My 2 cents on wvw

LaFurion.3167

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> We need a new company to take over GW2. And invest in GW2's WvW and PvP modes futures.

What illusory "new company" would this be? All of the other MMO developers/publishers who would actually have the capital to buy the IP are pretty much exclusively PvE focused in all of their games.

> @GottFaust.5297 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > We need a new company to take over GW2. And invest in GW2's WvW and PvP modes futures.

>

> What illusory "new company" would this be? All of the other MMO developers/publishers who would actually have the capital to buy the IP are pretty much exclusively PvE focused in all of their games.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > We need a new company to take over GW2. And invest in GW2's WvW and PvP modes futures.

> Oh, oh, oh I know! Trion.

>

maybe we will then see a private server that is more popular and more support than the official server

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

> @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > 1) Condition damage is obviously in an unacceptable state.

>

> What a load of wally.

>

> The assumption that the ability to clean conditions must match the ability to apply them is completely wrong.

First off, he never suggested that the two should *match*. Having pointed that out, let me just say that your response strikes me as complete nonsense. Anyone with an ounce of honesty has to agree that condition damage in WvW is in a totally unacceptable state and has dumbed down the skill level in competitive play to such an extent that it would be laughable if not so sad.

> The fact that you're even allowed to remove *any* damaging conditions is a very generous choice by Arenanet.

By that logic, the fact that people are allowed to remove any *direct* damage via healing would be considered a very generous choice by Arenanet as well. Any suggestion that there should be an offensive capability in the game without a means to mitigate or counter it is ridiculous on its face.

it would be interesting to test out having expertise for condi builds mandatory sorta how power builds rely on ferocity. that way you would have to sacrifice a survivability stat to have better dps... like power builds. anyway unless there is a condi cap, in large scale battles you can still get hit with 20+ burns and torments constantly so theres always that, but it would put a lot less stress on condi clears over time.