bring back Fort Aspenwood - like gameplay

endurio.7065

For those who missed the original GW, in Fort Aspenwood we had 2 sides consisting of both players and npc's fighting either to defend or to conquer Fort Aspenwood. The defenders had walls and gates. The invaders had siege turtles. Players joined either the defenders or the attackers. Players just queued up to join the fight, there were no premade parties. It was great fun!

If you want to play FA, just go to GW1

I do not think copying maps or mechanics from a totally different game would work. Do you think Da Vinci would be as famous when he made 10 copies of the Mona Lisa?

I would support if they would make the mechanics for certain keeps more interesting so it resembles this. Now it is always. Blow up door 1, blow up door 2, kill keep lord. I would love to see some location specific mechanics to conquer a keep in WvW. Like in alpine for the hills, make the traditional mechanics void, but instead, after getting foghaven/stargrove, special snow dolyaks are brought to a now camp above the keep. When there is enough snow, an avalanch can be triggered to topple the first wall. Then the process repeats for inner. Attackers need to do 4 things. 1: keep foghaven/stargrove. 2: keep the avalanche camp, 3 protect the dolyaks, 4 prevent the first breach to be repaired. As the supplies from red/greenwater are important for defenders to rebuild. They also have to split between several tasks.

Any mechanic that stops the hit and run blob tactics would be welcome to WvW imo