You guys need to streamline the endgame goals.

> You guys need to streamline the endgame goals.

> So far I've spent more time researching legendaries and ascended gear on the internet than I have actually been in game actually playing and making progress.

**Legendaries:** what exactly is it that you want to change that would make things more "streamlined?" For precursors, the collection requirements are in the game; outside research is helpful for keeping track and there are plenty of simple-to-use resources including the wiki, [GW2 Efficiency](http://gw2efficiency.com), and [GW2 BLTC](http://gw2bltc.com).

**Ascended:** I'm not sure why you consider this as a primary "end game goal." It's gear, and like gear in any game, acquisition is 10 parts farming, 2 parts "leveling up" the relevant disciplines, and 1 part actually doing stuff. What is that you'd like to see more "streamlined" for this?

One thing that everyone (even ANet) agrees with is that figuring out recipes is convoluted. Fortunately, for ascended, you can really make any sort of stat your account has access to, and then use an exotic insignia/inscription to convert to the stats you really want. In other words, once you learn one simple trick, you can do this for all ascended gear, making it relatively simple for a nominal surcharge.

tl;dr it's unclear what the OP think is problematic.

The Mystic Forge as a whole is poorly explained in game, you need external sources to know the recipes. Of course, given the possibilities and the sheer number of said recipes, I don't see a NPC giving a list of what is possible, but some general guidelines could help. It follows the same logic as for the crafting recipe where you have to experiment to understand the logic, but I feel it works better for crafting because you're rewarded with big chunk of crafting XP, and the material you use for experimenting are generally less valuable that those that can go into the forge.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Myhr.9108" said:

> > The Mystic Forge as a whole is poorly explained in game, you need external sources to know the recipes.

> That's partly the point: it was designed for people to discover how to use it.

That's one of the things that appeals the most to me about this game, it's friendly enough to dive in but it doesn't hand hold you constantly.