PvP Discussion: Rewards

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> **Other rewards?**

> We’d love to hear your thoughts on rewards and what you’d like to see. Keep in mind, some things like armor sets and weapon sets are very resource intensive and have a very long lead time.

Maybe a reward similar to the reforged Caladbolg, but in legendary form. The ability to transform a legendary weapon into another weapon with legendary stats. For example a greatsword can turn into a hammer. All though separating two handed and one handed weapons would be important. This exchange could be done from a vendor in exchange for badges of honor, similar to the ascended version of Caladbolg that requires unbound magic.

Not sure if have been answered allready, but anyway....its new PvP armor gonna be just a retex from the one we allready have or its gonna be a whole new set?? Asking cause in my opinion the PvP armor that we have now is really ugly...i dont think is worth the effort to try to get just a retex armor.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> Give the new looks (pvp 2.5) to the legendary armor.

>

> Also, lower pip amount on defeats by 33%, and increase it on wins by 40%

Agreed. Would be nice if you would give the new pvp look to the legendary armor so as not to have to farm ANOTHER set of ascended gear when some of us have already farmed a set to convert to legendary.

Since WvW is mentioned in this thread in terms of rewards i am going to leave a wish for a pass like the airship or any other pass but for WvW players. I would not mind it as a reward, but i would also pay for such thing.

So why could this be a good thing. Well to start with the obvious things. NPC's only for WvW. Portals to the borderlands. If you keep it with a mega system this also could be a awesome spot for players to make guild recruitment. Guilds could look for other guilds to GvG/scrim with. Maybe a portal to the guild hall arena for more easy access to GvG's and even duels. A corner with dumies were we can train rotation which is a good thing to do for WvW too even if it is not very accurate it still teach people. You could have a area with information about WvW and how it works for new players. You could have a kingofthehill area like the PvP lobby too were people can fight whilst waiting in queue.

It could be a spot were you can choose if you want to cash out your pips, even if you do not get it from outnumbered buff i would want to cash out sometimes when i just want to log off and don't really care if i miss a few. It could also be made so that you can swap profession whilst waiting in queue. This is a thing that happen a lot. The com want something specific and people are willing to swap but not willing to leave the queue for it and wait another 58 spots due to it.

There are probably hundred other things that would be just as great that are not on top of my head. PvE have tons of passes. PvP have their own lobby. WvW could really get their own thing too and a pass would be great :)

I'd like to see some new WvW reward tracks, and unique weapon skins tied to specific areas or bosses in WvW. Examples:

Champion Lord Lykesh, from the Eternal Necropolis, could have a very rare chance when killed, of rewarding the player with a dhuum themed scythe staff skin.

Capturing camps in WvW could have a very rare chance at rewarding you with a dolyak themed item, like a finisher, or perhaps even a dolyak mount skin for the jackal? (just ideas - don't kill me, please)

There could be other rewards like:

Endless Superior Ballista Tonic - transform into a stationary superior ballista

Endless Superior Flame Ram Tonic - transform into a stationary superior flame ram

Endless Superior Arrow Cart Tonic - transform into a stationary superior arrow cart

Endless Alpha Siege Golem Tonic - transform into an alpha siege golem with brawling skills

Endless Omega Siege Golem Tonic - transform into an omega siege golem with brawling skills

Would also like to see an option to have WvW infusions for things like the poly-luminescent undulating refractors (orange, black, green, and teal). Currently there's only infusions for agony resistance - and while that's useful for fractal people, it's completely useless for WvW.

Would also be cool to have unique rewards to WvW like how fractals have red and blue celestial infusions - why can't WvW have something rare and/or expensive too? Loot just doesn't cut it.

Also maybe add an option to one of the WvW vendors, to trade in 20 tomes of knowledge for 1 potion of WvW reward. I think 20 tomes is fair.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> For rewards, we have a couple things in the pipeline. Please keep in mind, the list below doesn’t include everything we have planned. It’s just what is far enough along that we feel safe talking about.

>

> **Obsidian Weapon set**

> This is a new competitive weapon set (shared with WvW). The first four weapons of the set will be available on 12/12. The weapons change effects and some detailing based on what team you’re on. (Red, Blue, Green) The set has 2 tiers. The first tier is exotic, tier 2 is ascended. Tier 2 will require grandmaster marks, the same as other ascended rewards.

>

> **PvP Armor set 2.5**

> We are working on an enhanced version of the Glorious armor. No dates on this yet, as it’s still a ways out. We’re aiming for 2 tiers. Tier 1 for Leagues and tier 2 for Tournament prizes.

>

> **Tournament gizmos**

> Our current plan is to continue changing the tournament gizmo monthly, until we have a full set. We anticipate that we will restart the cycle in July.

>

> **Other rewards?**

> We’d love to hear your thoughts on rewards and what you’d like to see. Keep in mind, some things like armor sets and weapon sets are very resource intensive and have a very long lead time.

>

THANK YOU! One of the greatest news in a long time

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @Xtrverz.4069 said:

> > Any idea what the next monthly items will be and will you ever add a way to exchange llamas for league tickets as I have quite a few sitting in my bank that I already have the final version of.

>

> December's monthly gizmo is a frozen crown, if that's what you were asking about.

>

> Changing unused llama's into league tickets also seems reasonable.

If PvP gets llamas for rewards, PvE gets cats for rewards.. any chance of something else for WvW'rs? Say.. dogs? You know, unleash the Dogs of War and all that? :)

Alternatively I would consider hamsters as acceptible.

> @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > Unique finishers for monthly AT/PvP Season similar to the WTS ones. I also think you could add ascended shards/leauge tickets into AT's and the top in the ranked leauge. Other "maybe" rewards could be clovers or some sort of way to create legendary weapons. Similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert but a PvP version of it.

> >

> > Have you discussed anything regarding enabling infusions for PvP? Theres a lot of people who play all game modes and have very expensive infusions who might want to see them but they do not work in PvP. Could also lead to potential reward in PvP from Leauge/AT's.

> >

> > Unique mounts for AT's/Leauge

>

> So you want to bring gear grind to sPvP? The only thing that could make this worse is make them available in the gemstore only.

Where have I mentioned "Grind"? I'm talking obviously as a prize of placing highly on the leaderboard/mAT's. I personally don't care about what rewards are given as grind

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > Unique finishers for monthly AT/PvP Season similar to the WTS ones. I also think you could add ascended shards/leauge tickets into AT's and the top in the ranked leauge. Other "maybe" rewards could be clovers or some sort of way to create legendary weapons. Similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert but a PvP version of it.

> > >

> > > Have you discussed anything regarding enabling infusions for PvP? Theres a lot of people who play all game modes and have very expensive infusions who might want to see them but they do not work in PvP. Could also lead to potential reward in PvP from Leauge/AT's.

> > >

> > > Unique mounts for AT's/Leauge

> >

> > So you want to bring gear grind to sPvP? The only thing that could make this worse is make them available in the gemstore only.

>

> Where have I mentioned "Grind"? I'm talking obviously as a prize of placing highly on the leaderboard/mAT's. I personally don't care about what rewards are given as grind

wtf you seriously want infusions to work in pvp am I reading that right?