Lion's Arch is a bad neighbor.

When Lions Arch was destroyed, the zephyrites held a festival to raise money to rebuild it. Shortly afterwards, the zephyrites met with tragedy and were left stranded at Dry Top. However, years later and Lions Arch has made no attempt to repay the favor. Lions Arch needs to have a festival to help the zephyrites rebuild their ships and regain their way of life.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> LA was founded by pirates and is still run by scam artists like Evon and I suppose the Consortium. Zephyrites were suckers.

Was it founded by pirates, or taken over by pirates. In one of the novels there's definitely a major pirate-y element, but I don't know if pirates formed the citizenry at the founding of the city. Just wondering, here. :)

Well the Zephyrites are not exactly neighboors to LA... they were visitors that only came around every now and then to hold festivities. Guests, not neighboors.

They came one time before LA was destroyed and as you said during the rebuild of the city. However it does not say it was in order to raise money for the rebuild. Infact the invitation from Ellen Kiel at that very event said she wanted to greet them with as prestigious welcome as they could muster, which sounds a bit contrary to the Zephyrites contributing with monetary help.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_of_the_Four_Winds

Ofc. thats not say they did not help at all, Im sure the festival helped cheer up people and give hope. And it would not be out of place to help the zephyrites rebuild... also I would love a festival doing that, it would have to fit with Living Story though... so when everything is not a complete mess of urgent issues.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > LA was founded by pirates and is still run by scam artists like Evon and I suppose the Consortium. Zephyrites were suckers.

>

> Was it founded by pirates, or taken over by pirates. In one of the novels there's definitely a major pirate-y element, but I don't know if pirates formed the citizenry at the founding of the city. Just wondering, here. :)

You're right, GW2 LA was a pirate city, sunken GW1 LA was just normal Kryta.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > LA was founded by pirates and is still run by scam artists like Evon and I suppose the Consortium. Zephyrites were suckers.

>

> Was it founded by pirates, or taken over by pirates. In one of the novels there's definitely a major pirate-y element, but I don't know if pirates formed the citizenry at the founding of the city. Just wondering, here. :)

I read Sea of Sorrows not long ago. It was a normal Krytan city till it was destroyed, and the piratey types rebuilt it. (I believe it was destroyed by the tidal wave when Orr rose from the depths.)

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > > LA was founded by pirates and is still run by scam artists like Evon and I suppose the Consortium. Zephyrites were suckers.

> >

> > Was it founded by pirates, or taken over by pirates. In one of the novels there's definitely a major pirate-y element, but I don't know if pirates formed the citizenry at the founding of the city. Just wondering, here. :)

>

> I read Sea of Sorrows not long ago. It was a normal Krytan city till it was destroyed, and the piratey types rebuilt it. (I believe it was destroyed by the tidal wave when Orr rose from the depths.)

>

There ya go. I had a feeling. Ah, I do love Lion's Arch! <3

Sounds like a repeat of what happened with Divinity's reach when scarlet first attacked there except it was LA that came to the rescue and DR who only cared about them selves and to quote Magnus the bloody handed or w/e his name is regarding DR's attempted arrest of HeroTron " Divinity's reach wont help rebuild Lions arch but they have time to chase down a golem and even after Lions Arch hosted a relief effort for them" granted not a word for word quote been a while since I heard the line spoken but I believe that was a fair estimation of what was said.

It could also be argued as we the player aka the Commander are an extension of Lions arch as that is where we operate from usually when something happens be it a expansion or new living story season we show up in LA speak to Ellen then move along to help where we are needed granted more could always be done but imo we checked the box at least.

> @"Luciferior.4802" said:

> Sounds like a repeat of what happened with Divinity's reach when scarlet first attacked there except it was LA that came to the rescue and DR who only cared about them selves and to quote Magnus the bloody handed or w/e his name is regarding DR's attempted arrest of HeroTron " Divinity's reach wont help rebuild Lions arch but they have time to chase down a golem and even after Lions Arch hosted a relief effort for them" granted not a word for word quote been a while since I heard the line spoken but I believe that was a fair estimation of what was said.

>

I wonder if Magnus' line could indicate a conflict between the Lionguard and Seraph? As silly (and maybe more sinister intentions, remember Hero-tron "raised thousands of gold during wintersday" for DR) as it sounds it technically was a horrible move on the Seraph's part, looking for a golem as innocents citizens were dying and trying to arrest said golem who was treating the injured.

> @"Zeefa.3915" said:

> Well the Zephyrites are not exactly neighboors to LA... they were visitors that only came around every now and then to hold festivities. Guests, not neighboors.

> They came one time before LA was destroyed and as you said during the rebuild of the city. However it does not say it was in order to raise money for the rebuild. Infact the invitation from Ellen Kiel at that very event said she wanted to greet them with as prestigious welcome as they could muster, which sounds a bit contrary to the Zephyrites contributing with monetary help.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_of_the_Four_Winds

>

> Ofc. thats not say they did not help at all, Im sure the festival helped cheer up people and give hope. And it would not be out of place to help the zephyrites rebuild... also I would love a festival doing that, it would have to fit with Living Story though... so when everything is not a complete mess of urgent issues.

>

Your confusing the second festival with the first. The proceeds from the second festival were supposed to be earmarked for the rebuilding of LA.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion%27s_Arch:_Honored_Guests

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> It's the Seraph and what becomes Dragon's Watch that finds the Zephyrites crashed in Dry Top, what's to say that LA even knows there has been a tragedy for them to even consider helping?

We have a relationship with Ellen Kiel. Ogden knows what happened and he was next door when PoF started. A better question would be how could she not know?

Finally, there was a huge pact base next to Dry Top. It's Ellen's job to know when major events happen that could affect LA. If she didn't know, then she would have to be dumber than a rock