

> > p.s. My nephew is playing Scourge now too so he's got 2 classes to play with us now. We are so happy for him too!

>

> All I got from that thread is that you and Razor bandwagon together advocating for ranger nerfs. Is he your aforementioned newphew?

>

> Btw, your "evidence" about how your nephew with downs can play ranger is completely anecdotal. I can say "my nephew with downs can play ele successfully." It literally means nothing.

Truth hurts huh?

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> Current damage would be the damage for glass stats and you would scale down from there. At this time you can go full bunker with that damage. What you are seeing now isn't the low end but the max of what your pet should do. So you'd have to run Zerk to keep ur current damage.

>

> That's balance.

Rofl!

> @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > @Rezzet.3614 said:

> > Ranger pets should be killable in 1 v1 s if focused right now this is impossible why should ranger be the only profession with unkillable ai units? Engineer turrets got nerfed because they were tanky despite not doing damage and those took utility slots

>

> They are. Should a bunker build really be able to kill them easily? If so warriors/cronos would one shot them. Name one other profession where its entire secondary mechanic can be put on extended cool down?

>

> Pets can easily be kited. Their DPS is significantly reduced by just moving. Throw in moving around obstacles and they produce virtually no damage.> @Nix.3152 said:

> > druids tilt me more than anything else in the game. stupid healbots who tank eveything and heal to full after that. run around shoot stupid beam while pet is eating you. basicly pet is more usefull than ranger himself.

> > ps ranger is not a real class.

>

> You have problems if you can't deal with a ranger on a holosmith. You should hard counter them with your hard cc and burst. Not to mention you have the tools to disengage and heal to full just as easily as a ranger without having to spec at all in healing power.

And while you are amazing at kiting the pet, druid takes care of you from the distance in the meantime. Sucks if you are pure melee without gimmicks e.g. guard hammer or power shiro and even if you have ways of ranged combat the druid has stupid sustain and escape mechanics.

Holo might try to burst it down and the initial burst might land but do not forget about that stupid stone sig maybe let's add to that elite shout and no CC no damage, pet tanks and druid kites around, running away, going invisible or whatnot.

There is always a tendency of players picking up whatever runs the most gimmicks and is a jack of all trades. In this game hybrids are stronger than builds which are focused on one, max 2 things at the same time. This is what we get for not following the good ol' dps/tank/heal route.

> @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > This is what we get for not following the good ol' dps/tank/heal route.

>

> If that's what you want, you're playing the wrong game.

>

>

And you are right! This is why I play Tera pvp more now.

The reason I posted here was that before HoT people told me that pvp here is good. I was fed up with WoW pvp so I came here and for those 3-4 short months pre-HoT I was dangity dang amazed. Even though there wasn't a clear dps/tank/heal scheme, it kind of felt close to it and every class had a distinct role. Currently it's just dps-blob or hybrid-blob

Like dang, why are hybrid builds so strong and reliable in this game? It is not supposed to work like that.

P.S.

If someone tries to explain that this is still good, then try looking at both salt and overall balance in other games' pvp aspect and compare it to this one. I played all sorts of PvP for over a decade and I can safely say that the saltiest community is this one so far, the second is LoL and the third one is WoW in my book. Another thing Anet tries to balance out game mechanics but also dodging the reliable and well known dps/tank/heal pattern. So now every class is somehow overtuned but some overtuned elements are more overtuned than the others leading to build combos that carry bad players and make good ones close to unkillable and mistake forgiving. Not to mention being focused on keeping the whole game casual friendly (ranked PvP =/= casual friendly - there is nothing casual in ranked). They are doing it for years now, see where that went? Exactly.

I just wish they blocked elite specs for ranked pvp so we could get back to some normal gameplay.

> @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > > This is what we get for not following the good ol' dps/tank/heal route.

> >

> > If that's what you want, you're playing the wrong game.

> >

> >

>

> And you are right! This is why I play Tera pvp more now.

> The reason I posted here was that before HoT people told me that pvp here is good. I was fed up with WoW pvp so I came here and for those 3-4 short months pre-HoT I was dangity dang amazed. Even though there wasn't a clear dps/tank/heal scheme, it kind of felt close to it and every class had a distinct role. Currently it's just dps-blob or hybrid-blob

> Like dang, why are hybrid builds so strong and reliable in this game? It is not supposed to work like that.

Even in MOBAs, the strongest builds are the ones that can do a lot of damage while maintaining high survivability. That's actually the goal for most games... achieving a well-balanced build. It's not like every game except GW2 only has options between completely glass and full support with barely any damage. You're deluding yourself here.

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > > @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > > > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > > > This is what we get for not following the good ol' dps/tank/heal route.

> > >

> > > If that's what you want, you're playing the wrong game.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And you are right! This is why I play Tera pvp more now.

> > The reason I posted here was that before HoT people told me that pvp here is good. I was fed up with WoW pvp so I came here and for those 3-4 short months pre-HoT I was dangity dang amazed. Even though there wasn't a clear dps/tank/heal scheme, it kind of felt close to it and every class had a distinct role. Currently it's just dps-blob or hybrid-blob

> > Like dang, why are hybrid builds so strong and reliable in this game? It is not supposed to work like that.

>

> Even in MOBAs, the strongest builds are the ones that can do a lot of damage while maintaining high survivability. That's actually the goal for most games... achieving a well-balanced build. It's not like every game except GW2 only has options between completely glass and full support with barely any damage. You're deluding yourself here.

Funny thing, today I had a nice fight with a spellbreaker today. Damage? Yeah. Sustain? Well sure, no problem. There is no issue with being good at two things, they synergise well so why not? So we fight, its good and it's cool. But now it seems that he did a mistake, I take an advantage to go for the kill, what happens? Snap! Mobility adds to the pool, he runs away and keep running that sustain kiting around, waiting for CD's to pop again. Well okay, I do the combo to get at him. SNAP 2X, blocks and immunities. See what I mean now?

What classes are played the most by top players? The ones that offer lots of good stuff so that it is possible to pull out such shenanigans. Of course I do not mean that they have to stop, let 'em have the fun. But in the end it shouldn't be like that, especially when it has so much passive play involved. There should be things to sacrifice one way or another instead of giving out best stuff like candy for pretty much free. Mirage is a funny example, it is strong, very strong, but if you smack'em well enough and in a good way, they won't POP to full health in an instant for some reason. They may run away, sure, they are mesmers, they are gimmick incarnate, but I am sure of it that if I bait them out of evades and whatnot and if I damage them well enough, I'll get that sweet kill.

Another one is Firebrand. It may seem as an OP bunker, but just separate them from their pocket scourge (or scourge from their pocket fb) and they are sitting ducks. Zero mobility, just sheer healing and defense. To be good, they have to either fight with a teammate or (or team) or defend a point 1v1 if belongs to fb's team. Otherwise you can focus them to oblivion and you are 100% sure they won't suddenly go invisible or use some mobility skill, because they are not supposed to do so.

As for MOBAs I also play those from time to time and boy is it nice. I am aware what characters are capable of and I know that if they hit hard, they won't pull out a random passive invulnerability when I happen to open them up and drop a burst or if they are tanky as nails, they won't suddenly turn invisible or drop a healing so good it melts your eyes. If mistakes are made = lost fight. Gimmicks my friends, there are little to none of them in many GOOD pvp focused games.