Istan has destroyed the games economy - nerf inc?

Shiyo.3578

> @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

>

> > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

>

> No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

> > That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

>

> Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

>

> That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

>

Sorry but no. Anything I do is not INCREDIBLY devalued. I actually play for fun. I don't care how much gold per second I'm loosing by not farming Silverwaster and selling mats. If the content is fun I'll play it, if its boring I won't. I hate grinding and the lower mats prices are good for me. I do hope they now lower all item prices so the game can go back to the initial idea of play however you like and still get the stuff you want.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

>

> > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

>

> No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

> > That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

>

> Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

>

>

Please don’t post misleading info. Silk hasn’t been worth 1.5 silver since around March 2016.

The problem with istan is it destroys the economy and the other methods of money making. TD, AB, SW, etc. give you gold by providing a various amount of matts which you can sell. Due to this istan, all the other farms are now obsolete and it is just unbalanced. Even farming unbound magic is out now because buying magic warped packets gives you bolts of damask worth 3g... lol. This is the first time since 2013 ectos have hit 20 silver, and gold is just almost impossible to stack up now. However, things like mystic coins, which everyone hates being at 1g, will never be fixed. Let's implement clovers into fractals which you can buy twice a day, but oh no they still cost mystic coins.

People are under the dillusion that the state of economy has gone backwards where to everything was cheap a few years ago, but that's not the case, the matts you farm have gone cheap, while others remain high and some continue to rise and now are just rediculous to get. Expensive skins, Infusions (chak egg sac, liquid aurillium, queen bee infusion), stabilizing matrices and agony infusions, freshwater pearls and maguuma lilies; which are only usually dropped in these now obsolete farms.

The solution is obvious, release new sinks to make people use their hoarded matts and then disable the multimap farm. It took them almost a year to fix AB-MM since when it became a farm, who knows how long this will take. I speak from a middle class economy PoV who has been playing since release.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > uhm...sorry, but...so what? Just means new players can more easily get some of those mats in case they want to make some legendaries or get their crafting up to to 500. Not really sure what the hub bub is all about.

>

> Rich people won't get richer now.

Ah yes, and that would be a crime.

I dont understand why items that were overpriced in the past and are now accessible to more people is considered ruin of the economy.More and more items and ger require an even higher number of ectoplasm and t6 mats so it should be reasonable that those items should be far more common. Have you seen the cost of crafting astral weapons and the ectoplasm requirememnt to complete the collection to unlock the vision crystal to craft stellar weapons?

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > >

> > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> >

> > If the items you're farming lose value(over 50% on most items), but you want gold to buy an item unaffected by Istans farm, and that items price does NOT go down due there not being more supply of it because it's not related to istan, you just ended up having a harder time getting the item(s) you want due to istan being so rewarding and completely destroying the economy of so many items.

> >

> > It also makes it so just playing the game feels a lot worse, you go do some level 80 maps or fractals or whatever and get a ton of t5-t6 mats, then end up with 50% less gold due to prices tanking.

> >

> > POF zones have lost ANY value they had now as well due to istan giving the exact same loot, but 10x of it. POF zones used to be "eh" gold, now they're downright awful.

> >

> > Istan is destroying this games economy.

> >

> >

>

> What item are you talking about? I usually don't sell mats and the current mats prices are pretty fine compared to the gold I can get from daily + daily fractals.

>

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> > > > >

> > > > > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > > > > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> > > > >

> > > > > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> > > >

> > > > It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

> > >

> > > Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

> >

> > I'd say for them mats price is irrelevant if they use gems directly to purchase items from gemstore.

>

> Well it's not irrelevant. Now I can buy powerful blood for cheaper and complete the legendary backpack.

> I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

But it has nothing to do with gem purchases if you consider your prerequisite of a person NOT using gems2gold conversion.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > >

> > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > >

> > > If the items you're farming lose value(over 50% on most items), but you want gold to buy an item unaffected by Istans farm, and that items price does NOT go down due there not being more supply of it because it's not related to istan, you just ended up having a harder time getting the item(s) you want due to istan being so rewarding and completely destroying the economy of so many items.

> > >

> > > It also makes it so just playing the game feels a lot worse, you go do some level 80 maps or fractals or whatever and get a ton of t5-t6 mats, then end up with 50% less gold due to prices tanking.

> > >

> > > POF zones have lost ANY value they had now as well due to istan giving the exact same loot, but 10x of it. POF zones used to be "eh" gold, now they're downright awful.

> > >

> > > Istan is destroying this games economy.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > What item are you talking about? I usually don't sell mats and the current mats prices are pretty fine compared to the gold I can get from daily + daily fractals.

> >

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > > > > > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

> > >

> > > I'd say for them mats price is irrelevant if they use gems directly to purchase items from gemstore.

> >

> > Well it's not irrelevant. Now I can buy powerful blood for cheaper and complete the legendary backpack.

>

> But it has nothing to do with gem purchases if you consider your prerequisite of a person NOT using gems2gold conversion.

If you aren't using gems2gold then the lower mats is great for you. If you are using gems2gold then you will get less gold than you currently could.

Anyway the rare infusions/items just need to drop more and their price will go down.

It's making the end-game stuff worthless.

It's nerfing itself since rares drop like common gear there, and rare prices on TP are going down constantly thus bringing ecto prices down as well. We can see 10 silver rares soon if this goes like that.

The main problem is that istan farming reduces the rewards from other maps or world events as well because of the reduced rare item prices. Soon it will be pointless to do events on other maps.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

Can you stop with the hyperbole? The economy is MUCH bigger than 6-7 items.

This farm gave people a specific thing to farm for, without RNG. You want cloth? buy cloth crates. You want T6? Buy t6 crates.

I haven't seen a LW map more packed after the first week of release than this one - it is great, and has definitely promoted more people to achieve their first legendaries, something that was out of reach for them - Gift of Fortune went from 1,400g -> 700-800g. It's great.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

>

>

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

>

>

>

you can do recommended fractals which are quite easy and they drop a lot of fractal encryptions that have valuable trash item. Even better if you can make t4 and sell stabilizing matrices+ buy ascended rings for 10 pristine relics, salvage and get even more matrices to sell. Fractals are very profitable and with all the gold you get you can buy lots of the now cheaper materials to craft stuff that was overly expensive. There are ways to make gold but some people dont want to leave their comfort zone and for those that say they play casually and cant make gold that way, then why do they even want a huge amount of gold? Gold is spent mostly to make fashion wars expensive gear and legendaries, converting them to gems is pricey for some while now it isnt just the fault of the new map.

Sooo... I can finish leveling all my crafting to 500 for cheaper than ever?

And I can buy rares for precursor forging cheaper than ever?

I'm not finding any problem with this temporary crash. I'm going to make it work for me, and ride it out as far as selling mats. Buy low, sell high- when the market corrects, either naturally or with Anet intervention, I'll worry about emptying the bank. :)

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> While it may be true that Istan has affected powerful blood to a certain extent, it is not the main reason it fell so hard. Have you guys by any chance had a look at frostgorge sound recently?

Thank you.

Everyone needs to be reminded it is frostgorge sound bonus week, so everyone is cashing in on their pact scout mapping materials. Powerful blood has always dropped in price during this event due to the flood of powerful blood.

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> >

> > > I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.

> >

> > No they aren't. Anything you do is now INCREDIBLY devalued to the point where you're making less than half the gold you would be playing casually, while all the items that aren't being devalued by istan are still the same price. You are actually at a huge disadvantage from this.

> >

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> >

> > > That makes no sense ... Prices going down does not mean the games economy is destroyed.

> >

> > Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

> >

> > That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

> >

>

> Sorry but no. Anything I do is not INCREDIBLY devalued. I actually play for fun. I don't care how much gold per second I'm loosing by not farming Silverwaster and selling mats. If the content is fun I'll play it, if its boring I won't. I hate grinding and the lower mats prices are good for me. I do hope they now lower all item prices so the game can go back to the initial idea of play however you like and still get the stuff you want.

This.

Unless for certain looks, I always go for the cheapest/easiest alternative... and even then... most of what I like the looks of are usually cheap. The best mini for me is the black widow spider which is I think 20 silver in the shops? I've unlocked the Mini Molten Firestorm from one of those free anniversary things earlier this year or something and used to be the most expensive thing in the shops before the PoF minis, but I've never used it as I just don't like how it look.

I have fun in certain maps and not-so-much-fun in others. I've heard the best grinding area IS Silverwastes, but I find that area very boring and I don't have fun with it. Auric Basin is one meta I do enjoy and I don't think it's great for much. It has a lot of junk items, yeah... but I enjoy the map and meta that goes with it (and events).

Not sure what the price has to do about making whatever I do devalued if I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

> @"Umut.5471" said:

> It's making the end-game stuff worthless.

> It's nerfing itself since rares drop like common gear there, and rare prices on TP are going down constantly thus bringing ecto prices down as well. We can see 10 silver rares soon if this goes like that.

> The main problem is that istan farming reduces the rewards from other maps or world events as well because of the reduced rare item prices. Soon it will be pointless to do events on other maps.

Depends on what you considered worthless. If you like something once, you will still like it later unless you only liked it because "I can brag about it." That is a personal issue and doesn't affect everyone. Certain people yes, but not everyone.

Just wondering as I still need those named sunspear precursor weapons that I know has a chance to drop from Serpent's Ire and then from a super super low chance in Unidentified Gear that can be found everywhere in PoF... can you get those in Istan outside of the Unidentified Gear? If not, I still "personally" see value in Vabbi over it because I would like to get those still.

How about that syche staff from Shadow Behemoth? I'm not in it for the value, I just like how it looks and would like to get it. There's many other things I can only get on certain maps.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> >

> > Items that were worth 1.5-2s are now almost at vendor value(silk scraps). Leather is looking like it's heading to the same place.

> >

> > That is the very definition of a DESTROYED economy.

> >

>

> No, that's your own ill-informed definition.

>

> > @"Umut.5471" said:

> > It's making the end-game stuff worthless.

> > It's nerfing itself since rares drop like common gear there, and rare prices on TP are going down constantly thus bringing ecto prices down as well. We can see 10 silver rares soon if this goes like that.

> > The main problem is that istan farming reduces the rewards from other maps or world events as well because of the reduced rare item prices. Soon it will be pointless to do events on other maps.

>

> So people did events on other maps because of rare item farming? I'm not so sure about that. What kind of items are you referring to?

Main income through meta events and world bosses are rares. Exotics are too rare.

When rare items lose their worth, those world bosses that give 2 rares won't be worth doing them.

> @"Henrik.7560" said:

> The problem with istan is it destroys the economy and the other methods of money making. TD, AB, SW, etc. give you gold by providing a various amount of matts which you can sell. Due to this istan, all the other farms are now obsolete and it is just unbalanced. Even farming unbound magic is out now because buying magic warped packets gives you bolts of damask worth 3g... lol. This is the first time since 2013 ectos have hit 20 silver, and gold is just almost impossible to stack up now. However, things like mystic coins, which everyone hates being at 1g, will never be fixed. Let's implement clovers into fractals which you can buy twice a day, but oh no they still cost mystic coins.

>

> People are under the dillusion that the state of economy has gone backwards where to everything was cheap a few years ago, but that's not the case, the matts you farm have gone cheap, while others remain high and some continue to rise and now are just rediculous to get. Expensive skins, Infusions (chak egg sac, liquid aurillium, queen bee infusion), stabilizing matrices and agony infusions, freshwater pearls and maguuma lilies; which are only usually dropped in these now obsolete farms.

>

> The solution is obvious, release new sinks to make people use their hoarded matts and then disable the multimap farm. It took them almost a year to fix AB-MM since when it became a farm, who knows how long this will take. I speak from a middle class economy PoV who has been playing since release.

I'm glad someone gets it. Thank you.

> @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Definitely the new map, due to massive unidentified item drops and vendor chests which awards you with t6 and other things.

> >

> > Until they are going to Fix something you can just adapt and maybe stack materials.

>

> There's nothing inherently bad about prices going down, unless you're a TP baron, and it's possibly purposeful. A lot of players have theorized, even before the most recent area was added, that with PoF the devs decided to make build options more accessible by making the means to craft cheaper and more frequently available. Just look at the ridiculous amount of ori and ancient wood in the expansion areas, and its clear at this point it was no accident or they would have "fixed" it as well by now.

Yes, John Smith left in April. The communists took over the economy now, sadly.

Remember this does not only make that rubbish starting gear cheaper, but also prestigious legendaries.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Henrik.7560" said:

> > The problem with istan is it destroys the economy and the other methods of money making. TD, AB, SW, etc. give you gold by providing a various amount of matts which you can sell. Due to this istan, all the other farms are now obsolete and it is just unbalanced. Even farming unbound magic is out now because buying magic warped packets gives you bolts of damask worth 3g... lol. This is the first time since 2013 ectos have hit 20 silver, and gold is just almost impossible to stack up now. However, things like mystic coins, which everyone hates being at 1g, will never be fixed. Let's implement clovers into fractals which you can buy twice a day, but oh no they still cost mystic coins.

> >

> > People are under the dillusion that the state of economy has gone backwards where to everything was cheap a few years ago, but that's not the case, the matts you farm have gone cheap, while others remain high and some continue to rise and now are just rediculous to get. Expensive skins, Infusions (chak egg sac, liquid aurillium, queen bee infusion), stabilizing matrices and agony infusions, freshwater pearls and maguuma lilies; which are only usually dropped in these now obsolete farms.

> >

> > The solution is obvious, release new sinks to make people use their hoarded matts and then disable the multimap farm. It took them almost a year to fix AB-MM since when it became a farm, who knows how long this will take. I speak from a middle class economy PoV who has been playing since release.

>

>

> I'm glad someone gets it. Thank you.

>

>

I am looking for a removal loot and stuff make rares rare

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> Yes, John Smith left in April. The communists took over the economy now, sadly.

> Remember this does not only make that rubbish starting gear cheaper, but also prestigious legendaries.

It's funny, in a single content update these developers completely invalidated all of john's hard work.