Holosmith heat giving chill/freezing resistance

Tekoneiric.6817

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> I agree, overheating while being frozen doesn't make any sense. Freeze and chill should have a reduced duration / effectiveness and also slow down your heat gain. Furthermore, burning should have the opposite effect.

You can damage fire mobs with fire.... :disappointed: was a recent change on this game. even if made sense for some mobs be resistent or imune to certain skill types or conditions.... its a game ment for badies...

It isjust ANet logic, so dont expec those kind of clever gameplay and kewl combat design tricks on this game.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> I agree, overheating while being frozen doesn't make any sense. Freeze and chill should have a reduced duration / effectiveness and also slow down your heat gain. Furthermore, burning should have the opposite effect.

Plus it should offer resistance to the Bitter Cold on Bitterfrost Frontier to the point where the holosmith's heat level would stay at a given level as heat and Bitter Cold cancel each other out allowing the character to stay in holosmith mode indefinitely. They could add a nice steaming effect to the holosmith in that area.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > I agree, overheating while being frozen doesn't make any sense. Freeze and chill should have a reduced duration / effectiveness and also slow down your heat gain. Furthermore, burning should have the opposite effect.

>

> Plus it should offer resistance to the Bitter Cold on Bitterfrost Frontier to the point where the holosmith's heat level would stay at a given level as heat and Bitter Cold cancel each other out allowing the character to stay in holosmith mode indefinitely. They could add a nice steaming effect to the holosmith in that area.

Infinite overheat is just dumb gameplay :expressionless:

But would be kewl overheat mechanic when hited by chill could delay of the overheat bar as well, or reducing it.

imagine that on frozen maps overheat could last a bit longer, and on fire maps shorted, but fire skill would make holo overheat faster as well.

One thing that should happen in game as well would be chill remove fire stacks, fire stacks would remove chill from chilled targets. (player need to play wit the eyes as well rather than hope to spam everything to make it easier.)

**^kewl combat mechanics, everything this game was not ment for, to dificult for most.**

> @"KronosBaelfire.6289" said:

> I agree, you should be immune imo from all freezing/chill affects while overheating or even in your holosmith form. And when you activate it any chill or freezing should be removed. It makes since and I can't figure out why Anet didn't implement this in the first place.

They didn't do this because they don't want the HoloSmith mechanic to be able to counteract builds just because of the name they gave it for "flavour".

It's a two way street; "Cauterize" shouldn't remove stacks of burning it should make burning worse but it does remove them... and then adds stacks of self burning.

>By **harnessing the power of the sun**, holosmiths can create semi-solid constructs of light. They wield swords in battle, and gain access to powerful light weapons in their volatile Photon Forge mode.

What if we don’t have access to sunlight? ?

Some realism needs to be sacrificed for game balance although a touch of it adds to the flavor. ?